Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Interviews] with Bitcointalk members  (Read 29906 times)
Veleor
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653

Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2020, 11:55:36 PM
Merited by LoyceV (8), fillippone (3), DdmrDdmr (2), zasad@ (2), JayJuanGee (1), safar1980 (1)

1. When and why did you become interested in cryptocurrencies?
Several years ago I watched the activity of a scam company, which was run by a famous Ukrainian businessman. By the beginning of 2017, this company had suspended payments to clients and almost ceased to exist. Nevertheless, fraudsters didn't miss the opportunity to cheat people at last and announced in May 2017 that customers who will deposit 1 bitcoin will be able to withdraw the rest of their money under the accelerated procedure. Of course, this was just a lie and, despite warnings from other people, there were still users who fell for this trick and lost more funds. Until that time I wasn't interested in cryptocurrencies, but after that incident I got the impression that the organizers used bitcoin not only for anonymity, but they were also sure of a strong growth of it's rate in USD terms.

2. When and why did you buy your first bitcoin?
The first satoshis were sent to me, I didn't buy them.

3. How did you get on the forum?
In September 2017 I've learned that the same persons, whom I was observing earlier, made a new project and it was promoted on Bitcointalk. I wanted to warn more people to beware of this company, so I found myself here. My reviews of this company are available in English and Russian. During the process of exposing the company, I got acquainted with the forum community and began to learn about cryptocurrencies.

4.1. You have spent a lot of time looking for cheaters on the forum. Is this a hobby or professional interest?
For me it is like an exercise in protecting my own personal data, which many people recklessly giving away on the Web in nowadays, leaving a bunch of traces behind. After all, it is not known who and how can use this information in the future.

4.2. Have cheaters tried to take revenge on you for your investigations?
Nothing to be taken seriously. Cheaters cannot create any problems for someone they know nothing about.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns? Do they harm the forum?
I believe If users lost the ability to monetize their place on the forum, they would not need merit. It would be interesting if the Bitcointalk administrators will take an experiment for couple of weeks and checked how the disabling of all signatures and paid avatars would affect the attendance and content during this period. In my opinion, merit system is crutches, that was implemented due to bounty campaigns and could be replaced by a more indicative voting system [ + | - ].

6. The most useful forum topic? Most helpful users?
I think that it's impossible to reduce the benefits of the entire forum to a single topic.
As for the most helpful users, I think that to determine them objectively, need that each registered forum member, from a certain rank, can vote for or against any post. In my understanding such option would create a more democratic environment in the community and show the diversity of opinions more comprehensively.

7. 3 things you would implement on the forum?
1. Update the forum. It has long been technically outdated.
2. Disallow multi-accounts, as this is the main reason of spam and cheatings. Give exceptional permission to create another profile only after agreement with admins.
3. Implement a system of penalty points for violation of forum rules (e.g. from 1 to 10). Issue these points to users, depending on the severity of their offence, such as: offtop, low value message, multiposting, necroposting, copy&pasting, trolling, doxing, phishing, etc. Maximum points = temporary or permanent ban.

8. Do you trade on exchanges or invest in projects?
Not at the moment.

9. Tell a story about your big profit or big loss?
I don't want to go into details, I'll just say that I had a loss of a meaningful amount of money for me in the past, and it has taught me to be more discreet.

10. What do you think about the DEFI ecosystem?
Nothing in particular.

11. Is your anonymity a vital necessity or precaution?
My anonymity is rather a precautionary measure to not leave information traces on the Web unnecessarily. However, I'm of the opinion that it's impossible to remain completely anonymous in the Internet, and with sufficient resources, almost anyone can be found. This view is supported by the scientific research and criminal cases.

12. The last cryptocurrency book you read?
"Digital Gold: The Untold Story of Bitcoin" (2015), by the New York Times reporter Nathaniel Popper.
This book tells the story of the bitcoin movement, which has grown from a small group of cypherpunks (who considered the benefits of bitcoin, mainly in terms of anonymity and avoiding from government control) to a global community, which includes very different social segments, that have been attracted by free, secure, fast bitcoin transactions, small commissions, huge hidden potential and other things.
In the course of the story, the author mentioned the Bitcointalk several times: that this forum was created by a Finnish student with the nickname sirius. Also were mentioned two pizzas which were bought for 10,000 bitcoins, message from Hal Finney about his disease, and how US federal agents found the owner of the Silk Road, with the single forum post.
The problems of bitcoin's growth and attempts to regulate it by various state institutions were also raised in the book, as well as the situations with Mt.Gox and Silk Road.
The book briefly tells about the key figures in the bitcoin community, including the Argentine businessman Wences Casares, who learned about bitcoin at the end of 2011. He was one of the main disseminators of information about bitcoin among the business elite in Silicon Valley. Wences believed that bitcoin would become a popular saving asset, just like gold. At the same time, he described the advantages of bitcoin over gold as a more simpler type of debt accounting system, and predicted that the cost of one Bitcoin in the future could rise to half a million $.

13. Advise 3 cryptocurrencies/tokens for investment in the next 1-2 years?
I will not advise anything. If some persons are ready to invest money somewhere, then these men should make decision at their own risk.

14. How much will Bitcoin cost at the end of 2020?
= BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1758

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 06:00:37 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2020, 08:18:07 AM by YOSHIE
Merited by LoyceV (8), fillippone (3), zasad@ (2), JayJuanGee (1), DdmrDdmr (1), Husna QA (1)

Well, thanks in advance to: @zasad, who entrusted me to be interviewed.

for the answer.

To be precise in 2016, at that time I already knew cryptocurrency from a friend who worked at a gold shop, at that time he was the one who introduced me to crypto called Bitcoin.
Every month I go to the gold shop to deposit half of my salary for investment, that's when I was introduced to cryptocurrency by my friends, At first I was not sure, he showed me the results he invested in crypto, I really saw it, real.
Precisely at the end of 2016, I registered on one of the trading exchanges and I started investing in crypto, running for one year 2017, I saw investment assets on the exchange have increased by 3x, finally I started studying and investing/trading in cryptocurrency until now.

At the end of 2016, I bought several cryptos on the exchange, mainly Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.
For investment and very profitable for me.

There are many things that I can get and learn in this forum, this forum is an experience and history that is very valuable for me to save when I retire.

4.1. You have spent a lot of time looking for cheaters on the forum. Is this a hobby or professional interest?

That is the expertise/professional that I learned/have in this forum, the goal is: many companies / people spend money on this forum, in order to succeed, and other users are safe, at ease, away from fraud.
In short: how do you live in one organization, but in it a lot of fraud.
And how do you live in an organization without fraud, the answer is in yourself.

4.2. How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?

Of course it has a very positive impact on the community in this Bitcointalk forum.
Example: as done by: @Hhampuz and the gambling site Roobet:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=71.0, by giving free bonuses with correct guesses, the community can bring home up to $ hundreds of thousands, obviously benefiting many users / communities in this forum, not to mention if you play and win.

4.3. What prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies?

I am not thinking about mass adoption for now, there is something that prevents the mass adoption of crypto if you look at the real field, crypto technology for now tends to lead to the most advanced features of course also triggered with securityvery good, After all, it can be said that crypto users are still certain people who are not 100% of the people understand crypto, this is an element that we are not aware of which prevents the mass adoption of crypto, I think to overcome all that it will take the next few years for the mass adoption of normal crypto.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?

Not damaging, precisely with the Merit system currently being implemented, it's better for the Bitcointalk forums and campaigns, the better.
The merit system is one of the most professional systems I've seen today.

The most useful and helpful topics: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

There are many things that can be applied in this forum, one of which is that the forum remains clean from fraud and greedy members, so that the Forum becomes more comfortable and safe for the community or newcomers.

With a safe forum there is no fraud, many companies, investors who want to place advertisements. Investing on the Bitcointalk forum, without having to worry.

Yes, I invest and trade cryptocurrency on one of the exchanges.

I have experienced a considerable profit against the crypto that I invested in 2017, it was a historic year for me at that time and plus 2018.
I've never experienced loss, hopefully not.

Many countries are currently discussing Decentralized Finance briefly (DEFI), although currently DeFi is slightly affected by the impact of the pandemic, but I believe DeFi is still the main one who is idolized by many communities and its ecosystem continues to develop from time to time.

The purpose of Anonymity is nothing but to make me safer while doing everything on the internet, good and bad behavior can happen, I always put precautions first, we don't know what will happen in the future.

There are three cryptocurrency books that I last read.
1. The Satoshi Book
2. Crypto Age.
3. Mastering Bitcoin.

These three books are my favorite books.

Very simple, I didn't forget some of this crypto.
1. Bitcoin.
2. BCD
3. Ethereum.
4. XZC and one more
5. Waves.

Enough of the 5 cryptos, which I have, I have introduced this crypto to my child, the five cryptos are what make me what I am today, home, car, etc.

I don't know for sure, but my conviction says $ 25,000.

15. P.S. (Optional)

Purely from myself, experience and honest words.

Regards.
Yoshie.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 12:17:39 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2020, 12:31:21 PM by vapourminer
Merited by LoyceV (8), fillippone (6), JayJuanGee (2), DdmrDdmr (2), zasad@ (2), Yogee (2), Karartma1 (1), JSRAW (1), Last of the V8s (1)

Questions:

Around 2011 I was a member of a tech forum and read some posts about making real money (well fiat but I didn’t know the difference at the time) using GPUs. As I was already doing stuff like SETI and Folding@Home I was immediately interested in the tech. I had a couple gaming rigs that sat idle so did the folding thing when not playing (marriage has a habit of cutting into gaming so they sat idle as far as games so they spent a lot of time on those projects). It was only much later when I understood (more or less) the whitepaper and the elegance and simplicity of what Satoshi had created.

Not for years after I discovered btc. I mined early on in 2011. To test the system I used my ATI HD4850 to mine, then sent to mtgox, then to dwolla, and then to money in the bank. It was a total game changer.. it actually worked! Money from GPUs (and electricity of course). I took a while to figure out pools, workers, the core wallet and such but I stuck at it after a few false starts. Once I proved this worked (to my wife mainly heh)  I picked up a few more GPUs (mainly HD58xx and 68xx GPUs).

Around 2013 I joined coinbase (mainly to sell) but I did buy a bit. So mostly all my coins came from mining.

I just entered “bitcoin forum” into a search engine. Back then (2011) about the only hit was bitcointalk.

4.1. When did you start mining? Is this a hobby or your main job?

2011. Mainly as an experiment (the Grand Experiment) and as a hobby to subsidize my gaming rigs. A few years later as the price started to rise it was more as a source of income but it was never a business to me. I didn’t have to infrastructure for real mining as a job. And a job.. eeeww. I had enough of jobs, hobbys are my thing, not working.. although work is work. I believe in supporting my family no matter what the job. Shoveling shit, medical, whatever. I do not like handouts. And I never will look down on anyone who works for a living, no matter what the job.

4.2. What is the power consumption of all your devices?  How much does 1 kilowatt of electricity cost?

Its varied. I once had maybe 1800 watts of gear at maybe .12 cents USD at one time (its varied considerable over the years) but I never really kept track. It was part of the hobby and all hobbys cost money. That’s my view anyway and mining was a lot cheaper (and safer!) than many of my other hobbies.

4.3. What is better for mining: ASICs, video cards, FPGA?

Right now? Mainly FPGAs and a few GPUs for when a new coin come up and an algorithm can make use of them.

4.4. How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?

Im not a gambler. But there is a substantial draw so I suppose it’s a good thing.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?

I think it’s a good thing (full disclosure: im a merit source). It certainly got rid of a lot of farmed accounts and shit posts. Although I’m sure there’s some abuse of that just like anything else. As for sigs, well thats not for me. but i wont look down on those who are serious about it and make good posts.

In the beginning I learned the most from the mining topics. Later the technical topics. And the Wall Observer thread is an invaluable source of the pulse as to where btc is going (although its an acquired taste, and bring eye bleach). As for users? Too many to count and im afraid i would leave someone out.

Bring back that glowing ignore icon. That's about it.

I traded for about a year. And while I didn’t lose my shirt I lost enough to convince me I’m not a trader.

Profit? Hodling btc of course. Losing? The etherum DAO. And losing via trading but that wasn’t too bad as far as a loss. I got out soon as I realized I sucked at it.

Never heard of it aside from its being mentioned in this thread. Not interest in it at this time.

At 1st, back when corn was only a few bucks it wasn’t a real concern. Now? Its more important. But I’m not super paranoid.

Don’t recall, I’ve read a few. None really stand out at this time. My suggestion is read as many as you can.

Bitcoin. Full stop.

Just pulling a figure out of my *cough*, I’d say 15k

15. P.S. (Optional)

Stay frosty my friends. Bitcoin is the wildest ride ever. Don’t miss out on it.

edit: slight clarification

zasad@ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 4244

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2020, 03:02:03 PM

Slow death (Hero Member)

Let's start

"well I made money from PTC sites in 2014, I remember that at the time I made money on Neobux and Probux (of course I thought they were legitimate businesses), with these two PTC sites I made $ 200 a day, it was excellent... until one day I enter the probox site and see on the forum saying that the Paypal site had frozen the probux account, but the probux administrator assured that he would continue with the site and I will create an account on payza , about 30 days after paypal had frozen probux account the site became a scam, it was a big nightmare for me because i had more than $ 30,000 on the site (i don't remember the exact amount), i only got Neobux which reduced the value of the clicks of the ads and my profit went down a lot, but months later I saw on the Neobux forum that the probox administrator was a serial scammer called Gustavo Gil Peron and had a scammers allied to him one of them was Alexandre Pereira Prazers and two others women I no longer remember the name

Months after the disappointment I had with probux I had to look for other ptc sites, because Neobux's earnings were very small, but all the PTC sites I found on Paypal froze their account and after some time the PTC sites started adding Bitcoin as a means of payment and that's when I went on google and researched bitcoin and discovered this forum, it was in 2016.

Unfortunately when I joined this forum I didn't know anything about DT and much less had any idea that many Bitcoin Double and HYIP sites were ponzi schemes (I know it shows that my stupidity was at an immeasurable level), but man I didn't learn the lesson even though a lot of money was stolen on the PTC sites, I still had faith in people and easily believed in them ... anyway, create Noni account and participate in the Give ways that hyip ponzi sites posted in the gambling section and for that reason I received negative feedback

30 days after I created a NONI account and received negative feedback I went to travel where I suffered a car accident on the way and lost my passwords and then I created this current account and decided to start doing research on scammers so I wouldn't be cheated and stolen money and as i had been stolen by the hashocean also my anger and hate for scammers grew a lot and it was there that i sold my Nvidia 9800GT video card that i played games, sealed my other HD, sold my RAM memories and my 19 inch monitor, i ordered money to my father and I went to buy bitcoins and it was there that I also met bestchange and started using bestchange to buy bitcoin) I don't remember the site that was added to bestchange at the time)... but it took 3 days for them to send bitcoins to my wallet, was exchange payza for bitcoin"

"I bought bitcoin in 2016 because I had no other way to make money on the internet, from the research I started to do I realized that PTC Sites were ponzi schemes created by many serial scammers, I realized that I should never invest in Hyip/ponzi and cloud Mining sites, so the best and only option I had was to buy bitcoin and do day trade and Hodl that's why I risked selling my stuff to buy bitcoin"

"paypal campaigned against PTCs sites by closing all accounts on PTCs sites, PTCs sites added bitcoin as a means of payment so I went to investigate what bitcoin was and found this forum and started using bitcoin"

"what happens Is the following:

I lost a lot of money thanks to scammers and as I like to look for new investments when I come across a project that has FAKE TEAM I report or when I see a post from someone who has scam indications I investigate further and report if it is scam"

4.2. Have cheaters tried to take revenge on you for your investigations?

"this guy is the part i didn't even want to remember, two years ago i was investigating a hyip ponzi site in the Investor-based games and found out who was the guy who liked to buy hero member accounts to be able to advertise his double sites, he was an italian programmer, he sent me PM saying: "catch me if you can" and after that I was hacked into my Payza, paypal accounts, started receiving emails with strange threats and even received strange proposals for me to click on the link (I think to steal my passwords)"

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?

"Merit system: clearly it is a very failed system, there are thousands of members who go months without even having 1 Merit and the Merit source are more active in some sections like reputation, scam accusations, and  Wall Observer, look at the  Wall Observer that you will understand that this merit system is a big joke.

signature campaigns: signature campaigns are welcome, I was once a signature campaign manager and I realized that it was a very difficult job, currently with this merit system it seems to me that who has won thousands of merits Is what else has priorities for certain managers and then I keep saying that this merit system has failed even in this.

But I don't want to discuss how each manager manages his signature campaign, I respect each person's decision, I just find it regrettable and sad that a place where it is said that a community excludes newbies and junior members.

Newbie, Jr. Member and Member no longer have a chance to participate in signature campaigns (argument: they will spam the forum, but the curious thing is that even old and respected members of this forum one day was Newbies, Member and Jr. Member and yes they have already made a 1 line post only and without any content)

it's difficult to Newbie and Junior receive merits ( even for me it is very difficult to receive merit, I wonder in what century will I become a legendary member  Grin ), I still think that each member of this forum should have 200 or 300 sMerit per month to be able to give merits to everyone "

"The most useful forum topic: Forum ranks/positions/badges (What do those shiny coins under my name mean?)

Most helpful users:

@LoyceV

@Vod

members who are committed to exposing scammers

Forum Staff members

and finally @theymos which has the arduous task of keeping this forum running (I just think it should change some things about this Merit system)"

"if i were the forum administrator i would change the merit system so that each person had 200 sMerit per month

If I were the forum administrator I would create a group of members to review the feedbacks given by DT members to prevent anyone from leaving negative feedback based on personal opinion without any proof that this person is a scammer, there are many cases where the member receives negative feedback just because he thinks Bitcoin cash  Is real bitcoin, Of course I agree that Bitcoin cash is a big joke without meaning to exist"

"I do both"

"honestly I don't remember my big win (I had a lot of big profits), but I remember my big loss that was when I bought a shitcoin TPG that a member of the forum created (now I can't remember the name of the member)"

"now any shitcoin is using DEFI to take advantage of the wave, like what happened with ICOs, I think what I can say is: "let's take advantage of this wave while it lasts" "

"precaution!

if a scammer doesn't like me preventing him from stealing millions of dollars and decides to hire murderers to come and harm me in my country? I have to protect myself"

"I no longer remember the title of the book, but it was a book in Portuguese"

"Bitcoin

ETH

Chainlink"

"In my opinion it will be under $14000"

Thanks to Slow death for the interview!

The end.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10127

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 07:57:18 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2020, 05:55:14 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by LoyceV (8), El duderino_ (5), vapourminer (4), fillippone (4), marlboroza (4), zasad@ (2), Slow death (1), DdmrDdmr (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), JSRAW (1), Last of the V8s (1), Yogee (1)

In August 2013, I was considering reallocating some of my investments, so I began to research.

My then portfolio was in mostly stock index funds, bonds, real estate and business ventures, and mostly I had built such portfolio over the previous 25 years.  

At the time of my late 2013 research, I was interested in adding a gold-like assets as a dollar hedge and perhaps adding risk, yet I did not like what I was finding regarding gold-like assets in terms of fees and third party control and I felt some terror if I were to actually physically hold gold…  I recall coming across bitcoin at that time, and I bookmarked it as: “Hm.. interesting, get to later”  

In November 2013 I met a guy in his early 20s, and he told me how rich he had become from buying bitcoin in 2012.  He told me that he was getting drugs from silk road and he inadvertently accumulated 25-30 BTC for less than $10 each, and he proclaimed that with the passage of time, he had noticed that BTC had shot up to around $260 each, before correcting to below $100 and then bouncing back above $600 at the time of our conversation.

In some ways, the guy was presenting himself as a kind of investment genius but admitting to a lot of luck.  I thought whether the guy was lucky, genius or some combination, surely he had done well with bitcoin.

I was inspired to open my “get to later” bitcoin folder, and look into bitcoin. I recall reading a few threads and looking at recent price performance and generally figuring out if it had some kind of investment use cases, such as superficially seeming like it might be able to serve as a gold-like investment to hedge against my other various dollar based investments (I may have referred to wikipedia too, for that initial research and ideas about bitcoin).  

If you will look back at the November 2013 charts, you might well notice that even while I was looking into my BTC introduction, the BTC price had nearly doubled within my research week, and that may have caused me unreasonable anxiety.. later more properly identified as FOMO symptoms, perhaps?

I would like to imagine that I had done adequate research into BTC before starting to invest, but when I look back at my notes and consider actual happenings, it appears that I was predisposed toward frontloading into BTC..    Accordingly, I started DCA buying BTC in November 2013, which would have been within about a week after first starting to look into it.

I believe that my idea was that I could get started with a kind of modest BTC DCA and research as I go. In November 2013, I authorized myself a 6-month budget, and by April/May 2014, I ended up extending my budget and DCA authorization for another 6 months bringing me to a year of mostly DCA buying by the end of 2014.

By the end of 2014, I had largely reached my BTC accumulation goal to reallocate about 10% of my investment portfolio into BTC, and by the end of 2014, I largely considered that I had transitioned into “bitcoin addict” status that might be better categorized as bitcoin bagholding?  Wink Cheesy Cheesy    

I purchased my first BTC on the street on November 29, 2013 for $1,500 for 1.2486 bitcoins; yes, $1,201 per corn.  

I made my first BTC purchase based on my predisposition towards sound money ideas, and my quickie research revealing number go up 100x in 1 year in 2013, so even though I expected BTC price to be at a bit of a potential price peak, I still was receptive to its proposition as sound money.

As mentioned, at about the same time as my first purchase, I authorized myself with a budget to begin a 6-month DCA accumulation process.  I also employed a bit of a front-loading technique in order to attempt to get a bit of feeling that I had a decently-sized stake in our beloved king daddy, in case number were to go up while instructing myself to simultaneously continue researching further and prepare in case number were not to go up.

Of course, retrospectively we see that the BTC price ended up going down quite considerably over the next 6 months and also largely, number went down relative to my first purchase for the next three years.   Cry Cry Cry

Sad but true that my first BTC purchase did not become profitable until more than 39 months after purchase (March 1, 2017), and not sustainably profitable until 40.5 months (after April 18, 2017).

There is no real need to feel sorry for the delayed profitability of my first BTC, because as you likely realize, dollar cost averaging tends to have advantages during periods of price go down, since I had continued buying BTC throughout those first 3 years between late 2013 and early 2017, rather than sitting on my hands or whining about number going down.  

Essentially, my ongoing DCA BTC purchases had caused my average price per BTC to lower from $1,201 per corn to around $500 per corn by the end of 2016, and of course with a bit of a larger stashenings of sats..

On the other hand, my having had gotten sim card swapped in early 2017 (a kind of other side of the story) did cause my average price per BTC to raise back up to around $750 per each one accounting for the losses of BTC through the hacking of several of my BTC accounts.

The same guy who introduced me to his silk road BTC profits story in November 2013, told me about the Wall Observer thread in February 2014, describing the WO thread as a troll box thread – which seemed right up my alley.

My subsequent visit to the WO thread around page 4,550, caused me to register a forum account and draft my first WO/forum post on page 4560    

Of course, the WO thread now has 27,156 pages of historical memorabilia, in spite some members engaging in mass deletions or rage deletions from time to time.   I have always been a bit of an “anti-deletion” advocate, if there is such a thing.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

For my first year or two on the forum, I did not venture much outside of the WO thread.

4.1. What is your current strategy for bitcoin?

From late 2013 to late 2014 I was largely in BTC accumulation mode, following a kind of learn as you go front-loading DCA methodology… and I believe that by the end of 2014, I largely met my goal to put 10% of my investment portfolio into BTC.

Since BTC prices largely stayed below my average cost per BTC through 2015 / 2016, I continued a kind of maintenance DCA practice through 2015/ 2016.. and probably somewhat inadvertently I had gotten my investment into BTC somewhere in a supra 13% territory - which I had considered to be a bit “overinvested.”  

Perhaps my thesis of what constitutes being “overinvested” in BTC still holds true today.  I am thinking that there are not really needs to invest more than 10% of an investment portfolio in BTC because bitcoin has such an ongoing asymmetric proposition in terms of if its thesis comes even partly true, investing 10% would still end up causing considerable wealth accumulation because of the nature of what bitcoin is.

I do understand, on the other hand, that anyone who has not really established a somewhat diversified portfolio, may ultimately end up investing way more into bitcoin, as a percentage because they are just getting started out in terms of building their investment portfolio.  So blanket statements sometimes can be difficult to justify in terms of what might be prudent and appropriate for someone in a different timeline situation.

Even though BTC prices rose though 2017, I had decided to only skim off small BTC profits along the way up and NOT to sell large chunks of my BTC nor to significantly reallocate out of BTC – contrary to the guidance of traditional investors….

Part of my rationale to just let my BTC ride through that period has to do with the remainder of my investments being sufficiently enough to sustain me, and my then calculation that my investment timeline in BTC was going to be at least 4 years after that 2017 timeline.

With the 2017 price rise, my BTC allocation got up to 70% of my investment portfolio during the BTC price peak to $19,666 based on BTC price appreciation and dropped back down to 40%-ish during the BIGGEST BTC price drop down to $3,124 in December 2018, and currently, based on recent BTC price rises, I am probably still allocated in the ballpark of 70% BTC allocation, and these numbers continue to be based mostly on BTC’s price appreciation rather than additional investment since I have not been putting much if any significant additional value into BTC since 2017.

In essence since 2017, I had largely transitioned into what I would consider a maintenance dominated BTC strategy rather than a primarily BTC accumulation strategy, even though I will accumulate some additional BTC from time to time mostly from funds already dedicated to BTC.

So, currently such BTC maintenance strategy tends to be skimming small amounts of BTC when the BTC price goes up – an approximate formula that is 1% skimmed for every 10% the BTC price rises, and buying back BTC with the skimmed off proceeds when BTC prices go down…  if they go down.. If BTC prices do not go down, then I just leave those dollars on the table and likely to just withdraw at some later date.. so I do not get worried about NOT being able to buy back BTC lower than the price that I had sold, in the event that the BTC price never again drops sufficiently below my sales price.

Yes.. I agree this whole process of selling on the way up and buying on the way down is a bit of an accounting nightmare..... yet my foundational ideas on my current BTC strategy came from the SSS thread….**  and, I hybridized and personally customized/tailored such SSS strategy, too.

** An ironic thing about the SSS thread is that the OP author is a bit not sane, and even considered quite a scammer, but still the self-help ideas within the thread are still good.

4.2. Can you suggest ways to diversify the risks of falling bitcoin prices?

For me, I have always considered Bitcoin as a relatively long-term investment, and I believe that deciding to long-term invest in any asset whether bitcoin or any other asset remains a combination of financial and psychological commitment.  

Having long-term commitment to an investment, does not mean that that the technique should be blind nor that the technique cannot be adapted because of changes in circumstances or changes in perspective, including feeling a need to get out of the investment if circumstances warrant.  

First principles suggest that long-term investors should NOT be investing more than they can afford to lose, so therefore they should not be feeling desperate about their investment at any time, especially if they are investing into a seemingly highly volatile asset, such as bitcoin.

To me, NOT investing more than you can afford to lose means to make sure that personal cashflow is in order to cover all expenses, including emergency expenses for a minimum of 6 to 18 months.  How many months that any BTC investor projects out cashflow will also depend upon the level of complicated expenses, businesses, and/or support of family… the more complicated and the more variables, the more prudent to project cashflow out on a further timeline in order to attempt to prevent causing your own emergencies from lack of foresight and/or due diligence.

I had tailored my overall bitcoin strategy to my situation by accounting for cashflow, my other investments, my views of bitcoin as compared with other investments, my risk tolerance, timeline and my time available, skills and abilities to plan, strategize and learn along the way  - to tweak plans from time to time, trade if warranted, reallocate and other discretionary adjustments along the way. Figuring out each and every one of the above factors can take a very long time, and can be worked and tweaked along the way, so should not stop anyone from acting while they are tweaking and learning along the way.

When I first got into bitcoin, I considered that I had a one or two year timeline to be my projected minimum time to invest, and of course, a longer timeline would be ok too

These days, the fundamentals of BTC have improved greatly and seem to justify recommending that anyone coming into bitcoin should start with a minimum of a 4-year time-horizon for investing and of course, longer is better, too.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?

Of course, the current merit system does screen out scammers, account farmers and shills.  Maybe not a perfect system, but it does seem to have some screening out efficacies.  I did believe that theymos was going to increase the number of merit sources, but currently, it seems that the number of merit sources are still stuck in the assignment of slightly fewer than 100 merit sources.

I am not opposed to Signature campaigns since they allow members to earn BTC once they reach certain ranks.  Signature allowances are part of the forum’s character and history, and can be beneficial for some forum members, which also seems to be good for incentivizing good posting behaviors.. Accordingly, if some members want to stack some sats through signature campaign participation, there seem to be various safeguards in place.. including members who monitor abusive practices that happen through any system that has financial payouts.

6. The most useful forum topic?

Surely, I continue to like the Wall Observer thread, that touches upon the latest and greatest in bitcoin events and frequently points out if there are other highlights in the forum and if no one is posting about BTC therein, which does happen from time to time, then it will tend faster and easier to scan through the posts therein.

Most helpful users?

I am of the belief that nearly any genuine posting member can be helpful in terms of providing a personal experiential perspectives… and sometimes it takes a while for members to warm up to one another and sometimes members might be meanies and nice  .. but not necessarily both meanies and nice at the same time.  

Seems to me that with the passage of time merit and trust scores do tend to show which members are helpful and genuine – even though trust and merit scores might not be completely correlated to helpfulness..  For example, sometimes members have high merit and trust scores but are not helpful kinds of peeps (perhaps disingenuous kinds of peeps, sometimes).

It can take some time for the helpfulness of new users to be reflected in their merit and trust scores… and surely sometimes, some helpful members are underappreciated and not reflected in their merit and trust scores.

TLDR: helpful members tend to be any member who is genuine.

I have grown accustom to the ways of our forum, so it is difficult for me to suggest changes as if there were some defects. In other words, I cannot think of any forum change suggestions at this moment as I type.

Through the years, I had traded on at least 10 exchanges at one point or another.. but mostly just small amounts of my BTC in the trading method that I described above in response to question 4.1..   Essentially, I tend to keep less than 15% of my total BTC value on exchanges at any one time.  

Note:  I understand that the amount of value that I might keep on exchanges is and has been more than what other members would suggest to be best practices, so I concede that my way of using BTC and participating in the BTC economy is a bit more of a risky way of using BTC.

Here are the main ones that I used historically:
BTC-e (later WEX and later closed by USG)
Binance
Bitstamp
Bitfinex
Bittrex
Circle (retail purchases - no longer the same thing)
Coinbase Pro
Gemini
LocalBitcoins (not really allowed for face to face cash transactions, which is one of my preferred methods).
Uphold

I understand that there might be some better ways to get BTC and to trade BTC these days, and at some point, I might try out some new exchanges – including trying out some of the decentralized exchanges or lightning based services, to the extent various other ways of participating (including running a node) seem to be growing in the space and/or I have been growing in confidence in them to try out..

Since I got into bitcoin, I have had an overall philosophy that I need to maintain ways to exit my BTC investment if needed, even if I never actually end up employing any of those means to exit.

Edit after I looked through some of the other interviews:  I had missed the investment question, and so far, I am not invested in any bitcoin or crypto projects.

I already mentioned my bit of embarrassing sim card swap attack incident in early 2017 that resulted in hacking of my access to several exchange accounts and a loss of quite a bit of BTC.  I found out that hackers can be quite organized, sophisticated and fast.

Of course, there are various safeguards and protections that can be taken to attempt to be more secure, and there are quite a few articles on the topic of security and even on the topic of sim card swapping, which has become quite popular in recent years because of the irreversible nature of bitcoin and other crypto currencies and with quite a few phone carrier loop holes in places like the USA.

I understand that even with lots of sim swaps and hacks, it still can be difficult for guys to actually implement protections that should implement and might be available to them, even when safeguarding information is available.. and certain privacy/information/data leaks do continue to happen to sometimes giving hackers some easier ways to get in…

If given chances, hackers will take the easier ways in if they are available, but of course if they know about some of your details (such as BTC holdings or other personal details) or you seem to engage in some sloppier kinds of lack of OPsec behaviors then you could be helping to make yourself more of a target or they might focus more efforts on you than on others.

So, sure hackers might have tools to get beyond some of the more simple security measures that HODLers might take, but with anything we have balancing concerns too, and there are a large number of ex-BTC HODLers who have securitized themselves out of their coins, so sometimes taking too many safeguards could part some BTC HODLers from their coins because they are overly secure and they lock themselves out of their coins.  Bitcoin is not forgiving in the direction of under security nor in the direction of over security, and there is no one you can call for help if you really lost or forgot how you secured your coins.

To me, Defi seems like an “innovative” way to convert various analogue Ponzi scheme practices into digital algorithm Ponzi scheme practices with fancy terms, such as “smart contracts” and “yield farming” to get folks sucked into likely purposeful complications, but in the end, still just glorified Ponzi scheming scams with little to no underlying value beyond a hopening to attract the next greater sucker.  

Many of us in bitcoin for a long time realize that the similar kinds of accusations are made towards bitcoin, yet we also can recognize that bitcoin is different, even while people still get confused by what differentiations exist between bitcoin and the multitude of innovative complexities in cryptolandia trying to separate normies from their bitcoin through get rich quick aspirations.

I don't tend to get tempted by the various kinds of get-rich-quick ploys whether the shitcoin and ICO craziness of the 2017 period or some of the current hype around complicated smoke and mirror products, such as defi, yield farming, blah, blah, blah.

Anonymity has been a preferred practice for me.. and largely has been preserved..  

For example, when you and I run into each other on the street, and you proclaim: “hey, you must be JJG…” . I will respond by plausibly denying you.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't recall reading any crypto currency books… I know, it sounds sad… or should I say “pathetic?”

As a concession, I have listened to a lot of bitcoin related podcasts over the years, to the extent that listening to podcasts might have me to understand either bitcoin or myself.  Here’s a list of most of them.  

Don’t fuck around with shitcoins.  Bitcoin is sufficiently double plus good enough.

Edit after I looked through some of the other interviews:  As I mentioned, my overall BTC approach is to treat it as a long term investment.  I have not come across any shitcoin, token or other crypto project that would rise to the level of worthy of investment or even to get passed my current timeline which is 4 years plus (even if I were to compromise, I cannot think of a shitcoin, token or other crypto project that would get passed a lower threshold 1-year plus investment timeline, in such a way that they are offering anything different from BTC).  If they cannot meet my minimum investment timeline threshold, then I would categorize them as gambling rather than investing.  I only gamble with very small portions of my network (like pocket change kind of plays), so from my perspective, I don't really gamble.

I consider my BTC trading system to be merely attempting to insure BTC price volatility.  One of the most inevitable things in bitcoin is its volatility, and my BTC trading system merely takes advantage of such volatility rather than betting on such near inevitable volatility because I attempt to set my BTC trade orders in such a way that I am emotionally neutral as to which direction the BTC price goes in the short to medium term, so long as in the long term the BTC price goes up (which going up is part of the presumption of long term investing in BTC thesis, anyhow).

I don't say others should not gamble because they can do whatever makes them feel good, but I cannot recommend any technique that I do not think about or employ - and of course the techniques and the considerations for gambling are going to be different from the techniques and considerations for investing.

I am thinking that at the end of 2020, bitcoin’s price will be somewhere between $14k and $17,250..
Part of the rationale for my prediction is that the end of the year is only 4 months away and $17,250 seems most plausibly to be the next BTC price resistance point and the last resistance point before getting into the dead man’s zone..

Once bitcoin prices get above $17,250 (when though?) then Bitcoin prices will most easily pass through the deadman’s zone of the previous ATH to be ported into the $23,500 to $30,000 range… but still, the $million question remains, when?  

15. P.S. (Optional)
Seems like I already said more than my fair share.   Cry Cry

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 15331

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 09:26:34 AM

15. P.S. (Optional)
Seems like I already said more than my fair share.   Cry Cry

I was ready for much worse when I read your name.
I could say that, given the 15 questions, you was pretty careful containing your "Wall of Text" attitude.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 10:07:48 AM

15. P.S. (Optional)
Seems like I already said more than my fair share.   Cry Cry

I was ready for much worse when I read your name.
I could say that, given the 15 questions, you was pretty careful containing your "Wall of Text" attitude.

Well, I am glad that my "brevity" this time may have helped lessen some amount of anxiety on your end.  Sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day to write (or read, for that matter) long-ass posts (whatever that might be?).

I did add two Edits, so far, which hopefully will not materially lengthen my interview too much.  Wink

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 11:10:03 PM

Wow, this is very very cool, its fun getting to know some of the OG's of bitcointalk. Some of them have very cool story, for reals.

Dude, you have to interview the mods, global mods and the admins. Chances are, most of them will be too busy to apply, but dammit try. I would love to read about them, as I just spend more time reading on this forum than actually posting(fml).

wait..does this mean you're the paparazzi of bitcointalk now?? "Exclusive interview with THE PHARMACIST NEVER SEEN BEFOREE (*NOT CLICKBAIT*)"

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1852

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 04:17:35 AM
Merited by LoyceV (19), JayJuanGee (2), zasad@ (2), DdmrDdmr (1), Husna QA (1)

First and foremost, thanks for confirming through PM that you are choosing respondents randomly. Without which, I wouldn't have consented nor posted my answers here, having noticed that previous interviewees are considered crypto veterans and authorities. My answers might just end up being frowned upon. Anyway, and out of deference, here are my very honest answers:

For sure, I had a few fleeting encounters with crypto way back then, but the interest started to grow and more focus was put into it in 2016, around the time when I was working in the Middle East. I was heavily into crypto gambling and investment at that time.

While I was truly enamored of Bitcoin's philosophy, more weight was given to its rising value at the start.

It was in 2016 and, frankly speaking, it was all for the sake of money. It all failed, though. I got scammed.

If my memory serves me right, it was from a link in Primedice.

4.1. What prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies?

First, I would refer more to Bitcoin than to other cryptocurrencies. Also, by mass adoption I mean majority of the people around the world use it in their transactions as a currency.

I guess what hinders mass adoption or at least slows it down are the same problems we faced before.

Payment with Bitcoin requires a fee and waiting time. These may not be experienced when you transact with cash and other forms of fiat payment. Furthermore, while Bitcoin is not anymore illegal in so many countries, it is not accepted as a legal tender either. But the primary reason, I believe, is that most don't want to spend a currency whose value is fast increasing over time.

4.2. How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?

The development of this forum is not in anyway dependent on the advertising of gambling projects. Unless a significant number of these projects are proven to be scams or unfair and a pattern is somehow created, I don't think the promotion of gambling projects will harm the community.

The merit system rests on the subjective interpretations of users as to which or what kind of post is merit-worthy or not. Moreover, a single post which may not be that special at all could actually receive as high a merit as 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 from a single user alone. Also, any user could beg, buy, ask, hunt for merit. Merit circles could also be easily created. Having said these, the number of merits of a user may not actually signify anything, much less his/her capacity to contribute constructive responses to discussions here.

To be honest, this forum would be a lot more quiet if not with signature campaigns. This may not necessarily be bad as it also incentivizes constructive posting.

Do they harm the forum? Not necessarily. There are pros and cons to having them. Surely, however, spams are happening primarily due to signature campaign post requirements.

I cannot name a particular topic but, in general, the oldest topics are probably more useful and insightful. Of course, pinned topics are some of the most very useful topics as well.

I also cannot name particular users but I'm pretty sure most of the oldest members of this forum are genuinely drawn into discussions bringing their relevant couple of Sats.

Right now, we can only count with our fingers those users who share their deep knowledge in discussions without a paid signature at the bottom of their posts. I am not saying, of course, that having a paid signature does not make them helpful but perhaps a number of their constructive posts wouldn't have been made were they not after a certain number of posts within a certain period of time. 

I honestly can hardly think of any. It seems the forum is currently in its best shape. But, well:

• There should be a maximum number of merits that a user can send per post.
  • Inspired by Vod's BPIP, I guess the number of posts deleted by mods could also be made public in each user's profile. Somehow this is to easily distinguish a relevant or constructive poster from a mere spammer or troll. As a matter of fact, the number of times a user has been banned for whatever reasons should also be part of his/her public profile.
  • Total time logged in should also be made public. I bet there is a huge number of users here who just drop by to make a post, not even read previous posts, and then leave the forum. They're just probably complying with their campaign's posting requirement.

Yes, I do trade on exchanges, although much much lesser than before and mostly only during large swings. I also invested in a handful of ICOs before.

This definitely won't be a story but I've made a good amount of money during the golden days of ICO. Big losses would include the amounts which got scammed from me when I was a Bitcoin newbie, those losses from my failed trading days, and also when I converted a number of BTC when the price was very very low.

There are promises of DeFi that would really make the financial world a much better one. For one, DeFi is somehow leveling the playing field, the traditional financial services provided by traditional entities being more prone to discriminate. However, the risks of this new innovation are also worth noting. At this stage, DeFi, especially the individual platforms and apps, could have a lot of points of failure or loopholes which could easily be taken advantage by hackers and other online threats.

Anonymity, just like precaution, is a vital necessity.

Never read a book on crypto, only articles.

First and foremost, I'd advise everyone not to treat cryptocurrencies as mere investments.

But since the reality loudly speaks of them as investment opportunities, you better buy Bitcoin. The other two you buy based on their fundamentals. I prefer not to name any.

Let's just say around $17,000. This is just a wild guess, of course.

15. P. S.: Some answers are based on what I can only remember. Others are, of course, just honest and humble opinions of a crypto layman.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Yogee

Activity: 1512
Merit: 412

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 05:34:32 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

..... And the Wall Observer thread is an invaluable source of the pulse as to where btc is going (although its an acquired taste, and bring eye bleach)
I used to visit the wall observer before but I didn't see it as "an invaluable source of the pulse as to where btc is going". Most of the conversations I read  every time I go there were small talks. Maybe I just don't get it yet and I still have a lot of learning to do. I'll be lurking there again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 16482

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 07:50:36 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), Yogee (1)

I used to visit the wall observer before but I didn't see it as "an invaluable source of the pulse as to where btc is going". Most of the conversations I read  every time I go there were small talks.
The invaluable information is hidden in between large amounts of small talk. A monthly summary of all important things would be great, as I don't have the time to read all posts.

Maybe I just don't get it yet and I still have a lot of learning to do. I'll be lurking there again.
I made WallObserver.tk if you like scrolling.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zasad@ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 4244

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 01:03:45 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2020, 08:24:08 PM by zasad@
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Dude, you have to interview the mods, global mods and the admins. Chances are, most of them will be too busy to apply, but dammit try. I would love to read about them, as I just spend more time reading on this forum than actually posting(fml).
I'm waiting for an answer Smiley But I hope for a positive result.
I want to interview our crypto women, tell me the candidates?
I went to some of them and got rejected.

Many people ask me: "How do I choose candidates?"
In a random order, don't think that if I contact you later, then you are less interesting.

Isn't it time for zasad@ to also give an interview for the forum, answering practically the same questions?

I could even prepare a number of additional questions to the main ones? And then he himself created the topic and himself has not yet participated in it? What do you say? Wink
it will be later

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
UserU

Activity: 2002
Merit: 531

FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 01:25:43 PM

I want to interview our crypto women, tell me the candidates?

Wait, there are? 🧐

/kappa

.500 CASINO.██

▄

THE HOTTEST CRYPTO
CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
         ▄▄▄███████████
 ▄▄▄████████████████

▐████████████████████
 ██████████████████
 ▐██████████████████
 ▐█████████████████
  ██████████████████
  ██████▀█████▀█████
  ▐████████████████
  ▐██████████████
   █████████████████
   ▐██████████████████
    ▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄ ▄ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄▀▀▄▄
▄▀▄ ▀               ▀ ▄▀▄
█ ▄                     ▄ █
█ ▄  █████  ▄███▄  ▄███▄  ▄ █
█ ▄   ██▄▄   ██ ██  ██ ██   ▄ █
█ ▄   ▀▀▀██  ██ ██  ██ ██   ▄ █
█ ▄   ▄▄ ██  ██ ██  ██ ██   ▄ █
█ ▄  ▀███▀  ▀███▀  ▀███▀  ▄ █
█ ▄                     ▄ █
▀▄ ▀ ▄             ▄ ▀ ▄▀
▀▀▄▄ ▀ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀ ▄▄▀▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
████████▀██▀▀██▄▄
 █
█████████████████▄
 █
████████████████████
  █
██▄████▄███████▄███
  █
████████████████████
  █
███▀████▀███████▀███
 █
████████████████████
 █
█████████████████▀
█████████▄██▄▄██▀▀
 ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

ORIGINALS

SLOTS

LIVE GAMES

SPORTSBOOK

██..PLAY NOW..
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 02:22:36 PM
Merited by Yogee (1)

..... And the Wall Observer thread is an invaluable source of the pulse as to where btc is going (although its an acquired taste, and bring eye bleach)
I used to visit the wall observer before but I didn't see it as "an invaluable source of the pulse as to where btc is going". Most of the conversations I read  every time I go there were small talks. Maybe I just don't get it yet and I still have a lot of learning to do. I'll be lurking there again.

true enough. there is the drama and small talk but thats part of the WO "charm" for want of a better term.. other, less polite terms apply of course but i wont repeat them here.. and yes, you do need to read through a lot of fluff but its worth it imo.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 05:50:06 PM
Merited by zasad@ (2), Yogee (1)

O.k.  Finally, I am caught up in this thread, and I followed through with my personal resolution to read all of the interviews (does not mean that I understood anything that I may or may not have attempted to read... hahahahahaha).

Below are all of my responses to interviews and some other points that have been made in this thread as of the time of this post.  

Hopefully zasad@ does not conclude that I am cluttering this thread too much by making a variety of responses... and surely, after I have read through the interviews up-to-date, I feel a bit more prepared to read future interview responses and perhaps to attempt to get more out of them (as was my previous comment that I believe that it can be more difficult to get the flavor of a written interview, as compared with some kind of live or "in person" interview - and probably I am guilty of boring members to near death too when they try to read through lengthy responses that come from me from time to time).

Probably, too, I am going to tentatively agree with zasad@'s presumption that some advantages could come from a written format - at least in terms of members ability to link and also to customize their response in ways that might not be as easy to accomplish if the interviews were live and oral.

oops methinks i may of stepped in something

lol.  I got into bitcoin early, spent too early, and now I am set for major expenses but hurting for daily funds.  :/

I spent a decade here trying to educate people about bitcoin, and the danger of scammers;  I didn't use this forum to make money.

Would you consider writing some different questions for me?

I merited this particular post because I believe that it is good that you are willing to a customized interview, but really, like zasad implied here (and some of his other posts clarifying the interview process), each of us has an ability customize the amount that we answer or do not answer the general, all applicable, questions.

The reality of the matter is that even long time forum members are NOT necessarily going to know other forum members, even if they have an extensive history, so the questions allow each interviewed member to frame the answers in his/her own way, make a spin or be obscure in regards to various responses.

Implicitly you are correct Vod, in regards to some preference that zasad might tailor some of the interview specifically to you and maybe not have too many generic questions.. but even when I was going through my interview responses, I found that I could just mold the answers into the area that I would prefer to discuss.  Another thing could be that if you do the interview with the more generic questions, then some things that you say within your responses (or even some of your lack of responses) could trigger a follow up, even though I have not come across very much followup, beyond merely some very superficial questions to prior interviewees.  

Quickseller (Legendary)
I would also offer more paid ranks. The copper membership allows someone to be a‘member’ and users should have the ability to buy a paid membership that gives the features of a full member, and maybe a senior member (such as the signature privileges, posting frequently privileges and being able to post in the ivory tower)."

I did NOT know that there was any section of the forum that would be deemed as "ivory tower", which presumes that regular/normie members would not have access to such section of the forum.

Is this true, or merely a figure of speech coming from Quickseller?

I was even asked to pay several hundred thousand dollars for an interview Smiley

hahahaha

Mr. moneybags.  Tongue  I am sure that you refused to pay any higher than $50k, which would only be reasonable since you only paid me that amount.   Wink

..... I registered here for a shitcoin airdrop.

I read yours.. and holy moley!!!!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked      

I understand some of the criticisms of the WO thread, including accusations of circle jerking, both in the sense of merit sharing and also circle jerking in the sense of bitcoin maximalism.   I also understand some of the criticisms of the off-topicness and just getting through a flood volume of posts, especially during periods of relatively higher BTC price volatility...so there may be some ways to get some perusing advantage/utility from Loyce's wall observing perusal tool that he mentioned and linked above.

So, sure perhaps the WO thread is NOT going to be suitable for everyone.  I believe that I am lured to that thread so much because of the combination of the ability to have some common allegiances when it comes to beating upon shitcoins and shitcoiners, to be able to speak and post pretty freely (sure, I am personally part of the volume problem... I admit  Cry Cry ) and just to randomly be able to see what might be going on in the macro-news space, too, without necessarily being off topic - while at the same time just skipping posts that might devolve into off-topic subject matter that is not very appealing to my own personal preferences, and I think with any relatively "open topic" thread there are going to be some ideas that are posted, from time to time, that feel personally repulsive or revolting - but such posts still might generally be tolerated because there seems to be a bit of an anything goes tolerance in that thread, except for unduly pumpening or shillening shitcoins - and even a bit of moderate pumpening of shitcoins tends to be tolerated (probably because even some of the shitcoin pumpening does end up helping to assess some kind of a pulse on what is going on in broader cryptolandia that might also end up having some indirect, and even some times direct, impacts on kingdaddy).

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 16482

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 06:06:18 PM

I did NOT know that there was any section of the forum that would be deemed as "ivory tower", which presumes that regular/normie members would not have access to such section of the forum.

See Rules for Serious Discussion and Ivory Tower: anyone can read it, but not everyone can post.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 06:35:13 PM

See Rules for Serious Discussion and Ivory Tower: anyone can read it, but not everyone can post.

Thanks for the link Loyce.

Now that I looked at theymos's description of those sections and I browse through the thread titles of those sections, I recall coming across and looking at those sections previously (maybe a couple of years ago?)... yet I had forgotten that the forum had such sections, which probably goes to show that I have not been active in such sections (to date)... or if I had read or posted in any of the threads in either of those sections, I had not realized what section I was in.  Embarrassed

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 10:58:05 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), zasad@ (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I don't think I deserve to be interviewed at all, but zasad@ is taking a lot of effort for this and he reached out to me, so for that sake at least, here goes nothing:

Questions:

I don't remember exactly, but it was years ago. A friend of mine told me about it, I didn't really care about it in the start, later on I started liking crypto a lot, did a few trades, and yeah.

I'd say around 2016-2017. I didn't invest right at the start, I just had a lucky charm that gave me a boost. The lucky charm is something I don't talk about, and I would like for it to be my secret.

Oh boy, it was years ago, did a few google searches regarding crypto, found reddit and btt on there. And yeah that's about it.

4.1. What prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies?
Scams. The fact that anyone can just make a crypto from dust doesn't help either. Also, the crypto community went from being pure enthusiasts to money begging bastards.  

I think it doesn't really effect the forum at all, in terms of the "community". People don't care if you're a gambling site or bit-shitty-connect, they will advertise for you so long as you pay for them. Pretty shitty if you ask me, but hey that's humans for you.

The merit system is fine. Signature campaigns have dried but I see there are quite a few coming back now, its a hit or miss thing. And as far as sig campaigns are concerned, it has ruined the forum's whole point of existence. People just post crap and spam big words to make them feel smart and get paid. I can't do that even if i tried, that's just not who i am.

I'd say my favorite topic is Wall Observers Thread. That thread is just outright amazing. I'd love to have convos with the guys there(but I am scared, lowkey). There's everything in that one thread that the rest of the forum severely lacks: There's good moderation, amazing memes, like actual convos go on there like how discussion forums are supposed to be, and a bunch of very cool people. You guys have my respect!

Helpful Users: Suchmoon, QS, loyce, coolcryptovator, hilariousandco, JayJuangee, actually put the people from the whole chipmixer spreadsheet(frigging bunch of nerds, and all love to them, they overwhelm me very easily  Cry Cry) , and the WO thread guys. There are others whose posts I like reading, cant list them all can I?

Have a good communication between the admin team and the posters, better security(2fa and all), hire more mods and circulate some bitcoin with the community cause some of them deserve it.

I used to do this, yes. I want to get back to doing this, don't have the time for it Sad

Well, in a nutshell i lost two thousand fucking dollars on something that I don't even remember.

I have never heard of it up until now, google searched it, just ask smarter people than me.

One Hundred Percent a necessity. People don't understand privacy, and they need to teach this kinda stuff at school, but lets be real, that ain't gonna happen.

I am not a book guy.

Don't take my advice unless you also want a 2000$ loss (: .

Probably around 11k only I guess?

15. P.S. (Optional)
Forum has become extremely boring for me, its not the same. I want the old vibes Sad

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2215

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 11:49:33 AM
Merited by LoyceV (8), fillippone (6), DdmrDdmr (2), zasad@ (2), TheBeardedBaby (1)

Hello.
I want to interview you. I hope for your consent.

Please send me the answers, I will publish it or post the answers yourself, I will add the link in 1 post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5262967

Questions:

• When and why did you become interested in cryptocurrencies?

To answer that I have to go back to the world before BitCoin.  At the start of the 21st Century I had been interested in Cryptography and, mathematics (from a very young age) and happened upon PGP.  Reading through the documentation I could see the principals at work of one way equations.  By 2006 I had done some key-signings with some people I know on both sides of the ditch and had even sourced out GSWOT ( https://sites.google.com/a/gswot.org/gswot/resources/policy ) whereby you can front up to people - show your I.D. and get them to do the same and then sign each-others' Public Keys.  In a very James Bond moment, I turned up at a Military Base in the country I was in at that time, handed over my multiple Passports for scrutiny, a person was summoned, I was taken to a mess hall and did a key signing over coffee with a person stationed at that base.

Mid 2007 through mid / late 2009 I was living in a Motel and everything got put to one side until my home got built so I wasn't able to follow the trends around PGP. (1) Then, around late 2011, I started hearing about BitCoin but the Journalists weren't sure what they were talking about, so I at first had the impression it was a bank-to-bank transfer system along the lines of a Time Magazine article from 1998 & 1994. (2) & (3) It was only when one journalist's article talked about BitCoin being developed on the back of the PGP key-signing / Public / Private Keys that I sat up and took notice.
  • When and why did you buy your first bitcoin?

Ah - I'd tried to buy a whole BitCoin from monbux.  I'm still not sure what was going through his head at the time, but he wanted more and more information from me - date of birth, home address - the works.  I came to the conclusion that he was data mining as his requests for yet more information went far beyond what a normal person would want for a transaction (even one that was Pay Pal based)

Instead, I ended up finding out there was a BitCoin ATM in South Brisbane in a Coffee Roaster's/Cafe.  The coffee shop business was a front for criminal bike gangs to launder money, the local media had a frenzy when the police jubilantly announced they seized a BitCoin ATM in the raid (but the QPS never apologised when they found the ATM had nothing to do with the coffee shop other than some hapless owner of the ATM had chosen that particular shop/owners to approach to house their BTC ATM).

The  ATM ended up in Fish Lane South Brisbane.  Around the same time I went along to "meet-ups" for BitCoin Brisbane and met Lucas Cullan ( doof here on BCT) who was mining BitCoins with his PC and set up getpaidinbitcoin.com.au so between the BTC ATM in Fish Lane and the website I bought my first whole BitCoin which I divided into 20 bight sized paper wallets as gifts to the membership of LASFAPA - each receiving BTC 0.05000471 if you find wallet addresses starting 1Lasfapa... they were Vanity Generated by me.  The 0.05 was worth about $20 at the time I bought the coins, now they're worth about $ 585 at the time of writing this.

It was at the time I was Vanity Generating wallet addresses that I first encountered the new kid on the block LoyceV who was earning some donations for generating vanity wallets for others.  Occasionally I'd spot requests when he was offline, generate and post the end result for the user and always insist they pay LoyceV the tip not me.
  • How did you get on the forum?

As I said above I'd heard about BitCoin and did Bing Searches for it online.  There were some sites, but I found the forum through a link on an eBay listing for some alt coins that probably don't exists anymore.  At first I read many articles but didn't register.  Eventually I found the alt coin section and of course found the SexCoin thread who's siren call led me to signing up for the Forum.  After registering I would read posts, find something I wanted to comment on, log in, post, log-out, keep reading.  My hours online were tiny compared to many others.
    • You have spent a lot of time looking for cheaters on the forum. Is this a hobby or professional interest?

Ironically, I've been diddled out of less than $100 from a hand full of scammers, however, by staying with the Forum (as a result of those scams) I've made many times that back (as evidenced above) which I wouldn't have made if I'd just found the forum, stumbled upon the SexCoin thread and joined their own dedicated forum on another site.

So thank you scammers, I've profited from you scamming me.
    • How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?

I'm not the first one to note this year that many users wouldn't give the forum the time of day if they weren't being paid to post.  There are close to three million registered users, yet only ten or twenty thousand real users using the forum at the moment with BPIP.org saying there is around 90,000 actual active users.  If we met somewhere in the middle, the true number is around 45,000 users.  To put that into perspective, by doing a quick mental calculation says that's about 200 - 300 users per country world wide.
    • You have been on the forum for a long time and spend a lot of effort fighting other old members. Give advice to young members of the forum how to avoid mistakes and conflicts on the forum?

No, not me.  I say my piece then I am done.  You need to look to the flog-the-dead-horse threads such as the "pill addiction", "X is a Y" or "Z hurt my feelings" threads to see real inbred fighting occurring.  I don't start threads against other users except for scam accusations, or Investigations - One of the only cautionary tales I'd give my younger self would be to label some of the threads as "investigations" rather than actual "scam accusations" (and leave NEUTRAL trust feedback as opposed to the negatives) - In the end, the squealing Butt Hurt TM by sock puppet owners might have been the same.

If you want me to canvas a particular user or issue you might have to start naming names?

(snip)

I do not want to discuss old conflicts, because it can provoke new ones.

I fully agree, as I said above, I say my piece and then I am done.
  • The most useful forum topic? Most helpful users?

I really should take more notice of such things.  Some of the lists of topics should be pinned to the top.  *edit* Actually, the multiple stuck threads at top should be rolled into one new thread that's stuck at the top of the board.
  • 3 things you would implement on the forum?

Well...

The BitCoinTalk Forum is currently as toxic as Cryptopia was about four to six months before the first thefts of alt coins began.

• Introduce KYC, halt Copper/Gold/Platinum/Dilithium memberships and require signature campaigns to purchase a licence from the forum to advertise.

A user shouldn't have more than a main profile and corresponding "mobile" alt, there's no need for more alts with the exception of an [ANN] user profile such as for a new coin.  This feeds into my next point that Newbies shouldn't be allowed to post in certain sections.  The top 1,000 users on BPIP.org 's Most Recognised (myself included at rank 38) should be the first to be vetted by a third party KYC verifying company.  If you're in the top 1,000 chances are you are DT1 or DT2 (positive or negative) are likely to be a campaign manager, merit source, an admin, moderator or some other senior role in the Forum.

With regards to signature campaigns, the Forum should (for want of a better term) "licence" Campaign Managers and also the Signature Campaigns themselves.  The campaign I am participating in pays $60 per week with about 20 members.  If we used an example campaign paying $50 to 20 users that's $ 1,000 per week to just one campaign equaling $ 50,000 (thereabouts) per annum.  if there are twenty campaigns then that number increases to $ 1,000,000 per annum being invested year 'round in SigCamps.  (and that doesn't even canvas the high end Campaign that's paying close to $ 450 per person per week.

A one off license of $ 1,000 per campaign is not an unreasonable amount to ask I don't think.  If a campaign is struggling to run for 4 weeks, then it probably shouldn't run at all.  (same goes for the handful of campaigns that have moved from weekly to fortnightly / monthly payments to their participants).  I don't have any figures for what payments Campaign Managers receive for services rendered, but a one off purchase of a shield icon (think the paint brush icon from the Art Competition) tells people at a glance the person is recognized as a Campaign Manager.  The same shield/icon theme could apply to lenders, Merit Sources and Admin/Moderators etc.
    • Allow some threads / sections of the Forum to be visible to the public, but once you are registered, you can only gain access to more threads once you have climbed the membership ladder.  A Newbie really will have to earn their merits to rank up as they will be severely restricted in what they can read/reply to.  I've installed SMF Forums on external domains as well as being a moderator on the SexCoin Forum and have tested the rank Vs access quite extensively.  It only takes a few key strokes to implement.  It was also good to allow the mock Forum to be subjected to DDoS and the like - all I had to do was place some links in my Signature and the Russians then the Turks (and two specific IP's in New Zealand  - Dunedin and Wellington) came a knocking a plenty.  I'd left the Forum unattended for four months and something like a terabyte of porn had been uploaded which must have taken (even a robot) a LONG TIME to upload.  Again, with just a few key strokes that users' profile and everything they'd posted was gone in a matter of minutes.  It really isn't that hard which makes me wonder if theymos doesn't have full control of certain functions SMF is capable of.

When a UID is nuked, the corresponding Trust Feedback & Default Trust should also be wiped clean.
    • This third one is a little tricky.  There needs to be a formal structure to the Forum, a board, department heads and employees (not just mod/admin).  By all means theymos can keep the keys to the forum and be the department head for the forum's maintenance and upgrades (such as they are) but ultimately the Forum needs to look to protect itself with a more formalized structure and chain of command (and accountability).  At the moment no one will own up to the various post/thread deletion sprees that are going on judging by the discussions started about it.  Eventually someone is going to pull the plug on a high profile UID out of spite and not own up to it.

• Do you trade on exchanges or invest in projects?

These days neither.

I lost out parking coins on coinex.pw and then again on Cryptopia.co.nz ... and NovaExchange.com ...

What alt coins I had left I sold en-masse at the end of last year.
  • Tell a story about your big profit or big loss?

Because I'm not actually spending the funds I'm receiving from the Signature Campaigns I've been in, I'm spreading those funds in a few ways, firstly I've built up a nice little group of channels on my Eclair Lightning Network Node, next will be some alt coins to HODL for a while and thirdly I'm still trying to nutt out the time delayed transactions so that I can lock coins away for a year, two years, ten years as a medium term retirement plan.
  • What do you think about the DEFI ecosystem?

Like everyone else, I haven't heard of it before. (I've seen some spin online this week about it, but haven't gone into it too closely)
  • Is your anonymity a vital necessity or precaution?

I wasn't aware we were supposed to be anonymous otherwise I'd've picked a different name to the one I use on Social Media, Wikipedia, etc...
  • The last cryptocurrency book you read?

Crypto Book I couldn't tell you, (the one's I've browsed are get-rich-quick style works of fiction which were probably originally written for the Avocado / Emu Oil / next mining boom and reworded for the unsuspecting Crypto novice), but I'm always reading news items on various crypto news sites, most I pick up from links they post on Twitter.
  • Advise 3 cryptocurrencies/tokens for investment in the next 1-2 years?

Hmm, tough one.  The line between investing in Crypto as an end user and actually using Crypto for what it's intended has become very blurred.  People are forgetting you're actually supposed to make transactions with Crypto.  By all means invest in a project, but don't just HODL a bag or feed a whale by pumping and dumping.

For the next little while I'm putting the BitCoin I earn from Signature Campaigns into testing out the Lightning Network as well as creating numerous channels connected to far flung nodes, so BitCoin is my first choice.

Any crypto which ticks all the boxes:

• Is listed on an exchange
    • Has a working block-chain
    • Has a working wallet PLUS a working Android/iOS wallet
    • Their advertising and Social Media presence is interactive i.e. they engage with their audience, not just spew out information.
    • Was originally mined

Gets a tick from me (as long as it has a demographic that can make use of it.  Yes, I'm talking about examples such as SEXcoin or GameCoin here.  Having a "Tit, Titty, Nipple or Boob coin is just crass, but the name speaks for itself.  As does any "National" coins (again as long as they have wallet, block-chain, exchanges etc in place) they may start out as gimmicks, but so are many thousands of other coins out there.

I've steered clear of all ERC 20 / ETH (and clones) due to their instantly generating Billions, or even Trillions of coins which goes against the ethos of mine and spend coins starting with BitCoin.  "Be your own Bank" doesn't mean print all the coins yourself, or buy them from a central reserve - that's what Governments do - print money.

(Having said all of that I read a post only a day or two ago that suggested Bitcoin plus two new/near new and two old/well established coins, so I might have to broaden my horizons a little and invest in more alts...)
  • How much will Bitcoin cost at the end of 2020?

Probably sub $ 14k US
  • P.S. (Optional)

Best not feed the DT Trolls with anything they'd claim was an "ad hominem"  Roll Eyes
    • Which is how I know that some of the UID's that have posted PGP keys were generated by the same keyrings as other UID's otherwise seemingly unrelated.
    • Time Magazine - 27 April 1998 "The Future of Money" pp 46 - 55
    • Time Magazine - 25 July 1994 "The Strange New World of the Internet" pp 46 - 52

Thanks for inviting me to contribute and your suggestion for me to post this myself (if a little later than I'd hoped to).

allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 04:35:51 PM

Have you tried asking suchmoon for an interview?

I'd like to see that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: