Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can we predict price movement?
Yes
No
I don't know

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkeys: Don't do trend analysis! (with poll)  (Read 301 times)
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1862

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 04:26:33 AM

Okay, the above examples are for stocks, but it should be somewhat applicable to the cryptocurrency market. What do you think?

While I am not really a fan of technical analyses as I am not really convinced of their accuracy, I don't think that a random dart throw is more or less the same.

If you want to try out this random dart throwing in the wide crypto market, say, which coin is worth investing in the following week, or which price range is better for buy or selling, or whether it is buying or selling time right now, the tendency is that you are going to end up losing.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 01:14:04 PM
Merited by mu_enrico (1)

Why does this thing happen? Well, there is a theory called "Random Walk Theory."

Post 2008 financial crisis, there was an attempt made at forensics to distinguish primary causes of the meltdown. One of the observations made during this time was industry standard financial software emulating brownian motion in physics to randomize the future behavior of consumers and markets.

The projected future behavior of consumers and markets being randomized created a type of observational blind spot where some consumers would be projected to buy while others sold. But never in a timeframe where they all bought or sold simultaneously, which would precipitate large market rises or crashes. This led to software utilized in the financial industry being unable to predict the subprime mortgage crash. So it was claimed anyway.

Everything said about random walk theory and related content would appear to be new age ideology of MMT - modern monetary theory.
mu_enrico (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2020, 05:51:01 AM

^Thanks for mention the Brownian motion (not about the software thingy lul). Trend analysis lovers might want to learn about the stochastic process, doesn't have to be deep since it's mainly mathematics.

Nevertheless, even with Geometric Brownian Motion (GBM) plus Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS), the results still fall within probabilities.

The horror is that perhaps the analysts who were beaten by the random darts already use the stochastic process, not just a mere trend analysis.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 02:19:50 PM

If you've watched a chart for long enough you'll know where it's going next. TA for Hull and bear flags and repeat patterns also make it possible to have a pretty clear idea.

Also depending on how they traded is going to change things. If it was equities, while in a bull market, most are going to follow the trend.. If you just keep longing at 3x leverage for example, even in crashes you won't lose anything...
But given this market is lacking consistency, making a prediction will not be a help. It is one's freedom to share his thoughts and speculations but I just cannot see the essence of doing so because the market is inconsistent, a pattern may be formed but that doesn't give assurance of what could happen next. We should expect the unexpected because that is how this market behave. A market price could go up continuously but could also fall down in an instant. Same thing when the market price is falling, the other way around could take place.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 03:56:02 PM

You can talk about any method you want but bitcoin doesn't apply to any of them at all, the other things like gold or stocks or even forex could use those things because there are regulations and overseeing branches of governments and even LOGIC we do not have.

However in crypto things are too wild, we could have bitcoin 30k in a week or 5k and both could be equally possible, do not get me wrong if we are 5k in a week people would be super bummed about it and would be sad and upset but nobody could say that it is impossible, same goes with 30k, that wouldn't be impossible neither that will happen too and people would believe it as well and would be super happy about it. I doubt that people could say the same thing about all other investment stuff.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 04:32:11 PM
Merited by Coyster (1)

I would not trust the random walk theory with my money, nor with a risky investment like Bitcoin (you need to know when it's good time to invest). I'd give a good example, the pattern Bitcoin price usual takes after a halving is a prediction with a premise somewhat, a shrewd investor will rather follow that path, accumulating before the halving and waiting for the next 6-12 months to see if the pattern repeats itself, it very well could/could not, but what I know is it's an Investment that's based on a pattern that has been experienced before, chances are higher of it pulling through.
This is called seasonal trading and it is a very effective way to trade, just to give another example everyone knows that during the winter companies need more oil and a standard movement by those that trade that asset is to begin to buy it during autumn and then sell it when most companies are close to fulfilling their needs for oil, and we can see many examples of this during our everyday lives, for example we can see Halloween pumpkins in October in the supermarket and not in any other month because as we know the demand for those kind of pumpkins skyrockets during that time of the year.

And obviously bitcoin also follows seasonal trading because we know in advance when the halving will happen and smart investors will buy bitcoin months before the event hoping that it goes up in value after the halving takes place.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2020, 11:36:36 PM

Yes we can predict price.

Can we do it with any degree of accuracy? 

Yes but only about 1 second in advance.
Only few person can predict it with accuracy. However, there is no consistent prediction to a person because anytime bitcoin fluctuates. This is the reason why most of the signal or technical analyst said a price with boundaries. Buying from a boundary and selling to a target price seems to be the accurate prediction we can take right now.

Many people have already know that bitcoin may fluctuate higher at the end of this year or next year. But we can't imagine yet where it will place. Does bitcoin reach ATH? WHO KNOWS.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
mu_enrico (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 05:03:31 PM

The result:
Yes   - 9 (56.3%)
No   - 6 (37.5%)
I don't know   - 1 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 16

The question is, from those nine analysts, how many of you correctly predict that the price will be dump to the $10k level?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 05:26:55 PM

The result:
Yes   - 9 (56.3%)
No   - 6 (37.5%)
I don't know   - 1 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 16

The question is, from those nine analysts, how many of you correctly predict that the price will be dump to the $10k level?

I would like to know as well on how they do consider it out on having such precision on using up analysis.I cant deny nor disagree that they dont work but we know that each decision we do made
just really have that 50% chance of succeeding neither it would go up or down as we do able to enter the market.Im sure that 99% didnt really anticipate that we would be heading down on 10k
again yet most of peoples perception or feeling is already on talking in levels of 13k as we break that 12k barrier but it seems this isnt still the right time for such price.I do make use of technicals
but im not really that relying when it comes to precision yet market is always been unpredictable and even to those so-called expert or pros then they are just typical speculators also.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: