Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:36:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: crypto related twitter accounts (Binance, Bitcoin, TRON, &more) hacked  (Read 612 times)
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
July 24, 2020, 12:06:22 PM

Here is the latest update.

Twitter CEO apologizes for hack, confirms some private messages were accessed

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said Thursday the company “fell behind” in some of its security restrictions that led to the hack of prominent users including former president Barack Obama and Tesla chief executive Elon Musk on the social media site last week.

“Last week was a really tough week for all of us at Twitter, and we feel terrible about the security incident that negatively affected the people we serve and their trust in us,” Dorsey said in prepared remarks on an earnings call. “Security doesn’t have an end point. It’s a constant iteration to stay steps ahead of adversaries. We fell behind, both in our protections against social engineering of our employees and restrictions on our internal tools.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/07/23/twitter-apology-quarterly-earnings/

Also confirmed that private messages have been accessed and I think that is more damaging specially if those messages are very important or classified to say the least.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 06:30:17 PM

Here is the latest update.

Twitter CEO apologizes for hack, confirms some private messages were accessed

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey said Thursday the company “fell behind” in some of its security restrictions that led to the hack of prominent users including former president Barack Obama and Tesla chief executive Elon Musk on the social media site last week.

“Last week was a really tough week for all of us at Twitter, and we feel terrible about the security incident that negatively affected the people we serve and their trust in us,” Dorsey said in prepared remarks on an earnings call. “Security doesn’t have an end point. It’s a constant iteration to stay steps ahead of adversaries. We fell behind, both in our protections against social engineering of our employees and restrictions on our internal tools.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/07/23/twitter-apology-quarterly-earnings/

Also confirmed that private messages have been accessed and I think that is more damaging specially if those messages are very important or classified to say the least.
And now Twitter is looking into a paid subscription model.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/23/tech/twitter-subscription-earnings/index.html

But the question is what are they going to offer so people pay for the service? No tracking and no ads? Because even if they say that I do not believe it as that will reduce their revenue in advertising, I think we are taking a look at the slow demise of Twitter but like always it will be replaced by another and even more useless social network.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 12:32:23 PM

The most surprising thing about this story for me is how quickly people were ready to part with their money for a rather controversial adventure.
There are hundreds of similar scams, they are all the same.

The hackers didn't even decide to invent anything new, but used a completely old and hackneyed scheme. Nevertheless, they earned 100 thousand dollars.
The question is why people still do not think with their own heads?
No one was given enough time to rethink about it. Only half an hour was the upper time limit, bitcoin transactions usually take longer than that to get confirmed, so people were in a hurry to double up their money and in the end they got scammed. Moreover as more than one account was having the same tweet and all were verified accounts which added more credibility to this scam. Scammers are finding new ways to steal our money and but since these twitter scams are running from quiet a lot of time any veteran could have seen the truth behind it, if bitcoins were being given away then the verified account could have just asked the address, why they had to make the user send money to them on a promise to return double money back.

The fact of the matter is that people turn off their brains when it comes to media persons. Do you think any of them suggested that Twitter was hacked? I’m sure not.
They all thought that such a number of accounts could not be hacked. But things fall into place when we add to this equation that the whole system can be hacked.
This is the Western world, here no one gives out money just like that. Show me at least one billionaire who distributes money to the first who come across for nothing (not counting charity).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: