Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Doubt] Pending Ethereum transaction  (Read 77 times)
akhjob (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2020, 05:26:44 PM

A few days back, a friend of mine made a transaction via Metamask with a lesser gas price. But the transaction didn't go through, so he made another transaction after checking ethgasstation with a higher fee. But that transaction also ended up as pending.

When I checked the issue, I found that the transaction #14 was dropped.

But the transaction #15 doesn't show up on etherscan.

When I checked the wallet address, the funds are still available in the wallet. Currently, he is not in a hurry to move the funds, so what should I advise him to do? Should I ask him to leave it be as the transaction has been dropped?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 06:00:27 PM
Merited by akhjob (1)

Try to find it in another eth explorer like ethplorer or etherchain.

When I checked the wallet address, the funds are still available in the wallet. Currently, he is not in a hurry to move the funds, so what should I advise him to do? Should I ask him to leave it be as the transaction has been dropped?
If your friend is not in a hurry to use the funds, it's better to wait until it gets dropped.
However, there is always the possibility to cancel or replace the transaction.
Canceling : Send a new transaction with 0 eth to a new address with the same nonce and a higher fee.
Replacing : Send a new transaction with (x) eth to a new address with a higher fee.
It's always recommended to use Canceling over Replacing because there is no garantees that the second transaction will replace the first transaction. The first transaction could still be mined and invalidate the second one. Check this link for better understanding : Checking or Replacing a Transaction After it’s Been Sent.
Kopetunto

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 06:28:50 PM

same as what happened to me, but I have resolved, because I added GAS, and transactions can occur,
if your GAS is low, then pending will occur

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Fluttershy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 06:50:27 PM

If he not in hurry then he can wait out for the transaction to get failed but do note sometimes it takes really long for a transaction to be dropped. From the screenshot, I can see he used metamask he can easily cancel or speed up the transaction using metamask. Just click on the transaction number and he will see the option to speed up the transaction or cancel it.

TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 07:00:06 PM

Speaking about ethereum transactions - can someone explain why the transactions cost more than they were half a year or year ago? Devs are making updates, blockchain is developing, but it is getting more expensive to make a transaction or cost more. That doesnt look like a healthy development to me.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Refrumatrix

Activity: 301
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 07:04:18 PM

same as what happened to me, but I have resolved, because I added GAS, and transactions can occur,
I'm currently facing this type of problem with my ethereum wallet, I've sent out transaction for 7 days now and still pending, how will I add GAS to a transaction that's been already sent out? I will be happy if I can get help

akhjob (OP)

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2020, 11:32:54 AM

Was not able to find it in other explorers too. Looks like the transaction #15 didn't go through. Btw, thanks for the guide you shared. But the thing I don't understand is that transaction #14 is already dropped as per etherscan and not found in other explorers but it is also shown as pending in Metamask  Lips sealed

Speaking about ethereum transactions - can someone explain why the transactions cost more than they were half a year or year ago? Devs are making updates, blockchain is developing, but it is getting more expensive to make a transaction or cost more. That doesnt look like a healthy development to me.
When the ethereum network is more congested, the transaction fees automatically increases as the miners prefer the transaction with higher gas. The reason for network congestion could be the growth in usage of Erc20 based Tether and awareness about DEXs and DeFi
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 12:04:49 PM

I'm currently facing this type of problem with my ethereum wallet, I've sent out transaction for 7 days now and still pending, how will I add GAS to a transaction that's been already sent out? I will be happy if I can get help
Some Ethereum transactions is experiencing this issue and for you to stop or increase the transaction fee click on the coin you send if you're using metamask youll see stop, speed up icon. What you'll need to do is select the speedup icon in other for you to stop and increase the transaction fee cause the transaction wont stop if you select the stop icon due to long existence of it. After you increase the Gwei send the transaction again and with the situation of the ETH transaction network the best transaction option are the average/faster option.

Was not able to find it in other explorers too. Looks like the transaction #15 didn't go through. Btw, thanks for the guide you shared. But the thing I don't understand is that transaction #14 is already dropped as per etherscan and not found in other explorers but it is also shown as pending in Metamask  Lips sealed
Restart your computer and if it still shown as pending transaction then there's possibility that its still pending cause i sent a transaction last week which shows as dropped transaction on etherscan but confirmed on Metamask and when i check the wallet i sent it to i saw that it was indeed confirmed.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
coupable

Merit: 757

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 12:33:56 PM

About the dropped transaction #14, did you try to restart the browser who has MetaMask running? Maybe you can also try restart your computer as suggested above.
With the explorers not showing the dropped transaction like etherscan; either the set up their servers not to show dropped transactions, or their servers not yet updated to show this type of transactions yet. May be you can try few time later.
If you don't mind, you can share here the hash of the two transactions and tell what happened with transaction #15 .
akhjob (OP)

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2020, 12:34:04 PM

Was not able to find it in other explorers too. Looks like the transaction #15 didn't go through. Btw, thanks for the guide you shared. But the thing I don't understand is that transaction #14 is already dropped as per etherscan and not found in other explorers but it is also shown as pending in Metamask  Lips sealed
Restart your computer and if it still shown as pending transaction then there's possibility that its still pending cause i sent a transaction last week which shows as dropped transaction on etherscan but confirmed on Metamask and when i check the wallet i sent it to i saw that it was indeed confirmed.
Actually the issue is existing for 4 days now so I don't think restarting the computer has anything to do with this. So if what you claim is true, then I have to ask him to cancel the transaction.

@coupable, Sure if he agrees, I'll share the hashes by tonight.
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 12:49:31 PM

Actually stucked transactions can get resolved if you wait it out or if you leave more Ethereum in your wallet or import your private key into another wallet, I've fixed stucked transactions in my coinomi wallet by importing to trust wallet and trust wallet shows that I haven't send out any

Baoanhbmt

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 01:06:08 PM

On the Ethereum blockchain transactions are being processed sequentially, meaning transaction #14 will be processed before #15 and so forth. It is also not possible to process transactions with the same sequence number. it is not possible to process 14 transactions which have sequence #15, one of them will be dropped. Ethereum transactions are not being processed is that they are not getting picked up by a miner. you need to understand that miners receive the transaction and code-processing fees (gas) for each block of transactions they process, it is part of their reward. If your transaction is not being mined it means that there are enough other transactions on the network that are willing to pay a higher fee to the miner to get processed. This means if the network is very busy the transaction costs will be higher and vice versa.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2020, 01:10:19 PM

I think resending with a higher fee would be the ideal thing to do. I also experienced this when I was transacting my tokens out of my metamask wallet to my ledger nano X. I’m not that familiar with that Ethereum transactions compared to bitcoin transactions, I think it’s quite complicated when you compare the two.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
goaldigger

Merit: 356

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 01:17:34 PM

This is a very rare situation since I also do the transaction even if its at minimum gas I can say that my funds is still coming safe. If there still a problem then better to contact the support of ETH so your friends can confirm that his wallet is still safe from depositing and withdrawing tokens.

Transaction cost is varying depends on how the miners work, if you look at the others coins the transaction fees is moving base on the market situation so we can’t guarantee a more affordable fees when there’s an increase at cost.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 06:00:57 PM

same in my situation.. its i have tried to transfer my fund from fork delta to my metamask but it did not go through because of gas.. I will leave it there until gas goes back to normal,.. until now the gas is very high

hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 06:01:32 PM

Was not able to find it in other explorers too. Looks like the transaction #15 didn't go through. Btw, thanks for the guide you shared. But the thing I don't understand is that transaction #14 is already dropped as per etherscan and not found in other explorers but it is also shown as pending in Metamask  Lips sealed
Actually the issue is existing for 4 days now so I don't think restarting the computer has anything to do with this. So if what you claim is true, then I have to ask him to cancel the transaction.
@coupable, Sure if he agrees, I'll share the hashes by tonight.
I advised the restart of the computer because there are some people which barely turn off their computer but since the issue happened for 4days now stopping the transaction through the steps i once provided is the best option but in the meantime, you can share hash for better insight if he dont mind.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀