Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:58:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comparing different blockchain platforms  (Read 63 times)
KryptoKings (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 08:29:29 AM
Merited by Igebotz (1)

I found this useful article that compared different blockchain platforms. Author intend to add more blockchain platforms in coming days and keep this updated.
You can check full article here https://medium.com/coinmonks/unhyped-comparison-of-blockchain-platforms-679e122947c1

The following image shows comparison between these platforms.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 10:15:52 AM

I think there are some debatable points. Transaction fees on Ethereum are not that cheap, especially if you are interacting with smart contracts. The "half of Bitcoin" is also questionable, did the author compare the hashrate or something? 1st gen etc all needs more explanation. Not to mention SegWit should be included in the scalability options too IMO.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 12:13:08 PM

this is a poorly created and very biased comparison with false points to compare while attempting to advertise altcoins that the creator is probably bag holding.

for example when it compares energy consumption it has to be a ratio of energy versus utility versus security. then you can see that bitcoin would get a ratio of something like 0.001 while others get ratio of higher than 10 at least because they don't have utility or security. in other words bitcoin converts the energy to something useful while these altcoins waste it.

TPS, tx per block and tx fee should be compared in a coin per size or at least dollar per size metric not pure dollar value. if bitcoin reaches a million dollar tomorrow its minimum fee would be still the same 1 sat/byte but the dollar equivalent suddenly becomes $2.5 minimum.
for example in a coin like ethereum that both has a lot lower price than bitcoin and also a much smaller transactions the tx fee reported in that picture is considered enourmous when converted to coin per size (eg. ETH/byte) instead of pure $ value.

DAPS, DEX and DEFI are the same exact thing, and are all token creation. not to mention that they have no real world applications. for example DEX is not really an "exchange" it is a token swap platform where you can only swap one ICO token for another ICO token!

as for scaling ETH 2.0 is not a scaling solution, it is a money earning solution for those who hold the premined coins. sharding is also not a scaling solution but a centralization solution.

there is cross chain communication in bitcoin with atomic swaps.

there are a lot more points but i don't want to waste more time on this poor comparison. there are also some parts that i don't understand such as "zones" in scalability option which i have to investigate further.

There is a FOMO brewing...
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 04:22:51 PM

I agree with the ones who preceded me as this thread does not really belong here. Comparing bitcoin to those other things, it is like comparing apples and oranges.
It looks like some blatant shilling of Cosmos as for the many YES it provides.
I found the "blockchain generation" row ultimately pointless. I would argue that bitcoin can not be compared to those protocols really.

this is a poorly created and very biased comparison with false points to compare while attempting to advertise altcoins that the creator is probably bag holding.

as for scaling ETH 2.0 is not a scaling solution, it is a money earning solution for those who hold the premined coins. sharding is also not a scaling solution but a centralization solution.

In fact, I agree with the above a lot!
Bitcoin has some real developments going on for scaling on a transactional level on layer 2 (LN). ETH 2.0 is some snake-oil to fool noobs and newcomers into believing that ETH will be better after that. I would rather use Peercoin instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: