Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PoW/PoS/MN] [Quark] NADir, a community-driven experiment in governance  (Read 776 times)
nadircoin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 05:18:29 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2020, 05:28:35 PM by nadircoin

NADir ($NAD) is an experiment trying to find the perfect balance between a 'meme-coin' and actual use-cases. The jokes are all there:

"Are you hodling $NADs?"

"A sack full of $NAD"

...and so on in that fashion.

But NAD is also about having a low-supply coin that doesn't worry about tx speed, but focuses on creating actual utility at the direction of the community. NAD-hodlers will be able to vote on where project funds are spent, and we are already developing our own mining pool, block explorer, and exploring other avenues such as a coin-price/stat index that doesn't charge for listings or use - but instead earns from on-site advertising. We are also looking into methods of 'wrapping' the coin for trade as an ERC-20 in order to facilitate faster trade for those who may want that.

More importantly, we are open to new ideas & directions for this project to go. We don't just want to hold our NADs; we want YOU to hold our NADs as well! And when you talk to your friends about exciting blockchain projects, we definitely want our NADs to be in your mouth.

We have been testing & mining NADs for a bit, although we are looking for suggestions on what to do with excess NADs - whether it be an airdrop to the first users, incentive to early miners, or to bring on more team members.

Additionally, we are looking for talented devs and web designers to help implement additional features. Imagine catching a drip from a NADs faucet? But enough with the bad wordplay & double entendres...here's what our NADs look like:

https://ibb.co/bK4dSwL
https://ibb.co/f8q4HQf

Algorithm   Quark
Block type   Proof-of-Work/Proof-of-Stake
Coin name   NADIR
Coin abbreviation   NAD
Address letter   N
RPC port   22339
P2P port   22340
Block reward   69 coins
Block reward (PoS)   69 coins
Coin supply   6969696 coins
Premine amount   69696 coins

Last PoW block   block 100000
Superblock reward   14%
Masternode reward   69%
Masternode amount   6969 coins
Masternode confirmations   19 blocks
Coinbase maturity   68 ( + 1 default confirmation) blocks
Target spacing   6 minutes
Target timespan   12 minutes
Transaction confirmations   19 blocks

We currently have Windows & Linux daemons, as well as Windows, Linux, and Mac wallets. Be the first on your block to start filling your NAD sacks, as it takes 6969 NADs in order to start a Masternad!

https://github.com/nadircryptocurrency/Nadir-Core/releases/tag/v1.0

Very easy setup. Just add the nodes to a nadir.conf , open the wallet, go into debug console, and type: setgenerate true [# of cpu threads]

addnode=95.179.130.168
addnode=199.247.27.44
addnode=66.42.90.205
addnode=140.82.38.177

We also have a short tutorial explaining how to set up your own Masternad, here: https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/view/xkV4vy+oyyD0qTvZ+052uhE76tfnsl4hWoN+Cpxgq7k/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Keltrentt

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 07:18:57 PM

We have been testing & mining NADs for a bit, although we are looking for suggestions on what to do with excess NADs - whether it be an airdrop to the first users, incentive to early miners, or to bring on more team members.

Having an airdrop for the early adopters would be great
ShllFT

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 07:41:07 PM

NADir ($NAD) is an experiment trying to find the perfect balance between a 'meme-coin' and actual use-cases. The jokes are all there:

Hi, could u please compile the cli and tx file for linux? there is only the daemon in the releases.

Thank you!
INRI

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 07:41:15 PM

no website?
no logo?
no pool?
cli is missing too...
nadircoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 07:48:09 PM

Having an airdrop for the early adopters would be great

Great idea! We're doing a teabag drop on Twitter for 690 NAD!

https://twitter.com/ShitcoinSherpa/status/1297257417122762753

Hi, could u please compile the cli and tx file for linux? there is only the daemon in the releases.

Thank you!

Should also be the qt; working on getting the rest in order for linux users

https://github.com/nadircryptocurrency/Nadir-Core/releases/download/v1.0/nadir-qt-linux.tar.gz

no website?
no logo?
no pool?
cli is missing too...

We're working on all of that, but we felt it was more important to open mining up to anyone who wanted to hop on, rather than hogging the earliest blocks for ourselves.
INRI

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 07:53:43 PM

have you tried to mine your coin by a pool? it does not work:

ERROR nadir Block does not start with a coinbase

only rejects
nadircoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 08:00:45 PM

have you tried to mine your coin by a pool? it does not work:

ERROR nadir Block does not start with a coinbase

only rejects

Have not; should be fixable by going to coin config & setting "getblocktemplate":"POS" , but will double-check with our dev to make sure.
ShllFT

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 08:28:59 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2020, 08:42:13 PM by ShllFT

TRied to compile it and got this error from ./autogen.sh

Code:
configure.ac:427: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_LIB
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:1022: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_CHECK_MODULES
configure.ac:1049: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_HEADER

do u know how to fix this?  

I think i'Ve tried everything  i found from google already xp haha

Have to compile it myself because when i use the daemon you gave i receive this error:

Code:
nadird: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by nadird)
nadird: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by nadird)

Trying to put it in a mining pool Smiley

Thank you!

VVVTRADER

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 08:46:48 PM

Target spacing   6 minutes
Target timespan   12 minutes

Huh Huh
Is it that slow?
nadircoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 08:53:18 PM

TRied to compile it and got this error from ./autogen.sh

Code:

do u know how to fix this?  

I think i'Ve tried everything  i found from google already xp haha

Have to compile it myself because when i use the daemon you gave i receive this error:

Code:
nadird: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by nadird)
nadird: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by nadird)

Trying to put it in a mining pool Smiley

Thank you!

Have you tried sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

or

/auto.sh

?

Likely incorrect tools version, but I'm not a Linux native so just trying to help out with anything I can - hope that works! Let me know, and if not, will pass it on to the dev. =)

edit: dev said this might help: https://discordapp.com/channels/745251532345311344/745253008333471764/746836163008135269

Huh Huh
Is it that slow?

Oh, yes. We're mostly looking to be used with internal transactions on a central site/hub, rather than aiming to be a tx-speed coin that is focused on just being fast.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 08:55:51 PM

no website?
no logo?
no pool?
cli is missing too...

We're working on all of that, but we felt it was more important to open mining up to anyone who wanted to hop on, rather than hogging the earliest blocks for ourselves.

It's great that you are allowing the community to mine at early blocks but I have seen a lot of community-driven projects and their developments was so slow, they just gave up and abandoned the project. Since this is like experimental project also, what will be the dev's strongest motivation to keep up this project? What particular use case are they focusing on? Is there really use case for this project or just  saying it will have to entice some crypto users on board? Let's see...
nadircoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:04:30 PM

no website?
no logo?
no pool?
cli is missing too...

It's great that you are allowing the community to mine at early blocks but I have seen a lot of community-driven projects and their developments was so slow, they just gave up and abandoned the project. Since this is like experimental project also, what will be the dev's strongest motivation to keep up this project? What particular use case are they focusing on? Is there really use case for this project or just  saying it will have to entice some crypto users on board? Let's see...

I definitely think that there is a use-case, as we have a lot planned & in-motion from the get-go. But as motivation, we aren't doing any sort of sale or OTC with our coins. Each team member gets one masternode; that's it. We aren't paying anyone BTC or anything else, and the last thing we're looking for is a quick listing & cash-grab. We went with PoW initially because we felt like too many people are pumping out ETH tokens & selling them like hotcakes on Uniswap. We don't want that. We want to see if we can build use-cases and a community organically.
ShllFT

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:06:09 PM

or

/auto.sh

edit: dev said this might help: https://discordapp.com/channels/745251532345311344/745253008333471764/746836163008135269

Thank you for quick answer!  

Yes libdb4.8 etc is installed ty : P,

did you mean  ./autogen.sh  instead of  /auto.sh?

Can you check please the  discordapp.com link you posted, it gives nothing when i clicked on it Tongue

Thank you!
VVVTRADER

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:08:58 PM

Every time the wallet closes and then opens again, it can't be synced, I feel there is a network problem and I can't mine coins.
nadircoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:11:32 PM

or

/auto.sh

Thank you for quick answer!  

Yes libdb4.8 etc is installed ty : P,

did you mean  ./autogen.sh  instead of  /auto.sh?

Can you check please the  discordapp.com link you posted, it gives nothing when i clicked on it Tongue

Thank you!

No problem! Sorry about that; the link should've been: https://forum.linuxgameconsortium.com/t/libstdc-so-6-version-glibcxx-3-4-22-not-found-fix/316

Every time the wallet closes and then opens again, it can't be synced, I feel there is a network problem and I can't mine coins.

Did you add the nodes to a nadir.conf ?
ShllFT

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:28:42 PM

That fixed it thank you!

By curisioty, do the dev knows how to fix the error i had at the beginning at ./autogen.sh:

Code:

Thanks Smiley!
VVVTRADER

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:29:50 PM

Added, sync is done.Opened it again and it's stuck at 50% won't move.
nadircoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 09:37:17 PM

Added, sync is done.Opened it again and it's stuck at 50% won't move.

It should still be mining & syncing; it just seems to keep displaying 50% for the first bit. My Windows wallet isn't having that error anymore, but I've also caught a few blocks.

That fixed it thank you!

By curisioty, do the dev knows how to fix the error i had at the beginning at ./autogen.sh:

You're welcome! Glad it helped. I will pass that on to dev, and see if they can help with the autogen.sh issue.
ShllFT

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 10:07:10 PM

You're welcome! Glad it helped. I will pass that on to dev, and see if they can help with the autogen.sh issue.

Awesome that would be very helpful so i'll be able to put it on main pool that uses 18.04 linux and build windows 32 bits qt wallet too.

Thank you!

EDIT:

Having same error here about:

Code:
 *** REJECTED :( NADIR block 1266 1 txs
  ERROR: rpc_do_call: 127.0.0.1:22339 500
  ERROR NADIR Block does not start with a coinbase

Still i checked masternodes,  put  RPC type to POS in setting of yiimp + added in .conf file like you mentioned, , tried all other possibilities too with POW etc result is the same,  if that can help the dev to eliminate the factors Tongue
nadircoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 10:43:30 PM

Quick update; still checking into it, but thought I'd pass this along...

the autogen thingy is probably a missing package, but I'm not sure yet which one
it's probably the pkg-config or the autoconf-archive package that's missing I'd say...
ask him to make sure both these are installed
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: