Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum, Windows 10, Channel is open, every payment failed  (Read 147 times)
Akahura (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 10:47:04 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (2)

The latest version of Electrum is running on windows 10.

Receiving BTC, no problem.

Opening Lightning channel.

I used the suggested one and have now:

Node alias: there be dragons here

Local: 5 mBTC
Remote: 0 mBTC

Channel Details:

Capacity 5 mBTC
Can send: 4.04586 MBT
Can receive: 0mBTC

In my understanding, all looks fine.

My first send was 0.5 mBTC to BLW, connected to ACINQ, failed. QR code was created with BLW.

The second send was 1 mBTC to BlueWallet, which failed. QR code was created with BlueWallet. (edit: BLW to BlueWallet)

BLW and BlueWallet are active wallets.

What can be a possible solution?

It can be that the suggested node gives routing problems? Is it possible to check this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 10:54:49 AM

My first send was 0.5 mBTC to BLW, connected to ACINQ, failed. QR code was created with BLW.

The second send was 1 mBTC to BlueWallet, which failed. QR code was created with BleuWallet. (edit: BLW to BlueWallet)

Did you spend any coins over the Lightning Network from both BLW and BlueWallet? You can't receive coins over the LN unless you make space for the incoming funds.

Nothing can be received immediately after creating a new payment channel, as ‘room’ for incoming funds has to be made by spending some funds first. A payment channel can be thought of as a full bottle of water: in order to pour something in one first has to pour something out.

Each channel implicitly contains a reserve which is unspendable and typically takes about 2% of the channel’s capacity. You must spend an amount matching that reserve to make receiving possible. Unspendable channel reserve is the reason you see a negative receive limit when a new channel is full. It indicates how much you need to spend before anything can be received through the channel.
Akahura (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 11:00:10 AM

Yes, I can receive on BLW and BlueWallet.

And I created the QR codes with the specific wallets. (Address and amount)

If I can not receive that amount, the wallets, BLW and BlueWallet will not create the QR code.

To be specific, if I understand electrum well, the channel tried 10 times.

I also restarted Electrum. After a restart, you still have the unpaid invoices. I tried again, but again for both, failed after 10 tries.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 11:15:32 AM

I looked up the node Electrum suggested on the 1ml.com explorer and it seems to be fairly well-connected. Can you try sending a smaller payment and/or pay for something on a popular website (e.g. yalls.org)? If the former doesn't work then probably there is no route to ACINQ's node at all. If the latter doesn't work then there is clearly something wrong with the suggested node.

By the way, do you keep BLW open when you are trying to send coins to it from Electrum?
Akahura (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 11:41:39 AM

Yes, BLW and BLueWallet are open.

BLW and BlueWallet, I already did dozens of transactions, send and receive.

My first surprise with the suggested node was that the minimum Channel Value to open is 5 mBTC.

I try now Yalls.org

my invoice:

lnbc1500n1p0jgqv2pp5ygjs4hv2xqwtjdkhe04xl92h8yywhw6f6fev7jlwsdqnqrzmulpqdpa2fjk zep6yp2xsefq2pshg6pqw3hjqargv5s9qun0d45hxetyypxxzmny8gsyccqzpgxqr23ssp5ln8lttxd m7l6p947p3hvjk6l4k4an7eg62d69lctfczuzmd8l9aq9qy9qsqtnfwpq6r8cyluc0fpmcjgraj8m0t ucx9a84wcfw2ke0ww8dyalengcxft7mqq25rqqxm8rccfr8gxxjalu9pu58r07xmwsk6fq2wknspdsh tst

The Path to the Promised Land: LN Nodes For All

And Paid.

I will try now BLW, 525 Satoshi

And Paid.

Thanks for your help.

Very small amounts are possible. With BLW I'm used to work with mBTC in LN.

Edit: I did again BLW, 0.5 mBTC, failed. Same conditions as 525 Satoshi. My conclusion, this channel only for very small amounts.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 11:57:57 AM

Edit: I did again BLW, 0.5 mBTC, failed. Same conditions as 525 Satoshi. My conclusion, this channel only for very small amounts.

Electrum should introduce support for multi-part payments, which are already available in all implementations, in the near future. It should help avoid such situations but it won't work all the time as well.
Akahura (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 12:21:45 PM

Or suggest a better node.

When I selected the suggested Node ID, I did not see the name of the Node.

Maybe I have missed it, if not, a tip for improvement, show the name of the node.

But if I always use ACINQ, it's not a real test of the node.

Did the last test, 0.639 mBTC to Bitrefill, failed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: