Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:39:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195643 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:57:24 AM

This is what we're showing from the last 100 transactions in our public facing peering node:

coind@xtc:~$ ./cleanwatercoind listtransactions "" 100 | grep orphan
        "category" : "orphan",
coind@xtc:~$

That's 28 or 28%

YIKES!

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:01:38 PM

Just a quick heads up -- woke up to find "check point errror" this morning.

Also I noticed that the getpeerinfo is showing all of our peers as :

"subver" : "/cleanwatercoin:0.7.2/",

Is this a factor?

Let me know what other ways we can help get this coin back online?

-dvd

Mindfox - does the above mean that these nodes are all still on the old wallet? Didn't you build the new wallet so it will only connect to nodes who are on the most current wallet? Or did you forget to update the version number that the new wallet broadcasts?

My wallet is still showing the checkpoint error and I have downloaded the blockchain from scratch 3 times now.

The block explorer is stuck at 12:23 on August 20th.

I guess we can say goodbye to any hope of ever getting back on Bittrex.

TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 01:33:16 PM

Mindfox - does the above mean that these nodes are all still on the old wallet? Didn't you build the new wallet so it will only connect to nodes who are on the most current wallet? Or did you forget to update the version number that the new wallet broadcasts?

My wallet is still showing the checkpoint error and I have downloaded the blockchain from scratch 3 times now.

My recommendation is that everyone take a really deep breath, hold it for at least five seconds and then exhale slowly...

We've come an incredible distance in a very short time!

I agree with YouIsPeng that more design and testing should be conducted.  Its something we're hoping to bring to the table with the lab we're setting up.

The reality for most coinbases is that its a volunteer effort -- performed largely "between the rain drops" and often by one individual.

CleanWaterCoin unlike 99% of the other coins has an organization behind it -- a nonprofit with a mission.

Bittrex is a for-profit business who behaves rationally out of self-interest.  If they can generate revenue, especially a profit from helping to facilitate transactions, they will list a coin.

doabitofgood.com will be unveiling its own exchange capabilities this fall.  In fact our first exchange will be the ability to "GIVE-WATER"

The reality however is that if anything, centralized exchanges are soon going to become dinosaurs.  P2P exchange is the next big thing, and in order to do that we need to have a trust model in place.  That's something my team is busy developing in our http://www.idcoins.org concept.

My long term vision for WATER and other pro-social coinbases like GIVE is to find a way to merge-mine them.   After we fix GIVE we will shift focus to developing related charity specific side-chains for things like animal welfare, arts and humanities, etc.

And in order to do that we need to start treating the development like any other mission critical application -- give it the resources, time and attention necessary to support it.  Which is why I will be announcing shortly the formation of a new non-profit foundation who's primary purpose is to fund development and certification of coinbases.

-dvd

PS: If you want to get out, please consider sending your WATER to our http://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit matching donor funds.

It's Better 2GIVE
irbbq

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:09:17 PM

Donated a small amount as a small token of my appreciation, Dave.

Tried to send 25000 at first, but was rejected. Sent after 1000 as a test, seems to have gone through. Will try with a higher amount when I get the confirmation on your site, not sure how often it updates tho.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:50:42 PM

Tried to send 25000 at first, but was rejected. Sent after 1000 as a test, seems to have gone through. Will try with a higher amount when I get the confirmation on your site, not sure how often it updates tho.

\o/

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It's normally updated instantaneously --but we're rebuilding the wallet at the moment so it may take a bit for it to get sync'd.

I would also like to invite you to create an account on our system and nominate a charity for us to contact for inclusion in our free directory.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
YouIsPeng

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:44:51 PM

5 months is not a short time. We have lost all the momentum that this coin should have had from the start - we were promised a massive marketing and social media promotion campaign which has been put on hold indefinitely because of this enormous wallet debacle.

I agree with YouIsPeng that more design and testing should be conducted.  Its something we're hoping to bring to the table with the lab we're setting up.

The reality for most coinbases is that its a volunteer effort -- performed largely "between the rain drops" and often by one individual.

Those of us that have been here since the launch will remember that this coin was launched with an IPO and 26 BTC were invested by supporters such as myself. Those funds were supposed to pay for the development of the coin and production of a working wallet, ie to pay a developer, not for a "volunteer" to dabble with the wallet in his spare time. 2 BTC of that was donated to charity leaving 24BTC which equates to approx. $12,000 and I for one would like to know where that has gone. If a developer is being paid to produce working software there are no excuses for a properly tested, fully working wallet to fail to materialise in a timely fashion.

I will concede that the latest wallet to be trundled out looks very pretty but as far as I can see the differences are purely cosmetic. I would much prefer to have kept the old wallet design and concentrated on making the thing work properly than on having fancy graphics. As people STILL seem to having problems with syncing and checkpoint errors I would like to ask if there have been any changes made other than the look of the thing? We also seem to have completely lost the banner advertising space on the wallet which was part of the original big idea - has that now been abandoned??

Yes, Clean Water Coin is a non-profit organisation, but its whole concept is based on the coin having value. If there is no exchange or way to trade then how is the coin supposed to keep its value at a decent level? Unless the coin has value then all the charity donations and trading fees in the world will amount to pennies and do nobody any good at all. This is why we have to be able to demonstrate to Bittrex that the wallet and coinbase are stable and working ASAP.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

5 months is not a short time. We have lost all the momentum that this coin should have had from the start - we were promised a massive marketing and social media promotion campaign which has been put on hold indefinitely because of this enormous wallet debacle.

Agreed -- I was not part of the original launch so I have no idea what was promised.  Which is why I'm a fan of "underpromise and overdeliver" -- managing expectations and demonstrating that you're doing what you say you're going to do is critical.  It's why I'm trying to be as transparent as I can with the GIVEcoin community -- getting that wallet to build on Mac OS X might be a small thing but I would rather give people small updates as we go along instead of saying nothing.

Those of us that have been here since the launch will remember that this coin was launched with an IPO and 26 BTC were invested by supporters such as myself. Those funds were supposed to pay for the development of the coin and production of a working wallet, ie to pay a developer, not for a "volunteer" to dabble with the wallet in his spare time. 2 BTC of that was donated to charity leaving 24BTC which equates to approx. $12,000 and I for one would like to know where that has gone. If a developer is being paid to produce working software there are no excuses for a properly tested, fully working wallet to fail to materialise in a timely fashion.

I will concede that the latest wallet to be trundled out looks very pretty but as far as I can see the differences are purely cosmetic. I would much prefer to have kept the old wallet design and concentrated on making the thing work properly than on having fancy graphics. As people STILL seem to having problems with syncing and checkpoint errors I would like to ask if there have been any changes made other than the look of the thing? We also seem to have completely lost the banner advertising space on the wallet which was part of the original big idea - has that now been abandoned??

Yes, Clean Water Coin is a non-profit organisation, but its whole concept is based on the coin having value. If there is no exchange or way to trade then how is the coin supposed to keep its value at a decent level? Unless the coin has value then all the charity donations and trading fees in the world will amount to pennies and do nobody any good at all. This is why we have to be able to demonstrate to Bittrex that the wallet and coinbase are stable and working ASAP.

That's good amount of background that I think a lot of people will appreciate.  In theory CWC should be accounting for those BTC in their disclosed financials as part of being a non-profit?  I think its a fair question of Zach to answer?

BTW - I just announced the formation of the "Strength in Numbers Foundation" a MN non-profit that will be inheriting the GIVEcoin project and will be seeking 501.3c status.  I'm definitely taking notes here on how we should run it :-)

It's Better 2GIVE
ktmracing03

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:32:59 PM

My recommendation is that everyone take a really deep breath, hold it for at least five seconds and then exhale slowly...

CleanWaterCoin unlike 99% of the other coins has an organization behind it -- a nonprofit with a mission.

Bittrex is a for-profit business who behaves rationally out of self-interest.  If they can generate revenue, especially a profit from helping to facilitate transactions, they will list a coin.

doabitofgood.com will be unveiling its own exchange capabilities this fall.  In fact our first exchange will be the ability to "GIVE-WATER"

The reality however is that if anything, centralized exchanges are soon going to become dinosaurs.  P2P exchange is the next big thing, and in order to do that we need to have a trust model in place.  That's something my team is busy developing in our http://www.idcoins.org concept.

My long term vision for WATER and other pro-social coinbases like GIVE is to find a way to merge-mine them.   After we fix GIVE we will shift focus to developing related charity specific side-chains for things like animal welfare, arts and humanities, etc.

And in order to do that we need to start treating the development like any other mission critical application -- give it the resources, time and attention necessary to support it.  Which is why I will be announcing shortly the formation of a new non-profit foundation who's primary purpose is to fund development and certification of coinbases.

-dvd

PS: If you want to get out, please consider sending your WATER to our http://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit matching donor funds.

How can you sit here and tell us this is backed by an organization which is further developing new features when you can't provide the basics required ie functioning wallet. I have supported this coin since launch with excitement about the cause and the good it can do around the world, but how long can you expect us to sit around and deal with the headache of not being able to have a functioning wallet. The wallet is the foundation for which users rely to support a coin. Maybe the organization should pursue hiring a developer that can create a 100% functioning wallet. If at this point that would even do any good. There are countless coins around and more being launched every day, all with new features and "good causes". What makes this one any different? Besides the fact that the others have functioning wallets.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 06:51:15 PM

How can you sit here and tell us this is backed by an organization which is further developing new features when you can't provide the basics required ie functioning wallet. I have supported this coin since launch with excitement about the cause and the good it can do around the world, but how long can you expect us to sit around and deal with the headache of not being able to have a functioning wallet. The wallet is the foundation for which users rely to support a coin. Maybe the organization should pursue hiring a developer that can create a 100% functioning wallet. If at this point that would even do any good. There are countless coins around and more being launched every day, all with new features and "good causes". What makes this one any different? Besides the fact that the others have functioning wallets.

Given the lack of transparency around other coinbases I think CWC has at least a little more credibility if not a huge public relations problem at the moment ;-)

I have no visibility into what arrangements have been made with the developer -- all I can offer is that I'm personally on-board to help test and build the Mac version when ready.

The fact of the matter is this stuff is harder than it looks -- and this isn't a simple knock off clone of another codebase anymore -- in a lot of ways you're asking the team to basically change the tires on a moving vehicle.

My team is just getting up to speed on the GIVEcoin base and I can tell you that its a hill climbing exercise just to get these things to compile without warnings let alone errors.

I'm not sure when Mindfox got involved but given that we're finally seeing some activity I am willing to chill a bit longer because even though I'm late to CWC I have a strong affinity for their mission.

I'm on-board to devote some of doabitofgood.com's mining rigs to help vet/test the wallet -- especially on a testnet if there is one to help build better releases?

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:55:40 PM

QUICK UPDATE -- the new wallet is causing some issues with the vault processing within doabitofgood.com -- all coins are of course accounted for and I will be rebuilding the transaction log once the wallet is stable.  The staking transactions are firing off database inserts of empty records and the ORPHANS are not helping the situation any...

We're disabling the vault wallet for the time being.  This does not affect movement of coins around inside the system, just the arrival of new coins temporarily.

However, I do want to thank you again for the generous donations to our #BIT4BIT fund!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
OneFixt

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:52:37 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 09:17:51 AM by OneFixt

In order to transition to PoS-only mode, the latest wallet update changed the staking rules.  The immediate effect is more transactions trying to stake at the same time, resulting in more orphan blocks - a situation similar to early mining on a PoW coin with low difficulty.  This should calm down by itself in the next 4-5 days.

The checkpoint warnings, on the other hand, are due to constant attacks on the WATER network because of its low PoW difficulty.  The wallet is actually performing perfectly - it stops creating new transactions when it detects a problem with the blockchain, thus protecting users - and exchanges - from losing coins.  Once the network security is improved by transitioning to purely PoS operation, these checkpoint warnings will also become much less frequent.

163c6YtwNbfVSyVvMQCBcmNX9RdYQdRqqa
Avocyn

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:19:26 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 01:15:18 PM by Avocyn

Well i for one love the new wallet layout Smiley So clean and fresh!

Looking forward to see how this coin evolves into the future, i must say that i'm hooked.
although there are some minor technical issues yes. but come-on what do you expect from a brand new product trying to find new ways and lead the rest of the flock over them? Man it's like trying to build a road while the cars expect to drive on them from the minute the asphalt hits the ground.

So as the littleduke says; take a deep breath and park your cars for a minute and enjoy the fresh air.
Maybe you could pick up a brick yourself and help building/supporting the community that keeps the road worker nourished Smiley

/hats off for mindfox for his great contribution and hard work.

Meanwhile i'm hoping to build a Trade-group / Community to help this happen, So anyone that wants to take part of a group for social and intellectual communication let me know!  Cheesy

PM here, add me on skype,facebook, follow on twitter, send me an e-mail or whatever medium u choose to communicate u can find me by nick:

Avocyn

Avocyn     -   Twitter, FB, Skype.  Add me! Smiley

Avocyn@gmail.com

Best regards

bbr

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:49:28 PM

Can't sync the new wallet. Deleted all in roaming folder apart from my wallet.dat and am stuck at block 138608 and the debug log states:

REORGANIZE
REORGANIZE: Disconnect 4 blocks; 00000000221c3d55d54e..23f15970fc38335fbca4
REORGANIZE: Connect 11 blocks; 00000000221c3d55d54e..87e05fdbe9e408d482bb
ERROR: Reorganize() : ConnectBlock 0000000022c0f2c1eb35 failed
InvalidChainFound: invalid block=45625027fca6f00e3ec5  height=140861  trust=2882367310300  date=08/22/14 11:35:40
InvalidChainFound:  current best=23f15970fc38335fbca4  height=138608  trust=2879167235877  date=08/20/14 23:16:28
ERROR: SetBestChain() : Reorganize failed
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : AddToBlockIndex failed
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
Avocyn

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:13:52 PM

Can't sync the new wallet. Deleted all in roaming folder apart from my wallet.dat and am stuck at block 138608 and the debug log states:

Yeah, it's normal. your wallet is trying to force PoS blocks on its own that are invalid.

You should rename your wallet.DAT to something else, remove anything else, sync and then restoring your wallet.DAT

Hope this helps Smiley and if anything let me know.

This should calm down in some days as mentioned above by Onefixt:
In order to transition to PoS-only mode, the latest wallet update changed the staking rules.  The immediate effect is more transactions trying to stake at the same time, resulting in more orphan blocks - a situation similar to early mining on a PoW coin with low difficulty.  This should calm down by itself in the next 4-5 days.

The checkpoint warnings, on the other hand, are due to constant attacks on the WATER network because of its low PoW difficulty.  The wallet is actually performing perfectly - it stops creating new transactions when it detects a problem with the blockchain, thus protecting users - and exchanges - from losing coins.  Once the network security is improved by transitioning to purely PoS operation, these checkpoint warnings will also become much less frequent.
OneFixt

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:58:31 PM

As of a few hours ago, I am no longer getting a high rate of orphan blocks.

163c6YtwNbfVSyVvMQCBcmNX9RdYQdRqqa
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

Same here on our outside proxy.  I'm blowing away our block/index and rebuilding the chain from scratch again inside the vault.  Will report back out after its re-sync'd.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 07:50:42 PM

Same here on our outside proxy.  I'm blowing away our block/index and rebuilding the chain from scratch again inside the vault.  Will report back out after its re-sync'd.

-dvd

Looking quite good atm -- though it surfaced a bug in our vault processing that is throwing fits on the staking so we'll have to take a look at that asap.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
shigataganai

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:18:53 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 11:20:04 PM by shigataganai

I'm having a different issue with the new wallet. I have a zero balance.... It's completely synced and I see all transactions but it shows zero balance... I should have 200k+....

here's one transaction:
Date: 9.5.2014 г. 14:51
To: 5TFUcwUjys9jv8dnWMPNTmugSPWsLxHPrY (own address)
Credit: 175504.80 WATER
Net amount: +175504.80 WATER
Transaction ID: a76a47e1394c486ea6579739deb5afaf6c0ebb2f33756a4d602f925176d47472

It's from bittrex dunno why its unknown.

edit:
checked my balance with the explorer
http://explorer.cleanwatercoin.org/a/5TFUcwUjys
all coins accounted for... just not showing in the wallet... still says 0.00 balance (0.00 stake 0.00 unconfirmed 0.00 WATER)
DreamMiner

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:16:18 AM

Block explorer and official pool are on different block heights... I am assuming the explorer wins, it is further down the chain... any update would be great... although not expected.....

https://i.imgur.com/kP1cqm1.png
YouIsPeng

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:50:28 AM

I'm having a different issue with the new wallet. I have a zero balance.... It's completely synced and I see all transactions but it shows zero balance... I should have 200k+....

here's one transaction:
Date: 9.5.2014 г. 14:51
To: 5TFUcwUjys9jv8dnWMPNTmugSPWsLxHPrY (own address)
Credit: 175504.80 WATER
Net amount: +175504.80 WATER
Transaction ID: a76a47e1394c486ea6579739deb5afaf6c0ebb2f33756a4d602f925176d47472

It's from bittrex dunno why its unknown.

edit:
checked my balance with the explorer
http://explorer.cleanwatercoin.org/a/5TFUcwUjys
all coins accounted for... just not showing in the wallet... still says 0.00 balance (0.00 stake 0.00 unconfirmed 0.00 WATER)

This might help - shut down the wallet, move your wallet.dat out of the roaming folder to a safe place then delete everything else in there.

Restart the wallet and allow the blockchain to download from scratch (will take a while.)

Once the wallet is synced, shut it down, replace your wallet.dat in the roaming folder then restart the wallet.

Go to the debug console (Help->Debug Window->Console) then type "checkwallet" and it will tell you if there are any mismatched coins compared with the blockchain.

If it does not say "true" then type "repairwallet" and this should retrieve any coins not showing.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: