Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:30:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop-lose any recommend?  (Read 525 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 06:20:54 PM

I think the OP is finding it difficult where to place a stop loss, a stop should be placed well above resistance zone when selling and well below support zone, cryptocurrencies are very volatile and move with momentum stop loss can easily be hit if not place far above or below those zones, some forum members discouraged the use of stop loss which I totally disagreed, money management will take care of the risk and reward ratio and ability to screen potential trades that really worth a good risk to reward is so important, truly a 4% to 8% isn't bad with compounding and consistent profits its gonna be huge amount in the long run.
Those that do not use a stop loss are just asking for trouble, a stop loss is without a doubt one of the most important components of a strategy, why? Because it is going to save you from the bad trades that you make, anyone that thinks that he's going to be able to predict the market with a 100% accuracy doesn't really know what he's doing and his expectations are out of line.

We are going to make mistakes when we trade, we are going to be unable to read the market correctly all the time so we need to have something that save us when we make those mistakes and a stop loss is the only way to do this, and this is even more true when you are using leverage because any movement in the market could be enough to destroy your capital in a matter of minutes if you're not careful.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 10:43:51 PM

Hey guys
I can say 95% of my loses are because of using stop-lose , price always return to past price and i regret why i made stop-lose ,  but th
ere is another worry that without setting it market may blow your account suddenly ,  i use 1:10 leverage . I'll appreciate if you guys guide me how i run it  .. Thanks
There is nothing wrong with stop-loss, you’re the one that’s doing that to yourself. If you set your stop loss properly this wouldn’t be a problem.

Stop-loss is a tool that was created to lessen your losses, and that’s what the tool is doing for you and I don’t see why you should be complaining; you put up your settings and the tool worked according to your settings and stopped your loss when the market dropped to that range, it’s up to you to start up the trade again, you know very well that the cryptocurrency market is very volatile and it can move to any direction in any minute, so don’t set your stop-loss and leave it there for a whole day without checking things out. Even if you are making use of a trade bot you still have to be checking it out.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 11:28:47 PM

Hey guys
I can say 95% of my loses are because of using stop-lose , price always return to past price and i regret why i made stop-lose ,  but th
ere is another worry that without setting it market may blow your account suddenly ,  i use 1:10 leverage . I'll appreciate if you guys guide me how i run it  .. Thanks
There is nothing wrong with stop-loss, you’re the one that’s doing that to yourself. If you set your stop loss properly this wouldn’t be a problem.

Stop-loss is a tool that was created to lessen your losses, and that’s what the tool is doing for you and I don’t see why you should be complaining; you put up your settings and the tool worked according to your settings and stopped your loss when the market dropped to that range, it’s up to you to start up the trade again, you know very well that the cryptocurrency market is very volatile and it can move to any direction in any minute, so don’t set your stop-loss and leave it there for a whole day without checking things out. Even if you are making use of a trade bot you still have to be checking it out.
It all matters on how you to set it out and as said by most people here that cryptocurrency is too volatile which means those stop loses can easily be reach out.This is why when you do plan on using up this tool then be sure to study on what are the proper percentage on where to set these lines or else you wont really make any recovery or would really have a hard time on compensating on what you have lost just because you do place the wrong SL or not to deep.In general this is a tool which is helpful when you are really keen on handling out your overall capital and just better out a percentage of your trading funds.

abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2020, 12:37:24 PM

Hey guys

It all matters on how you to set it out and as said by most people here that cryptocurrency is too volatile which means those stop loses can easily be reach out.This is why when you do plan on using up this tool then be sure to study on what are the proper percentage on where to set these lines or else you wont really make any recovery or would really have a hard time on compensating on what you have lost just because you do place the wrong SL or not to deep.In general this is a tool which is helpful when you are really keen on handling out your overall capital and just better out a percentage of your trading funds.
Correct! This tool saves many traders from losing into sudden dump of prices and make sure that there are still remaining capital when you woke up from sleep. This can be a bad or a good tool depending on the user and how will the user use it.

I have the same experience with OP before but I got myself familiar with it and learn how to properly use it.This feature saved me a couple of times and I am glad that I can confidently use it today. It's just better that there are stop loss feature.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 19, 2020, 12:40:24 PM

If you invest in a project you believe in you shouldn't care as eventually it will recover and even profit, now if you on a shitproject or artificial market you fucked, you never know what you dealing with.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: