Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Never try any Wallet for freebies, Use only trusted Wallets  (Read 230 times)
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 09:52:25 PM

I am.not familiar with the list of wallets being mention above but I guess that would be good since other users agreed to it. Yes, we need a good wallet to store our crypto especially bitcoin but when it comes to storing huge amount of bitcoin the ideal wallet to store it with are those offline wallets. Electrum may work best here nd other devices like Jet Cash had been receiving.  Anyway, there are also exchanges that can be like a wallet too but this is discourage of course we know that exchanges are target to hacking activities.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 10:06:57 PM

It's like that with most things. The more you pay the better service you get.

A free wallet from unknown source will usually be a scam. A trusted free wallet will be better but a hardware wallet will be the best and the safest.

Don't forget to verify the key when you download any of the wallets and get a copy of all your keys and phrases in case you download that trojan that encrypts your files.
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 09:47:26 PM

There is one thing of free wallet that forces someone to download such wallet, its either bounty campaigns or airdrop campaign. Participants would be promised to rewards in the newly downloaded wallet while theyvrush to download it, while at end might not or revive payments, via the app, to be on a safe side, no not operate with app that require you to fund into it as there is no testing of app with fund from users, any platform asking for fund is a complete scam one. The wallets you mentioned above are the well recognised and easy to used wallet as constitute a less fee and fast transaction coefficient.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2020, 10:10:48 PM

I like your post since this is a awareness especially newcomers not to trust anyone especially when it comes to crypto funds or crypto wallets. However, as I read some replies I notice that there are threads already being made that was good to check for a list of trusted wallet in cryptocurrency.

I guess that it is a good practice to always be aware or be cautios in making decisions of cryptocurrency. And helping others out not get involved or jump in to the things that are not familar. Half bake knowledge is dangerous especially when it involves funds or money. I think that the best way to deal with cryptocurrency is to always ask here and see that there will be users willing to extend and give their help.

And here if there are good offer about cryptocurrency especiallynearning huge fast and easy then start to wonder it already because it is possible that it is a fraud or scamming activity. As what they say that if it is good to be true probably isn't always correct

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: