Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Art, need your opinion.  (Read 355 times)
RomanPetrush (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:56:13 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RomanPetrush (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:56:27 AM

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 07:11:50 PM

Greetings.

My mother is an Artist. She loves to create paintings. I've asked her if she could do something related to Bitcoin as well.
So I would like to ask you guys, what price do you see when you look at these artworks? Cool
Thanks
this is my personal opinion.. I think the average price suitable for this painting is in the range of $ 60- $ 100 depending on the media used and what size.  I am not disrespecting your mother's work, but for a painter who (sorry) does not have a famous name, the price I have stated is very rational.

RomanPetrush (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 08:45:43 PM

Greetings.

My mother is an Artist. She loves to create paintings. I've asked her if she could do something related to Bitcoin as well.
So I would like to ask you guys, what price do you see when you look at these artworks? Cool
Thanks
this is my personal opinion.. I think the average price suitable for this painting is in the range of $ 60- $ 100 depending on the media used and what size.  I am not disrespecting your mother's work, but for a painter who (sorry) does not have a famous name, the price I have stated is very rational.

Thanks for your opinion.  Smiley

RomanPetrush (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 01:42:22 PM

This one is really beatiful, your mom is a great painter.. but did you already asked your mom about what she thinks the price should be coz if it was based on fiat maybe 50-80 dollars will do.

Sure, 50-80 dollars is only for materials and economy delivery.. Without work time.. 4-5 days of work + taxes in our country. We have counted about 200 usd.

mbawan1

Activity: 1078
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 01:45:06 PM

Beautiful art work and i think its priceless
RomanPetrush (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 01:49:02 PM

Forgot to mention that it's oil on canvas.

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 11:29:25 AM
Merited by hugeblack (2)

I am also a visual artist in our local country and I was a student of an Academe that specializes Bargue Drawings and Oil Painting and I think I can share with you some of the factors on how to price an artwork.

Pricing an Artwork is one of the most hardest part when you are entering the Art Market especially when you are just starting to make a name in the Art Industry. Choosing a right price can give the artist an anxiety and can put a lot of pressure especially when you are dealing with a client.

However, I am doing commissioned artworks drawn in Graphite and Charcoal Drawings that I advertise in my Social Media accounts that made me determine to set a pricing structure on my works. I will not tell an exact price since that is based on how artist invest their time and effort and it is perhaps subjective.

• Since you are using Oil Based Media painted on a Canvas then you are probably going to price your artwork based on your Medium Price, time, effort and any other resources you've invested to create those wonderful pieces just to cover your expenses. You will also need to increase your price if you are going to frame the canvas.
  • You can also use the Size Based Pricing. You can either use  square inch (h x w) or by the linear inch (h + w). For example, you have a 4×4 inches = 16 square inches x 3 = $48 or 4+4 inches = 8 linear inches x 10 = $80
  • And since you are in this community. selling this with BTC is a good idea, if you have decided what price you are going to sell your artwork then maybe you consider converting USD in BTC at its current market price.
RomanPetrush (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 11:59:12 AM

I am also a visual artist in our local country and I was a student of an Academe that specializes Bargue Drawings and Oil Painting and I think I can share with you some of the factors on how to price an artwork.

Pricing an Artwork is one of the most hardest part when you are entering the Art Market especially when you are just starting to make a name in the Art Industry. Choosing a right price can give the artist an anxiety and can put a lot of pressure especially when you are dealing with a client.

However, I am doing commissioned artworks drawn in Graphite and Charcoal Drawings that I advertise in my Social Media accounts that made me determine to set a pricing structure on my works. I will not tell an exact price since that is based on how artist invest their time and effort and it is perhaps subjective.

• Since you are using Oil Based Media painted on a Canvas then you are probably going to price your artwork based on your Medium Price, time, effort and any other resources you've invested to create those wonderful pieces just to cover your expenses. You will also need to increase your price if you are going to frame the canvas.
  • You can also use the Size Based Pricing. You can either use  square inch (h x w) or by the linear inch (h + w). For example, you have a 4×4 inches = 16 square inches x 3 = $48 or 4+4 inches = 8 linear inches x 10 = $80
  • And since you are in this community. selling this with BTC is a good idea, if you have decided what price you are going to sell your artwork then maybe you consider converting USD in BTC at its current market price.

Thank you for your thoughts and advices. That definitely will help us to count the price properly.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 06:48:15 AM

Greetings.

Thanks
Painting price has nothing to do with painters. All those great painters you know today start from somewhere and besides most people that buy paints for decorations do not even check the name of the painter but rather the quality. Just like you have said, the size of the portrait is one of the factors that determine the price of the paint. Others include the quality of the paint used in the painting and the quality of the material used in making the frame. The two determine the durability of the work. I have seen so many graphite and charcoal painting costing $300 and more but you can use the price of painting being sold on some shopping site such as eBay as a reference in determining the price you intend to sell. I wish you all the best
HammaSan

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 01:42:50 PM

The paintings are beautiful, but they are not the type of painting I would like to have.
acemax

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 09:35:55 PM

These are beautiful arts.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
February 16, 2020, 03:47:39 PM

Your mother is a great artist. I like those painting for decoration in my room but I don't know how much it worth. Let me know the price of art number 20.
RomanPetrush (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 08:05:43 PM

Your mother is a great artist. I like those painting for decoration in my room but I don't know how much it worth. Let me know the price of art number 20.
Replied in PM.

luxegift

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 08:23:52 PM

amazing. i love the water one.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
February 21, 2020, 06:51:36 PM

I have some feedback. I love your mother's work but TBH I don't think she understands what Bitcoin means yet. Art is about looking at a painting and coming up with a thousand ideas by just looking at it. The bitcoin paintings look forced. What I mean by this is someone is just trying to fit in the Bitcoin logo in random paintings. I love the no 13 painting and the no 11. They give me a new perspective each time I look at them... Maybe try explaining to your Mom what Bitcoin is, What it means in the bigger picture and how can it can help save our humanity. I'm sure she will come up with a masterpiece or two... Besides that Best of luck with the sales...
RomanPetrush (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2020, 12:20:40 AM

I have some feedback. I love your mother's work but TBH I don't think she understands what Bitcoin means yet. Art is about looking at a painting and coming up with a thousand ideas by just looking at it. The bitcoin paintings look forced. What I mean by this is someone is just trying to fit in the Bitcoin logo in random paintings. I love the no 13 painting and the no 11. They give me a new perspective each time I look at them... Maybe try explaining to your Mom what Bitcoin is, What it means in the bigger picture and how can it can help save our humanity. I'm sure she will come up with a masterpiece or two... Besides that Best of luck with the sales...

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

amotor

Activity: 35
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2020, 08:45:42 PM

I like the red and gold Bitcoin one. Idk what it’s worth though.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: