Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum fees are becoming like Bitcoin fees  (Read 649 times)
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 02:42:32 PM

This is why Ethereum and Bitcoin only good for holding as an investment. If you want a reliable low fee and fast transaction, LTC would be your best bet.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 03:20:40 PM

Ethereum transaction fees are very expensive lately, I don't know why, even though Etherreum 2.0 is a hot conversation, hopefully in the future transaction fees can be even cheaper and free

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 03:25:20 PM

Yes, in the past few weeks ethereum fee is crazy, gas price is very high. i don't know what happen right now and this is terrible. I hope this gas price issue will slowly going down.
It's better to check it gradually throuh use the ethgasstation. I think that you will get the best answer from there. The gas has already gone to the normal value again and you should not feel worried about that dude. everything is fine right now.
Eddyc

Activity: 1015
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 03:27:36 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2020, 11:20:06 PM by Eddyc

If we analyze the topic completely this is the path of discussion that Vitalik has been commenting for a while. The high rates that can vary the network hash and congestion are two barriers that prevent a high valuation of Ethereum. It's worth remembering that this is just a technical issue.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 03:37:37 PM

If we analyze the topic completely this is the path of discussion that Vitalik has been commenting for a while. The high rates that can vary the network hash and congestion are two barriers that prevent a high valuation of Ethereum. It is worth remembering that this is just a technical issue.
This technical problem can not be solved for 2 years. I don’t think that the team will be able to change anything on their blockchain. I don't  believe in the project and do not hold any ETH in my portfolio

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 03:42:05 PM

This is why Ethereum and Bitcoin only good for holding as an investment. If you want a reliable low fee and fast transaction, LTC would be your best bet.
Might as well add dogecoin in your list, it has way more cheaper fee and faster block times compare to litecoin. litecoin is just basically copycat of bitcoin.
Poppy_ALTStrader

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 03:47:41 PM

Hey, so I'm not alone you mentioned that... I was shocked when saw that the fee is higher now. Actually, I didn't have enough ETH for paying a fee for my last transfer... So I needed to get some from my friend...
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 03:51:28 PM

Yes, in the past few weeks ethereum fee is crazy, gas price is very high. i don't know what happen right now and this is terrible. I hope this gas price issue will slowly going down.
The largest number of transactions are currently taking place in ethereum. Stablecoins also added load to the network. Ethereum is not yet ready for this and therefore gas prices are increasing. Most likely, we should already expect improvements to Ethereum 2.0, which should be implemented in November. Then the situation will change for the better. Buterin predicts a significant increase in the scalability of this coin.

elementaryOS

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 08:44:12 PM

I have always noticed that the fee accompanying the transactions on ethereum platform always increase whenever the market if going uptrend. If the few are really high now, I wonder what will happen if there is another bull run. Bith Bitcoin and Ethereum might be competing in gas fee then.
When they're going uptrend, your average transaction will take a longer time than before cause traders rush their bag to exchange to trade. Really hope we will have a coin with reliable transaction no matter day or night and the situation of the market.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 09:10:03 PM

I told people then when some of these platforms were promoting their platform saying that it is cheaper than Bitcoin, I said most of these network would want to be in Bitcoin shoes now, the issue is that as the price of token increases the transaction fee also increases, the DEFI plus all these ponzi projects on Ethereum has driven up the transaction fee and something must be done about it

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:29:55 PM

Yes, unfortunately, we can see that transfer fees have also increased significantly due to problems in Ethereum network, accumulated transactions and other reasons. Although these wages have increased at a high rate, the fact that there is no such increase in mining revenues is another remarkable factor. Although I do not have the full technical knowledge in this regard, I hope that the Ethereum network will return to normal as soon as possible and be effective in providing fast money transfer with very low fees.
Utoy101

Activity: 368
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:44:07 PM

Lately ETH fees have been skyrocketing and I have been paying 50 cents for a normal eth transaction and over $1 for contract functions. Used to be a few pennies at most to get your transaction confirmed quickly.

I've been experiencing a huge increase in transaction fees lately, i think there is congestion causing the network to clog. It might be due to the #DEFI wave that brought about many projects launching their products on eth network.... I heard that the blocksize also got increased by almost 10times and with ethereum 2.0 around the corner to launch, i believe we'll see an improvement real soon
NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:20:52 PM

Lately ETH fees have been skyrocketing and I have been paying 50 cents for a normal eth transaction and over $1 for contract functions. Used to be a few pennies at most to get your transaction confirmed quickly.
Well it depends on the gas limit you set but probably you are right it was high value of eth now when using the gas I'm just going to transfer a gas and it make 2$-3$ per transaction I don't know why gas is that huge for ethereum maybe many people are using it so the transaction became slow and you need to put the gas higher.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:31:40 PM

Well it depends on the gas limit you set but probably you are right it was high value of eth now when using the gas I'm just going to transfer a gas and it make 2$-3$ per transaction I don't know why gas is that huge for ethereum maybe many people are using it so the transaction became slow and you need to put the gas higher.
Looks like we are back in the bull run, the last time I remember ETH had that kind of big transaction fee was during the last bull run when the network was congested due to transactions coming from ICO and ETH tokens, but now, I don't know if there's a high demand on ETH that makes the fee to be higher. AFAIR, the last time I transacted I can still set a lower amount of fee and it confirms fast, of course faster than bitcoin and even with bitcoin transaction versus ETH (same feee), ETH confirms faster.

That fee might just drop again and will go back to normal, just like when bitcoin pumped during the hype of the halving, the fee had significantly increased but now, it's not that expensive to transact, fee are normally below $1 and it still confirm faster.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Poppy_ALTStrader

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:19:07 AM

I've been experiencing a huge increase in transaction fees lately, i think there is congestion causing the network to clog. It might be due to the #DEFI wave that brought about many projects launching their products on eth network.... I heard that the blocksize also got increased by almost 10times and with ethereum 2.0 around the corner to launch, i believe we'll see an improvement real soon
Do you think that is one of the reasons? Huh Roll Eyes
In future the ETH coin fee is going to be so much high like last time and this time ETH coin touch the high value almost 10,000$ and  hope that we make good profit on that time through trading.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:49:13 AM

Do you think that is one of the reasons? Huh Roll Eyes
In future the ETH coin fee is going to be so much high like last time and this time ETH coin touch the high value almost 10,000$ and  hope that we make good profit on that time through trading.

A lot of people believe that Ethereum 2.0 will solve this though. I don't know much about this but it seems that the new update that the people is waiting for will solve most of the scalability and security problems. To be honest, we really can't look forward to it when it comes to fees as this update will still happen in the far future, probably next year. We can only hope that the gas fees lower.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:57:28 AM

You should adjust the gwei to be matched with the gas limit. Gas limit is a limitation for how much the fees will be taken by the network. How much your fees will be determined by how much gwei you have putted it in your transaction.
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 03:27:10 AM

It is not that simple to correctly pay fees in ethereum. You need to set Gas Price and Gas Limit. You probably set something wrong, higher than needed.

I made a small guide here:
 Paying low fees in Ethereum - Gas Limit, Gas Price and Gwei

Thanks for this guidelines you gave Sir, this is very helpful to know what is the meaning of Gwei, wei per transaction for Ethereum.
I had been here in crypto space for a couple of years but only this time I found out how much is the equivalent of 1 gwei or wei if
we convert it into BitcoinBTC.
Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 03:58:50 AM

It's a big problem, if you make a contract transaction without fee limitation, the transaction fee may cost up to $50 for per transaction. But if you set up limit gas, the transaction will take up to hours to complete.

Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 09:35:01 AM

Honestly, transaction fees on ethereum block chain have become somehow unbearable nowadays.  Transaction that I used to do with just $0.01 before can hardly go even with $0.3.  And it is not that the ETH price is on increase like that in order to justify for it. Hope it will be rectified promptly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: