Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:47:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin vs Dan Larimer  (Read 218 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 11:21:14 PM

[.. snip ..]

Exactly. Vitalik has been more involved in the crypto/Blockchain space than Dan himself. Ethereum is in the spotlight right now, whereas EOS is behind it every step of the way. While Dan Larimer invented DPoS and the world's first decentralized exchange, his projects haven't been quite popular as Vitalik's. Consider how Bitshares and STEEM turned out to become after Dan Larimer departed from them. They're now practically abandoned, as the focus has shifted into Dan's latest blockchain project dubbed EOS. But his latest creation is still unable to compete with Ethereum due to its utterly centralized model.

Based on years of experience, Vitalik has a greater level of knowledge regarding crypto/Blockchain tech than Dan himself. They're still prominent figures in the crypto space. But people often admire Vitalik, because of his large contributions to this emerging industry. The fact that Ethereum is extremely popular these days, tell us that Vitalik will be getting all of the attention for as long as crypto/Blockchain exists in cyberspace. Just my thoughts Grin

I'll tend to agree with you, Vitalik used to be a bitcoin developer (correct me If I'm wrong), but he sees something different that's why he started his own project and called it Ethereum. And guess what, it become so successful that Ethereum is synonymous to Vitalik Buterin already. So he is very influential to blockchain technology itself and one of the prominent figures and we could say that only Satoshi Nakamoto's name is more recognised than him in crypto space.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 08:31:00 PM

I'll tend to agree with you, Vitalik used to be a bitcoin developer (correct me If I'm wrong), but he sees something different that's why he started his own project and called it Ethereum. And guess what, it become so successful that Ethereum is synonymous to Vitalik Buterin already. So he is very influential to blockchain technology itself and one of the prominent figures and we could say that only Satoshi Nakamoto's name is more recognised than him in crypto space.

I think Vitalik began in the crypto/Blockchain space way before Dan Larimer. Some people consider Vitalik to be Ethereum's version of Satoshi Nakamoto because of his years of experience in the industry. He's an early crypto figure recognized by many people worldwide. Creating the world's first smart contract platform powered by the Blockchain, Vitalik has obtained mainstream recognition unlike any other figure in the crypto/Blockchain space. While Dan invented DPoS and the world's first decentralized exchange powered by Blockchain technology (someone correct me if I'm wrong), most of his projects are now "flying off the radar". Bitshares and STEEM are very unpopular these days in the crypto/Blockchain space. Dan's latest creation (dubbed EOS) mimics Ethereum, so we can't speak of originality here. Many claimed EOS to be the "Ethereum Killer" only to find that they were wrong about it. The level of centralization on EOS is high, making it an unsuitable competitor against Ethereum.

In the end, I believe that Vitalik Buterin will have all the attention in the mainstream world since all the projects he's been involved with, have been widely successful in the mainstream world. Daniel Larimer will still be a prominent figure in the crypto/Blockchain space. But he won't be as recognized the same way as Vitalik. Both figures have their respective strengths and weaknesses which can be used for the advancement of Blockchain technology. By combining ideas, we can make crypto land a better place. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: