Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptcarbon.com is it legit? or am I being scammed?  (Read 199 times)
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 09:22:32 PM

Unfortunately I have been affected by this scam. I am always careful and I do my due diligence about things like this.
When I was contacted about a domain portfolio I was selling on Flippa by someone who claimed to be Filip Eklund, I thought it was legit. He gave me a Whatsapp number, which had a profile picture on and the number had Sweden code. I then checked out the exchange where he claimed to have transferred  the payment in Bitcoin in to my account. The exchange is a registered company in the UK, and that made me think it could be legit, and also I checked the company out in Company House, and it showed that it was indeed registered in the UK. Having done all of that, I really did think it was genuine. I then proceeded to register with cryptcarbon.com and then made some transfers from my coinbase account, apparently to prove that I own the wallet I would be withdrawing to. Since then I haven't been able to withdraw any of the Bitcoin from the account. They were citing delays in the blockchains.
One of the main positive things is that I haven't transferred the domains, and the other thing is that I am certain that individual or group will face the full force of the law and I will get my Bitcoin back and more. I am already taking legal action against them.
Why am I sharing this? To prevent this happening to any other person. To share my awful experience with cryptcarbon.com exchange. To share the steps I'm taking to get my Bitcoin back, and encourage you if you've been scammed by this company, you can copy the steps I'm taking. The Law is on our side, so people like this will never get away free.

JYA
The question is , is the amount really worth to fight for in means of legal action? if not then its better to move on and accept that loss rather than spending up more into something which you cant even
be sure that those scammers would be got caught yet we know that anonymity is the primary recipe on why scammers do love to scam people even more.

People never ever learn on making up some research first before making any further step.If they cant find out then you can freely make up some question to this community and ask out
regarding to that manner.You would surely get valid responses and good advice's.

Its just too dumb for people to have no any doubts when they ask out money to verify something or do able for you to withdraw? thats bullshit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2020, 10:05:19 PM

Unfortunately I have been affected by this scam. I am always careful and I do my due diligence about things like this.
When I was contacted about a domain portfolio I was selling on Flippa by someone who claimed to be Filip Eklund, I thought it was legit. He gave me a Whatsapp number, which had a profile picture on and the number had Sweden code. I then checked out the exchange where he claimed to have transferred  the payment in Bitcoin in to my account. The exchange is a registered company in the UK, and that made me think it could be legit, and also I checked the company out in Company House, and it showed that it was indeed registered in the UK. Having done all of that, I really did think it was genuine. I then proceeded to register with cryptcarbon.com and then made some transfers from my coinbase account, apparently to prove that I own the wallet I would be withdrawing to. Since then I haven't been able to withdraw any of the Bitcoin from the account. They were citing delays in the blockchains.
One of the main positive things is that I haven't transferred the domains, and the other thing is that I am certain that individual or group will face the full force of the law and I will get my Bitcoin back and more. I am already taking legal action against them.
Why am I sharing this? To prevent this happening to any other person. To share my awful experience with cryptcarbon.com exchange. To share the steps I'm taking to get my Bitcoin back, and encourage you if you've been scammed by this company, you can copy the steps I'm taking. The Law is on our side, so people like this will never get away free.

JYA
The question is , is the amount really worth to fight for in means of legal action? if not then its better to move on and accept that loss rather than spending up more into something which you cant even
be sure that those scammers would be got caught yet we know that anonymity is the primary recipe on why scammers do love to scam people even more.

People never ever learn on making up some research first before making any further step.If they cant find out then you can freely make up some question to this community and ask out
regarding to that manner.You would surely get valid responses and good advice's.

Its just too dumb for people to have no any doubts when they ask out money to verify something or do able for you to withdraw? thats bullshit.

We don't know how the deal made between them and I think the scammer is good on convincing people that's why ye get caught for the old tactics made by scammer.

But if the amount is big then its really needed to sue them but OP should verify first if the identity given is legit since anyone can fake their name online and have dispose their contact numbers and number used for the scheme.

If the amount is not big then I agree with you on this to better move on and learn from this mistake.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████