Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with setting a coin's total and initial supply  (Read 128 times)
mrlapes (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 10:53:03 AM

hi,

i hope this is the right sub-forum.

im setting up a erc-20 token and aim to target a specific industry.

the aim of the token to be used in conjuction with industry and locally related businesses.

i know nothing new, i just want to have the right amount in total and initial supply - without fucking it up from the get go as you cant change the amount.

im more from a marketing background than crytpo , ive got the domain and the ticker sorted, just need some advice to get going or suggested further reading etc - then i can work on the idea and see if takes hold, instead of promising the world in an ico

(also dev fund amount, airdrop amount, premine?)

the one competitor i have found has total supply 100,000,000,000 - i think that is ridicously high no.

thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 12:42:31 PM

Reading your thread I didn't see you mentioning the name of the project you intend to develop. And I have to say you don't discourage with the number of supply of your competitor. You need to have a good project.

Anyway IMO I think marketing section can be better for your thread.
Link of it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 01:41:15 PM

i just want to have the right amount in total and initial supply - without fucking it up from the get go as you cant change the amount.
There are some projects that have changed there crypto total supply amount and ETH is among such project but I believe the best way for you not to messing concern total supply selection is by checking every competitor in the market and choose the supply that is lower than there own which was the strategy the YFI team used to captivate investors.

the one competitor i have found has total supply 100,000,000,000 - i think that is ridicously high no.

thanks in advance
This total supply hinder the surge in price of the project and it ridiculous as you said but I will advice you to choose total supply from 30,0000 to 2,000,000 range.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 02:41:07 PM

Can you be more specific with your question? What do you wanna do? If you wanna setting the initial supply and total supply of coin and you should know what will be the purpose of your coin.

in my opinion if the supply of coin doesn't matter a lot as long as you have developed a useful product. If you are seeing CMC and some projects with billion supply can make its token worth a few dollar for each token while there was also another project with the same supply that each of its coin worth zero value.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 03:46:14 PM

Supply is the least concern I have seen projects becomes a useless coin with less supply than all the other coins and I've seen projects with billions supply and become one of the top coin in the market, check Ethereum and Tron with billions of supply.
The biggest concern should be your platform and what it's going to bring to the community or the industry that you are going to target
investors are educated they know what to look into a project and supply is not even one of their concern.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 07:06:14 PM

I would say bitcoin is not a bad example if you want to follow that path, I mean we are at a very high marketcap so it is not really that bad to have 21 million coin supply overall and if you can make it work that means you are going to have expensive coins as well.

Obviously no new coin could ever reach bitcoin, but it just shows that you do not need 100 million or 500 million coins. Look at XRP for example, not only they have insane amount of coins, they also keep printing whenever they want to.

Make sure that you make it decentralized and whatever you do before you release is done and after you release it, there shouldn't be any improvements because it should be good enough without changing it, if you need to change something after the release, that means it is not decentralized and you can control it.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 03, 2020, 11:29:16 PM

100-B of supply? correct if I excess with the zeros.

I reckon the suggestion of going near to bitcoin's supply limit. You don't have to create that much. And what's more important is the use of the token.

Rather than the supply limit.

Signature for rent
mr.smith

Activity: 119
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 02:10:42 AM

I can't understand why OP is having issues with the supply it has no impact in the future or even the potential of the project if he is a good developer he will never ask this, it's newbie stuff, should have asked about the project potential algo or marketing but not supply, developers are not concentrating on it they are more on whitepaper and roadmap of the project.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: