Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:00:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:42:52 PM

Has any one heard anything about URO?? We should think about pegging UNO to it...really neat idea they have a solid coin looks like...

you must be trolling obviously  Roll Eyes

lol
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:00:06 PM

Has any one heard anything about URO?? We should think about pegging UNO to it...really neat idea they have a solid coin looks like...

you must be trolling obviously  Roll Eyes

lol

Im serious it looks good but im not sure if its a scam or what....I don't know why it would be it seems legit ive done my research. Is there anything I should know is all im fucking asking how am I a troll ?

balu2

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:07:57 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 07:23:41 PM by balu2

Im serious it looks good but im not sure if its a scam or what....I don't know why it would be it seems legit ive done my research. Is there anything I should know is all im fucking asking how am I a troll ?

ok, sorry if you were serious  Cheesy

I don't know how scammy it is exactly but
a) pegging doesn't work really
b) it's a really bad idea to peg UNO to fertilizer, why would you? haha

Uro is questionable to say the least and i don't think Uno would be interested to be associated with that.

And Uno in nightclubs is maybe a neat idea (you must be getting these vibes from the logo) but actually it's a low inflation crypto store of value that's unique in properties to store value (no bigminers dumps on the market) which makes it an excellent savingstool, store of wealth. The fair launch and 100% fairness it has going for it will make it a success. It's actually a commodity and is one of the most scarce commodities on the planet today.

Unobtanium is an extremely costly or impossible material by definition.
Element 120 is radioactive but doesn't decay as fast - it wasn't found so far. There's a lot to discover in this brand.

We came down to 'dreammaterial'  Wink

congratulations, you actually found the perfect coin  Smiley  (and no, we're not 'pegging' it to Uro, haha)  

Blazin604

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:21:56 PM

ok, sorry if you were serious  Cheesy

I don't know how scammy it is exactly but
a) pegging doesn't work really
b) it's a really bad idea to peg UNO to fertilizer, why would you? haha

Uro is questionable to say the least and i don't think Uno would be interested to be associated with that.

And Uno in nightclubs is maybe a neat idea (you must be getting these vibes from the logo) but actually it's a low inflation crypto store of value that's unique in properties to store value (no bigminers dumps on the market) which makes it an excellent savingstool, store of wealth. The fair launch and 100% fairness it has going for it will make it a success. It's actually a commodity and is one of the most scarce commodities on the planet today.

Unobtanium is an extremely costly or impossible material by definition.
Element 120 is radioactive but doesn't decay as fast - it wasn't found so far. There's a lot to discover in this brand.

We came down to 'dreammaterial'  Wink

congratulations, you actually found the perfect coin  Smiley  (and no, we're not 'pegging' it to Uro, haha)  

Thank you and sorry if I sounded like an ass hole. I really love UNO it seems like a amazing idea. However you lost me here "Unobtanium is an extremely costly or impossible material by definition.
"
What do you mean by all this exactly...I am trying to fully grasp the idea of UNO...I still need help. What would be some other real world uses for UNO down the road? You see people hoarding it because it will be super valuable?  Also what is stopping another dev team from trying to replicate UNO ? Or make another scarce "commodity"?

balu2

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:25:23 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 08:26:12 PM by balu2

Thank you and sorry if I sounded like an ass hole. I really love UNO it seems like a amazing idea. However you lost me here "Unobtanium is an extremely costly or impossible material by definition.
"
What do you mean by all this exactly...I am trying to fully grasp the idea of UNO...I still need help. What would be some other real world uses for UNO down the road? You see people hoarding it because it will be super valuable?  Also what is stopping another dev team from trying to replicate UNO ? Or make another scarce "commodity"?

It's less of a currency and more of a commodity like gold, silver, platin. It is used to store value. So the usecase it has is 'hold it!'

Defintion Unobtanium:
"unobtainium is any fictional, extremely rare, costly, or impossible material"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

Unbinillium element 120:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbinilium

Blazr2 (the creator of it) never made any comments about the brand as far as i'm aware, so you can dig around a little yourself.  Wink

So far nobody was able to replicate it and i personally doubt it's even possible. There were attempts like Unattanium and some other coins. But somehow it wasn't replicable so far. And why would you? This is the real deal. Why buy a copy when the original can still be had at these cheap prices? A copy will always be a copy and is just a compliment in the end of the day.

With this coin everything is just right in my opinion. Flawless. (my 2 cents)
balu2

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:43:58 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 07:55:38 PM by balu2

"

what's pretty special is the combination of all the things:

-scarce and stable (low volatillity compared to more inflationary coins)
-fair
-community backed
-no greed from dev attached (creator doesn't hold a large stake, no premine,no flashmine, no bullshit)
-very compact blockchain
-original crypto
-cool brand

and so on

All the different pieces to the coin give a really good picture. I don't fear copycats for this coin tbh. It isn't easy to copy. Right now it has no competition at all - after existing for more than 1 year. In fact we are competing with LTC and BTC directly in that sense as Uno is a moneytoken good for real world application - possibly even better than BTC and LTC because it has less volatility, is more efficient, faster and is able to preserve its value better. I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day and find it at a really fat marketcap  Wink
Blazin604

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:00:01 PM

"

what's pretty special is the combination of all the things:

-scarce and stable (low volatillity compared to more inflationary coins)
-fair
-community backed
-no greed from dev attached (creator doesn't hold a large stake, no premine,no flashmine, no bullshit)
-very compact blockchain
-original crypto
-cool brand

and so on

All the different pieces to the coin give a really good picture. I don't fear copycats for this coin tbh. It isn't easy to copy. Right now it has no competition at all - after existing for more than 1 year. In fact we are competing with LTC and BTC directly in that sense as Uno is a moneytoken good for real world application - possibly even better than BTC and LTC because it has less volatility, is more efficient, faster and is able to preserve its value better. I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day and find it at a really fat marketcap  Wink

I agree with everything you have said. I am looking forward to seein where this coin takes us. Maybe this will end up being a solid store of value down the road and BTC will be used as day to day $$$ its very hard to say still. I could see this being a store of value ...btc being a day to day currency ...as well as peercoins and digibytes....those are a few of the good ones I have seen.

balu2

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:05:08 PM

I agree with everything you have said. I am looking forward to seein where this coin takes us. Maybe this will end up being a solid store of value down the road and BTC will be used as day to day $$$ its very hard to say still. I could see this being a store of value ...btc being a day to day currency ...as well as peercoins and digibytes....those are a few of the good ones I have seen.

That's what i am thinking too. Bitcoin and most other coins are more of a currency. For longterm storage of value you'd choose Uno.

So far it has been doing that well.
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:41:52 PM

suggestion: next time bitcoin rises like mad move the buysupport down a little so the dumpers don't take it out necessarily. When Bitcoin dumps you can move it up again (unless you want to really get your buys filled in one go like today). It's a pain for any real asset to trade exclusively against such a volatile currency  Roll Eyes

#justsayin'

deam' just closed my shorts on that rise,  now 100% retracement. What a god damn' s***! It is one big pump and dump carnival.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:15:13 PM

That's what i am thinking too. Bitcoin and most other coins are more of a currency. For longterm storage of value you'd choose Uno.

One other major thing that prevents duplication is the UNO community! There are some really smart theorists / technologists / marketers and thinkers here that have successfully boiled crypto madness into a workable dream material.

You can't duplicate the UNO community! It's the best!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:20:14 PM

In a rational market Bitcoin would be dumped and Uno adopted ....

The pros hold Uno  Wink

I just had an interesting thought:  once the barriers to mass adoption are overcome, and people really get the crypto thing, it's a really small step for them to jump from BTC to ....?

Wink

...... MAGI XMG!  The way btc was meant to be.
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:25:39 PM

...... MAGI XMG!  The way btc was meant to be.

Can you spam your own thread please? (lol)
 Roll Eyes
balu2

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:39:17 PM

Hulk-buywall detected!

The Hulk is buying Unobtanium!  Grin

Blazin604

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:39:28 PM

In a rational market Bitcoin would be dumped and Uno adopted ....

The pros hold Uno  Wink

I just had an interesting thought:  once the barriers to mass adoption are overcome, and people really get the crypto thing, it's a really small step for them to jump from BTC to ....?

Wink

...... MAGI XMG!  The way btc was meant to be.

gtfo out of here with that junk

Blazin604

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:39:55 PM

One other major thing that prevents duplication is the UNO community! There are some really smart theorists / technologists / marketers and thinkers here that have successfully boiled crypto madness into a workable dream material.

You can't duplicate the UNO community! It's the best!

I have to agree very well said.

Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:51:05 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 10:14:06 PM by Benefactor

I'm warning you guys, and I'll just keep pounding my fist on the table, if I have to:  We need these cheap BTC's on hand as well as precious metals to support the UNO price through the year.  A few extra BTC's also aides in momentary liquidity, keeping UNO more stable.  Maintain a balanced portfolio, but UNO-heavy Wink !

Just got pretty decent word that the Grexit will lead to wider BTC adoption.  (Probably soon.)

For long-term strength of UNO:  Keep some BTC, PM's, and use up those worthless $USD's and other fiats, while you still have the chance to!

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:55:27 PM

...... m a g i xm poop!  The way btc was meant to be.

lol!  Look out, guys; there's a new sheriff in town:  Blazin604!  I love it!   Cheesy

-

...But seriously, standing up to protect the best interests of the community and coin is an essential role in the village.  It isn't always easy to be a pill and be nit-picky, as I have been, but thank you all for understanding.  It's an important role.  I'd be very glad to pass it on!

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:58:24 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 10:36:56 PM by FallingKnife

Hey guys. Don't feed the trolls. I'll come by and delete them eventually. Smiley

And anyway, a  little trolling is good. It gives you something to talk about. It shows that Uno is on the radar and that this is the thread to be in.

So the question about what would stop someone from creating their own rare coin?
Absolutely nothing. Many, many have already tried and failed. The community that would be interested in these kind of rare/fair characteristics has already coalesced around Uno.

The list is huge: arkenstone, vikingcoin, lemurcoin, 84, 66, 42, 21, macrocoin, sync, and many, many others.... all failed to get a critical mass. There can only be one true rare/fair coin, and Uno already has that market.  

I believe that Uno's strength is that its value is not tied in any way to a complex project that some unknown developer has to build tomorrow. Its value is already present today. It's as pure a store-of-value play as you'll ever find in crypto. That has helped it hold it's position while a thousands other currencies have slid past.

If it's going to be pegged to anything, it should probably be bitcoin, but the peg would have to be something like 70:1 btc:uno because of Uno's rarity.  Sidechains will create some interesting opportunities in crypto very soon. As sidechain innovation becomes clearer, I anticipate Uno reaping benefit from it, although at this moment I'm not sure exactly how that may occur. I buy it today for it's current value; if there is upside tomorrow from adjunct crypto innovation, then that's all gravy.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:02:28 PM

Hey guys. Don't feed the trolls. I'll come by and delete them eventually. Smiley
LOL, I did love Balu2's troll radar tho!  Cheesy

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:04:20 PM

...... m a g i xm poop!  The way btc was meant to be.

lol!  Look out, guys; there's a new sheriff in town:  Blazin604!  I love it!   Cheesy

-

...But seriously, standing up to protect the best interests of the community and coin is an essential role in the village.  It isn't always easy to be a pill and be nit-picky, as I have been, but thank you all for understanding.  It's an important role.  I'd be very glad to pass it on!

What's more special about UNO, besides that the no 1 bagholder almost holds a quarter of all coins?
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: