Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:24:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Started: Beginner Questions  (Read 144 times)
xSat0shi (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 11:48:10 PM

Greetings

I have recently been working on a project that incorporates the usage of Bitcoin for the economy. In short, it is a game. I do not wish to divulge too much information, however upon completion, I will most likely post it here for people to view or play. It is both free and premium.

My questions are straightforward;
#1: Which is an appropriate section to post this in?
#2: Where can I find rules about posting said game? If there are any specific rules
#3: The website will contain an investment section, what are the rules regarding promiting the site or investment area directly?
And is an investment thread permitted?
#4: Are the any rules regarding Post Size, Image height, Videos etc etc that I should be aware of?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 02:45:00 AM

Greetings

Project Development

#2: Where can I find rules about posting said game? If there are any specific rules
In here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2028417.0

#3: The website will contain an investment section, what are the rules regarding promiting the site or investment area directly?
Stated on my answer on question 2. As long its not an ICO, but probably not cause you mentioned BTC

#4: Are the any rules regarding Post Size, Image height, Videos etc etc that I should be aware of?
theymos said:

1.5 does really suck, 2.5 would be perfect

OK, I increased it to 2.5.

Eitherway man the proxy thing is annoying...  Undecided

Also some discussion about the topic here, regarding your concern.
Are there still size limits on image posting

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xSat0shi (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 03:47:22 AM

Greetings

Project Development

In here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2028417.0

Stated on my answer on question 2. As long its not an ICO, but probably not cause you mentioned BTC

theymos said:

1.5 does really suck, 2.5 would be perfect

OK, I increased it to 2.5.

Eitherway man the proxy thing is annoying...  Undecided

https://i.imgur.com/9WbAL.gif

Also some discussion about the topic here, regarding your concern.
Are there still size limits on image posting

Thank you for all this information, it is very helpful.
Regarding #1, is it fine to post there if it's possible to win Bitcoin via PvP and whatnot, or what that be considered Gambling?

For clarification, no ICO or anything, just a game, however there will be incentives offered.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 03:53:25 AM

Regarding #1, is it fine to post there if it's possible to win Bitcoin via PvP and whatnot, or what that be considered Gambling?
Mentioning that there will be incentives of BTC there would be fine, but requiring them to post or replied with prizes should be on another section appropriated. You can post here: Games and Rounds As long as its not any altcoin it will be okay.

Im not sure if pure games platform can be accepted on Gambling announcement so I suggest Project Development since its more like you are developing a new platform right. What kind of games we are talking here?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 03:56:51 AM

For clarification, no ICO or anything, just a game, however there will be incentives offered.

If they'd need to bet BTC to win them, then yes, it pretty much still falls under the gambling category. Can you add more details on the "incentives" and "investment area" part?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xSat0shi (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 05:06:06 AM

Mentioning that there will be incentives of BTC there would be fine, but requiring them to post or replied with prizes should be on another section appropriated. You can post here: Games and Rounds As long as its not any altcoin it will be okay.

Im not sure if pure games platform can be accepted on Gambling announcement so I suggest Project Development since its more like you are developing a new platform right. What kind of games we are talking here?
I'll disclose some partial details;
#1: Altcoins have been considered like LiteCoin and Daah but not right away since it takes time to integrate, might not do it at all if it affects me here.
#2: Essentially the game is a "game of games", where I will continuously add every possible game-style over time, the first bitcoin game module for this game that I plan on releasing, hasn't been done before. I am trying to keep minimal details for the time being.
#3: All will balanced games but essentially the goal is to introduce multiple different games. I will focus on Games of Skill as well, an example of this would be a player sitting down with another player, agreeing to a wager and playing a game of chess.

You could compare this to Satoshi Battles, in the way that it will require a client and such.

Registration is not required, I have implemented a Guest Mode which allows players to join in and earn straight away.
Deposits and Chat is disabled for Guest Accounts, but Withdraw function will be allowed for Guests so that they may withdraw whatever they earn.

If they'd need to bet BTC to win them, then yes, it pretty much still falls under the gambling category. Can you add more details on the "incentives" and "investment area" part?

BTC isn't required as there will be free to play games where you can earn Bitcoin from looting, or play with bound currency.
Incentives may be in the form of Bound Currency for Free Play, Bitcoin from Referrals, Cosmetics etc etc

The investment area, would be an extension of the investment system for the Browser, players can invest in the game or in through the browser if they wish to gain shares.

When I am further along with development, I will showcase some examples.
I am currently working on the API, UI, Autopatch, Investment System amongst other features that will be needed before release.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3428

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 06:06:40 AM

You can't directly post or even embed a video on this forum so you have to create a thumbnail and simply link it to the video platform of your choice.
- In addition to that, due to your current rank [Newbie], every single image that you post it'll be shown as a link by default (unless you rank up or "buy a copper membership").

~Snipped~
Allows you to post images even if you are a newbie, reduces the time-between-actions limit, and provides some of the same benefits as being of natural Member rank.
~Snipped~

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 06:45:37 AM

The investment area, would be an extension of the investment system for the Browser, players can invest in the game or in through the browser if they wish to gain shares.

Just a heads up about this part. Chances are, this is going to be mostly illegal whatever country you're in. Having your players to invest in your game sounds good in paper in terms of "incentives", but you might want to think about the potential ramifications of this.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xSat0shi (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 07:00:14 AM

You can't directly post or even embed a video on this forum so you have to create a thumbnail and simply link it to the video platform of your choice.
- In addition to that, due to your current rank [Newbie], every single image that you post it'll be shown as a link by default (unless you rank up or "buy a copper membership").

~Snipped~
Allows you to post images even if you are a newbie, reduces the time-between-actions limit, and provides some of the same benefits as being of natural Member rank.
~Snipped~

Thanks, I have taken note.

Just a heads up about this part. Chances are, this is going to be mostly illegal whatever country you're in. Having your players to invest in your game sounds good in paper in terms of "incentives", but you might want to think about the potential ramifications of this.

I understand the ramifications of incentives and the server would distribute said incentives based on profit and such, obviously offering a 1:1 referral would be a bad idea, hence why we also use Bound Currency, a free currency.

Regarding investments, this is why I track everything. In order to comply with tax law, I am required to keep track of all Transactions, in and out. The game will be released under my Game Development Studio, all Investments are purchases of profit shares and not equity in the game or company.

I work within the proper policies, protocols and procedures under all relevant legislation that may apply.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: