Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My friend passed away and he have Bitcoin in his wallet  (Read 688 times)
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 09:33:23 PM

For me the best thing that you could do is to inform them about crypto and the chance that their son have some money on the internet.
They could do it on their own or if you really feel that they couldn't trust anyone but you then you should go and convert those crypto into Fiat if they find some.
I think if he is really into crypto then there would be a lot of wallet and even exchange that you should check since crypto owners tend to use different wallets and plenty of trading sites to secure or hold some of their crypto.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Utoy101

Activity: 368
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 09:49:14 PM

Hi
It's a bit strange topic and situation so a friend of mine passed away in a traffic accident and I'm sure he have big amount of saved bitcoins in his wallet or wallets.
His parents a bit old school and they know nothing about technology or Bitcoin
So I want to tell his parents about it as probably his private keys is saved in his personal PC or email or his phone or some paper
And no I cannot go to meet them as I'm in another country now but I have his father's phone and another friend of mine living close to them

So do you guys think it's a good idea to tell his parents about it ? To search of they find some twelve words it's a key to some hisen coins ? Or what do you guys think?

So sad hearing your friend passed away. this is a common situation as most people who are into bitcoin investment hardly oet people around them know, i think you owe the family of your friend what you know about him and financial life, of at all they are able to retrieve the bitcoin he has, it would go along way in the lives of people he left behind, my advise is you should tell the family about it
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 09:55:19 PM

I'm sorry for your friend, this is a sad thing to experience.
Similar cases when people die and leave Bitcoin behind in their wallets happen more often. If they haven't left any kind of last will where is instructed what to do with Bitcoins then family and friends might have serious issues what to do with it and especially if they don't have access to wallet. It's a legal.and moral question what to do.
Anyhow, in this case I think their family should decide and they should be offered some technical help to deal with it and its up to them what they are going to do with Bitcoins.

Thats if there is some sufficient or ample amount of coins have been left on the wallet and as mentioned that op is trying out to reach out his parents to tell
about of those coins.

Its just ethical if they would tell them out about it since its their son after all and now its dead then they do have the rights on getting on what he do owns.

Its just sad to hear out these kind of situations thats why its important that we should at least consider finding ways on how our loved ones would inherit our coins
once we passed away.
olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 07:29:09 AM

Sorry about your loss, you guys must be very close judging by the way you are committed to helping his family recover his coin. I also admire your honesty and transparency because you have an open opportunity to possess the coin since his parents are old school.

My advice for you is, be very certain that there is actually Bitcoin left in his wallet, and if there is, be sure of its value, so that you will not unnecessarily put his parent's hopes up. I hope you are able to follow this all the way through, and I wish I can find a
honest friends like you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: