Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:44:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost my NEM wallet private key, so reback possible?  (Read 217 times)
Jocuserious (OP)

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 04:19:28 PM

Since 2018 i was downloading NEM wallet apps in my personal android phone, but later delete installed apps from my phone and i failed to save the private key.

Also the device is the same on my mobile and i tried for login again with same username and password but it is not possible login to account without private key. I contacted them for support but they said private key without login impossible.  

So lost my fund Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 10:43:33 PM

Yes you lost your funds! There is no way to recover private key as well because you didn't even saved the private keys anywhere.

In case if you saved the file and deleted it means there is possibility to recover it is android or windows using the recovery software available on the respective platforms.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Renampun

Activity: 2282
Merit: 362

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 10:51:59 PM

if you really lose your private key then you have lost access to the wallet forever...
This is the reason why you have to really save your private key wallet because we can't know what will happen in the future, maybe your smartphone is damaged so you need a new smartphone to open the wallet. you have to be patient bro.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 11:03:35 PM

Losing your private key is like locking your own house with the keys inside.  Theres no way to to open it,. Didnt you even try to make a copy of of your private key, so that if something happens you still have a duplicate.

AthenaBanana
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 01:34:41 AM

Sorry for what happen to your funds there is no other way to retrieve your funds without a private key. MEW doesn't save your private keys that is why it is a responsibility to back up your private keys somewhere safe
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1219

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 05:42:17 AM

Joc, I am sorry to hear that.

This is the coin that you are talking about? - https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/nem

Did you have your private keys written anywhere else? Think carefully if you made a backup anywhere. If you really havent, then there is nothing you can do about the lost funds.

Let this be a lesson for anyone, keep a hard copy of the private keys somewhere safe. However buying a hardware wallet might have saved you too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 08:54:51 AM

Jocuserious, if you have lost your private keys, we're very sorry but there is no possible way of getting it back.

Private keys are the most important key logins that we should be setting aside and noting for our funds. For most crypto wallets that give it, you should always create a backup.

If you didn't save the private key when you have deleted the wallet, sorry for your loss.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 09:30:42 AM

even if you dont delete the app but if you didnt copy your keys and save it on a safe for future use you are already done a mistake there but worst mistake you have done is when you delete the app and why you do that when you have funds inside or maybe you think the coins are worthless before and you later see their value skyrocket .

this experience happen to me and to others but i have learn my mistake and now started to save keys and important details  . hope you learn on your lesson too and better luck next time  
onecall123

Activity: 2044
Merit: 323

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 02:40:18 PM

You're old member since 2014, Sorry to say but your act exactly like as novice. Very common that we have to enter the correct private key to execute the crypto exchanges from any wallet. Never encourage sharing or losing private key, that might end up in losing your entire balance.

You should remember- 'Not your keys, not your coins' but you failed it badly! Hope others will learn from this and never do this repeat.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Jocuserious (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 04:59:03 PM

You're old member since 2014, Sorry to say but your act exactly like as novice. Very common that we have to enter the correct private key to execute the crypto exchanges from any wallet. Never encourage sharing or losing private key, that might end up in losing your entire balance.

You should remember- 'Not your keys, not your coins' but you failed it badly! Hope others will learn from this and never do this repeat.
It would have been nice to take it very simply because i just came to discuss one of my problems. I know private key is the only strong one for a wallet. The NEM apps were stored on my phone and the private key was on my laptop, but the apps were removed due to my phone problem. Besides, i could not save the private key in case my laptop dies.
However, i lost my fund and now i am frustrated because i need more money at this time. I lost my personal job because of Covid-19 and there was some fund in NEM wallet that i had to lose. It was really bad luck for me.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 08:36:40 PM

Besides, i could not save the private key in case my laptop dies.
Can you explain it more clearly, Did you stored your keys on your laptop or forget to store it on your laptop.

Even if your laptop got corrupted still can access the files from another device and still there are recovery ways to get files from corrupted drive.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 10:50:51 PM

Since 2018 i was downloading NEM wallet apps in my personal android phone, but later delete installed apps from my phone and i failed to save the private key.

Also the device is the same on my mobile and i tried for login again with same username and password but it is not possible login to account without private key. I contacted them for support but they said private key without login impossible.  

So lost my fund Huh
NO KEYS = NO FUND/COINS

This had been a pretty basic thing and its better to move on and dont hope for any recovery unless if you do find those keys then you will surely have an access once again but if not
then say sorry for those coins yet those are lost forever.There nothing you can do and even the support itself doesnt have the power to do so.
This serves as a lesson learned for you that we should always keep safe of those keys or phrases because once it is lost or been known by someone then expect on what
gonna happen.

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 07:11:21 PM

I get used to write the prikey or anything like that manually because I'll always predicted there will be something bad happen, like I lose my phone and my phone is broken that will make I can't access my phone.

But, with the prikey that I wrote manually I'll have no doubt and afraid to lose my fund in my wallet. I can easily download again and sign in my my prikey and that is something that can be donw by all user.

We always underestimate to the something that has not happened and experienced by ourselves. And we will be regretted to the something that has happened.
Jocuserious (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2020, 05:03:22 PM

We always underestimate to the something that has not happened and experienced by ourselves. And we will be regretted to the something that has happened.
An incident like this happened to me so i was disappointed to lose the private key of NEM wallet. I had some coins in my wallet and i didn't really care because the tokens i was holding at the time were worth less and were actually dead tokens. Also some information of my wallet was saved and i contacted NEM wallet support but they can't give any help without private key.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1781

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 11:49:05 PM

An incident like this happened to me so i was disappointed to lose the private key of NEM wallet. I had some coins in my wallet and i didn't really care because the tokens i was holding at the time were worth less and were actually dead tokens. Also some information of my wallet was saved and i contacted NEM wallet support but they can't give any help without private key.
NEM wallet support are right. They can't help you. A private key is the only way you can access your coins or token. Once you lose it, you lose your money. When you are creating an account, the private key will only be revealed to you which means even the NEM wallet team does not know or cannot access your Private Key. It also means that they don't have your private key in their database.

The NEM Wallet or any other software wallet of that nature only acts as an interface for viewing, sending and generating receiving addresses. It's not like an account you open by signing up such as Gmail where the Email address and hashed password can be kept in Gmail's database.

Keeping your private key safely = Keeping your coins/tokens safely.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 12:24:20 PM

It can also happen in other coins just accept that it lost for good. Even the support answered you already that they can't help you with your problem , means there is no other way to recover back your wallet or balance  other than owning the private key which is also important with other coins . just make sure that you will not do the same mistake again in the future and always save your private key in secured place.

Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 03:32:10 PM

no locks nothing will be opened, maybe that's what I can say, and for myself personally I keep it in cloud
storage because it is still very safe in my opinion for the current time. we just have to enter the email and
surely our data will come back, be concerned about losing your wallet key, hopefully in the future you will be more careful.
grandpix

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 05:41:58 AM

So lost my fund Huh
Sure, you'll never get your account back, it's all gone when you no longer hold your private key, even if you call support is useless. This is a profound lesson, you should back them up carefully.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: