Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wisp [WISP] - Anonymous cryptocurrency project - Spectrecoin fork  (Read 967 times)
narking

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:08:18 PM

What is premine Amount ? Is there any Airdrop / Bounty ? How to get WISP ?

1. There is no premine, Wisp is a fork of Spectrecoin which has existed since 2016.
2. There is no airdrop or bounty at the moment.
3. Currently only by buying it from individual members of our community. As soon as we are listed on Bisq or some other exchange, you will be able to buy coins there. If you are interested in buying coins please come to our Discord and ask about it. Maybe we will make a dedicated Discord channel or Bitcointalk thread for OTC trading if enough people are interested in that.

When there is a fork even if it brings improvement, then still the number of users does not grow.
Just because none of the newcomers is entering the project. It is very important to run the bounty as well as the exchange to buy there project tokens. For example, I want to buy a little but it's not clear where and how to do it. So if I do not understand, I probably just pass by. I really like the project and im want you to do it perfectly all guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gandalf86 (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:49:43 AM

When there is a fork even if it brings improvement, then still the number of users does not grow.
Just because none of the newcomers is entering the project. It is very important to run the bounty as well as the exchange to buy there project tokens. For example, I want to buy a little but it's not clear where and how to do it. So if I do not understand, I probably just pass by. I really like the project and im want you to do it perfectly all guys.

Thanks bud, I am taking your suggestions seriously. Right now we will first try to have some binaries released, and then we'll look into further opportunities to get on exchanges or start some marketing efforts. After all, the most important aspect of a coin is how it is being USED for actual payments.

If I have a Spectrecoin, can I get WISP?
And is there a protection against re-spending coins in different chains?

If you had Spectrecoin in your wallet before the fork, you can import your wallet.dat into the Wisp wallet and will have access to your coins. Otherwise you will have to buy it from someone else. There is a protection which was implemented by the Spectrecoin developers, yes.

See also https://github.com/wispproject/doc/wiki/FAQ

So basically only the holders of Spectrecoin will get Wisp because of the fork.
And probably the size of the community of Wisp won't be larger of the Spectrecoin one.
Devs won't do much to develope the coin - they have declared.

Not quite correct, you can still buy Wisp from exchanges (in the future) or from other people, so everybody can get Wisp. Regarding development, see the "Roadmap" section in the ANN. We just don't have that many resources at the moment, but it might change in the future.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
narking

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:49:46 PM

Thanks bud, I am taking your suggestions seriously. Right now we will first try to have some binaries released, and then we'll look into further opportunities to get on exchanges or start some marketing efforts. After all, the most important aspect of a coin is how it is being USED for actual payments.

Agree one hundred percent. I'd like to see the growing popularity of this project. The fact that many did not fit in the spectrecoin should now finally earn correctly as the community wants it already in a new version without deductions to the creator. Will observe how the whole process is going, comrade gendalf.
johncro_

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:49:39 AM

Kinda feel bad for the Gandalf.Dude is trying his best to keep this going and is active as much can one be and still thinks he will get some work done from jbg and other members. people are gone with the wind as everyone expected.no one is taking this project serious so its gonna die with time.sorry gandalf hope you comeback to xspec team
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:46:12 PM

Kinda feel bad for the Gandalf.Dude is trying his best to keep this going and is active as much can one be and still thinks he will get some work done from jbg and other members. people are gone with the wind as everyone expected.no one is taking this project serious so its gonna die with time.sorry gandalf hope you comeback to xspec team

I would be happy to participate in the XSPEC community, but Mandica and their team banned me from Discord for notifying Cryptopia about Wisp.  Roll Eyes  It's a ridiculous reason of course but I guess the actual reason is that they feel like I would be disrupting their flow when being on their Discord. It's ok for me, they should do whatever is best for Spectrecoin.

Also don't be so pessimistic, we still have millions of stake weight here (people staking Wisp) and we don't even have released binaries yet. This split off of Spectrecoin is still in a very early phase, people will get more interested as we progress slowly (binaries, block explorer, exchanges etc). Patience is not a very common trait among investors, people come and go, it's pretty normal. You should only start judging a project after nothing happened for multiple years. Mind you that the fork happened only 1.5 months ago!  Wink

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
johncro_

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:36:08 AM

i respect your persistence to keep this project going but having look at discord rooms you can clearly see nothing is happening.jbg is treating this project as hobby,1.5month ago fork happened and still no wallet for users who don't know how to use binaries.I guess everyone has freedom on their opinion but i am not sure how can you justify 6months of project without anything major being done so far.
CleanCutKid

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:02:54 PM

Why can't you just get someone to build a wallet, like an .exe so more people can use it. Is it not a bit elitist when you have to be able to compile to take part in Wisp?
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:18:43 PM

Why can't you just get someone to build a wallet, like an .exe so more people can use it. Is it not a bit elitist when you have to be able to compile to take part in Wisp?

It's not intentional bud.  Wink  I am using Linux and tried cross-compiling the wallet but failed due to missing dependencies for the cross-compiler. The wallet has a lot of dependencies. Using a VM would work but then again I have no experience at all with Windows and the build requirements so it would be a bit doubtful. JBG has had enough of cryptocurrencies so far after he was harassed so intensely for his work and the delays. DrStrife said he could make binaries but stopped replying for now. Otherwise I'm not aware of any community member who would be able to build Windows or Mac binaries. If you know someone, please send him our way.

narking

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:21:19 PM

It's not intentional bud.  Wink  I am using Linux and tried cross-compiling the wallet but failed due to missing dependencies for the cross-compiler. The wallet has a lot of dependencies. Using a VM would work but then again I have no experience at all with Windows and the build requirements so it would be a bit doubtful. JBG has had enough of cryptocurrencies so far after he was harassed so intensely for his work and the delays. DrStrife said he could make binaries but stopped replying for now. Otherwise I'm not aware of any community member who would be able to build Windows or Mac binaries. If you know someone, please send him our way.

It will be necessary to ask friends if they can do this. Guys really want to see the movement forward. If I understand correctly, will there be any payment for creating a wallet or will they be accepted into the team?
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:45:49 PM

It will be necessary to ask friends if they can do this. Guys really want to see the movement forward. If I understand correctly, will there be any payment for creating a wallet or will they be accepted into the team?

Everybody of us is the "team", there are no special privileges tied to that. So of course if your friends want to be part of the active community then they are free to offer binaries to other users here.

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:45:09 AM

Wisp News

Hello everybody, I am happy to present our first block explorer! Smiley http://wisp.thecryptochat.net/
I have chosen TheCryptoChat for our first block explorer service because the owners and me have friends in common. If you would like to see other block explorers, please suggest them in the chat and let's raise the money together, as we are all part of this project together.

The wallet is already released and functional: https://github.com/wispproject/wallet However we don't have Windows binaries yet because I'm not a Windows developer. If there is anyone here able to create release binaries for Windows feel free to offer it to other users, you should always decide for yourself whether you trust the person who created the binary or not.

This project is NOT dead, it is just waiting to gain speed again! We're here to create an anonymous currency based on POS that does not rely on any authorities or centralized management, which also means that initiatives need to grow from within the community. If you have an idea that could bring this project forward I will happily support you with implementing that idea. Smiley In particular I would be interested in making a list of use cases where a currency like Wisp would add value right now, in its current form, better than any other cryptocurrency. Let's start adding value where we are right now, life is too short to always wait for things to get better. True opportunities can be found in the present and not in the future. We have the power of an open community here, so let's start brainstorming! Smiley Please join our Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/2YUewTX

Best regards, Gandalf86

SupremeCommanderJabar

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:25:08 AM

What if people forked privacy coin and nobody cared?

Cheesy  Shocked  Tongue
Raroun

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:52:07 PM

Wisp News

Hello everybody, I am happy to present our first block explorer! Smiley http://wisp.thecryptochat.net/
I have chosen TheCryptoChat for our first block explorer service because the owners and me have friends in common. If you would like to see other block explorers, please suggest them in the chat and let's raise the money together, as we are all part of this project together.

The wallet is already released and functional: https://github.com/wispproject/wallet However we don't have Windows binaries yet because I'm not a Windows developer. If there is anyone here able to create release binaries for Windows feel free to offer it to other users, you should always decide for yourself whether you trust the person who created the binary or not.

This project is NOT dead, it is just waiting to gain speed again! We're here to create an anonymous currency based on POS that does not rely on any authorities or centralized management, which also means that initiatives need to grow from within the community. If you have an idea that could bring this project forward I will happily support you with implementing that idea. Smiley In particular I would be interested in making a list of use cases where a currency like Wisp would add value right now, in its current form, better than any other cryptocurrency. Let's start adding value where we are right now, life is too short to always wait for things to get better. True opportunities can be found in the present and not in the future. We have the power of an open community here, so let's start brainstorming! Smiley Please join our Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/2YUewTX

Best regards, Gandalf86
why do you tell to your new community - at your new project - on discord https://discord.gg/PADaP7s it is Pretty dead?
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 08:01:31 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2020, 05:18:44 PM by Bitman86

The WISP network is active, there are currently several people active in this project,
but at times when the entire crypto universe seems to have lost interest ...,
It is logical that a small project and even in birth, seems to be abandoned.

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 07:57:53 AM

We now have a trading channel for OTC (over the counter) trading in our Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/2YUewTX

Wisp is currently not listed on any exchanges, so I suggest that you trade coins between each other - I will act as a free escrow for larger trades if necessary.  Smiley

If you are a Linux user, you can compile the wallet from https://github.com/wispproject/wallet
If you are a Windows or Mac user, please use an old Spectrecoin wallet (pre-2.0, for example 1.3.6 or 1.3.8 ). Any Spectrecoin wallet before 2.0 will work.

im_not_dazzled

Activity: 325
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:21:16 AM

If you had Spectrecoin in your wallet before the fork, you can import your wallet.dat into the Wisp wallet and will have access to your coins. Otherwise you will have to buy it from someone else. There is a protection which was implemented by the Spectrecoin developers, yes.
Are there exchanges support this one?
I mean exchanges that support the claiming procedure from Spectrocoin.
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 03:51:12 PM

Are there exchanges support this one?
I mean exchanges that support the claiming procedure from Spectrocoin.

No exchanges have supported Wisp as far as I know. I notified Cryptopia and Livecoin about the fork back in the days, but the only thing that resulted from it was that I got banned from the Spectrecoin Discord. xD You can ask Cryptopia to give you your Wisp coins from the original Spectrecoin chain, but I doubt that they will act on it. Generally it is advisable to store your coins in your own wallet, which is in sync with the decentralization philosophy that backs Wisp. So if you store your coins on an exchange and they move to a different chain, that is basically your own fault.

If you have stored your coins in your local wallet, accessing your WISP is as simple as importing your wallet.dat from the Spectrecoin wallet.

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 10:26:15 AM

Hello people,

I know that there hasn't been much activity in the project lately, and unfortunately my Discord account has been restricted now. I have been using Tor for all crypto related stuff for years, and suddenly Discord decided that they need to verify my phone number to let me use my account, which would of course break the anonymity. So unfortunately I can not use Discord any more. This is not the first time Discord has been hostile against Tor users.

Since Wisp is all about anonymity and decentralization, using a chat site that does not permit Tor usage is obviously pointless.  Wink  I would suggest that we move to Matrix / Riot.im, which is a decentralized group chat alternative to Discord! Matrix has a slightly higher entry barrier than Discord, but I'm sure we will figure it out. Since it is decentralized, blocking Tor is not feasible on the Matrix network and it also fits much better to the anarchistic and authority-free nature of the Wisp project (or what is still left of it).

If anyone here is already using Matrix, feel free to create a channel and post it here! Otherwise I will get familiar with Matrix and post the join link here soon.

Thanks to everyone who is still interested in Wisp (hello Bitman86 ^^)

Best regards, Gandalf86

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2020, 11:28:25 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2020, 11:38:43 PM by Bitman86

Download a compiled version for Windows 64

After several binary requests for WISP I now finish loading one for Windows 64.
This is the latest functional version, without brand changes,
but with this you can access the network and win by doing Staking.

https://github.com/LeoBitman/spectre/releases/tag/WISP-v1.3.5.0

Welcome back to WISP Discord Gandalf86

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2020, 05:23:48 PM

Wisp's blockchain doesn't work anymore:

Data from the last block:

Nº  1754490