Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:07:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitrefill has no notification for not Using RBF  (Read 189 times)
RapTarX (OP)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 05:19:04 PM

I have used Bitrefill for the first time today if I can remember correctly. It was not a good experience with them although they were faster enough. I was in need of fund in my paytm account and were trying to convert from BTC. I have used electrum to send the fund and opted in RBF so that I could increase the fee if required but unlucky me; Bitrefill doesn't allow you to get instant exchange if you opted in RBF as they think it can be reversed or so.
To get instant exchange, you have to send fund without RBF opted in and in that case, you are likely to get exchange your desired balance even with zero fee tx.
The problem is Bitrefill could have shown a pop up of not using RBF opted tx; otherwise, people like me have to wait longer which I had to as I used low fee and RBF opted in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3625

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2020, 06:08:36 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

You need to read this post, it will give you more information ---> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5255877.0

I am not sure why they did not accept RBF transaction, but you should write to the support team and I do not think that your money will be in danger, even if you use RBF.
Next time when you want faster confirmations, use the lightning network or use any of the altcoins.

I haven't used Bitrefill in a while so I don't think I can give you accurate information.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 09, 2020, 07:59:04 PM

I am not sure why they did not accept RBF transaction, but you should write to the support team and I do not think that your money will be in danger, even if you use RBF.
It's not that they don't accept RBF transactions, but rather that they don't accept zero confirmation RBF transactions. In fact, I'm fairly sure they don't accept zero confirmation transactions at all any more, despite what their website says, so RapTarX would have been out of luck regardless.

If you need instant orders in the future, then your options are either to deposit BTC to your Bitrefill account in advance and then pay for cards using your account balance, or to pay via Lightning.
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 02:19:35 AM

RBF transactions are, by design, easy to double spend up until it has been confirmed. As such, it would be illogical for any business to accept a zero conf RBF tx.

I believe bitrefill will accept zero conf transactions up to certain limits as long as certain conditions are met about the transaction, and the state of the mempool (and likely how many other unconfirmed transactions to them are pending).
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2020, 04:56:18 AM

Why are you using a low fee in the first place? You could wait for the mempool to clear out and allow the fees to drop before sending. I know this sounds strange but when you are in an emergency need for money but dont forget that the money you get with Bitrefill on any digital wallet service is non-transferable.

So it is better to top them up at your leisure and not when you need it the most. The fees tend to increase with the price rise of bitcoin clogging the mempool but I would say you were out of luck here.

Have you tried moving to LN for sending these transactions?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 07:15:42 AM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

I believe bitrefill will accept zero conf transactions up to certain limits as long as certain conditions are met about the transaction
Their FAQ still states that they will accept zero confirmation bitcoin transactions valued at under $200 which have a "sufficient transaction fee", although they do not say what constitutes a "sufficient transaction fee". Their order pages still say 6 sat/vbyte, but they have said that consistently for months regardless of what the mempool is doing, so that definitely is not accurate.

However, if you read the thread linked to above, specifically this post and this post, it seems they no longer accept zero confirmation transactions at all.
RapTarX (OP)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 03:47:50 PM

They do accept zero confirmation tx too which I have read when I was waiting for confirmation; there was a message like, " To get instant service, please avoid RBF tx in the future." But there was no such notification before sending the tx. They should have the message before anyone sending tx. Anyway, I have gotten what I have ordered for. Without this, it was a good service after all.

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 06:40:10 PM

I believe bitrefill will accept zero conf transactions up to certain limits as long as certain conditions are met about the transaction
Their FAQ still states that they will accept zero confirmation bitcoin transactions valued at under $200 which have a "sufficient transaction fee", although they do not say what constitutes a "sufficient transaction fee". Their order pages still say 6 sat/vbyte, but they have said that consistently for months regardless of what the mempool is doing, so that definitely is not accurate.

However, if you read the thread linked to above, specifically this post and this post, it seems they no longer accept zero confirmation transactions at all.

Hmm. Huh..... I could swear i successfully used their 0-conf service for ~<50$ transaction a couple weeks ago... Am I going crazy?

Can't remember what fee-band my transaction was in, but it was definitely much higher than 6 sat/b though.

I might be wrong so i'll try this again in a few and update accordingly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: