Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:22:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20-Year-Old Robinhood Customer Dies By Suicide After Seeing A $730,000 Negative  (Read 1029 times)
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 08:01:47 PM

That’s a really heart breaking news. Indeed, everyone should learn something for it. Trading is a game of ups and downs, so you need to be smart enough and pull the plug when everything is going south. Life cannot always be full of ups and no downs. If you can earn huge profits in crypto, you could also lose big so be ready for any situation.

I hope every trader reading this post takes a note of this very basic rule which most of the people in the crypto space follow “Do not invest or trade money which you cannot afford to lose”.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 07:42:06 PM

Hopefully the suicide incident as happened to the 20 year old Robinhood customer will not happen again. Hopefully this tragedy can become
a lesson for all of us, especially newbies to first learn all the features on the websites where we trade. So there is no misunderstanding.
My advice for newbies is always to use money that we can afford to lose, not greed over us when trading. So even if we lose money, it won't
be stressful. And we are more ready to accept if we suffer losses.

I'm fairly sure it won't happen again. Once you're dead, there's no doing it twice.

I don't have any sympathy for cases like this. I mean, why kill yourself over a $730,000 debt? Most US college students are in over $100k debt, and plenty of people pay it off.

He could simply emigrate to a country with no extradition laws and start a new life, and yet he kills himself over this? Insanity.

He must have had a lot of other shit going on in his life at the same time or suffered from clinical issues, as this isn't normal behavior. Throw your life away over money? WTF.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 08:17:23 PM

Hopefully the suicide incident as happened to the 20 year old Robinhood customer will not happen again. Hopefully this tragedy can become
a lesson for all of us, especially newbies to first learn all the features on the websites where we trade. So there is no misunderstanding.
My advice for newbies is always to use money that we can afford to lose, not greed over us when trading. So even if we lose money, it won't
be stressful. And we are more ready to accept if we suffer losses.

It is not really something that you could learn from their features as what I have read it was the UI's fault that the RH didn't actually put some disclaimer/warning that there might be a little problem if there's a delay on their system. As myself maybe I will felt the pressure if that's going to happen to me but taking my own life is just too much. That's why we really need to know everything in trading to fully understand if there might be some kind of a problem like in RH UI.

You  should really be aware into those possibilities or scenarios but people are just way too emotional and do directly make out actions without even thinking
that there might be some sort of problem or whatsoever. When you do saw that theres something isnt right then you should always have the verifying kind of
attitude.Robinhood does really have a fault in this one yet it do talks about UI or some technical errors which cause for the boy to suicide but we cant say that
they would took all the blame on that thing since that boy is rushing up on ending up his own life.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: