Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukraine arrests gang who ran 20 crypto-exchanges and laundered money for ransomw  (Read 284 times)
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 07:38:47 AM

I’m curious about what exchanges are involved in this type of dealings because it’s important to be far away from that exchange as possible. Imagine withdrawing your profits from trading and some dirty bitcoin is traced back to your withdrawal address, you could be in trouble for that. I hope no one gets into trouble like that with those exchanges. I don't think those exchanges are part of the top 10. They shouldn't be.

Perhaps, top 10 exchanges has their founders well known to the public, and there's no way their exchange will be that good having fraudulent activities and when tracked down, the entire exchange will need to be closed. But I think the real risk here is the wallet address owned by the users, basically, exchange aren't providing the seed and the private keys for the users, so they could possibly have a control for each address available. I don't know, but is there are possibility that they could manipulate addresses to cover up their fraudulent activities?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2020, 09:28:08 AM

I suppose we need more and more tools like chainanalysis to track the illegal proceedings coming into crypto market through various mixing services. The criminals are majorly responsible for giving bitcoin a bad name amongst the non-crypto population. So always happy to see such news!

But some crypto enthusiast sees these chain analysis or whatever you call it If there's a tool or database to track down transactions a threat of privacy. Specially in the mixing services.
I guess we're still fine with how the Cyber crime division are handling crypto related crimes without compromising the users privacy.
IMO, If some government plan on tracking down and control these crypto criminals, most likely they will regulate Bitcoin then.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 09:45:50 AM

Binance "BulletProof Exchanger" takes a big part to arrests cybercrime gangs. I hope more launderers will arrest soon and their customers too.
At least right now their launderers are already arrested, they should use them to get their clients.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 10:06:53 AM

I’m curious about what exchanges are involved in this type of dealings because it’s important to be far away from that exchange as possible.
It seems that everyone here is also curious about the exchange involved in this case. So far I havent had any exchange mentioned in the comment. I dont think that the 20 exchange are in the top 10-20 exchange. It is likely that all the exchange involved are their local exchange.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 11:33:59 AM

I’m curious about what exchanges are involved in this type of dealings because it’s important to be far away from that exchange as possible.
It seems that everyone here is also curious about the exchange involved in this case. So far I havent had any exchange mentioned in the comment. I dont think that the 20 exchange are in the top 10-20 exchange. It is likely that all the exchange involved are their local exchange.

Yes, it could be local exchanges or just some third tier exchanges that no one used except those criminals to mix and hide their transactions. But as far as Binance helping, it's a bit scary, there seems to be a conflict of interest here. Did those exchanges uses Binance as well that's why they caught them?

And what if there exchange is being used as well by some group, for sure they are going to confiscate and we won't hear anything from them. They are really getting too powerful, in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: