Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:27:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Always look at the coins MAX supply  (Read 1034 times)
CryptoYar

Activity: 1064
Merit: 635

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 05:00:17 PM

I think there is no issue of total supply, in fact, any project should have a use case, it is more important, in my opinion.
If the supply is less and there is no buyer, then the project will decease soon. It is better to see the use of tokens instead of token supply.

Off-topic: Nowadays, many projects are not for long term hold, sell quickly when you are getting some profit. I have suffered a lot due to this mistake, I hope this will not happen to you guys.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2020, 05:02:39 PM

I don't care too much about the total supply of the project. I am only interested in project and team products. If they have a good project and a good product, I believe the price will keep going up and be valid in the future. But if the project is poor quality and scam then it will quickly die and the investor will lose money

Obviously the first priority for any investor is going to be the project team and idea. But then, the exchange rate would depend a lot on the circulating supply. It is simple mathematics. A particular token with annual additional supply of 1 million would command a better exchange rate when compared to someone with an annual supply of 100 million.
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 05:08:20 PM

I don't care too much about the total supply of the project. I am only interested in project and team products. If they have a good project and a good product, I believe the price will keep going up and be valid in the future. But if the project is poor quality and scam then it will quickly die and the investor will lose money

Obviously the first priority for any investor is going to be the project team and idea. But then, the exchange rate would depend a lot on the circulating supply. It is simple mathematics. A particular token with annual additional supply of 1 million would command a better exchange rate when compared to someone with an annual supply of 100 million.
The low supply only makes its price higher than the projects with large supply, I always prefer to choose the projects with large supply because its price is cheap and can easily be pumped up.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 06:27:56 PM

I think the project with small supply is not different from the project with large supply. It cannot be asserted that a one million-cent supply project would be easier to raise than a ten-million project.
If a project wants to add value it needs to have many factors, which are product quality, professional development team and project promotion.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1849

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2020, 06:50:29 PM

Of course Max Supply for any coin is very important and the less the better, but it does not have to be a good coin if its Max Supply is few, the demand for the coin is the most important.
I remember that I bought a long time ago a token named MAC and Max Supply was a little and I expected that the price will rise a lot, but the opposite happened, its price fell very significantly because the demand for it is very little and it was listed in the exchange of weak volume.

umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 06:52:32 PM

I think the project with small supply is not different from the project with large supply. It cannot be asserted that a one million-cent supply project would be easier to raise than a ten-million project.
If a project wants to add value it needs to have many factors, which are product quality, professional development team and project promotion.
Just like what you said, the project needs to do more to raise prices. The supply does not affect too much of the project, it only determines whether the price of the token is high or low in this market

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 07:32:58 PM

So there's 6000+ coins out there. Look at the max supply. A coin with a large max supply and rapid emission of new coins will most likely never surge in value. This is because the worlds total capital is divided with so many optional coins. The larger the supply, the more capital it needs to spike in value. Even Bitcoin with a max supply of only 21 million needed massive amount of capital to get where it is now. So any coin with double that, will need the double amount of capital to get to the same place. So with so many options out there if you want good value pump. Look for something with max supply of only like 1 million. (which of course needs to have a utility too to stay in growing demand)
Max supply is not the only thing to look out for, I believe max supply shouldn't be a problem of the project if its well crafted and useful, look how valuable Ripple is today, it has a massive max supply and still this doesn't drag it down
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 07:34:29 PM

If the total max supply of a particular coin is very high, and the demand at the other hand is not competitive in the market, there will be some difficulties with those who are investors, and big investors as a case study. Hunters will dump and take whatever comes out from it, while investors face the loss or hold waiting for the price to rise and dump killing that coin. I think there used to be burning of coins when softcap is not reached, it should be added to hardcap too, to grow the project and make good price in the market too.
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 11:12:57 PM

The low supply only makes its price higher than the projects with large supply, I always prefer to choose the projects with large supply because its price is cheap and can easily be pumped up.
It's not. The valuation for each coin still depends on the product that has already made by the team. Have you seen that even the project with a lot of supply can have a better price than the project that issued a low supply? i guess you can even find some in the market.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 11:26:49 PM

So you are saying that all coins/tokens with small supply will have a huge value cause its easy to insert capital funds on it? Whether its small or big supply as long as the demand is high this is nothing. A coin will surge no matter what its supply. Take a look on xrp, the supply is so huge but it still able to be considered as big marketcap not mentioning the infinitie supply of eth? Its all about the law of demand and supply. Actually you have a point but not all will believe thats this is the only reason for a coin to increase its value.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it's more likely because the liquidity required for them to perform like that is much smaller. Of course they also need an actual utility to make sense and to be interesting.
Both all of them have a chance to surge and you are right, most coins that have a huge maximum market supply never been seeing it increase their price but just it keeps low. However, isn't only the measurement and basis if that particular project/coin will likely have a better future or the demand will increase but it is all about how this project/coin will show market potentials.

Its all been in a competition, investors will choose project/coin that seemingly shows the potentiality and gives them the interest. If that is never been noticed by them, it is either has a huge and small market supply, there is no way to see it will grow but it remains devalued.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 11:35:17 PM

It's not. The valuation for each coin still depends on the product that has already made by the team. Have you seen that even the project with a lot of supply can have a better price than the project that issued a low supply? i guess you can even find some in the market.

I am more on this perspective rather than checking the max supply.
If you have no practical use case even if you have very low supply, your project will not going to take off.
So it is important to have real project and active users for your project to thrive.
Those with huge supply but with real application in the market will survive and has the potential to increase its value over time.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 11:37:21 PM

A coin with a large max supply and rapid emission of new coins will most likely never surge in value.

That's wrong, I've seen a lot of coins in the past that surge its value, here are some of the coins.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xrp/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/holo/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tron/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pundi-x/

These are just some,, there's still a lot I did not include anymore since this is just an example, so it proves that the supply is not a hindrance for the success of the project if the team is doing their job to develop the project, in addition, we have to understand that there's always a timing for everything, as of now the market is not bullish but in the long run I believe it will be.

htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 11:40:44 PM

So there's 6000+ coins out there. Look at the max supply. A coin with a large max supply and rapid emission of new coins will most likely never surge in value. This is because the worlds total capital is divided with so many optional coins. The larger the supply, the more capital it needs to spike in value. Even Bitcoin with a max supply of only 21 million needed massive amount of capital to get where it is now. So any coin with double that, will need the double amount of capital to get to the same place. So with so many options out there if you want good value pump. Look for something with max supply of only like 1 million. (which of course needs to have a utility too to stay in growing demand)

I think it's all boils down to the product development and the demand the coin can gather, most of the major top 10 projects have massive token supply and they are doing pretty job in maintaining their token price. likewise, I've seen multiple project that goes with option of low token supply and they are doing bad job in maintaining a good stable price
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 11:48:34 PM

That's true speculating with looking at supply is a bit too much, I mean if the coin has good promises and project has some good aspects it will pump up for sure. Get what you can I've seen good projects do well not just regarding the price but compromising their road maps too. If the team really cares about their project I am pretty sure their coin will have a good value on the market.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

FreeStreamer (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 11:40:02 AM
Merited by Slow death (1)

That's true speculating with looking at supply is a bit too much, I mean if the coin has good promises and project has some good aspects it will pump up for sure. Get what you can I've seen good projects do well not just regarding the price but compromising their road maps too. If the team really cares about their project I am pretty sure their coin will have a good value on the market.

It will not pump up for sure. A very large max supply or an infinite supply is set so that the coin price can be kept stable. Some coins are designed as stablecoins and they will never pump and spike. You recognize these coins by the very high or infinite max supply.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 11:42:53 AM

A coin with a large max supply and rapid emission of new coins will most likely never surge in value.

That's wrong, I've seen a lot of coins in the past that surge its value, here are some of the coins.

These are just some,, there's still a lot I did not include anymore since this is just an example, so it proves that the supply is not a hindrance for the success of the project if the team is doing their job to develop the project, in addition, we have to understand that there's always a timing for everything, as of now the market is not bullish but in the long run I believe it will be.
A great proof, and it means it all depends on the quality of the project. If the project is good and there is a product, the price will definitely increase and the total supply cannot determine the success or failure of the project.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
FreeStreamer (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 01:41:22 PM

A great proof, and it means it all depends on the quality of the project. If the project is good and there is a product, the price will definitely increase and the total supply cannot determine the success or failure of the project.

Yes it does not determine the success of the project, It determines if there is any Return of Investment. It be technically a super success as a stablecoin but it just does't effect the price because the price is designed to be stable.
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 01:47:14 PM

I am not too concerned about the total supply of the project. I only care about their current circulation tokens and their token unlock schedule. In addition, I also prioritize projects that have products and have a large support community. Those are the factors that determine the price of altcoin

mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 02:51:56 PM

This is also one factor to look at when joining bounties of Alternate Coins. Looking at the maximum supply of Coins will really help you determine on how would the platform work and how would you gain extra coins to make profit from it. Infinite supply of coins are applicable to alternate coins that are able to be mined and has a stable value or even startups can do that but they must make sure that their platform would not fail.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 03:14:28 PM

Total supply doesn't matter when it has a useful product. You can see how CRO was going crazy caused by it has already developed a very good product and it has its own exchange site too.
Multi billion supply and high marketcap and it have proven if a product is much more important.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: