Bitcoin Forum
January 22, 2020, 08:26:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 784 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.0  (Read 1039539 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:56:23 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 05:24:53 PM by V500

what's going on with mintpal? Dancing like Coinex? Shifting blame? Nobody in charge? How many Uno is missing? I was able to withdraw all mine. What's the damage? Not more than 1 ton from everyone combined, is it? Hope everyone was able to withdraw their uno.

edit:
found this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.0

it says 255 uno missing (2btc worth / roughly 0.05% of all the missing funds)

... less than 0,2% of supply. Won't have such a negative impact on the market like coinex did, which is good news. 255 is much less than i would have thought. Well done containing the damage as much as possible, everyone! 

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
disamsal

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:55:50 PM

well i still have some UNO @cryptorush  Shocked
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:05:05 PM

Welcome, Disamsal!

Those guys at Unbreakable Auctions? 'Kay, who remembers Sears and Roebucks Catalogs? We can turn Un-Ex into that: comics, beer, bullion -- anything that can be mailed.

M
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:07:13 PM

turns out: 13th of october dump was a noob. Where is that guy now? I got orders for cheap coins. Not getting filled for weeks? Dumps please?  Kiss
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1019

Unobtanium: Rare, Fair, Vetted.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 10:26:10 PM

what's going on with mintpal? Dancing like Coinex? Shifting blame? Nobody in charge? How many Uno is missing? I was able to withdraw all mine. What's the damage? Not more than 1 ton from everyone combined, is it? Hope everyone was able to withdraw their uno.

edit:
found this:

... less than 0,2% of supply. Won't have such a negative impact on the market like coinex did, which is good news. 255 is much less than i would have thought. Well done containing the damage as much as possible, everyone!  
I've been keeping a private tally as people let me know about their MP losses. I know it is at least 500 Uno.  255 of that was me, trying to provide some liquidity for that market.
It would be easy to estimate at least 2 thousand Uno on MP (maybe more), based on what I remember about the order book.  I don't think there was gigantic amount of Uno entrusted to MP, but certainly enough to account for some large recent dumps.

One of the original MP founders wrote today that some altcoin cold storage wallets were retrieved from MP v1 servers. He stepped up to pay the server bill out of his own pocket so they wouldn't be destroyed by the hosting company. I asked him today if Uno was among those recovered and am hoping he gives a response.

V500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:43:56 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 10:58:13 PM by V500

edit:
found this:

I've been keeping a private tally as people let me know about their MP losses. I know it is at least 500 Uno.  255 of that was me, trying to provide some liquidity for that market.
It would be easy to estimate at least 2 thousand Uno on MP (maybe more), based on what I remember about the order book.  I don't think there was gigantic amount of Uno entrusted to MP, but certainly enough to account for some large recent dumps.

One of the original MP founders wrote today that some altcoin cold storage wallets were retrieved from MP v1 servers. He stepped up to pay the server bill out of his own pocket so they wouldn't be destroyed by the hosting company. I asked him today if Uno was among those recovered and am hoping he gives a response.

So their  'coldstorage' wasn't a coldstorage at all? Interesting.
Can they maybe provide some of their adresses? If we do the old 'let's follow the coins we deposited to them back then' we could maybe find out if the dump of 2 weeks ago really was them or not. Can they provide their "coldstorage" adresses?
Oh, what a mess that shop is  Roll Eyes

As always: i don't believe a word they say.
Can't be so stupid to buy an exchange but not get it handed over properly. Either total amateurs or lying to their teeth.

Watching it. Their twitter is such a drama.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:17:45 PM

Coindesk: check the article on the gambling site knocking back US customers.

Mintpal: I will.eventually understand enough to pull my weight

M
V500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:09:39 AM

@FK

i don't think it was as much as 2k
There wasn't more than 800 on the books before migration (more like 300 to 500). Hard to tell now. 
I was able to withdraw my coins after migration so not 100% of coins have been lost there. 

It certainly would help if we could get adresses from their "coldstorage" to see the coins on the explorer. I'll be asking too. That's the least they should be able do for us.

----

I'd suggest to people to send FK in some way a message (can be anon) if you have uno locked in MP so we can get a better picture of what the potential damage is. I personally hope it won't be huge amounts.

FallingKnife
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 01:51:16 AM

edit:
found this:

So their  'coldstorage' wasn't a coldstorage at all? Interesting.  
They may not have had enough Uno to bother with cold storage.
I've been digging around in the rockchain based on a few transfers I made to and from MP. It all seems to lead to just hot wallets and not cold storage.

I think this is a list of MP hot wallets, based on Chainz' taint function:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/wallet.dws?54813.htm

If you sent Uno to MintPal, do you find any of your MP deposit addresses in this list?

Its all just speculation. I should have kept better records I guess. If these tainted wallets really are connected to MP, we're looking at only about 1320 Uno left out there. It makes my head hurt to try and follow this stuff.

V500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:08:56 AM

@FK
you're probably right about them not having coldstorage for uno

I see approx. 1300 on the explorer. That's an amount that i would feel is about right they could have held. But in case the taintanalysis would be correct  there would still be some hope since the coins are still in those adresses. Would be good to get that verified by Moolah.

FallingKnife
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 02:57:32 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 03:13:13 AM by FallingKnife

@FK
you're probably right about them not having coldstorage for uno

I see approx. 1300 on the explorer. That's an amount that i would feel is about right they could have held. But in case the taintanalysis would be correct  there would still be some hope since the coins are still in those adresses. Would be good to get that verified by Moolah.

Yeah, 1.3 ton feels about right for that market.
Here's the actual deposit I made to one of my MintPal addresses:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?ue2rgaZY5xU8eCDBARMbWeZUTxvKvS7kYV.htm

I remember I was cautious about MP at the time, so I first sent a 1 un transaction to make sure it would arrive.  

All of the coins I deposited are still in that MintPal Uno address, even though I have withdrawn about 150 Uno and only had 255 on account at the time they went down. Somehow, they just never got around to tapping this wallet.

We can keep an eye on this wallet. If it moves, then it's because MP/Alex Green is moving it.  

V500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:50:43 AM

We can keep an eye on this wallet. If it moves, then it's because MP/Alex Green is moving it.  

we'll be watching that for sure.

"Alex Green" ... I knew the first second i heard this name it wasn't a real one. What a person.

I feel a bit guilty for encouraging trading on Mintpal in the past. I too didn't know this would turn out like that. I'll not recommend cryptoexchanges again or encourage trading anywhere after seeing how fast these things can turn bad.

edit:
Moolah keeps ignoring me  Angry

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1008

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:37:36 AM

I'll not recommend cryptoexchanges again or encourage trading anywhere after seeing how fast these things can turn bad.

I suggest the following:
1. UNO become a strong advocate of not having major deposits on any Exchange.*Already there mostly
2. Known for providing credit assessments of exchanges*V500 and FN you guys are great chain sleuths, so get paid2do
3. UNO leads a drive for 'no trust' automatic trade system/platform

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Benefactor

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:12:49 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 05:39:42 AM by Benefactor

(maybe we can go to block speed 120 ... next year ... blazr??)

Nooooo!

YouTube:  Awesome Nooooo Compilation!
V500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:23:09 AM

(maybe we can go to block speed 120 ... next year ... blazr??)

Nooooo!

YouTube:  Awesome Nooooo Compilation!

lol

@BTCNational

what's a "'no trust' automatic trade system/platform" ? What you had in mind?

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1008

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:22:24 AM

I watched 10mins of ... Nooooo!  
Still I like the 120sec blocks change (next year as in +365 days from now when reward is so so smallllll)
Call it OCD but I like balance/perfection ... like element#120 ... but it's item #46623909 on the list of things to be done.

@BTCNational
What's a "'no trust' automatic trade system/platform" ? What you had in mind?

Some app/client that keeps the coins in your control but matches orders (market making feature).
Still requires 3rd party trust but for like 2minutes, if the deal fails then coins are automatically resent to owner.

3rd party trust can be distributed.  Some social media platform (see localbitcoins/ebay) that tracks trade records and establishes who are the good actors.

This will have to come out of the coin community as a whole.  I think UNO can lead the way.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:34:35 AM

@ Bitcoin National [Gotta kip for a while]:

Number 3 I don't quite understand; but yes! Your ideas fit my notion of keeping the automated exchanges on a very tight leash.

m
V500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:51:23 AM

I watched 10mins of ... Nooooo!  
Still I like the 120sec blocks change (next year as in +365 days from now when reward is so so smallllll)
Call it OCD but I like balance/perfection ... like element#120 ... but it's item #46623909 on the list of things to be done.

@BTCNational
What's a "'no trust' automatic trade system/platform" ? What you had in mind?

Some app/client that keeps the coins in your control but matches orders (market making feature).
Still requires 3rd party trust but for like 2minutes, if the deal fails then coins are automatically resent to owner.

automated trade-platforms are way more simple than those decentralized exchanges nobody gets going 100%.
Can be done by anyone with some skills. Very good idea. I think there should be some of those platforms out there like coinswap (they appear to have made a workover). In the end of the day it's just getting listed if people would want to trade that way and demand is there. Won't be a biggy since those platforms are small anyways. The one opening an order will still have to deposit coins until the order is filled though. But generally a good thing, reduces risk for at least one party in the trade. It is already available but not many are using it.

learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:04:41 AM

we'll be watching that for sure.

"Alex Green" ... I knew the first second i heard this name it wasn't a real one. What a person.

I feel a bit guilty for encouraging trading on Mintpal in the past. I too didn't know this would turn out like that. I'll not recommend cryptoexchanges again or encourage trading anywhere after seeing how fast these things can turn bad.

edit:
Moolah keeps ignoring me  Angry
Mintpal V1 under their original owners was IMO a great exchange, there's no shame in recommending that platform in the past. Ever since the VRC debacle there was reason to be cautions (their security was obviously not as good as it could have been) and I withdrew most of my coins in the following weeks. Swore to never leave more than 1 BTC worth of coins on there and stuck with that rule.

Nobody could forsee the massive scam that was behind Moolah and the takeover though. Moolah and Alex Green were well respcted before this happened, only after the V2 relaunch was such an obvious debacle the facade started to fall apart.

We're lucky UNO wasn't as huge on Mintpal as some other coins. Several high volume alts have seen huge dumps the past week, which is very likely due to the stolen alts being "cashed out" for BTC.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:30:13 PM

Reading; learning
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 784 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.