Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:27:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free script for Bitcoin / USDT trading that I have developed. With backtesting.  (Read 35 times)
Sofex (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2023, 04:18:54 PM

Hi everyone,

This is a thread about technical analysis and my script developed in Python first, then in PineScript.
All cards on the table - I offer paid scripts too, but this post is specifically about this free one and since I haven't received any feedback in the comments, I would like to look for some here.

I am posting a script that I have developed for BTCBitcoin, it is hosted on TradingView, but it is completely free.

Honestly, I am looking for feedback on my approach, which is:

- Seeking high volatility, but not in ranging markets. For example, this and last September (2022) has seen big volatility but in ranging conditions.
- When there is a trend, aggressively following it with small stop-losses.

What I face as an issue is that by seeking high-volatility, the script enters at mostly tops and bottoms of trends.
To counter that, I use a 1:1 Take-Profit to Stop-Loss ratio so that the last losing trade would not do any damage.

The script uses Perry Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average, ATR and ADX to seek trends and catch volatile moves.

Please, give it a look and I would love to see suggestions on how to improve it. (or even if it's a good approach)

https://www.tradingview.com/script/3czV5ifO-SOFEX-Strong-Volatility-Trend-Follower-Backtesting/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: