Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:32:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Section Headers on Microsoft Edge  (Read 153 times)
Shimmiry (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:28:40 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2020, 02:43:27 AM by Shimmiry
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

Good day, guys!

Recently as I browse the forum on my laptop, more specifically on Gambling Discussion, I've noticed a header (as I use Microsoft edge).

As you can see, there were a short description on what the section was for. But I also tried once logging on Opera and I found nothing.

Then I was curious why Opera doesn't have so I've downloaded 3 more browsers: Vivaldi, Brave, and Chrome, and the pictures are below correspondingly.

So I would want to ask why such browsers doesn't support what the Microsoft Edge does. Or am I the only one having this kind of feature?

ANSWERED!
Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences -> "Show board descriptions inside boards"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 02:39:14 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2020, 03:12:28 PM by bL4nkcode

I didn't see such message on firefox, I tried to chect it on brave but it isn't either, also on microsoft edge, its new version.

For sure that message isn't from microsoft edge either. I have a feeling that message appears only if its your first time to open that board, but that's only an assumption though.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 02:52:48 PM

It's on the  board index page, but why would you want it on the thread index page?

It looks like another annoying useless change that Microsoft has made.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 02:53:47 PM

In Tor Browser (AKA Firefox) it shows up when I'm logged in and doesn't show up when I log out. I'm not going to try any other browsers but I would be surprised if it depends on a browser.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 07:20:46 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7)

Did you log in to the same account on each browser? The board descriptions is a setting which can be toggled on and off in your profile settings. It doesn't show up if you aren't logged in, and its default is setting is off, I believe.

Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences -> "Show board descriptions inside boards"
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 07:36:23 PM

There you go, mystery solved. I have no idea when or why I turned that on.
Shimmiry (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:34:33 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (2)

Did you log in to the same account on each browser? The board descriptions is a setting which can be toggled on and off in your profile settings. It doesn't show up if you aren't logged in, and its default is setting is off, I believe.

Yes I did but only on some as shown on pictures. I think I'll re-edit my profile preferences just to make sure that everything would work fine now. And I don't know why other browsers doesn't show that maybe it was a bug or the browsers haven't support. Thanks for solving my curiosity! I'm gonna edit the thread with the answers you've posted and lock it now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: