Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195645 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yanglei504

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:07:55 PM

love WATER, hope more and more promotions will coming soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:11:45 PM

@Introvert.....I have suggested this more than once and never got any type of reply.

I think they have just two options:

1. Give back the PLC money to the investors and let the coin die, or..
2. Do as we both have suggested and use the PLC BTC to buy up all these dumped coins and get prices stabilized.

Some would think giving the PLC BTC to the charity would be option 3, but it isn't really an option at all. The investors did so to get a viable coin with a decent ROI. They did NOT donate to charity. If donating to charity was their intent, they could have done so directly.

I agree with you and would like to go for option 2, and I really don't care about 1. I am definitely willing to hear any other ideas that the Dev Team might have in due time.

Thank you for your involvement and support of this coin!

I thought that was a good idea the first time you suggested it. The devs can turn the IPO in to a MUCH bigger IPO buy buying millions of the inflationary coins cheap to drive up price due to more limited supply.

So yeah, buy up most of the WATER with the IPO and let it start staking while they do the things they were already going to do. Stake would be pretty massive.

They only got about 20 BTC.
Just assume the price can go up to 10 times, 80 sat, although I think it is too hopeful.
It is still far from the original price, ~300 sat.
Also we need other supporters for the price in order to make it stable.  Undecided

The market now values all WATER issued at 47 BTC (470M WATER * 10 satoshi). The dev team holds capital of 20+ BTC against that market cap. That is pretty sizable coverage of over 40% and they can be a big market player at this capitalization if they wish. Now, nobody says they need to burn all PLC BTC for this. But, in my view, they need to buy enough to stabilize the price of the coin, regain control as much as possible and use part or all of it to build up the community. I am sure the Dev Team didn't think they would need to engage in "market manipulation", but that is a cost of this mistake.

Nobody should expect to see 200-300 satoshi fast with this number of coins. Only with building up and support of the community we might get there eventually, and that's not guaranteed.

Probably 40 percent of the coins that were mined from block 7000-8000 were orphaned because hashing.at (who had the most hashing power) forked.  Some of the coins mined on suchpool didn't make it to miners wallets either. Those coins are gone forever. So, actually there are alot less than 470M water in circulation right now. Who knows the actual number though. I would guess about 300M.. maybe less.

I totally agree.

I lost nearly a half million at hashing.at and couple hundred K more at suchpool.pw

To be fair, I lost way more than I received from either pool.

I also really think the 470m figure is grossly overstated.

Is there a way to determine exactly how many coins are out there?

In the absence of a working block explorer, the best answer I can offer comes from the console of the windows wallet which is currently stuck at block 8499:

"moneysupply" : 472698603.76070100

Who knows how much of that is in people's hands. And I feel you about hashing.at, lost myself coins there mined after the block 7000 fork. As they are still down, I cannot even withdraw the pre-7000 block coins that I see I have there. Beautiful.
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:55:18 PM

@Block 8653 - running latest wallet, on correct fork - need more hash!

MineP.it WATER Pool

Register now, if you haven't already done so, and prepare your workers get mining.

Stratum connection example:
stratum+tcp://water.minep.it:3349 -u MinepitUsername.anything -p anything

MinePit Pools
  • One registration to access all our pools
  • Auto payouts every minute
  • Super fast, powerful, scale-able servers
  • Unbeatable DDOS protection
  • Unique, custom interface and back-end infrastructure
  • Super fast compile times - we aim to be one of the first pools running at every launch

Register Now!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
kasla

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:55:36 PM

Dead?
Aur3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Embrace change

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:17:21 PM

Dead?
Wut? Price is slowly increasing.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
lonsharim

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:35:09 PM

Anyone know when dedicatedpool comes out of maintenance. All my coins are on that pool, whatever little bit I managed to mine.
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

Wokeup to this message on my wallet.

"WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers."

This is with the latest windows wallet named "[Megafileupload]cleanwatercoin-qt_8500fork"

WTF???
binaryclock

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:45:40 PM

Who knows how much of that is in people's hands. And I feel you about hashing.at, lost myself coins there mined after the block 7000 fork. As they are still down, I cannot even withdraw the pre-7000 block coins that I see I have there. Beautiful.

People have been warned over, and over, and over, about hashing.at.  They have forked many coins now, losing TONS of $$ and coins for people.  The admin does not know what he is doing.

If you mine this coin, or any new coins at hashing.at, be prepared to lose more.  It's just their track record.  Want to know how he responds to it?  Search this forum for "fork" and you'll see Numan calling everyone "fags" and other bad words.  Because of this, he is now blacklisted as a scampool.  Even when the devs asked him to stop his pool because he was on a fork, he responded to the devs with vulgar statements and continued to have people waste their time hashing on hashing.at  .  He just doesn't care.  He also used lies to cover up lies.  

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
Water_kel

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

The windows wallet needs to be updated.
It can only sync to block 8499.
Please be patience.
It will be fixed after the dev waking up.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:50:00 PM

Please be patience.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.
binaryclock

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:51:50 PM

Please be patience.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
IntroVert

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:00:21 PM

People have been warned over, and over, and over, about hashing.at.  They have forked many coins now, losing TONS of $$ and coins for people.  The admin does not know what he is doing.

If you mine this coin, or any new coins at hashing.at, be prepared to lose more.  It's just their track record.  Want to know how he responds to it?  Search this forum for "fork" and you'll see Numan calling everyone "fags" and other bad words.  Because of this, he is now blacklisted as a scampool.  Even when the devs asked him to stop his pool because he was on a fork, he responded to the devs with vulgar statements and continued to have people waste their time hashing on hashing.at  .  He just doesn't care.  He also used lies to cover up lies.  

Thanks binary. You get burned and you learn. Hopefully, he will do the right thing and allow people to get their remaining coins.
IntroVert

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:06:59 PM

Please be patience.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.

"The dev"? Like in a single person (I guess cryptowest) trying to fix this mess? A developer can be brilliant, but when s/he has to do the work of multiple people with stress for good measure added, mistakes are certain to follow. No wonder that we are where we are. @CleanWaterCoin needs to get this person help fast. Nobody will want to be involved with this coin long term if it is perceived that it cannot fix its code.
Xardas2014

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:21:29 PM

From what I understand, the only "problem" right now is someone needs to compile a windows wallet from the latest github source. If the linux version is running fine from that same source, only a recompile for windows is needed.

The fork at 8500 worked smoothly and the linux wallet is running fine.
binaryclock

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:33:02 PM

"The dev"? Like in a single person (I guess cryptowest) trying to fix this mess? A developer can be brilliant, but when s/he has to do the work of multiple people with stress for good measure added, mistakes are certain to follow. No wonder that we are where we are. @CleanWaterCoin needs to get this person help fast. Nobody will want to be involved with this coin long term if it is perceived that it cannot fix its code.

I have nothing but respect for cryptowest and the team.

However they really need to address some critical things that have stopped me from hosting it on dedicatedpool.  The 15k transfer bug has been devastating for this coin.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
Xardas2014

Activity: 635

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

I have nothing but respect for cryptowest and the team.

However they really need to address some critical things that have stopped me from hosting it on dedicatedpool.  The 15k transfer bug has been devastating for this coin.

That bug was fixed in the latest release.....if you are running linux you shouldn't be having any problems at all after the 8500 block. If you are using windows, you'll have to wait until a recompile is done from the same source.

That said, I believe there is still an issue for transactions greater than 10 million, Bittrex mentioned it in IRC but cryptowest was already afk.
endchat

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:54:15 PM

EXCELLENT TO KNOW!!!

I had no idea and got reamed very hard on his pool. I could sense his responses were BS, but kept it civil as I was hoping things could be worked out.

Thanks for that, now I know to NEVER USE ANY OF HIS POOLS EVER AGAIN.

Wink
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:38:11 PM

Please be patience.

WAITING FOR THE FIX.

Compile will be up in a few hours, wallet guy is at his day job.
WALKEN-COIN

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 04:50:49 PM

UPDATE:

Devs were in IRC last night and night before most of the night trying to put out the fire and discuss plans for after fixes are in.

Around 12:30-1am PST, everyone was waiting to see if the fork would go smoothly at block 8500 before deciding anything for sure. The fork went smoothly for pools who had updated with us and linux users, and miners are now mining away and getting the right rewards.

The windows wallet issue of getting  stuck at block 8499. The issue was not solvable without a re-compile, and since it was very late here, nobody wanted to start that project in the wee hours and went to bed. That was only 7 hours ago or so.

I have been in the IRC room chatting with them for the last two days and this is the state of the union as it stands:

1. The coin is alive and well despite birthing pains, and price went up from 3-5 sats to 20 to 21 sats in 24 hours, despite issues. With ~400 Mil coins in circulation, there is plenty of room for growth. Take a look at some other coins for examples. Plenty of demand is available out there to eat up the supply, we just need time to develop the coin, just like any other coin. If you build it, they will come.  

2. The development team was hit very hard by seeing their baby go off the tracks. They have been recovering from the stress/shock of the meltdown and have been actively in IRC trying to get issues solved. This has been extremely stressful for them, just like it would be for you if your business/project suddenly had major issues. They want to correct the issues at hand, but do not want to come on the forum and make hasty statements when they don't have a full outline for plan of action yet. People have made a lot of good suggestions, and those are being discussed. I assume the train can pick up steam once the tracks are solid. You can ask them questions in IRC if you are interested in doing so!

3. If you were in IRC, you got to witness the coin community, and even those from competing coins, come together to help get the train back on the right track. It was nice to see the communal effort. This shows that the coin has backers and supporters even in the worst of times.

4. What to do next is being discussed, and suggestions from this thread were being reviewed and discussed both on IRC and between the devs in RL. They need time between jobs and family to take care of all this. They are aware of people's disappointment, and are doing what they can to correct the mistakes.

5. Once the windows wallet is finalized and fixed, there is nothing stopping the coin from doing exactly what is was going to do anyway. We can move forward and see how high this ship can fly.

I was an early investor, and I totally get the issues with the IPO value going down. I already knew IPO were extremely high risk when I sent my BTC. I knew I was taking a risk when I bought more WATER after the bug. Luckily, I have seen other coins go through similar issues at start up, and I also know they can rise in value exponentially after some time and effort is put in by the community to get the coin to big exchanges, press, etc. I still think that is what is in store for this coin. I hope the Dev team comes up with a good plan to make IPO investors feel better about their initial decision.

I am holding my coins and letting them mature and age. The price is STILL undervalued, and is really only on one exchange right now, so that gives exclusive access to early adopters. This is the time where the largest opportunity to buy shares cheaply is, before a rise in price happens. At least that is my analysis and prediction. People were buying coins soon as they knew the miners could mine, so that is a good sign.

I hope the devs can find time to post more on here to keep the worried users/investors calm. In the meantime, keep it positive and keep voting on Mintpal! If you have invested in this coin, you can do nothing better than give positive support and encouragement to the people actively trying to fix the issues and move forward.

Cheers!

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
wuxianhua

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:03:26 PM

钱包更新不了
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: