Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Previous and Legitimate Business to Take Bitcoins? UP UP UP UP  (Read 1985 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:12:13 AM

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/12362-worlds-first-bitcoin-poker-payments-launched

The words in the title weren't completely mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 06:22:25 AM

Right or wrong, I'm glad it's here for I didn't see if posted anywhere else until now. I was jacking all over myself while reading the article until the very last line: it is currently not available to U.S. players.

Another nut wasted!
GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 08:38:56 AM

Right or wrong, I'm glad it's here for I didn't see if posted anywhere else until now. I was jacking all over myself while reading the article until the very last line: it is currently not available to U.S. players.

Another nut wasted!

With them accepting bitcoin - unless I'm missing something - I don't see how they can stop US players from playing so long as said players use a VPN.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 10:38:36 AM

With them accepting bitcoin - unless I'm missing something - I don't see how they can stop US players from playing so long as said players use a VPN.

I guess we'll have to wait and see whether the US DoJ targets Switchpoker in the same way it targeted other online gambling operators earlier this year.  It's got a .com domain and one of the things the DoJ did in its crackdown earlier this year was seize the domains of operators who were allowing people in the US to play.  I have little doubt that this will put Bitcoin on the DoJ's radar if it isn't there already.  It will probably also lead to the first attempt by a US government agency to define the legal status of Bitcoin.

Interesting times.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 04:36:35 PM

I opened the page, half of it regard iCrap things. I think it won't work on a normal pc with firefox  Cheesy
I'm sure that, if it work on a windows pc with firefox, there would be at least an icon about that, given all the space they managed to give to iFail things

coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:24:31 PM

Hasn't "the room" already been around for a while? http://betco.in/

Their poker app is HTML 5 and works in a browser.  I tried it on and android phone and tablet with no issues.  Free bump for them I guess.

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:30:30 PM

until the very last line: it is currently not available to U.S. players.

That's only a disclaimer.
Site that do not mention something like that tend to look very similar after a while : a bid eagle bearing medal reading "homeland security".
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:43:57 PM

Their poker app is HTML 5 and works in a browser.  I tried it on and android phone and tablet with no issues.  Free bump for them I guess.

Professional players aren't ready to play in bitcoin denominated accounts.  When you're making a tiny percentage playing thousands of hands a day, bitcoin volatility can kill you.  Without the professionals, you see what you get very clearly at betco.in: severely limited number of active tables.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 06:57:58 PM

Professional players aren't ready to play in bitcoin denominated accounts.  When you're making a tiny percentage playing thousands of hands a day, bitcoin volatility can kill you.  Without the professionals, you see what you get very clearly at betco.in: severely limited number of active tables.

A large bitcoin drop could kill you, but volatility evens out.

It's not that hard to hedge anyway. And anyone serious only has a fraction of their bankroll on the table. It doesn't take long to get it back to dollars. if you have 10% of your roll on the table/in coins then put 2% of your roll short bitcoin at 5-1 leverage.

I wouldn't do that because I think bitcoin exposure is +EV, but it's not a deal breaker for a thinking person.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 07:05:43 PM

It's not that hard to hedge anyway. And anyone serious only has a fraction of their bankroll on the table. It doesn't take long to get it back to dollars. if you have 10% of your roll on the table/in coins then put 2% of your roll short bitcoin at 5-1 leverage.

Or you could just use another poker room without the volatility. 

Poker "regs" are interested in grinding out a living playing poker not dealing w/ currency swaps, hedging, etc.

When someone makes it simple it will catch on.  If they don't it wont.

Regs create a stable playing environment. 
Thats draws the donkeys. 
Donks give money to the regs and the house takes their cut on that transfer of wealth.
Everyone is a winner.  (Donks are just playing for entertainment regardless if they know it or not).

Saying hedging Bitcoins using a website that 99.99% of the planet hasn't even heard of is beyond the point.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 10:02:28 PM

Or you could just use another poker room without the volatility. 

Poker "regs" are interested in grinding out a living playing poker not dealing w/ currency swaps, hedging, etc.

When someone makes it simple it will catch on.  If they don't it wont.

Regs create a stable playing environment. 
Thats draws the donkeys. 
Donks give money to the regs and the house takes their cut on that transfer of wealth.
Everyone is a winner.  (Donks are just playing for entertainment regardless if they know it or not).

Saying hedging Bitcoins using a website that 99.99% of the planet hasn't even heard of is beyond the point.

Exactly... sure hedging is easy if you know how to do it, but they don't want to have to figure it out.  They are more interested in how their Ko-Jack will fair in the next round, and turning their winnings into electricity for their computer and food for themselves.  Sure, they could shop at bitmunchies, but paying the power bill or rent with Bitcoins isn't so easy.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 11:14:09 PM

Nice move, and finally a website that gets to the point. I hope they make a killing with that. Smiley

Online gambling/poker/competitions are a great entry market for Bitcoin. A market that is global, wants the anonymity, but does not need complicated micro-transactions or other things heavy in new software. And it has serious money, far beyond the sort that Bitcoin saw so far. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: