Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Tether (USDT) flips Ethereum (ETH)?  (Read 605 times)
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:28:54 AM

I don't think there is too much to read into it if it does happen. After all USDT is used to trade for any digital asset and there are many if them but ethereum is something very different .

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 09:27:25 AM

I do not think that it would be a problem, market cappitalization doesn´t mean that such amount of money is put into the Ethereum. Market cappitalization is calculated on the price and number of tokens. And if you think about it, Tether wouldn´t fight with Ethereum because Tether can´t work without the Ethereum network. Of course that they can move into other chain, but Ethereum has the most active users and it is user friendly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 10:44:09 AM

Not really sure why something would happen if Tether becomes #2, it probably will at some point, as they can pump new tether out whenever they want. I dont think many people see Tether as any type of threat to other currencies, it is just there, it exists as a hedge and not as an investing opportunity, so who really cares.
3meek

Activity: 2394
Merit: 673

God, save BTC!

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 11:08:50 AM

With this rate of printing USDT, Tether next year will be able to overtake BTC in terms of capitalization and take first place in the top! Grin

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 12:33:34 PM

It seems to me that the growth of Tether's capitalization may indicate that the community of cryptocurrency users will increase, since USDT is an intermediary between national currencies and cryptocurrencies, as well as an asset that makes it possible to minimize their losses during the instability of the cryptocurrency market. In addition, important assets such as USDT are best suited to the erc20 platform.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 04:26:31 AM

An increase in the level of USDT capitalization cannot affect the prospects of individual cryptocurrencies, including ethereum. Even if this stablecoin takes the second position on the CoinMarketCap table, nothing will change. After all, stablecoins simply help in working with cryptocurrency. This will only indicate that among other types of stablecoins, market participants prefer this coin. The situation may soon change with the emergence of stable coins of states, such as the digital yuan.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 06:42:05 PM

Every time, when any cryptocurrency approaches Ethereum, the question immediately arises: will it turn out that Ethereum will give up its leadership? I've seen this kind of question a few times over the years and every time Ethereum stays in second place. In general, I do not understand why this should be done? To compare? Ethereum is not just a cryptocurrency, it is a whole ecosystem that is very developed and has great support. As for USDT, all that is happening now is just the impact of the DeFi boom, nothing more.

Maybe people ask such questions because they think Ethereum will eventually be replaced in the future. If the world's second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap doesn't adapt to the latest trends in the crypto/Blockchain space, it'll be "flipped" by another altcoin. As for Tether surpassing Ethereum in terms of market cap, it wouldn't make any difference. That's largely because Tether is a stablecoin while Ethereum is a cryptocurrency used as "gas" for smart contracts to perform computations across the network. They're completely different things. The same way as you, I think Tether's rise is related to the "De-Fi" hype surrounding the industry. Once the hype is over, Tether might go all the way down the drain.

One thing for sure, is that Tether (the company) keeps printing new coins on the Blockchain. This could effectively pump USDT's market cap in a blink of an eye. But the stablecoin's price will always be $1 USD. The more Tether becomes used in the mainstream world, the better it'll be for Ethereum's long-term success. It's a win-win situation if you ask me. If Tether fails at some point in the future, it can be replaced by another centralized stablecoin without any negative effects on the crypto market (at least in the long term). Time will tell us what lies ahead with the future of stablecoins as governments introduce a series of regulations to the crypto/Blockchain space. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sallasvve

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 10:08:32 PM

I do not think that it would be a problem, market cappitalization doesn´t mean that such amount of money is put into the Ethereum. Market cappitalization is calculated on the price and number of tokens. And if you think about it, Tether wouldn´t fight with Ethereum because Tether can´t work without the Ethereum network. Of course that they can move into other chain, but Ethereum has the most active users and it is user friendly.

It is worth remembering that the larger the capitalization of the USDT, the less interest is guaranteed in cash dollars. Therefore, the larger the capitalization, the more risky this asset becomes.

Cryptoababe

Activity: 700
Merit: 18

Do it For Better Humanity

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 12:10:10 AM

If usdt flips Ethereum, everyone will still prefer, Ethereum to usdt. As I can see so far, USDT will only be a price booster for Ethereum and the whole crypto market. So, USDT is only for trading and does not really have any special purpose.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 03:08:21 AM

If usdt flips Ethereum, everyone will still prefer, Ethereum to usdt. As I can see so far, USDT will only be a price booster for Ethereum and the whole crypto market. So, USDT is only for trading and does not really have any special purpose.
Many people prefer to secure their assets in USDT because indeed the stable price movement will make the asset safe and will not be exposed to the risk of loss because if you store in Ethereum the price can collapse at any time, not only that with USDT it can also be used for many markets , so many choose to store assets in USDt rather than ethereum, ethereum is only used for trading and making profit.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
usekevin

Activity: 2198
Merit: 555

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 03:26:13 PM

With this rate of printing USDT, Tether next year will be able to overtake BTC in terms of capitalization and take first place in the top! Grin

Bitcoin is the King of cryptocurrency, so it won't be replaced by any other cryptocurrency. Tether is a good project ,it may be agreed.But the bishop or horse in chess will not replace the King in the board.When the price of bitcoin or Ethereum is dump,traders use to convert to USDT to get escape from the loss.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 08:11:58 PM

when you talk of volume, i think USDT will pass Ethereum at the long run but i doubt if it will happen now. i also think Usdt might dominate all trading exchanges as long as there are high liquidity in cryptocurrencies. people will always exchange with usdt to save their funds. Most exchanges Like Bitmax have huge volumes on Usdt more than in BTC and Eth.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 01:37:26 AM

when you talk of volume, i think USDT will pass Ethereum at the long run but i doubt if it will happen now. i also think Usdt might dominate all trading exchanges as long as there are high liquidity in cryptocurrencies. people will always exchange with usdt to save their funds. Most exchanges Like Bitmax have huge volumes on Usdt more than in BTC and Eth.

Tether will surpass Ethereum in terms of trading volume and transactional activity. But it'll never be able to overcome Ethereum in terms of market cap. Both crypto assets are different from the other. Since Tether is a stablecoin, it's essentially Fiat 2.0. On the other hand, Ethereum is a volatile cryptocurrency that also serves as a platform for smart contracts (decentralized applications). Given that Tether lives on the ETH blockchain, its success will ultimately benefit the parent blockchain itself. It's a win-win situation for both assets.

The general public won't see it this way, leading them to make decisions based on a crypto assets' market cap. If they see Tether become the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, they'll invest in it more than Ethereum itself. That's the way it works as people are driven by greed more than anything else. Ethereum will be here to stay no matter how far Tether goes. The company will continue to print new USDT on the Blockchain in order to raise the stablecoin's market cap. But smart people will base themselves on a crypto's real use cases for the mainstream world instead of hype. Since all USDT transactions require ETH to be processed by the Blockchain, Ethereum has nothing to lose. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
blockchainponzi

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 01:51:05 AM

Well, we already have unlimited supply of FIAT money. so no thank you, don't want extra "paper money"" denoted digitally in the form of USDT.  Grin

Ethereum has many great things coming up. ethereum 2.0 will come faster that you can imagine unless you are an active developer contributing to the ecosystem closely.

All "flippening is notional".
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 08:31:54 AM

Capitalization is just one aspect, Tether can get through, but they won't be able to create smart contracts and help people build DAPPs.
Ethereum is getting a revamp and will launch version 2.0. If this version is not good then another project will emerge and everyone will leave Ethereum.

jdnthny

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

Futurov

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 09:20:20 AM

It can be really possible for tether to flips with ethereum in the marketplace however I dont think this will happen so fast and I think it will take a long time before it will happen.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V   │  The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 07:40:05 PM

Experts explain the further growth of the market share of Tether by its wide acceptance in the cryptocurrency industry and its connection with the dollar — the world's reserve currency. Tether might take the second place after BTC, but I do not think that it will affect the significance of ETH. Actually, almost nothing will change. USTD has simply become the simplest and very convenient tool for accessing Bitcoin.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 10:58:12 AM

Every coin has a purpose it was created for. Tether is a stablecoin and it’s being used by so many traders to save value when they are trading. Right now the market cap is even more than the $10 billion you have said here, it’s currently at $15 billion.

Even it happens to beat Ethereum to get to the second position, it still doesn’t change anything, people are still just going to be making use of it simply for trading. I haven’t seen anyone that’s using it for any other thing apart from that. Whereas Ethereum is being used for a lot of things and even if it should drop from that second position, it’s still going to be considered one of the biggest.
Pito001

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 12:46:00 PM

USDT market cap will grow as global crypto market cap will grow too. They can live together with eth without any problems

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 06:52:01 PM

Capitalization is just one aspect, Tether can get through, but they won't be able to create smart contracts and help people build DAPPs.
Ethereum is getting a revamp and will launch version 2.0. If this version is not good then another project will emerge and everyone will leave Ethereum.

Exactly. Market capitalization is nothing, as it only reflects the value of an specific cryptocurrency's circulating supply. What matters here is usability and mainstream adoption above anything else. Both Tether and Ethereum are different from the other because of the way they were designed. Saying that Tether will replace Ethereum is like saying Fiat (USD, Euro, etc.) will replace crypto. Fiat will always dominate the market because it's the unit of account in the mainstream economy. This means that Tether's USDT stablecoin might come on top (in terms of market cap) within the not-so-distant future. But Ethereum will remain in the lead of the smart contracts space regardless of its current position on the market. We might as well focus on each cryptocurrencies' use cases, instead of figuring out which will overcome the other.

All in all, Ethereum has nothing to lose since Tether relies on Ethereum to succeed. After all, people need ETH to process USDT transactions. The more USDT grows in usage, the more adoption ETH will experience in the mainstream world. It's a win-win situation for both crypto assets. With ETH 2.0 coming soon, Tether will be able to enjoy faster transaction confirmation times at a fraction of the cost. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: