Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:16:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a correlation between price and major wallet upgrades?  (Read 254 times)
Lionel (OP)

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 06:27:58 PM

Beginning of 2020: BSV wallet ver. 2 released => price surged

A few months later: Reddcoin and Cardano had major upgrades => price surged for both

A couple of other cases like those happened for some of the top 100 coins this year, so i wonder if there is likely to be a pump before a major upgrade, if the project in question is among the ones with the most market cap.

Now, the next big upgrade we are waiting for is privacy integration into Litecoin ( estimated release: fall 2020 ).

So can we expect the LTC price to surge in September/October ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 08:34:00 PM

The people who decide the price of these things, the traders, probably never touch a 'real' wallet in their entire lives. Their coins remain on exchanges. I'd be impressed if 10% had any awareness of a wallet upgrade.

It's forks that sometimes inspire a pump, often with the wrongheaded assumption there'll be an airdrop. No one cares about wallets.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 09:16:30 PM

It depends! because not all things that do happen in the past will surely happen into the future.Its somewhat normal when there significant updates on said project

on which its price do really increase and as you had elaborated above for some coins then its good that you do able to observe it out and now LTC is tending to have

wallet upgrade.Its up to you if you can risk up some bucks just for you to accumulate since you do presume that there would be an increase on upcoming upgrades that they
do had but just want to say that dont expect too much because not all things would happen as you anticipated.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 09:36:32 PM

Price surges based on News, wallet or network upgrades are purely speculative especially if a coin has a small volume to be easily manipulated by whales. You can never know what the manipulators have in mind. I wouldn't say LTC is a small coin as compared to BSV but manipulation is still very possible. You have to be very careful if you plan to buy any Litecoins. Just buy what you can afford to lose in case things don't go as expected.
High risk equals high reward but it can also be equal to high loss  Wink

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 10:32:54 PM

Not really.

I don't thing update wallets to bring a significant effect to the price, not every update will make the price rising we need to see all aspect first from the update. One of the example, maybe bitcoin when they update to make it more cheaper with update the Segwit, Transaction Time and other things.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 10:33:03 PM

I've been looking at litecoin for a few years and it's not bad for stability but I wouldn't try to second guess what it does. If it makes the news that it has an upgrade then you'll probably see some change in the price of the coin but there may be problems with it being privacy based I'm not sure a lot of fiat exchanges like privacy coins... (I might just be thinking of cex though as I've bought dash in binance)...

Ltcs price has 3xed over a few months in the past so that might be likely again, I'll certainly have a look into its health to see how it's doing once it starts to recover a bit...
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1794

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 11:07:20 PM

Price seems to have been in the same average range in the past 3 months and a huge drop in the last one year from around $150 to just around $50 according to coinmarketcap.

The coins still doesn't look good in the coin market capitalization rankings, losing a spot to unpopular coins like BSV but lets wait and see what happens in the coming months.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 11:11:49 PM
Merited by Bitcoin_Arena (1)

Not sure if 3xed means 300%(3x) but Price seems to have been in the same average range in the past 3 months and a huge drop in the last one year from around $150 to just around $50 according to coinmarketcap.

I think I threw an amounbt into it last year in around february-march time and pulled out a decent profit from it (seemed to go from 0.007 to 0.018 from what I remember), the year before when I missed it I watched it go from 0.006 to 0.022 on exchanges... It's a past history I expected to continue into spring this year but I think the whales were busy with the halving.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 03, 2020, 11:16:45 PM

Not really.

I don't thing update wallets to bring a significant effect to the price, not every update will make the price rising we need to see all aspect first from the update. One of the example, maybe bitcoin when they update to make it more cheaper with update the Segwit, Transaction Time and other things.

Or it depends on the coin and the kind of upgrade that they are getting. If if it is a major upgrade coupled with developments, I think it pushes their price as traders are thinking that the price will increase because of the progress. However, it is only case to case basis. I don't think there is a strong correlation between the price and major wallet upgrade for every coin.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1794

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:12:35 AM

Not sure if 3xed means 300%(3x) but Price seems to have been in the same average range in the past 3 months and a huge drop in the last one year from around $150 to just around $50 according to coinmarketcap.

I think I threw an amounbt into it last year in around february-march time and pulled out a decent profit from it (seemed to go from 0.007 to 0.018 from what I remember), the year before when I missed it I watched it go from 0.006 to 0.022 on exchanges... It's a past history I expected to continue into spring this year but I think the whales were busy with the halving.
My bad, I realized what you were saying and i tried to remove the reply but guess you were quicker than me  Cheesy
You are right, LTC rose quite well even way before that bitcoin bull run that started in April 2019. Someone who had made an entry at the beginning of Jan 2019 could have easily made X6 profit by July 2019.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:53:46 AM
Merited by Lionel (1)

A few months later: Reddcoin and Cardano had major upgrades => price surged for both

A couple of other cases like those happened for some of the top 100 coins this year, so i wonder if there is likely to be a pump before a major upgrade, if the project in question is among the ones with the most market cap.

Now, the next big upgrade we are waiting for is privacy integration into Litecoin ( estimated release: fall 2020 ).

Wallet upgrades only matters when they are creating a good impact on the overall performance of the coin.
If the upgrade improves the performance then there are chances that the coin will surge in price because then it creates more usability.
For example the upgrade of ethereum 2.0 will bring new advances to ether which is why ether's price is expected to rise before the upgrade.

But this does not mean that every wallet upgrade will surge the price of the coin since there are so many shit coins in the market.
Not every upgrade will bring better features. Sometimes the upgrade just creates a havoc for an existing better product.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 10:03:15 AM

I think the relationship you mentioned is actually effective in some projects. For example, although innovations in Bitcoin wallets do not reflect on prices, changes in wallets of other alternative cryptocurrencies can often affect the price. Cryptocurrency projects, especially providing wallet services, can significantly increase the value of project tokens with such developments. In short, we can answer the question partially yes and partially no.
Lionel (OP)

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 01:44:16 PM

Wallet upgrades only matters when they are creating a good impact on the overall performance of the coin.
If the upgrade improves the performance then there are chances that the coin will surge in price because then it creates more usability.
For example the upgrade of ethereum 2.0 will bring new advances to ether which is why ether's price is expected to rise before the upgrade.

But this does not mean that every wallet upgrade will surge the price of the coin since there are so many shit coins in the market.
Not every upgrade will bring better features. Sometimes the upgrade just creates a havoc for an existing better product.

This is very valuable info.

So, investing in Litecoin now is unlikely to give profits due to privacy integration in September, because it's not a usability improvement.
And privacy is only appreciated by a niche.

So i better buy some Eth and wait for Phase 0 integration this year
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 02:34:34 PM

This answers the question, so there is a correlation between price and the project upgrades. This is due to speculation, most people think that an upgrade is worth to invest with resulting to a price surge of a coin then it will dump again when these people pulls out their money.

I've been waiting Ethereum 2.0 to come out, I already bought a decent amount of ethereum from the last 4 months and just waiting for the price to increase when it upgrades.

This only applies on selected coins in the market, not so man people gives a damn about an unpopular coins to be honest, shitcoins already marked their mind not to deal with it. Better to watch out for major upgrades on major coins in the market, they are more likely to bring you profit.

Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 07:04:04 PM

[snip]
So i better buy some Eth and wait for Phase 0 integration this year
Well, I don't know if this Ethereum will be promising after the updates and they are not updating their wallet. They update their network, from POW chain to  POS hard chains which are focusing on the speed up the transactions.
Well, I don't see any correlation among them, --perhaps once investors know that a project will have a new update it will get their interest to invest because they know that it will grow and they are all accumulating in all time.

Indeed, the market remains unpredictable, or else, they had a pump or dump that makes the price like manipulating them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 08:47:30 PM

There may be a little bump on the price because media covers new about the coin so it will get attention along with price bump but it is not going to happen always with all the coins so don't expect bump due to the upgrades.LTC is a good coin at overall so you can invest on it and expect the price bump when the bitcoin bumps.
Wexnident

Activity: 2520
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 02:58:30 AM

Uhm no. Sure, if Wallets were a 100% requirement in holding coins, like there's absolutely no way for you to retain ownership of a coin if you don't have a wallet, but it's not. There are various ways for you to own a coin without spending money on wallets like paper wallets or if you're not holding for a long time, exchanges. Wallets are in the end, more for people who hold bitcoin in the long term or hold huge amounts of Bitcoin, to be fair, the majority of traders don't even hold that much when trading.

The bumps probably happen due to advertisements and the company behind the coin doing something to promote the wallets. Sides, there are countless factors other than wallets you'd need to reason out price surge.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Yogee

Activity: 1540
Merit: 412

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 08:35:41 AM

It's not direct but you can say major wallet upgrades can affect the price of a coin because of speculators.

upgrade announcement ==> hype ==> fomo ==> pump

If I were to speculate, LTC could pump up to $100ish but under the condition that BTC remains above $9K before the upgrade. I don't think we need a graph for that prediction. We all understand that altcoin follows the price bitcoin most of the time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
XZERO1

Activity: 504
Merit: 33

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 10:08:18 AM

There are surely some correlations between important updates of the project and the price, wallet updates definitely is one of those critical updates and because of that most of the time when different projects update their wallets you will see an obvious surge in the demand for that coin and as the result you will see the price increasing, one other thing is that investors and traders like projects that are more active and update their software more often so they see these upgrades as a good sign and it's more likely that they invest in these projects comparing to those who are not as active.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 01:45:30 PM

I think there could be some correlation but its not a good indication though. We all know that crypto market is based on news, and maybe this is the main reason why we see sudden surge on price when the projects behind released new wallet softwares. Again, it just a news that could bring hype but unfortunately it won't be a sustainable run.

But as far as bitcoin wallet goes, I don't think there's no correlation. Electrum just release their 4.0.1 upgrades with support for Lightning, but it didn't have a dent on the price. Perhaps correlation as just for the altcoin market alone.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 09:13:46 PM

Well, there is a correlation between major upgrades and attention, not price. Of course, most of the time the major upgrades and news means good things and that attention is good attention and people do end up buying. However there could be ones not liked by the people and that could end up meaning that people will sell their coins as well.

Yes, selling would cause drop so yes that is price as well. It means there is 99% chance that any major upgrades on any coin could potentially mean that the price will change too, there is definitely a correlation. I would say it is not right on the day though, it is a bit before or a bit later that changes the prices, which is why I think it is quite risky to make a move since you do not know if it will be a downward thing or an upward thing.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 628

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 09:52:15 PM

I think there could be some correlation but its not a good indication though. We all know that crypto market is based on news, and maybe this is the main reason why we see sudden surge on price when the projects behind released new wallet softwares. Again, it just a news that could bring hype but unfortunately it won't be a sustainable run.

But as far as bitcoin wallet goes, I don't think there's no correlation. Electrum just release their 4.0.1 upgrades with support for Lightning, but it didn't have a dent on the price. Perhaps correlation as just for the altcoin market alone.

Bitcoin market wont just easily react into that recent Electrum upgrade basing of that there were several wallets if we do talk in Bitcoin storage unlike on alts which do have only their own wallet based on platform.
I agree that this market is highly reactive when it comes to news or some sort which it isnt really bad for a trader or investor to consider on making out steps in the times like these.Its up to your choice though if you decide
to get in when possible news is coming out neither it would dump the price or would most likely to hype or would just standstill. Its a matter of choice for you to take on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1872

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 06:10:32 AM

Historically, LTC followed bitcoin in every ups and downs, but with the major developments that got bitcoin, Litecoin remained the same which led to a significant decline in its price and became unable to catch up with bitcoin.
Nevertheless, LTC remains among the top ten currencies in the market and I think its price will improve significantly until the end of the year 2020 based on expectations and developments that will happen on Litecoin.
Here there is a good study on the history of LTC as well as price predictions until the end of the year:
https://capital.com/litecoin-price-prediction-2020

MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 09:46:20 AM

There is no correlation between the price and the major wallet upgrade, if BSV, RDD, ADA or other coins the price surged when the major wallet upgrades.
It was just a coincidence, prices surged when the demand for coins increased. Then related to LTC without big upgrade events namely privacy integration,
I still believe that LTC prices will surge. Because LTC is indeed a very good potential coin for short-term or long-term investments.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 12:06:47 PM

As far as "connections" goes in these kind of events you will only have hype backing it with people speculating that the price will go up because of that particular event. But if we are talking about real demand for the crypto pumping it, you won't really expect this to be the reason why. I don't see how people or the demand for that crypto will increase just because their wallet got upgraded if only we have enough number of people in the crypto industry and the volume of transactions prove it than your connection will be convincing but as of the moment it is not the case.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 02:12:45 PM

Is there a correlation or just coincidence? I doubt that this reflects a correlation between wallet upgrade releases and coin price change, even if there is a tiny correlation that is not significant enough to be trusted. The reason for this is that traders and others heavily involved in the market don't really use wallets, they instead use exchanges. The pumps seen cannot be as a result of wallet upgrades, as only holders really use wallets.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Quidat

Activity: 2576
Merit: 539

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 07:05:29 PM

Is there a correlation or just coincidence? I doubt that this reflects a correlation between wallet upgrade releases and coin price change, even if there is a tiny correlation that is not significant enough to be trusted. The reason for this is that traders and others heavily involved in the market don't really use wallets, they instead use exchanges. The pumps seen cannot be as a result of wallet upgrades, as only holders really use wallets.

It doesnt directly particularly talk about wallet usage but it do talks about on the news that was given out on such update.We know that market is highly reactive with news thats why traders/investors are
really looking out for these kind of information that pop out and presume that it will really give significant punch or reason for the price to move or dump.After all the years we've been here on this market
we can really able to say so that even just price speculations or shill out from popular person online can possibly hype the price or even spread up some Fud.Its up all to the supporters if they would
buy it or just simply ignore it thats why we cant see anytime that these calls are effective.

LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 08:45:10 PM

Every project now is doing the same, if they have something coming up they are trying to hype it, any update like mainnet, forks, wallet update, etc. Most of the time many people will ride on the news update, I guess that is the cause why projects surge temporarily but it only happens on projects with a good reputation already. I have seen not well-known projects doing an update it has no effect at all just like nothing happened.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 08:47:08 PM

We can't disclose that chance also to be of a coincidence that it happens to BSV, Reddcoin, and Cardano. And all of these things will give us a hint to think that it also be of the same chance to look at if there is another wallet upgrade just like for LTC. It was in the market demand and hypes pushes their price to move as we obviously see but could be of something it helps the case of wallet upgrade.

I have this reference Factors that can influence the price to make clear how the price change and it was to mention about software upgrade. Well, that is possible to happen.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 04:20:15 PM

~~

well, about it, it depend how that event make a attraction to the whales. u know,even LTC halving still make low attraction to the investor,almost 1 year after halving and still doesn't give a positive impact,on another perpective, i just think LTC following bitcoin movement,so whatever they created a major event,it won't change anything if the btc is still the same.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀