Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:42:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for BTC seller able to sell $500-$3000 per week of BTC  (Read 1675 times)
MGK-

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:03:30 PM

Offering a bounty to find this user and do damage to his property unless he removes his comment.

Over a neg rep? That's just childish and will probably hurt your rep more.

After reading your posts and comparing some to KingofSports, I wouldn't be surprised if you were an alt. Lots of similarities, location, gambling and the way you are buying and selling BTC. If you're not an alt of KOS, check for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Came here to post this. Pretty easy to tell they are the same person especially after the comment you made

Does it matter? He won't remove his trust rating and thus I'll have to create a new account and work months again anonymously to regain trust of users. Either way I'm screwed, at least I can hurt him in some way too.

just saying...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alabamafan1 (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:05:40 PM

Offering a bounty to find this user and do damage to his property unless he removes his comment.

Over a neg rep? That's just childish and will probably hurt your rep more.

After reading your posts and comparing some to KingofSports, I wouldn't be surprised if you were an alt. Lots of similarities, location, gambling and the way you are buying and selling BTC. If you're not an alt of KOS, check for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Came here to post this. Pretty easy to tell they are the same person especially after the comment you made

Does it matter? He won't remove his trust rating and thus I'll have to create a new account and work months again anonymously to regain trust of users. Either way I'm screwed, at least I can hurt him in some way too.

just saying...
How does that comment imply I'm the same person?! If I have red flag next to my name, no newb (which is who I trade with generally because I pay under bitstamp or bitstamp price) would trade with me! If I wanted to scam I could have done so for far more than this 2 BTC that this Kingofsports guy owes. I did 2 x $2000+ trades in the past two weeks where I had the coins in my hand before I even left to go make a payment...
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:08:22 PM

If I wanted to scam I could have done so for far more than this 2 BTC that this Kingofsports guy owes. I did 2 x $2000+ trades in the past two weeks where I had the coins in my hand before I even left to go make a payment...

Kingofsports said the same thing. He had chances to scam for much more then 2 BTC when he was doing escrow.

Not accusing you of being an alt but I can see why others are.
MGK-

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:09:16 PM

From your post and attitude in general it just seems to me you could likely be the same person. I'm not involved in this situation, just adding a comment. After all this is a public forum.
alabamafan1 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:10:08 PM

If I wanted to scam I could have done so for far more than this 2 BTC that this Kingofsports guy owes. I did 2 x $2000+ trades in the past two weeks where I had the coins in my hand before I even left to go make a payment...

Kingofsports said the same thing. He had chances to scam for much more then 2 BTC when he was doing escrow.
Cool? Does that mean I'm him? No. I'm not out to scam anyone, I use and STILL WILL use escrow anytime someone feels unsure about trading with me. As long as I make my profits I could give two shits about what people think of me OR who they think I am. What I don't like is when people make accusations against me and thus longterm will affect my business and profits.
MGK-

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:11:59 PM

Cool? Does that mean I'm him? No. I'm not out to scam anyone, I use and STILL WILL use escrow anytime someone feels unsure about trading with me. As long as I make my profits I could give two shits about what people think of me OR who they think I am. What I don't like is when people make accusations against me and thus longterm will affect my business and profits.

Sounds like someone I would want to do business with.
alabamafan1 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:13:09 PM

Sounds like someone I would want to do business with.
Thats business. I don't screw anyone. Take emotion out of business or you're asking to get hurt. Trade fairly AND without scamming the other and ethicly you have no problem. What people think of you doesn't matter, only business ethics does.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4623

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:08:14 PM

From your post and attitude in general it just seems to me you could likely be the same person. I'm not involved in this situation, just adding a comment. After all this is a public forum.

Does anybody have any definitive proof that alabamafan1 and KingOfSports are the same person?

It seems like so far it's all just assumptions made based on a "similar posting style"?

It hardly seems fair to tarnish the reputation of someone and claim that they are an alt of a particular scammer if there is no actual proof.  That's about as underhanded, and dishonest as the claims that Mr. Dorian Nakamoto is Satoshi based on equally flimsy information.

On the other hand, if there is definitive proof that alabamafan1 is KingOfSports, then it should be presented by those making the accusations so that we can all avoid making any transactions with a scammer.

I'll withhold judgement until presented with reliable proof.  I'd recommend others be equally just in their judgements.
MGK-

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:38:56 AM

Does anybody have any definitive proof that alabamafan1 and KingOfSports are the same person?

It seems like so far it's all just assumptions made based on a "similar posting style"?

It hardly seems fair to tarnish the reputation of someone and claim that they are an alt of a particular scammer if there is no actual proof.  That's about as underhanded, and dishonest as the claims that Mr. Dorian Nakamoto is Satoshi based on equally flimsy information.

On the other hand, if there is definitive proof that alabamafan1 is KingOfSports, then it should be presented by those making the accusations so that we can all avoid making any transactions with a scammer.

I'll withhold judgement until presented with reliable proof.  I'd recommend others be equally just in their judgements.

Theres not much proof but he has just revealed a little more information that leads me to believe he is in fact kingofsports. Took me 5min to search kingofsports post history and found this,

As soon as I saw the large colored font I knew it was this lying piece of shit talking shit.

He loves to jump to call out people with no evidenece of anything, just the words of one person.

Sad, sad little college age kid.  By the way, enjoy it up on Maryland on campus. Wink
1) You haven't even been on the forums long enough to know this story so you cannot judge whether it is true or not. Many agree with this statement and that Towtoad should have paid his 1300 BTC debt.
2) I am not "butthurt" over your comments with bitbook. What I am "butthurt" over is, when people who are obviously underage are asking questions about gambling. You should not be gambling in the first place.
3) I will PM the user who accused you of scamming. I will call greendot and find out who added the moneypak, they'll tell you if you're persistent enough.
4) Oh look you know I go to Maryland, would you happen to be Nickfor2, the degenerate who scams for hundred bucks? You sound very much like Xboxgames, who ran off with 5-15 BTC and wasn't too sharp on the specific types of betting himself. So yeah, everything about you screams a scammer, but sure I'll find out the info but if it turns out I'm right, I'll make sure to comment on every post you do til you leave and create a new account like you and all scammers eventually do.

and alabamafan1 just posted this

I'd be interested in acquiring all 7 BTC.

I can send cash in mail, cash deposit into a bank account (if your bank has a branch in the Chicago area), or meet up for face-to-face exchange if you are anywhere near Chicago.

I'm willing to exchange at BitStamp rate at the time that I (or escrow if you require it) receive the bitcoins.

Thanks for the offer, I will get back to you with a yea or nay shortly. I think Bank Wire is actually my best option right now, as I need to make a payment asap. If that isn't a possibility, I'll go with cash. I don't think my bank (USAA) has any locations near Chicago.
If you live in Maryland, I can trade $1000 cash for your coins at bitstamp price right now.

So alabamafan1 lives in Maryland and so does kingofsports. I understand there is tons of people that live in Maryland but lets not be naive and not put 1 and 2 together. They both have the same posting history on the forums with the same attitude, even have wrote the same sentence on how trustworthy he is and how he would have already scammed if he was going to.

You can decide for yourself if you want to do business with him. I just want to post what my findings are and put it out there for everyone else to determine for themselves.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:50:45 AM

lets not be naive and not put 1 and 2 together. They both have the same posting history on the forums with the same attitude, even have wrote the same sentence on how trustworthy he is and how he would have already scammed if he was going to.

You can decide for yourself if you want to do business with him. I just want to post what my findings are and put it out there for everyone else to determine for themselves.

I won't deny there there is a very real possibility that they could be the same person, but putting 1 and 2 together is exactly how Leah McGrath Goodman and Newsweek determined that Dorian Nakamoto is the Satoshi that created Bitcoin.

I suppose she might be right as well.

I'm willing to be more careful in my dealings with alabamafan1, and I'm willing to suggest that there is a strong possibility that KingOfSports and alabamafan1 *could* be the same person, but I prefer not to throw around accusations that something is *fact* and destroy someone's reputation over unreliable suppositions.

MGK-

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:55:56 AM

lets not be naive and not put 1 and 2 together. They both have the same posting history on the forums with the same attitude, even have wrote the same sentence on how trustworthy he is and how he would have already scammed if he was going to.

I won't deny there there is a very real possibility that they could be the same person, but putting 1 and 2 together is exactly how Leah McGrath Goodman and Newsweek determined that Dorian Nakamoto is the Satoshi that created Bitcoin.

I suppose she might be right as well.

I'm willing to be more careful in my dealings with alabamafan1, and I'm willing to suggest that there is a strong possibility that KingOfSports and alabamafan1 *could* be the same person, but I prefer not to throw around accusations that something is *fact* and destroy someone's reputation over unreliable suppositions.

Please do because more I read kingofsports previous posts the more I feel like he built his reputation through you. Just be cautious.
MGK-

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:02:55 AM

I also would like more information about this guy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=289004

He has 0 post and apparently sent him $1800 in btc for a trade, says he even "fronted" him for over night. Obvious shill is obvious.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:07:31 AM

Please do because more I read kingofsports previous posts the more I feel like he built his reputation through you. Just be cautious.

Lots of people attempt to build their reputation through me.

If someone offers a transaction at an exchange rate that I find acceptable, then I leave feedback indicating that a transaction occurred.  Beyond that, I do not vouch for the trustworthiness of anyone.

Others are welcome to read the feedback and determine for themselves whether going first and following through on a deal with me means that someone is trustworthy.
alabamafan1 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:20:11 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 03:33:07 AM by alabamafan1

He has 0 post and apparently sent him $1800 in btc for a trade, says he even "fronted" him for over night. Obvious shill is obvious.
Actually you're wrong again MGK. Want to bet $10,000 on that this transaction actually occured with someone who lives in Washington state and here I am in Maryland. Pick an escrow, will escrow my life savings on this one.  Obvious shill is actually not obvious. I will give you that the person contacted me and was an idiot to trust me by my word alone but he didn't get scammed. I've bought from him 4 times so far for over $4000 total.

As for "building rep" off DannyHamilton, go fuck yourself. Danny please remove your feedback from my trust page just to prove my point. Could care less about that.

Would love for MGK to back up his words with his money, I have PMed him asking him to do the escrow for my net life worth right now. Lets see if he'll even cover his "OBVIOUS SHILL IS OBVIOUS" statement and escrow his belief that lowenhart was me all along for a BTC. Doubt it. Up to $10k wager lets go buddy!

If you won't accept any wager MGK then this thread will be locked and closed should you comment again. I will then make all my threads self-moderated and delete any comments by YOU. If you won't back up your words and stand by them then theres no point in your words even being posted on any of my threads cause otherwise you're 100% a troll. And I hate trolls.
MGK-

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:30:53 AM

Actually you're wrong again MGK. Want to bet $10,000 on that this transaction actually occured with someone who lives in Washington state and here I am in Maryland. Pick an escrow, will escrow my life savings on this one.  Obvious shill is actually not obvious. I will give you that the person contacted me and was an idiot to trust me by my word alone but he didn't get scammed. I've bought from him 4 times so far for over $4000 total.

As for "building rep" off DannyHamilton, go fuck yourself. Danny please remove your feedback from my trust page just to prove my point. Could care less about that.

I like how you address the situation at hand. Stop sending me PMs. I can post on a public forum however I like.

If you want to wager any amount up to my bank account net worth (currently $5000) and the title to my car (another $5000), I'm willing to escrow this one too with any trusted escrow, that the user "lowenhart" was a REAL person who lives in Washington State and I've bought multiple times from. He has sent first everytime for over $1000 and fronted me $100 worth too one night when I was short for a purchase.

Also, please shut the fuck up in my threads. You've made it clear you think I'm kingofsports. Stop spamming my threads with extra bullshit.

Like I said, if you think lowenhart is a shill put your money where your mouth is cause you really do love putting it out there on this internet while you sit there behind your desk screen.

alabamafan1 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:33:48 AM

I like how you address the situation at hand. Stop sending me PMs. I can post on a public forum however I like.

If you want to wager any amount up to my bank account net worth (currently $5000) and the title to my car (another $5000), I'm willing to escrow this one too with any trusted escrow, that the user "lowenhart" was a REAL person who lives in Washington State and I've bought multiple times from. He has sent first everytime for over $1000 and fronted me $100 worth too one night when I was short for a purchase.

Also, please shut the fuck up in my threads. You've made it clear you think I'm kingofsports. Stop spamming my threads with extra bullshit.

Like I said, if you think lowenhart is a shill put your money where your mouth is cause you really do love putting it out there on this internet while you sit there behind your desk screen.

Perfect! Locking thread. You obviously don't believe in yourself enough Smiley

As for not addressing the situation, what is there to say? I'm not kingofsports and I dont care if you think I am. Nothing I say will convince you otherwise so why address it and waste my time talking to you when:
1) You're nothing to me. We will never conduct business so no pointing in speaking to you.
2) You troll my threads and will not stand by your own comments.
3) I've already wasted enough time responding to your responses.

Moving on now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: