Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:03:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 10:25:58 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 10:52:32 PM by FallingKnife

Ok, sorry... let me rethink what I just posted a few moments ago.

While it should be possible for Uno to continue to be mined directly,   nobody would do that because Uno's difficulty would go through the roof.  

So even though our current pools could continue to mine Uno directly, the difficulty would become so astronomically high that it wouldn't be worth it for them.  Essentially, we would lose our current pools who don't already mine Btc.   I think smaller pools like multipools.tk would probably drop out of the game.  Coinking.io & multipool.us would likely be able to swing it, since they already mine Btc.  Solo mining Uno would be virtually impossible.

The answer to Gustav's question about whether other coins could implement AuthPow against Uno anyway, appears to be yes. They could, but why would they? There would be no Uno solo miners or small pools with hash to distribute, because the would have given up mining Uno due to extremely high difficulty. They would be better off doing AuthPow against Btc as well.

The big question is:  at what point do these pools who do merge mining against bitcoin become fatigued and stop setting up more coins for merge mining. Can Uno compete for mindshare among them? DVC/NMC were early to the merge mining game.

Again--nobody worry. We're just talking it out as an excercise. It's all  hypothetical right now, and nothing is imminent. Smiley We treasure our miners & pools. It's important to have an understanding of what these options mean.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:57:51 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 11:16:59 PM by gustav

let's not do a thing that threatens the decentralisation.
More hash is good but not at the cost of a decentralised network.
Decentralisation is a thing we'll likely not want to sacrifice for more hash, right?  

Do we want to compete with the other btc-mergers like NMC, DVC?
I don't  think so necessarily - that niche is already pretty crowded probably.
I don't know what's technically possible to maybe tap into that hash on the periphery.

I think there could be unexplored possibilities. Needs some more tech-expert opionion too. Maybe right there some innovations are possible? I don't know ...
How to tap into bitcoin-hash without negative sideeffects?
Does it make more sense for Uno to stick with altcoin-hash exclusively? Maybe it does, maybe not. Need those crypto-wizards for smart solutions Wink  

"The answer to Gustav's question about whether other coins could implement AuthPow against Uno anyway, appears to be yes. They could, but why would they?"

they maybe would to secure their own network? Do i mix up things here?

I mean: ZET isn't  merged with anything right now, or is it? They would want to get more security anyway. I think essentially every longterm coin out there is likely concerned with network security right now, am i rite? So joining forces makes sense for many coins, doesn't it?

My knowledge is limited too.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 11:16:37 PM

let's not do a thing that threatens the decentralisation.
More hash is good but not at the cost of a decentralised network.
Decentralisation is a thing we'll likely not want to sacrifice for more hash, right?  

"The answer to Gustav's question about whether other coins could implement AuthPow against Uno anyway, appears to be yes. They could, but why would they?"

they maybe would to secure their own network? Do i mix up things here?

I mean: ZET isn't  merged with anything right now, or is it? They would want to get more security anyway. I think essentially every longterm coin out there is likely concerned with network security right now, am i rite? So joining forces makes sense for many coins, doesn't it?

Yes, agreed. I was just saying... if Uno did AuxPos with Btc, there wouldn't seem to be any benefit for ZET to AuxPos with Uno. They would be better to merge mine with someone else, or also do it with Btc.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
gustav

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:20:58 PM

Yes, agreed. I was just saying... if Uno did AuxPos with Btc, there wouldn't seem to be any benefit to ZET doing AuxPos with Uno. They would be better to merge mine with someone else, or also do it with Btc.

so we either stick with altcoin-hash exclusively (which can turn out to be a good thing too) or need some kind of innovation in this field to avoid the negative effects, right?
Innovative solution would be to keep uno attractive to large solominers, merging with other alts aswell as finding a way to get some of btc-hash, right?
I think the perfect solution we look for is likely a very innovative one.
gustav

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:26:32 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 11:40:10 PM by gustav

idea: is it possible to enable merge mining with let's say only NMC and DVC but not with btc?

So to say give people the option to choose between uno or bitcoin to mine with their NMC and/or DVC?
...but not allow for merge mining uno with btc directly?

Is this an option?
Possible to do?
Possible Sideeeffects? Will it hurt decentralisation?
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:47:00 AM

Side Effects May Include:

(I don't really know, just trolling.)   Grin

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:49:53 AM

breaking news:

more bitcoin dumps

i think it's getting old.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:04:23 AM

Check this out! I had a crack at a Market Oracle 'Bitcoin analyst.' The company replied to my email, asking why I didn't like the article. Here's my reply:

"The articles contain no analysis. ‘Bitcoin’s price could go up or down’ is not analysis.

They show a lack of knowledge of what is going on in the crypto realm.

For example, when Bitcoin’s price was dropping steadily in Q3/Q4, 2014, crypto geeks were scrambling to understand why:

how direct an affect on Btc price does the immediate on-selling of coin by big retailers have? Is there evidence of Butterfly-Lab shenanigans in the Chinese sector of Bitcoin-mining-hardware manufacturing? Is there evidence of Chinese SOE’s dumping coin mined with free electricity? Can you justly label as ‘inflation’ the inflow of newly-mined coin? Is it simply the whales?

Mike’s articles sailed analysis-free through the furore.

But it was this clanger that prodded me to fire off my email:

“Of course, calling out a bottom is a hard thing to do. Going in long might be painful since the currency might lose more altitude, an event described as “catching a falling knife.” Bitcoin might depreciate further. If it were to follow its long-term trend, this would be the natural direction.”

Apart from saying the same thing in three different sentences (calling a bottom [suggests price still going down], depreciate further, follow its long-term trend), the ‘analysis’ misses the primary reality:

Bitcoin is YET TO HAVE long-term trends, a problem that cryptographic-currency theorists like me wrestle with every day.

Thank you for your email. Crypto geeks can certainly learn from TA analysis (we do rudimentary forms of it spontaneously all the time).
What has been needed for some time is for you guys to make contacts in the geek scene. We live and breathe cryptos, but we surely from benefit from the contacts that you guys have! An alliance would be a no-brainer win-win, PARTICULARLY WHEN YOU REALISE THAT ALTCOINS ARE THE NEW FRONTIER. (See my Market Oracle articles.)
Come and say hello:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0"

m
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:49:20 AM

i thought this one was rather interesting:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=912190.0

what i do not understand: why is Uno not at multimillion dollars valuation right now?
prominerone

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:05:45 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 08:59:24 AM by prominerone

yes bitcoin is going to be dumped next 10 or 15 or 20 years. almost everyone knows it. The days when btc can rises tomorrow is long gone!  will be unstable for very  long  time. No merchants and no innovations in the world that can help Bitcoin now. It is broken from the inside outward.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:05:48 AM

Serious answer, Balu Balu?

Cryptos remain top-heavy with speculation and scams. The fact may be that Unobtanium is a superior coin -- I think so -- but Rome wasn't built in a day. What should keep you enthusiastic is that this community -- 'core-tanium' -- will make far far more money in the long run than just what our Uno will be worth, and we'll enjoy ourselves far more in the process.

And: 2015 will be an economic madhouse. Anything could happen. And in big storms, it's the large and clumsy vessels that sink while small 'tight' craft ride it out. I'm actually looking forward to the weirdness!

Mark
prominerone

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:38:19 AM

how stupid you must be to put that much in one sell order? 177 rare uno ready to sell so cheap! Are you say that is liquidity? The same is like putting 14 thousands BTC in one sell Grin
 The only real thing that can attract one miner is the current or future value and price. From what I know can tell this kind of dumpers potato style is not miners!

gustav

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:46:29 AM

Grin

Potato not allowed  Wink
prominerone

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:06:14 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 06:21:51 AM by prominerone

I know we live in pussyland , there are traitors everywhere- I miss Sparta...

Brother IMZ I hope your idea for price equilibrium going to work or we going nowhere! Dumpers are not good here in the rare world.I am not surprised why V500 don't want to post anything.

gustav

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:13:52 AM

I know we live in pussyland , there are traitors everywhere- I miss Sparta...

pussyland is everywhere  Tongue

someone from sparta just bought 100

you get both in the market

okcoin sub 1900 now

waiting for bitcoin apocalypse - breaking super-longterm trend from since 2009 as we speak. Next panic can end bitcoin imo. (not saying it does)

interestings and rollercoasters ahead.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:33:22 AM

@ Prominerone: 'price equilibrium'? You mean Hedges DVC? You are 'Verified.' As soon as you publish an Nxt and Public Key, you will receive two beautiful rare DVC.

Six weeks ago, DVC were worth about 11 Uno. Today they're trading at over 18 -- Uno/Btc down; DVC up

And we will be experimenting with 'equity DVC' in May, which will put more DVC in circulation.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:40:58 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 06:56:56 AM by BitcoinNational

"2015 will be an economic madhouse. Anything could happen.
And in big storms, it's the large and clumsy vessels that sink while small 'tight' craft ride it out."

Waiting for bitcoin apocalypse ... the falling hash power death spiral ... can you even imagine the rukus between the ardent "We do not fork BTC" old schooler's and the $Mega million investors "We fork you then" ... Where is the money going to exodus?

Actually think it is best for BTC to never ever fork even if caught in a high diff / slow block trap.  That's the BTC thing ... big bulky but works ... the UNO thing is "well we saw these little problems (inflation, difficulty stall outs) so UNO=BTC done right"

And we are small and nimble enough to make any other final touches before UN gets to big to fork.

================================

RE: merger

Is it possible for
1. UNO does not fork
2. UNO helps create an AuxPow (we fund it mostly)
3. other sha256s can just plug that code in (dirty word:fork)
4. then their miners can attach to UNO mining

this is a spokes to a UNO.hub
mining xyzCOIN gets you >> xyzCOIN + uno
mining abcCOIN gets you >> abcCOIN + uno

the BTC way seems to be BTC.hub goes to all the spokes
mining xyzCOIN gets you >> nada -cuz- the bitcoin network is to damn big
mining bitcoin gets you >> xyzCOIN, dev, io, ix, name

-----
the BTC way feeds the biggest fish only ... the big fish eats all the merged coins too

the UNO way feed everyone their favorite fish +some uno on the side

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:47:16 AM

"RE: merger

Is it possible for
1. UNO does not fork
2. UNO helps create an AuxPow (we fund it mostly)
3. other sha256s can just plug that code in (dirty word:fork)
4. then their miners can attach to UNO mining"

+1
prominerone

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:39:33 AM

@ Prominerone: 'price equilibrium'? You mean Hedges DVC? You are 'Verified.' As soon as you publish an Nxt and Public Key, you will receive two beautiful rare DVC.

Six weeks ago, DVC were worth about 11 Uno. Today they're trading at over 18 -- Uno/Btc down; DVC up

And we will be experimenting with 'equity DVC' in May, which will put more DVC in circulation.

Yes your  DVC idea maybe help and going to work if not we need to think for other great ideas that can help.
Otherwise we go up and the Dumperameros rednecks gonna dump immediately.

Quote to ALL:

Yeah imagine that uno somehow wasn't so cheap,but even stronger in this hard times! Do you know how many new miners and new people this community going to attract if this was the case! How great impression of strong community people living for the future kipped the value/price  stable and sustained...brought  all crypto eyes on us ....
 For the all other crypto undervalued selling is normal, but NEVER FOR UNOBTANIUM!

I remember V said once to us : do not be small minds!

So I say now - if you guys want to enjoy orgasm for a few minutes go to pussyland  OR YOU CAN GO TO DREAMLAND WHICH IS THE UNOBTANIUM  REAL WORLD!

cragv

Activity: 342

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:40:36 AM

Thanks for the GREAT discussion and technical input, guys. Hugely appreciative of this high quality community Smiley

-
+1 with IMZ re: merger, as above, plus I really like BN's simple summary:

the BTC way feeds the biggest fish only ... the big fish eats all the merged coins too

the UNO way feed everyone their favorite fish +some uno on the side
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: