Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After growing an account, what next?  (Read 435 times)
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 08:28:03 AM

Having a high Bitcointalk rank is I think overly fantasized. Though I'm personally proud of having a high rank, there really isn't that much up here, really. It really just mostly matters if you're here for campaigns and selling services and such, which I guess are the reasons why most people are here for. 🤷‍♂️

Having high rank means that you have many merits (as we need merits to get higher ranks) and having merits means that one is a good poster and people like to read and give merits to his post. So basically it is not all about ranking up or applying in signature campaign, its also a way to gain respect in the forum and make you stand ahead among others.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 12:13:00 PM

Having a high Bitcointalk rank is I think overly fantasized. Though I'm personally proud of having a high rank, there really isn't that much up here, really. It really just mostly matters if you're here for campaigns and selling services and such, which I guess are the reasons why most people are here for. 🤷‍♂️

Having high rank means that you have many merits (as we need merits to get higher ranks) and having merits means that one is a good poster and people like to read and give merits to his post. So basically it is not all about ranking up or applying in signature campaign, its also a way to gain respect in the forum and make you stand ahead among others.

As long as you got your rank in the most respectable way, and you are actually helping other users here, then its all good. Its just that other members focus on ranking up that they forgot to really better themselves, I'm not in the position to say this but I felt like there are other high ranks who didn't deserve to be there, and there are low ranks who are really good in posting.

I think OP is saying that you shouldn't focus on ranks. You should not focus on the perks it have, such as "gaining respect" and "stand among others" just like you say. I think they got it cause they are really respectable. Some here stand among others too, and are gaining respect too, even with their low ranks.

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 05:53:30 PM

As the old man says, "It takes years to build a reputation, but takes seconds to ruin it".

No matter how much you've gone far to grow and build your reputation here on Bitcointalk, doing something stupid after that would definitely waste all the time you've spent and you're gonna go back to square one once again.

Growing an account is hard, and it's part of the process that make you become one of the most valuable members of Bitcointalk. Maintaining it is much more harder. Once we are not careful of our choice of words or actions, all of the time and effort we've spent growing our account will be all put to waste.

As for me, our reputation is much more expensive than our bank accounts.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 06:42:57 PM

"After growing an account, what next?"
Consistency and repetition. If you like to being detective, keep doing that. Bitcointalk is only a place. Your consistency and repetition are the things that will keep this forum as a main reference site before someone throwing their time and money on to crypto.

BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1150

View Profile
September 06, 2020, 10:20:18 PM

"After growing an account, what next?"
Consistency and repetition. If you like to being detective, keep doing that. Bitcointalk is only a place. Your consistency and repetition are the things that will keep this forum as a main reference site before someone throwing their time and money on to crypto.
I think consistency is the main thing to maintain. Its hard to consistently do thing like post quality stuff on forum when the mood is bad. So far, I still try not to post useless junk and try to consistently give the best for every answer. But I really dont feel satisfied with what I can achieve so at this point I never feel comfortable and want to keep improving. I believe knowledge has no end and will continue until death.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████