Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:02:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart Contract verification Framework in Coq  (Read 95 times)
ataraxiaceleste (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 01:59:06 AM

Bas Spitters and Danil Annenkov of Concordium have proposed a novel way of embedding functional smart contract languages into the Coq proof assistant using meta-programming techniques.

Their framework allows for developing the meta-theory of smart contract languages using the deep embedding and provides a convenient way for reasoning about concrete contracts using the shallow embedding. They mainly propose an approach that allows to make a connection between the two embeddings in a form of a soundness theorem.

As an instance of their approach they develop an embedding of the Oak smart contract language in Coq and verify several important properties of a crowdfunding contract.

They claim that they have developed techniques that are applicable to all functional smart contract languages thorough this.

I know that this can be a technically heavy subject.But wondering if any researchers or any other blockchain projects have gone down this route?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yogee

Activity: 1540
Merit: 412

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 02:14:00 AM

I have no idea what this Coq proof is all about. For starters, can you provide a basic explanation? Maybe provide links too for further reading. 

I know that this can be a technically heavy subject.But wondering if any researchers or any other blockchain projects have gone down this route?
I don't see a lot of technical discussions in this particular board (Altcoin Discussion). Your topic will most likely be ignored and buried here in an hour. I think you have a better chance of getting answers and visibility if you transfer this to the Service Discussion for Altcoins https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=198.0 You can find the option to move topic at the bottom left.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
legendsneednotags

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 05:48:03 AM

Is this what was being referred to? https://www.cs.au.dk/~spitters/meta.pdf
ataraxiaceleste (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 05:50:27 AM

Is this what was being referred to? https://www.cs.au.dk/~spitters/meta.pdf

Yes correct! This is exactly what I am referring to.
ataraxiaceleste (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 05:53:39 AM

I have no idea what this Coq proof is all about. For starters, can you provide a basic explanation? Maybe provide links too for further reading. 

I don't see a lot of technical discussions in this particular board (Altcoin Discussion). Your topic will most likely be ignored and buried here in an hour. I think you have a better chance of getting answers and visibility if you transfer this to the Service Discussion for Altcoins https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=198.0 You can find the option to move topic at the bottom left.

The person above posted the link it's exactly that what I'm referring to. I am trying to get a better understanding as well. Would love it f someone experienced and technical can probably share some knowledge on this. I am not looking to provide any service hence, I did not post it in the Service Discussion. I am just trying to pick brain about this research and would like to understand from smart folks who might know better than me and enlighten me. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: