Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty thread with self moderated lock  (Read 520 times)
Dariusburst

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 07:53:26 AM

Guys please be careful with bounty campaign threads that is self moderated by the bounty manager, it means you won't be able to ask questions or raise an alarm in the thread, presently it's what the bounty manager of ibidtowin project did. Most self moderated bounty thread are scam
Self moderated bounty threads are not necessary unless the bounty manager and team has something hidden going on, it's more or less that the project isn't a transparency on, it's better to avoid such bounty projects because the ending will be hurtful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 08:38:30 AM

You can question it if done by a new account who happens to be the bounty manager of the team but from an independent bounty manager coming from here I don't think it will be questionable if you question the project an independent bounty manager will gladly answer it but not from bounty manager that is part of the team, they do not want to be exposed.

New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 08:51:02 AM

Self moderated bounty threads are scam projects, the reason why its self moderated is to avoid any scam busting posts or comments, I don't advice anyone to join any project using self moderated thread for their bounty campaigns
Maxstl007

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 09:39:49 AM

If a project is pure and transparency the team or bounty manager don't need to use any self moderated strategy, it will only give the project a bad reputation and people who understands what self moderating means will stay away
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 10:30:35 AM

Self-moderated threads are the problem, especially when they also use multiple accounts to hype the project and write cool reviews.
That's why we still have forum moderators that oversee the quality of these topics.  Smiley

Ifemini

Activity: 690
Merit: 12

There are consequences for every action

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2020, 12:36:43 PM

Guys please be careful with bounty campaign threads that is self moderated by the bounty manager, it means you won't be able to ask questions or raise an alarm in the thread, presently it's what the bounty manager of ibidtowin project did. Most self moderated bounty thread are scam

A question that should come to mind at first should be that why would a bounty manager make a bounty thread self moderated? In the case of ibidtowin, there are so many irregularities and to be frank, it has earned the ibidtowin bounty several red trust; the ibidtowin lied about project partnership, have an invisible team, and still moderated a bounty thread; i have no idea why people still promote the ponzi platform.
Mister.Satan

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 02:11:14 PM

My experience with self-moderated thread is very normal like any other thread. The only one that got remove or delete is usually off-topic or spam without any contribution to the thread. Most bounty thread today are just filled with weekly report posts so even if they are self-moderated, no one seriously uses it for any discussion.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 02:53:47 PM

A question that should come to mind at first should be that why would a bounty manager make a bounty thread self moderated? In the case of ibidtowin, there are so many irregularities and to be frank, it has earned the ibidtowin bounty several red trust; the ibidtowin lied about project partnership, have an invisible team, and still moderated a bounty thread; i have no idea why people still promote the ponzi platform.

If its true that its a ponzi scheme then participants should also be warned about it so they will stop promoting ponzi  scheme campaign.

I see that they paid participants in USDT but im affraid if they will going to pay those  participants if its true that they are running a ponzi scheme here. They will oNly use that payment as advantage to get many advertiser here in this forum but in the end they will work for nothing since the payment is not secured in escrow.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Taufik blackspade team

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 03:02:41 PM

My experience with self-moderated thread is very normal like any other thread. The only one that got remove or delete is usually off-topic or spam without any contribution to the thread. Most bounty thread today are just filled with weekly report posts so even if they are self-moderated, no one seriously uses it for any discussion.
locking the bounty thread should only be done when the project is completed or stopped. it will reduce the spammer to be too noisy in the thread. for the discussion thread, this key function is very important and the moderation of the OP must continue.
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 03:24:53 PM

Self moderated threads are 80% scam or having something to hide, it's an tend to cheat or avoid comments from people that are a a bit curious about the new project, stay away for your own good or get scammed and cheated in the end

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 03:35:04 PM

You can always raise an alarm if you see something wrong, post it in their thread if they delete then you can have a thread on the scam or reputation sections to raise an alarm if you see something wrong about a particular project, if I am the bounty manager I prefer  not moderate it, lest I see a thread about the project in the scam section, and it also depends on the character and the kind of bounty manager moderating the thread. 
gikere

Activity: 171
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 03:56:29 PM

Self moderated threads are 80% scam or having something to hide, it's an tend to cheat or avoid comments from people that are a a bit curious about the new project, stay away for your own good or get scammed and cheated in the end
That's a too harsh view, man. There is always scam lurking or operating right now in bitcointalk and nothing we could do about it until the unveil their trick and got call out. Like any thread could be possible made by them, not just self moderated thread alone. 80% scam from self moderated is a long stretch.
Annamike

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 04:31:31 PM

Thank you for pointing this out, it's really bad enough cos most of the Bounty mangers are now using it as a way to do exactly as they want which to me isn't ideal, we'll have made the mistake once and don't intend to repeat again

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 05:47:52 PM

Then you can open a thread in the reputation if you think that bounty manager is not addressing the issues but I seldom see bounty campaign that are locked, what are locked are the announcement thread which is a big no no in case want to question the potential and truthfulness of the project

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 06:16:53 PM

You actually made a whole lot of sense, I guess it's best we watch out for self moderated thread especially for bounties. I doubt if the participants of ibidtowin would be getting their reward, though it's expected that the bounty should be over by ending of this month. The telegram group feels abandoned even when I enquired.
Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 06:21:41 PM

I was see the bounty campaign that you mentioned seen as a con project although held by a high ranking manager does not guarantee that the bounty will be paid going forward be more careful in choosing the correct bounty check

yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 08:31:03 PM

Yes, I also agree with your words. Usually there are no extraneous conversations in the bounty thread, except for reporting. All questions about the bounty are resolved in telegram groups. Therefore, I also don't see anything criminal in these threads. But this is just my experience.
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 11:15:54 PM

Yes, I also agree with your words. Usually there are no extraneous conversations in the bounty thread, except for reporting. All questions about the bounty are resolved in telegram groups. Therefore, I also don't see anything criminal in these threads. But this is just my experience.

Totally agree. I don't think self-moderating thread is scam proof. Self-moderation is not only about removing unflattering posts but keeping the thread tidy (in theory). In addition, there are many ways to report a scam, for example in a specially created section or giving a negative trust OP, which are definitely better than entering an accusation in the post in the middle of a several-dozen-page thread that will be lost under hundreds of bounty hunters reports ... what's more, bounty hunters rarely they read the content of the thread, only enter their reports (and it is not surprising because there is nothing interesting to read there) ..

kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 11:58:41 PM

Again, actually, it is their own right to make their bounty thread self-moderated or not. It is to avoid spam posts and it may be useful.
However, the problem is like what have you said, this feature is also used by many scammers to make many more scams and also fool of the members. In this case, they only give positive reviews or replies from the members (we do not even know if those members are their fake account or not). But, if they are really a scam, they will always delete the negative review about the project.

It will be different from the project that is not a scam, if they got negative reviews or replies on their thread, they will commonly make some confirmation and also answers on the thread in order to make clarifications about the problem, not deleting.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Jonyshake71

Activity: 332

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 06:51:43 PM

absolutely true mate.sellf moderated is dangerous specifically for annonucment thread.for me, I avoided so many bounty in past after seeing scam alert from bitcointalk members, specifically from dt members. I also prevent my self investment on project after seeing logical negative feedback in annonucment thread.but if those were self moderated, that could harmful for me

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: