Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Calls On Hackers to Attack Ethereum 2.0 in Exchange for Bug Bounty  (Read 417 times)
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 01:22:20 PM

I guess this is a good step towards security although I believe that there ain't perfect securities now that we're dealing with cryptocurrency.
I thought they already have white hat hackers in their team to handle this kind of penetration test to find bugs and vulnerabilities of Ethereum, it is a good bounty though.
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 01:23:54 PM

and now already answered why eth core team delay the release for ethereum 2.0 . they want to make sure there is no bug or anything bad that could be  main problem in future and give negative to ethereum price. this bug bounty will help alot eth core developt to accomplish vulnerability in system.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 01:35:37 PM

Ethereum is now calling hackers either ethical or black hat hackers to try and break their Ethereum 2.0 and received a reward.

With Ethereum's plans to launch its 2.0 protocol network, the open-source platform has also decided to tweak its blockchain project to perfection by calling all hackers and challenging them to break into two Ethereum 2.0 attack networks.

https://blockchain.news/news/ethereum-calls-hackers-attack-ethereum-exchange-bug-bounty

I think this is a good move in my opinion, they have open the floodgates for others to test it because going full live. At least this is sort of like testing it extremely thorough and careful way instead of releasing it then hackers breaking it and stealing money in the end.

They are not the first to have done that but it'sd guaranteed to give them an edge in the market if they have a hack-proof system they have done this kind of offer, they know the competition is very stiff there are new platform coming up and releasing it with a hackproof platform will give them a good edge.
andra73

Activity: 430
Merit: 10

terra-credit.com

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 01:43:41 PM

They are not the first to have done that but it'sd guaranteed to give them an edge in the market if they have a hack-proof system they have done this kind of offer, they know the competition is very stiff there are new platform coming up and releasing it with a hackproof platform will give them a good edge.
an innovation to continue to exist in the market. when an update is made it must be supported by a strong market. I think that is what the developer is trying to do.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 02:34:51 PM

There is a sense of confidence from the Ethereum developers side about the Ethereum 2.0 development, But I doubt it because the reward is too cheap, I don't think that the top calibre hackers are going to accept that offer, or maybe something will happen in that event thats why let us wait and see how the Ethereum 2.0 security will defend its system.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 02:42:01 PM

This is a good impression because the last time i checked the Ethereum developer said ETH2.0 will be delay next while Vitalik dont support the idea and want it to be done this year. I guess they fastrack some process which requires good examine and for them to be optimistic if the process is 100% executed they have to host hacker bounty.

shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 02:50:10 PM

this is a great idea from the project team side. It is important that the system is securely protected. Now the most important thing is security. Investors' money must be safe

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 03:10:55 PM

Ethereum is now calling hackers either ethical or black hat hackers to try and break their Ethereum 2.0 and received a reward.

With Ethereum's plans to launch its 2.0 protocol network, the open-source platform has also decided to tweak its blockchain project to perfection by calling all hackers and challenging them to break into two Ethereum 2.0 attack networks.

https://blockchain.news/news/ethereum-calls-hackers-attack-ethereum-exchange-bug-bounty

I think this is a good move in my opinion, they have open the floodgates for others to test it because going full live. At least this is sort of like testing it extremely thorough and careful way instead of releasing it then hackers breaking it and stealing money in the end.
At least now they are talking?
for the  whole year  that  people are talking when this will coming out and now here we are,they are challenging hackers  to test their  2.0 version just to prove people about their legitimacy and goodness?

this is a great idea from the project team side. It is important that the system is securely protected. Now the most important thing is security. Investors' money must be safe
Yeah just like what FortuneJack site did recently  to  try  looking for Bugs  in their gambling sites.

anyway  i am the one who will surely be happy because of this  meaning they are sooner to release  the  ETH 2.0.
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 11:03:59 AM

Any update or any progress on the bounty? Did someone really break their system or if someone get paid already by Ethereum developers?

Or if white hackers are really interested on their offer? Really be interesting how things will turn about this offerings to the public.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 03:31:13 PM

Any update or any progress on the bounty? Did someone really break their system or if someone get paid already by Ethereum developers?

Or if white hackers are really interested on their offer? Really be interesting how things will turn about this offerings to the public.
until now I think there is still no one who can hack the ethereum platform that is still newly developed, so I think ethereum 2.0 will be safe when used, hopefully there will be no problems when approaching the launch of the project.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
helloinox

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 04:58:59 PM

This is just a usual marking way to boast about the security of your network. This is a good move to send a signal toward any hackers out there about how serious ETH 2.0 is and reassure ETH 2.0 investors. Smart move indeed.
TravelMug

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 01:35:36 AM

until now I think there is still no one who can hack the ethereum platform that is still newly developed, so I think ethereum 2.0 will be safe when used, hopefully there will be no problems when approaching the launch of the project.

Ok thanks for the update, it's just weird though that no one has claim so far if there are really hackers trying to break their system.

So I wouldn't say it is safe though, maybe we find loopholes when they officially release it for public, and there is where the real test will be.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
b1k4ng

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 06:29:10 AM

Ok thanks for the update, it's just weird though that no one has claim so far if there are really hackers trying to break their system.

So I wouldn't say it is safe though, maybe we find loopholes when they officially release it for public, and there is where the real test will be.
maybe until now the hacker is still trying to find a bug, if anyone has managed to break into the ethereum will certainly make an announcement and I agree with you if the real challenge or test when it was launched

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2020, 06:46:09 AM

maybe until now the hacker is still trying to find a bug, if anyone has managed to break into the ethereum will certainly make an announcement and I agree with you if the real challenge or test when it was launched
Probably there is but I doubt they will publicised this information. Its not that I dont trust Vitalik but this will affect for sure the market price once someone or anyone show that there are some errors or loopholes on their launch. Its too bad for now, to have this cause eth is constantly rising and we could expect more surge when they deploy the mainnet already. I think this will be the highlight of ethereum network since then.

blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 03:29:23 PM

I'm sure if any hackers found an exploit in ETH 2.0's network, they would rather use it to making some money first before thinking about report it to receive rewards. Anyways, Ethereum must be really confident about the security of their network.
Yaunfitda (OP)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 593

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 01:05:48 PM

@TravelMug - yes, so far no one is claiming that they have broke Eth 2.0, but I'm sure there could be trying to find a loophole as we speak.

@blue_hurricanger - that's one possibility as well, maybe the hackers doesn't want to come out with their findings because it's going to be worth more than $5k if they found a high severity bug in the new code.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 810

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 01:09:07 PM

I'm sure if any hackers found an exploit in ETH 2.0's network, they would rather use it to making some money first before thinking about report it to receive rewards. Anyways, Ethereum must be really confident about the security of their network.

I'm sure that they are confident about the security of their network, but who knows, we all know that hackers has the capability to find several loopholes and no matter how you developed your program, there could be some vulnerabilities that you can't catch.

But if there are no hackers claiming that bounty, it could be (a), they are not interested on the bounty, (b) the code is perfect or (c) they have found some vulnerabilities but are not willing to disclosed at this time and waiting for the bounty to go up.
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 01:20:43 PM

Good actions from Ethereum, Bug Bounty will certainly provide interesting things for Ethereum 2.0 later, if the hacker success to hack,
I think Ethereum 2.0 will delay again, and make it even better, but this is very risky, I hope a good hacker follows this program,

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Ozero

Activity: 2058
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:22:52 PM

and now already answered why eth core team delay the release for ethereum 2.0 . they want to make sure there is no bug or anything bad that could be  main problem in future and give negative to ethereum price. this bug bounty will help alot eth core developt to accomplish vulnerability in system.
This is a good decision from the ethereum development team. It is better to immediately provide an opportunity to attack the updated ethereum by various hackers than they will do on their own when the improvements are launched. At the same time, it indicates that the improvements are in the final stages and soon, finally, we will be able to see the results of this work.

TravelMug

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 11:12:21 PM

@TravelMug - yes, so far no one is claiming that they have broke Eth 2.0, but I'm sure there could be trying to find a loophole as we speak.

I'm a bit hesitant right now, if there's no one coming forward to report or at least find some bugs, then I doubt that there will be someone. I'm under the impression that at least one or two bugs with severities will be found by these white hackers.

Anyhow, let's continue to wait and see, and I do hope the Eth2.0 devs really did a good job and not totally relying to these bounty to test their system. They should do their own testing, just saying.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x