Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195643 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seesaw111

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:34:22 AM

dear dev. team ,
about changing algo, have you forgot it ?for just ignore it ?
i know you're busy , but i think you do need to say something on this . thanks.
We did't forget it.
We are still discussing about changing algo in the dev team.
There will be an official announcement once the result comes out.

thank you . i suggest if dev. want to change to X11, then change ASAP. more and more X11 coins come out  day by day . we can't fall behind too much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doulos

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:37:21 AM

I was wondering if there were any programmers out there who think they could whip up a completely new face for the wallet? I mean as in the entire wallet looks different from all the generic wallets. Attractive, water themed, perhaps slides for ads/pictures of charity achievements, perhaps gif's of drops of water that drip when you send coins, etc etc. The possibilities are endless. I think an attractive wallet with nice pictures/sounds would attract a lot of people. It would certainly stand out in the crowd.

New wallet designs could be the next huge thing for ascetics programmers. There must be a ton of people around here that can do this. Bounties can be raised if need be!

Great idea - especially considering you interact more with PoS coin wallets (for staking, etc).

We also need coin control for CleanWaterCoin!
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:38:20 AM

Hmm, only 96 people? How much clean water are they getting? Where are they located?

Seems like it should be a lot more with that amount.
666#666

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:43:28 AM

can some one update all the exchanges list under "Exchanges" in the main thread
which exchanges has listed cleanwatercoin so far?
https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-WATER
https://www.nxt-e.com/

you've missed https://coin-swap.net/market/WATER/BTC   which was the first exchange of water.
although low volume , it took the highest price for water, and it's the first who added water.
Xardas2014

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:52:06 AM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

I will stop supporting the coin immediately if the algo is changed. It is fraudulent to do so. You announced the coin and it's algo........you can't change horses in mid-stream.

Crypto is about participation. When you design and offer a coin, you are asking people to participate. When you then change the algo, you are doing so for ONLY one reason......to exclude people from participating. All of the blah blah blah wanting ASICS out of alts is based on their personal interest and has nothing to do with any coin. They want to protect their power hungry GPU mining rigs, instead of evolving. They wish to exclude participation of others to their benefit, which is blatantly wrong and based on pure greed.

Once you step onto the slippery slope of excluding people and are comfy with it, who is next? NVidia miners? Left-handed people? Anyone with green eyes? Where does it stop? Trust me I could dev a coin where you would need an Intel CPU, but AMD is excluded, and it has to be i7 4770, not 4770k and you have to have 32GB of Corsair 2400 DDR3 RAM, not Kingston 1600 DDR3 RAM. A simple system info check could exclude whatever I wish. That is NOT what crypto is about. Stop trying to hate on people and exclude them because they are willing to invest more in the system than you. Evolve or die.
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:52:31 AM

can some one update all the exchanges list under "Exchanges" in the main thread
which exchanges has listed cleanwatercoin so far?
https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-WATER
https://www.nxt-e.com/

you've missed https://coin-swap.net/market/WATER/BTC   which was the first exchange of water.
although low volume , it took the highest price for water, and it's the first who added water.

yup , 0.00006BTC, maybe we can turn back some days.
mining-man

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:52:45 AM

Mining Man Clean Water Coin pool will be closing 6th April, please make sure you withdraw your coins by then.
gsmax27

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:08:32 AM

Getting this error "Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock." while trying to access official pool http://pool.cleanwatercoin.org/. Never receive any mail, spam folder checked.

Anybody got same issue?

You should be unlocked now. If you ever need immediate help like this, please email our team at support@cleanwatercoin.org Wink

We are usually able to respond a bit faster!

The issue with access to the pool is not resolved. I sent you a mail, didn't get any response.
Water_kel

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:10:20 AM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

I will stop supporting the coin immediately if the algo is changed. It is fraudulent to do so. You announced the coin and it's algo........you can't change horses in mid-stream.

Crypto is about participation. When you design and offer a coin, you are asking people to participate. When you then change the algo, you are doing so for ONLY one reason......to exclude people from participating. All of the blah blah blah wanting ASICS out of alts is based on their personal interest and has nothing to do with any coin. They want to protect their power hungry GPU mining rigs, instead of evolving. They wish to exclude participation of others to their benefit, which is blatantly wrong and based on pure greed.

Once you step onto the slippery slope of excluding people and are comfy with it, who is next? NVidia miners? Left-handed people? Anyone with green eyes? Where does it stop? Trust me I could dev a coin where you would need an Intel CPU, but AMD is excluded, and it has to be i7 4770, not 4770k and you have to have 32GB of Corsair 2400 DDR3 RAM, not Kingston 1600 DDR3 RAM. A simple system info check could exclude whatever I wish. That is NOT what crypto is about. Stop trying to hate on people and exclude them because they are willing to invest more in the system than you. Evolve or die.
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.0
This is a good article to read.
andakinas

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:16:35 AM

Everything you said is a contradiction...So instead of arguing with someone who sees everything backwards on matters that can become opinionated, I'll only mention how the dev said before the coin even launched that they were considering switching to X11. If a random coin says it is going to upgrade to KGW, do you also throw a fit too because it wasn't initially launched with it? Or will you realize that cryptocurrencies are an everchanging and evolving, which is why there are these upgrades in the first place? If anyone wants to pick this up and inform this person how the greed is primarily found in ASIC's because they notoriously make it impossible for someone whom doesn't have much money to have a chance at mining, I'd be happy to be saved the time. ( I realize I ended up arguing anyway...ugh)
bluez69

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:24:23 AM

pool:cwc.dedicatedpool.com
nonpayment Huh

OP : please check my acount!
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:37:05 AM

I think it is about time to contact MintPal to get listed.

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

You can vote for a coin 5 times an hour if you have a MintPal account.

"Have a new coin that isn't on the list? Please contact us at support@mintpal.com and we'll get the coin added."

We need to at least get CWC on the voting list.
Xardas2014

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:39:31 AM

Everything you said is a contradiction...So instead of arguing with someone who sees everything backwards on matters that can become opinionated, I'll only mention how the dev said before the coin even launched that they were considering switching to X11. If a random coin says it is going to upgrade to KGW, do you also throw a fit too because it wasn't initially launched with it? Or will you realize that cryptocurrencies are an everchanging and evolving, which is why there are these upgrades in the first place? If anyone wants to pick this up and inform this person how the greed is primarily found in ASIC's because they notoriously make it impossible for someone whom doesn't have much money to have a chance at mining, I'd be happy to be saved the time. ( I realize I ended up arguing anyway...ugh)

The decision was made to launch the coin......end of. You can't go changing up things mid-stream to placate others. If you want to dev ANOTHER coin using whatever algo, that is cool...........but ya released THIS coin using scrypt and it shouldn't be changed simply to exclude other people.
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:42:10 AM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.0
This is a good article to read.
i've read the article.
i want to express my opinion . LTC will not change algo, because it is strong enough,it has so many miners and supporters .
•Would ASICs kill Litecoin? No
•Would it be better if Litecoin’s PoW is ASIC resistant? Yes
•Is it worth the risk to change it now? No

to water,  the same question

•Would ASICs kill water?       serious possibility, a 30M scrypt asic is nothing to both water and LTC,  what about 60*30M scrypt asics ? to LTC , sitll nothing ;but to water , you know what it means .
•Would it be better if water is ASIC resistant? Yes
•Is it worth the risk to change it now?  yes,  if do noting, water is possible to be killed by ASIC  when she is a baby! why altcoins came out and became popular? i think the reason was most of the Bitcoin miner had no ASIC, if they want to mine 1 BTC, they need  to mine a year or 2, or several years with their video cards.
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

+1
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:01:37 AM

If the algo is changed all this achieves is excluding people. Why would a charity not want to include people with ASICs? Aren't their hashes worth as much as everyone else's? And ASICs aren't only for the 'greedy' as you put it. For all those harping on about 'this algo is cleaner than that one', if you spent the equivalent on ASICs that you spent on GPUs you would get more hash for a fraction of the electricity. Seems a bit more eco-friendly to me..
jeffminer

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

we need X11 asap
jeffminer

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:40:40 AM

I was wondering if there were any programmers out there who think they could whip up a completely new face for the wallet? I mean as in the entire wallet looks different from all the generic wallets. Attractive, water themed, perhaps slides for ads/pictures of charity achievements, perhaps gif's of drops of water that drip when you send coins, etc etc. The possibilities are endless. I think an attractive wallet with nice pictures/sounds would attract a lot of people. It would certainly stand out in the crowd.

New wallet designs could be the next huge thing for ascetics programmers. There must be a ton of people around here that can do this. Bounties can be raised if need be!

Personally I don't think improving the wallet UX will add any value at this stage, devs should focus on new tech like X11 that delivers value & more differentiation (cooler, quieter, less El)
kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:43:27 AM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

we need X11 asap
We really do. At current price and difficulty ClearWater ends up at less than 0.002btc/mh/day, because of the huge scrypt mining farms/asics. It's critical to move away from scrypt if the coin is to have any future and get rid of the downward pressure all this dumping is creating on the price.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:44:58 AM

dear dev. team ,
We did't forget it.

So basically what you say it that GPU owner are greedy bastards ? Are you joking ?
Do you think those who will buy asic will do it just to secure the network ?
Not everybody has 10000$ to put in a miner (which won't even be delivered before two to three month).
Although, I don't have anything against asic, they will certainly exclude more people than gpu are currently.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: