Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTK] Stonebook: Secure Notebook for crypto  (Read 358 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3631

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 07:21:00 AM

I always look for new ways to back up my Recovery Phrases/wallet seeds. There are a lot of solutions but Stonebook surprised me, does anyone try it?

Some of the features mentioned on the site:

- 80-page Stone Paper notebook.
 - work with any Ballpoint pen type.
 - Virtually indestructible*.
 - Ghost Pen Ink for maximum security

Source ---> https://shieldfolio.com/

]

Things look pretty, every detail is perfect. Did anyone try this tool? Thinking about buying it, the price looks good

* I have seen some videos, the paper is hard and not easy to cut, waterproof, but unfortunately it is not fire-resistant.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3416

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 02:27:31 PM

- Ghost Pen Ink for maximum security
~Snipped~
Thinking about buying it, the price looks good
In case you and anybody else is also after the pen, I found the following warning while opening the "GHOST PEN SPECS" from "Stonebook's" product page [there's also a warning in the pen page itself but it has a shorter explanation]:

⚠ California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning:
This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Another issue that's worth mentioning since Stonebook is currently on sale:

Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.

* I have seen some videos, the paper is hard and not easy to cut, waterproof, but unfortunately it is not fire-resistant.
According to the following highlighted part, I wonder what are the exceptions?

Tested to be water & oil resistant & repels most liquids

Did anyone try this tool?
Not yet but found an interesting review [constructive criticism]:

Maybe make the pages a bit thicker? So that ink wouldn’t flow thru? That is definitely an issue with the product. Saying to leave a page while writing is not a solution. Maybe lower the price of the book a bit coz a page is wasted each time words are written?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Breadyfreddy

Activity: 19
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 08:45:39 AM
Merited by hugeblack (3)

Hey guys, it’s great to see the first Stonebook thread on bitcointalk.
It’s an interesting notebook, definitely the first of its kind in the crypto space.

I remember sometime last year, I lost my Private key because of poor key management practices. I found out my Girl threw them to the trash 🤦‍♂️. I can’t blame her, it was written on a torn paper and looked like alphanumeric jibberish to any ordinary person. So after this, I decided to purchase a notebook. I was constantly writing and using this thing daily. I noticed pages were getting flimsy and tearing, water and coffee stains forced me to tear out a couple pages, I wasn’t comftorable keeping all my seed phrases in this thing, and I had plenty.

So, because I’ve experienced all these problems, I figured others might have as well. That’s why I founded Shieldfolio and created the Stonebook, so other crypto users don’t lose their digital fortune similar to myself.
It was the best 6 months of isolation creating this, I really tested myself,  I had to make sure this wasn’t an ordinary notebook, it had to be crafted the best for any Hodler.

I can answer some of these thread questions.

👻 Ghost Pen
- For legal specs I have to place the prop 65 warning label because I’m in California. Some permanent markers like sharpie have the same warning labels. Just don’t write on your self or sniff the marker and you should be okay.
- similar time a sharpie, the ink bleeds through the next page, so I suggest you write on every other page when using the ghost pen.

⚠️ Chemical acceptions
- so far I’ve tested that it’s resistant to oil, coffee, house paint(if not dried), and bleach. I have yet to test more. But if for any reason the ink comes off, you can always flip the page and glide a black crayon to reveal the writing. When you write in this book your also indenting similar to carving, on the stone paper. Great secondary backup option 👍🏼.

The Stonebook is not fireproof, so I recommend you place it in a fireproof safe if your looking for a long term storage option.

hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3631

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2020, 10:58:24 AM

So, because I’ve experienced all these problems, I figured others might have as well. That’s why I founded Shieldfolio and created the Stonebook, so other crypto users don’t lose their digital fortune similar to myself.
Can you prove that you are Shieldfolio/Stonebook founder? Or anything that officially supports your words?
If you can, I suggest that you create an advertisement (ANN topic,) it is free and will help you in promoting your product.

I noticed your product on Reddit, I always have a problem that the papers are torn or the ink becomes of lower quality when it comes store wallet seeds.
There are some solutions that are based on materials such as titanium metal and others, but I prefer paper solutions.

The Stonebook is not fireproof, so I recommend you place it in a fireproof safe if your looking for a long term storage option

Why not combine the two solutions together, meaning that there is a titanium sheet cover or have a dedicated fireproof box with the password.

Good luck, I wish more development for this project and maybe buy it later this year. Cheesy

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Breadyfreddy

Activity: 19
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 10:55:12 PM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

Yes, well I did post this last year when I was grinding the Stonebook out of creation. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4453897.320
Was wanting to get feedback on the Shieldcrypt method, haha, I fixed the method a bit since then.

I post on reddit weekly just to get the product in front of people looking for a simpler way to store their seed phrases. Regarding the titanium plate cover, it will help with outside protection but unfortunately not in a fire.
 I'm currently working on a Multi-layer fireproof bag at the moment, that can withstand the heat comparable to metal plates. I have a prototype finished that will be testing soon. Just to let you know Ive tried other bags but found out theyre not safe in a direct fire situation. It's crazy how these bags get sold on amazon, with people thinking their safe, but in reality they're not. Here is a video on a test I made.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3J9XEC8SZ3ZGH?ref=va_cr_lb

What is an advertisement in ANN topic? I'm not too active on bitcointalk.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2203

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2020, 11:28:25 PM

Yes, well I did post this last year when I was grinding the Stonebook out of creation. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4453897.320
Was wanting to get feedback on the Shieldcrypt method, haha, I fixed the method a bit since then.

I post on reddit weekly just to get the product in front of people looking for a simpler way to store their seed phrases. Regarding the titanium plate cover, it will help with outside protection but unfortunately not in a fire.
 I'm currently working on a Multi-layer fireproof bag at the moment, that can withstand the heat comparable to metal plates. I have a prototype finished that will be testing soon. Just to let you know Ive tried other bags but found out theyre not safe in a direct fire situation. It's crazy how these bags get sold on amazon, with people thinking their safe, but in reality they're not. Here is a video on a test I made.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3J9XEC8SZ3ZGH?ref=va_cr_lb

What is an advertisement in ANN topic? I'm not too active on bitcointalk.

I plan on getting one of those books soon - if you are working on a bag, I will hold off and get them together - looking forward to it. not for me but for the wife in case I meet an untimely demise lol I dont want it all to be lost lol.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: