Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:01:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Ads on Coinmarketcap Legitimate?  (Read 325 times)
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1888

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2020, 08:14:25 PM

These ads are what makes CoinMarketCap profitable and this is what made Binance buy the site. The ads were there before that Binance bought it and I think they do not  doing any research before accepting the ads.
There have been a lot of advertisements for new coins projects and later turned out to be a scam, the biggest example of which is BitConnect coin that made big publicity in CoinMarket and then turned out to be a scam project.

Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 08:45:50 PM

we will never know if they are really doing any research before advertising. we will understand this when one of the projects that they advertise turns out to be a scam
That is just it. No one can tell and CZ will not disclose if they do research or not. Even if he does that, that should not stop us from doing our own research too. Just like you should not just buy from a project because it is listed on Biannace launchpad, so also should you not just accept any ad hook line and sinker, just because CZ and his team now control coinmarketcap.
bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 08:50:33 PM

We often see coinmarketcap has lots of ads like advertisements that say give ETH bonuses and so on. Because now Coinmarketcap is owned by CZ, do they research that project or only accept money without doing research?

About that case, I had no idea. Perhaps better do some research regarding about that matter anyway.
And even there is a bonuses of ETH I think it will be unavoidable to have a doubt about it for the individuals, isn't it right?
But I will try to check them out.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: