Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:16:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Review of the most popular cryptocurrency oriented publishing platforms  (Read 47 times)
ico-services (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 05:18:32 PM

Review of the most popular cryptocurrency oriented publishing platforms, ranked from worst to best. Pros marked as + / Cons as –.

8. Guest posting for Crypto Magazines
– Usually extremely hard to get published.
– Many websites require a fee for posting that can be pretty high (even thousands of dollars).
– Even if published, posts usually get very little visibility since they are not promoted.

7. Steemit
– Very hard to get exposure.

6. Medium
– Posts get absolutely no exposure unless submitted to a publication, which can be hard since there’s no tool to contact them through Medium.com.
– Bans users easily for political reasons.

5. Hackernoon
– Posts get very little exposure unless featured on the front page (which happen rarely, since there are lot of writers).
– It takes a long time for the post to get approved (usually days).
– High requirements, most posts don’t get approved.
– Commenting not allowed.

4. Your own website
+ You have total power and control.
– Unless you promote your website (which can turn to be expensive) you get absolutely no visitors.

3. Bitcointalk
+ Medium exposure, sometimes a post can get a lot of comments.
– Posting volume is so high that your post can disappear from 1st page in a few hours.
– If you want to know what cronyism and paranoia look like, visit this forum. All newbies are treated like scammers, and their account lacks features that senior members have.
– Unfair “Trust” system where old users can destroy a new member’s reputation without any proof.
– It is almost impossible to become a senior member on the forum since old members don’t give ” Merit” points to new members.
– General atmosphere is negative.
– If you try to sign-up from an IP that a suspended account has used before, you must pay a ransom in order to register.

2. Reddit
+ Posts get pretty good visibility.
+ Active discussion.
– After a day, your post will be completely forgotten.
– Often negative reception.
– In most crypto subreddits a user is required to have quite high “Karma” in order to post.

1. Publish0x
+ High exposure.
+ Positive community.
+ Active commenting.
– One must be approved in order to write.

Did I miss something? If so, suggest a platform in the comments!

Originally published at:
https://honestproscons.com/where-to-write-about-cryptocurrencies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 10:10:50 PM

Review of the most popular cryptocurrency oriented publishing platforms, ranked from worst to best. Pros marked as + / Cons as –.
3. Bitcointalk

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think your comments about Bitcointalk are not accurate.

– If you want to know what cronyism and paranoia look like, visit this forum. All newbies are treated like scammers, and their account lacks features that senior members have.

The posting restrictions for newbies are not based on cronyism and paranoia. There is a healthy suspicion of newbies because of the many scammers coming to Bitcointalk and trying to defraud you. As a newbie, you may not be not aware of this.

If you don't want to be labeled as a scammer, don't promote sites that might look like a scam. In fact, don't promote sites at all because there is always a chance that you are promoting a scam site.

There is also the problem of spam. Most new members have joined to post spam or earn money from signature campaigns. Their purpose is counter to purpose of this site, which is to be a place to discuss and learn about Bitcoin.

If you don't want to be labeled as a spammer, don't post spam. Don't post referral or affiliate links. Don't promote stuff. Don't treat this site as money-making opportunity. If you want to be taken seriously, don't join a signature campaign.

– Unfair “Trust” system where old users can destroy a new member’s reputation without any proof.

I agree that the trust system has been abused by certain users. The good news is that it really isn't important if you aren't doing anything that requires others to trust you. I have negative trust, but I am still here.

– It is almost impossible to become a senior member on the forum since old members don’t give ” Merit” points to new members.

Rank must be earned, and it is difficult to earn because you must make posts that others feel are worthy of merit. A random comment or opinion is not going to gain merit, but a thoughtful and well-constructed post might. The more time you spend on a post, the more likely it will be to gain merit.

My advice is that you don't worry about rank. You don't need a high rank in order to post.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 06:20:53 AM

– Even if published, posts usually get very little visibility since they are not promoted.
I strongly believe that you're not choosing the right platform for posting as a guest...
- You're either using a popular website that tends to publish a lot of posts regularly or the complete opposite.
  • In order to have an organic exposure of some sort, you need to look for something in-between.

7. Steemit
– Very hard to get exposure.
Back in the day, I had no issue with gaining the exposure that I needed on Steemit [I expect nothing less, as long as you know how to properly use and target with tags and provide good content based on some of the trends].

– Posting volume is so high that your post can disappear from 1st page in a few hours.
It differs based on where you make those posts.

I understand where you're coming from but that's not always the case and in regards to account features, you'll start gaining certain features as you rank up [Newbies aren't the only rank with limited abilities].

If such a thing happens, you could always lay your proof and prove those members wrong [as a result, they'll correct their mistakes].
- All of us know it's not a perfect system [feel free to come up with a better one] but it functions well [for the most part].

That's not true [even though it might look like that]. There are so many "self-made" legendary accounts on this forum.

• There's a correlation between high-quality posts [subjectively] and giving out Merits [if someone lacks having the initial part on their history, the latter part won't happen. In other words, it has nothing to do with being a new member of the forum].
  • Most users aren't merit sources here and as a result, we have to earn some before we could merit someone else's posts [most of us are just out of sMerits].

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████