Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CARBONCOIN: The Completely Carbon Neutral Cryptocurrency  (Read 76004 times)
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 07:52:04 AM

Added for voting at c-cex.com exchange: https://c-cex.com/index.html?id=vote

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarkDansie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:31:39 PM

I just wanted to clear something up

You criticized me for alerting others there was something wrong with Cryptorush. These are your own words
"It is online? Of course nothing has happened to the coin itself. Do you understand how damaging it is having an open question such as this left here for any length of time? Perhaps worth contacting me with a private message for such questions in the future. The network and coin are fine."

The you follow up with
"I am very sorry if you have suffered a BTC loss. I myself managed to most of my altcoins off there yesterday and today, and never held any BTC there. I dont think your CARB are in any danger. I have had access intermittantly today, but now looks like they are upgrading so might be a while before they are back up again."

To me this is highly irregular and unethical to be attacking those who were trying to alert others of any potential problems, yet your are secretly draining your accounts there. WTF

We are all supportive of your efforts, but you are not the school teacher telling a class full of student what to do.
You also have not answered fully my question that the land owner will most likely be eligible to claim carbon credits or money for all the trees we are paying to plant through donations. So he gets the trees planted fro free and keeps all the income. Should a proportion of that income be used to plant more trees or support Carbon Coin itself.

Like I said many of are supportive of what you are doing, however act with a bit of maturity and most of all transparency.

Kind Regards
mark Dansie (my real name)
axismundi (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:12:36 PM

I just wanted to clear something up

You criticized me for alerting others there was something wrong with Cryptorush. These are your own words
"It is online? Of course nothing has happened to the coin itself. Do you understand how damaging it is having an open question such as this left here for any length of time? Perhaps worth contacting me with a private message for such questions in the future. The network and coin are fine."

The you follow up with
"I am very sorry if you have suffered a BTC loss. I myself managed to most of my altcoins off there yesterday and today, and never held any BTC there. I dont think your CARB are in any danger. I have had access intermittantly today, but now looks like they are upgrading so might be a while before they are back up again."

To me this is highly irregular and unethical to be attacking those who were trying to alert others of any potential problems, yet your are secretly draining your accounts there. WTF

We are all supportive of your efforts, but you are not the school teacher telling a class full of student what to do.
You also have not answered fully my question that the land owner will most likely be eligible to claim carbon credits or money for all the trees we are paying to plant through donations. So he gets the trees planted fro free and keeps all the income. Should a proportion of that income be used to plant more trees or support Carbon Coin itself.

Like I said many of are supportive of what you are doing, however act with a bit of maturity and most of all transparency.

Kind Regards
mark Dansie (my real name)

Yeah thanks for this. If my response verges on rude at any point please excuse me, these accusations have actually got under my skin.

I am working full time at this to actually try to turn it into something, and someone fecklessly banding questions about whether or not the coin is still functional on the grounds that an exchange is having difficulties, is not something that I am prepared to entertain.

It is a quantum leap to jump from an exchange issue to a coin issue, and the community needed to be put right on what you had said while at the height of worrying about loss, which I am fully aware is a painful experience.

Well done for alerting people to the problems with our then only exchange, which were very public. You'd have thought anyone in the community wishing to access their account on cryptorush might have noticed that they couldn't log on. Our twitter campaign managed to get a new exchange very recently, thank you for all of your help with that.

You are now able to get back online on Cryptorush by the looks of things and remove your coins if you wish. You were responding to hype and in so doing damaging my work, and that of the rest of the community who actually contribute. I was completely within my rights to respond the way that I did, as you would be to defend yourself if you had acted with sense.

You will notice that lots of developers on this forum use pseudonyms, this is nothing new. This particular message is not supportive of my efforts in any way. You could have spent the time trying to achieve something material for the community. If I choose to remain anonymous here that is my business. You could be lying about your "real" name, just so you know.

I have had to handle some pretty massive objections and accusations on this thread (many of which have fallen silent once they realised the truth was on my side) since I launched with the carbon offsetting campaign (and was taken pretty close to giving up by these at times).

I reduced my holdings at Cryptorush because the exchange was in difficulty, I perceived risk and acted sensibly, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Incidentally I perceived no threat to carboncoin so left those pretty much as is.

What possible advantage do you think I could have gained by attempting to stop others from withdrawing their funds? At the time I posted "It is online?", it was online. If you interpret that as explicit advice to keep your funds there, and then accuse me of some ill-considered not-even-possible foul play for personal gain then frankly you should GFY (? - not really up on my acronyms), or failing that you might apologise. To think I was actually genuinely sympathetic about your possible loss...

Now with regards to your actual question: we are not double counting our carbon offset (claiming offset against more than one scheme at a time), which would be lying and not to mention bad for the environment, which my objective here is to try to help. The 2300 tress we have devoted to offsetting Carboncoin are devoted to that and nothing else, for that matter not one member of the community has actually expressed any gratitude for that investment.

We are not claiming carbon credits back for our own independent carbon offsetting project, we will be offering carbon offsetting as a service and having nothing to do with the existing channels, neither do we want any. I have no interest in contributing to the projects of the establishment, I am very happy to leave them to it and wish them every success.

The landowners get the trees planted on condition that the forestry is maintained as permanent, and we neither have to pay to purchase the land, nor for the planning already exists - a major advantage in terms of both time and money. I have disclosed the whereabouts of the site, I have disclosed the complete cost to planting of a sapling, including the necessary care they require and all things like grow tubes etc. This offsetting project is coming in significantly cheaper than other carbon offsetting schemes because, besides other things, there are no middlemen.

I am taking crypto donations all the proceeds of which will be going to planting saplings. Some forestry commissions will offer sponsorship to forestry projects, and every step will be taken to ensure that any such schemes directly enable us to plant more trees. I will be broadcasting how many trees we manage to plant with the funding far and wide - the higher this number the happier I will be. My immediate objective is planting enough trees to offset the whole of cryptocurrencies, after that any excess funds will be used to support other projects to directly help the planet and the atmosphere.

Transparency is my absolute goal as I have stated several times.

I am not trying to be the school teacher telling everyone what to do. However I have led, and am leading the efforts with this coin and if you want to help, great; if not, then you know what to do.

There are people actually participating in things like writing to exchanges and the like, there are people helping with websites, there are people retweeting things on twitter - this is adding material value to what we are doing. The only thing the above message has achieved is making me late for the first social engagement I have been able to attend for a substantial amount of time, because of working on Carboncoin of all things.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:22:06 PM

Added for voting at c-cex.com exchange: https://c-cex.com/index.html?id=vote

Thank you! Do you have to pay to be listed or is there another way?

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:24:48 PM

The 2300 tress we have devoted to offsetting Carboncoin are devoted to that and nothing else, for that matter not one member of the community has actually expressed any gratitude for that investment.

I disagree. Just look back at page 3, specifically post 11 on that page.  Wink

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:39:44 PM

The 2300 tress we have devoted to offsetting Carboncoin are devoted to that and nothing else, for that matter not one member of the community has actually expressed any gratitude for that investment.

I disagree. Just look back at page 3, specifically post 11 on that page.  Wink

Ha thanks Steve, Ning, Zeb etc Smiley I stand corrected. I was talking about specifically the planted trees though. In terms of conventional offset this is worth a small fortune. Hope everyone has an enjoyable Saturday night!

MarkDansie

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:39:02 PM

Ok
Cryptorush is back up, but I am unable to withdraw BTC. i think I will be able to convert that into anotehr coin and withdraw that.
Thanks you for answering my other questions. I respect and am supportive of your efforts that never changed, I am expressing my opinion just like you express yours.
I appreciate you have the English and USA tree planting projects, which should continue as projects in their own right.
However the following link will show how a government audited program in the Philippines can get 8 tree planted for $1 (usd). That equates to nearly 20 trees for every one being planted in the UK. (I am happy to be corrected if my maths is wrong)

This also assists poor rural communities to receive some income and employment. The trees also grow fast in the tropics.

It would be easy to join one of many programs in Asia and get at least 10x more trees planted for the same expenditure.

http://www.philstar.com:8080/nation/2013/04/24/934392/dar-launches-tree-planting-drive

Kind Regards
Mark

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:06:47 PM

Lets all try and stop fighting amongst ourselves and focus on advancing carboncoin and getting its message out far and wide!! Axismundi your efforts are much appreciated, you have turned this coin around and are doing an outstanding job!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:20:55 PM

Dev,

Sorry I dont have a lot of time to keep up with this thread more often. I like the idea you have for this coin very much. I will keep up with this thread more often from now on.

Im sure it was very stressful to hear that this project lacked the perception of credibility at first, when you knew yourself that the project was genuine. It shows a lot to all of us that you took these concerns seriously, and made meaning efforts to prove that this project was legitimate. Two thumbs up here!!

Now, I cant stress the importance of getting this coin out of cryptorush quickly. This in my opinion is a very big deal. People keep saying to leave that exchange for a reason. I would listen to them with the patience and understanding you had with previous issues.

From what I understand you are on coinedup, (I didnt personally check), and I'm sure you are trying to be listed on multiple exchanges and don't want to feel like you are going backwards by getting rid of one, but this would be a positive step in the right direction, not a step back.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:51:29 PM

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:12:54 PM

That's cool! And very true that people these days are so worried about their internet connections, but completely take for granted that we need oxygen to live.

YourMine.org

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:22:44 PM

Yourmine Carboncoin Pool Now Open!

JOIN HERE!

seoanalyzer

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:29:05 PM

Hi, Sell 4,781,901 carbon for 0,04781 btc, pm.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:46:58 PM

Did Axismundi take over carboncoin from whoever the original dev was? Sorry I just want to be clear on what happened, I just got directed to this thread via the post at the end of the old one.
Evgen348

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:51:02 PM

Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

Did Axismundi take over carboncoin from whoever the original dev was? Sorry I just want to be clear on what happened, I just got directed to this thread via the post at the end of the old one.

Looks like a re-launch under new dev.

The original dev hasn't been around in quite a while in the original thread.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:09:23 PM

I keep seeing this for various coins... how exactly does it work? Are they essentially just performing a hostile takeover of the coin? What happens if the original dev comes back out of no where and disputes the new dev's right to take it over?

Also, does this mean that the coins already mined/bought will become invalid?
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:30:53 PM

I keep seeing this for various coins... how exactly does it work? Are they essentially just performing a hostile takeover of the coin? What happens if the original dev comes back out of no where and disputes the new dev's right to take it over?

It's not likely to happen. The original dev abandoned the project about a week after its launch, and hasn't been heard from since. Even if, say, the coin rises to 100 satoshi, and the original dev comes back and tries to reclaim it, I am sure that the community will stand behind AM since he has done far more for the coin than the original dev did.

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 06:14:02 PM

It's not likely to happen. The original dev abandoned the project about a week after its launch, and hasn't been heard from since. Even if, say, the coin rises to 100 satoshi, and the original dev comes back and tries to reclaim it, I am sure that the community will stand behind AM since he has done far more for the coin than the original dev did.

Nope not just not likely, impossible. There has been no fork of the currency, it is still as it was when the dev released it (as a dev you have no control over your coin after release really) so nothing hostile at all and all coins mined are totally valid until we get a hard fork of the currency when I will have to push a new version of the client taking into account the fork with the highest hashrate, as is basically standard practice. CARB is still CARB as you know it, it is just we are doing something good with it.

(Please feel free to donate by the way - taking donations both for the carboncoin forest project and much needed bounties for other development - speaking of which we now have a mac wallet compiled which works up to osx 10.8 but not for 10.9 and beyond - still working on it). If you want to help out with any donations for websites etc please pm me, it makes things like better websites, android wallets etc happen MUCH faster. Otherwise the carboncoin forest project donation addresses are published above. Please PM me with transaction ID's to have names added to honour roll, donor leaderboard as appropriate. If anyone has any development experience at all and wants to help out please also get in touch.

As I have said if the old dev turns up then fantastic - I need help with lots of things! In that event he owes most of the premine promised for bounties, but at this stage i think the likelihood is that premine was released back into the market and we aren't going to hear from him. I hope I am proved wrong.

Thanks

AM

axismundi (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 06:19:37 PM

Hope the above answers your questions. Also further to the above even if the Carbonchain becomes forked all coins mined before the fork are still safe - don't want to be worrying anyone. It's just the coins after the fork which will not all be valid. To reiterate - no forks yet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: