Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] auction website building service with custom script writing  (Read 127 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HardyGoodsLtd (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 06:27:22 PM

hiya all, thanks for looking, I have a problem creating a website idea and not getting a "clear" response, please read this in full as I will try and explain.

I want an auction website like onbuy.com/ebay sounds simple yes! well i am no tech person but even I can download wordpress or PHP and pay $50 for auction script, and do the whole thing in a few hours, (not including graphics and write-ups) but I want to implement a points based system where people pre purchase points and spend them in creating listings and auctions in a point per price range, so there are no ending/final valuation fees.

sounds interesting right? can someone explain to me why everyone wants 5k-14k for writing a point script? everyone being places like freelancer and other reputable business in my area, it was not a sarcastic question, I genuinely dont understand it, is this valid and just? please educate me.

so basically, this is what I want, if you have some education and some rep, or willing to have funds held in escrow and you can do a point based script cheeper for BTC let me know, either just the point thing or the whole shabang.

I have not yet installed a platform as I did not know what platform to use, and I know installing one and getting it just the way I want it, the whole web will say" would have been alot easier on a different platform" lol

I feal I have heard all the fishing phrases, before contacting me, dont just say, "hay boss, I will do it, here is my discord", talk to me and let me know you have genuinely thought about what I need, even if its advice on best platform to use for what I want.

thanks for reading, interested in responses if any.
HGL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3148

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 10:27:55 PM

sounds interesting right? can someone explain to me why everyone wants 5k-14k for writing a point script? everyone being places like freelancer and other reputable business in my area, it was not a sarcastic question, I genuinely dont understand it, is this valid and just? please educate me.

probably because it is such an assessment as much skill and time as needed to write an application which you want. Auction service is not just a script, there is a lot of stuff there, probably it is not a job for only one person.
in the end, if simple you would be able to finish with WP and auction plugin by now for just $50, but even the implementation of a ready-made solution costs.
if you are already looking for someone to hire for it, my recommendation is to find someone for a longer period because is impossible to make such an app in a just a month or two. There you need to have a test period and implementation of new features, also you must have regular maintenance, so you need to have someone with technical skills in your team.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HardyGoodsLtd (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 09:47:39 AM

probably because it is such an assessment as much skill and time as needed to write an application which you want. Auction service is not just a script, there is a lot of stuff there, probably it is not a job for only one person.
in the end, if simple you would be able to finish with WP and auction plugin by now for just $50, but even the implementation of a ready-made solution costs.
if you are already looking for someone to hire for it, my recommendation is to find someone for a longer period because is impossible to make such an app in a just a month or two. There you need to have a test period and implementation of new features, also you must have regular maintenance, so you need to have someone with technical skills in your team.

thanks for writing, after what you said and further thought I do understand a pro website designer will cost for quality, as most basic one page ecommerce can cost 1k, but doing it for free wont look and feel the same, I understand that, I also have further thought that the people charging alot are NOT using basic platforms and creating it from the ground up, This would justify such a cost, But not what I am after, I only want to corner my little part of the world, As a result of this thread I hope to be chatting to someone who can do a basic platform with the mods I require for less and hopefully have a ongoing working relationship, I have a little team my side but no one too technical, So testing and stressing the site wont be a problem.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3148

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2020, 12:06:02 PM

... I have a little team my side but no one too technical, So testing and stressing the site wont be a problem.

Just because of that, you can test but who will fix bugs if you find it (and it certainly will be). plus, you will most likely not find all bugs after a few days of tests.
Think about my suggestion, hire someone in a long-term contract to build your platform from scratch, and to stay with it to upgrade and fixing possible bugs. it could be more cost-effective than to hire an agency to finish this job in two weeks. by the end, you may be able to monetize your service, and you will have the first worker with a full-time job.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HardyGoodsLtd (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 03:31:43 PM

... I have a little team my side but no one too technical, So testing and stressing the site wont be a problem.

Just because of that, you can test but who will fix bugs if you find it (and it certainly will be). plus, you will most likely not find all bugs after a few days of tests.
Think about my suggestion, hire someone in a long-term contract to build your platform from scratch, and to stay with it to upgrade and fixing possible bugs. it could be more cost-effective than to hire an agency to finish this job in two weeks. by the end, you may be able to monetize your service, and you will have the first worker with a full-time job.

awesome, thanks for the info, and I do agree with you, time was not an issue here, I was not trying to set up in a short time.

thanks all for the PM's too, I have enough info for now and I have a worker lined up, so this thread and forum has been great.

consider closed for now, I will reopen if I need more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: