Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046615 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:11:29 PM

"We have elected to put our money and faith in mathematical framework that is free of politics and human error called Unobtanium"  

Eh, just one more thing...IMZ:  did you notice his sign off says "free of politics"?

But, you have a justification for your politics.  Right? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:34:20 PM

Message From Bryce:

"Just thinking out loud... If you want to have the community work on branding that would be great.

There are two or three logo variations in circulation.

We should pick one and make that our brand. We can use this wallet launch to drive it home. "

-----
We have the legacy Black and Blue Uno logos from 2013, and we have Learminer's 2014 yellow logo that is on the unobtanium.uno website.  We have a wide assortment of swirly cool logos from Prominer.  Only one can make it into the wallet. 

Which logo should appear on the 2015 Uno wallet?

I like the blue one.
Also there is original blue logo from blazr.

Concur with blue logo.

Z

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:44:19 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 02:52:00 AM by BitcoinNational

i like these
(at least one or a .gif of several)
to appear as the wallet is loading
also the taglines:
"We have elected to put our money and faith in mathematical framework that is free of politics and human error called Unobtanium"
"Unobtanium. Fair, Rare, and Secure."

on the overview tab (once loaded)
we can keep the black logo theme

Also on branding we should stress "Unobtanium" vs "Unobtainium Coin" but it looks like we have already pronounced that as being the formal name in most listings already.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:26:45 PM

Morning, Vince. Any developments for Unobtanium? Strap yourself in!

Merged mining begins shortly.

There's a halving in early May.

Both multi-sig and android wallets are in development.

And our mascot, Unobtanium Dromaius Novaehollandiae Rothschildi Chick, has entered the Olympic Fig-Scoffing Event. He's tipped to take a gold:

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:31:43 PM

blue logo
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:44:02 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 01:09:47 AM by balu2

I'd vote for black logo. Looks more royal and expensive. But blue is the original. I'm ok with both. Maybe we can get a darker blue?
In case we go with a darker blue, please take care so it does look clean.

I'd vote dark blue, ultramarine, royal blue, international klein blue or midnight blue or something like it  Cool

something in between the 10s to 60s maybe?  Wink
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:59:35 PM

Royal blue looks nice Wink

_@/'
vince232

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:07:37 AM

Morning, Vince. Any developments for Unobtanium? Strap yourself in!

Merged mining begins shortly.

There's a halving in early May.

Both multi-sig and android wallets are in development.

And our mascot, Unobtanium Dromaius Novaehollandiae Rothschildi Chick, has entered the Olympic Fig-Scoffing Event. He's tipped to take a gold:

thanks for the updates. i bought uno long time ago and actually thinking of re entering.
how about the technology? you know most coins already have android wallet.
is there something big going on?
sdc released a beta of their market place.
nav release their double encryption

something like that
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 01:42:43 AM

Bynergy.com has gone offline. They were a p2p exchange without wallets, a bourse, but they did offer escrow for Uno. I've removed them from the OP.

It has been an active month for exchange closings and hackings: Allcrypt of course, was in the process of closing  and was then hacked. Allcrypt had Doge/Ltc/Btc/Naut markets for Uno. The last I saw there was only 10 Uno listed there. Most had been withdrawn, and perhaps all of it was removed before the hack.

Other closings of non-Uno exchanges:
Cryptoine.com exchange just posted that they were hacked and wallets drained.

Cryptorush.in gone. Swisscex.com is closing. Coin-Swap.net, gone. Betasharex.com gone.

I see Uno is near the top of the vote list now for Cryptopia.co.nz.  

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:44:50 AM

@ Vince: I can't speak for the community. These are just my thoughts:

yes, plenty of cryptos do have an android wallet.

Unobtanium is a coin with a different orientation, almost sorta 'no-frills.' So very very many coins with All Manner of Innovations have simply gone belly up. Conversely, Unobtanium chose rarity and security, and that attracted serious long-term crypto-coiners, and what resulted is what we might call 'the innovation' of Uno:

a community with an extraordinary breadth and depth of community energy and talent -- tech-support for newcomers, accurate and up-to-date media, trading-advice for all comers, an enthusiasm for crypto theory, and a proven ability to resolve issues in an intelligent and timely fashion.

m
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:44:28 AM

Bynergy.com has gone offline. They were a p2p exchange without wallets, a bourse, but they did offer escrow for Uno. I've removed them from the OP.

It has been an active month for exchange closings and hackings: Allcrypt of course, was in the process of closing  and was then hacked. Allcrypt had Doge/Ltc/Btc/Naut markets for Uno. The last I saw there was only 10 Uno listed there. Most had been withdrawn, and perhaps all of it was removed before the hack.

Cryptorush.in gone. Swisscex.com is closing. Coin-Swap.net, gone. Betasharex.com gone.

Dropping like flies! Any rumours on Bleutrade or Coins-e?

@FK I am not suggesting anything in the least and haven't read anything, just asking! You are very dialed-in to what goes on in the cryptoverse.

When will BTC-E add $UNO?  Cool

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Baars

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:17:27 AM

I have a question. As it is said in wiki economists generally believe that deflation is a problem in a modern economy because it increases the real value of debt, and may aggravate recessions and they favor a low and steady rate of inflation. So is it possible for any cryptocurrency with deflationary properties to replace fiat money in the future and how it will affect world economy?
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:48:14 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 06:59:44 AM by IMZ

Hey, Baars! Please ask me for more complex answers. These are stupidly simplistic.

One: is deflation bad? Keynesians think so, and they are well and truly in charge. But it was Keynesianism that got us into this debt mess.

Two: ‘a low and steady rate of inflation’? Again, a dominant ideology (I was 23 years old before someone dropped on me the bombshell that banks loan money they don’t have. Say what?)

‘Fiat’ currencies – not actually literally redeemable for, say, gold – can be ‘debased’: the Government prints more and more of the units of the currency, so a loaf of bread costs more and more – ‘inflation.’

Inflation is (my position) a smoke-and-mirrors stunt that goes wrong every single time, though that may take decades.

Three: ‘Can a deflationary crypto solve the problem?’

Tl;dr? They’re our best hope!!

Cryptos aren’t deflationary in that sense. They are ‘nil-flationary’ (at least Unobtanium and a number of others).

Deflation is a pickle that an economy gets itself into: prices fall, etc. etc. (But it’s the Keynesians who’d argue it’s a pickle. I’d rather ride it out.)

Here’s my take on our present situation:

three or four years ago, it was touch and go whether we would ‘tip’ towards inflation or deflation. Indeed, some nations presently have inflation even though the global trend is deflationary.

But if you stand back and take a good look, it’s not simply ‘veering too far this way’ or ‘veering too far t’other.’ It’s clear that the entire global economy is in a tail spin because first we ‘invented’ bazillions of dollars that weren't 'backed' by any production (but rather a promise of future production! Or not . . . ); and then, when GFC One happened, instead of biting the bullet, and riding bicycles and growing cabbages ‘til the debt was paid, we went on a money-printing rampage.

So, while we get our heads together – say, a century – the idea of nil-flationary currencies, the idea that one unit of money bought one loaf of bread yesterday, buys one loaf of bread today, and will buy one loaf of bread at any time for the rest of that century, is a really really really good idea (and so is buses pulled through the streets by the long-lunch-ocrats who got us into this mess.

(Except we did nothing, which makes us equally culpable . . . )

m
Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:29:35 AM

Can the logo have a metallic look to it?
Baars

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:52:02 AM

So, while we get our heads together – say, a century – the idea of nil-flationary currencies, the idea that one unit of money bought one loaf of bread yesterday, buys one loaf of bread today, and will buy one loaf of bread at any time for the rest of that century, is a really really really good idea (and so is buses pulled through the streets by the long-lunch-ocrats who got us into this mess.

Does nil-flationary means no inflation? But the limited supply will rise the value of currency constantly in case of mass adoption so one unit of money bought one loaf of bread yesterday, buys two loafs of bread today.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 01:48:24 PM

Does nil-flationary means no inflation? But the limited supply will rise the value of currency constantly in case of mass adoption so one unit of money bought one loaf of bread yesterday, buys two loafs of bread today.
@Baars It's difficult for us to understand a stable currency as we have been under inflation our whole lives.  Since 1913 (the advent of the Federal Reserve) the US dollar has lost about 90-some% of it's purchasing power.  What incentive is there to save under that regime?  Savings is required for future investment in production.  Because the price of wages in the United States is so high, it no longer manufacturers anything, it merely consumes. How long can that last?

A good exercise is to do a startpage search for purchasing power of gold. It is realtively unchanged over the same time period.  Gold is a real currency...it can't be printed

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

Dropping like flies! Any rumours on Bleutrade or Coins-e?

@FK I am not suggesting anything in the least and haven't read anything, just asking! You are very dialed-in to what goes on in the cryptoverse.

When will BTC-E add $UNO?  Cool

No I have not heard any rumors.
Bleutrade looks pretty good to me. It's active and they provide interesting pairs. Their trollbox is busy.

Exchanges that appear dead are scary. I like to see recent tweets, activity, trades taking place, community action. Anything that says they are alive.
It's pretty obvious based on quick math that every small exchange loses money. Without some kind of deep pockets backing them, they are run by part timers who probably don't know much about security best practices and are not up on the latest exploits.

We're fortunate to have Uno traded on Bittrex and Cryptsy, as they are as good it gets for an exchange right now.  Bleutrade -- I have a lot of trust in them.   The others I am rooting for, but just in general I am very wary when my coins are out of my control. I have been through enough exchange hacks/closures now that the risks are finally sinking in for me.

I also trusted Coinex, MintPal and Allcrypt, so.... my record is not very good. Every exchange is a risk, just by virtue of being an exchange.
I like Shapeshift because I only have to trust them for about 1 minute. Smiley

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:59:10 PM

1 year ago on Cryptsy UNO was ~0.0045 BTC.  Today price per UNO is ~0.0130 BTC.

That Big Dump of Uno down to a few sats never happened, remember?  You didn't see anything.....  Smiley  It's funny it still shows on some charts.

Man, I remember the rumors that started about the CoinEx Uno being dumped.
I think one of the explanations was that Cryptsy was working on their auto-sell feature and accidentally sold everyone's Uno.
Some thought it was Wolong cashing out and that Big Vern reversed it all to pocket the gains personally.

I'm still unclear about what happened, but I lean toward the "auto-sell malfunction" theory.

Crypto would be boring without rumors.

Nostr:
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:37:08 PM

I also trusted Coinex, MintPal and Allcrypt, so.... my record is not very good. Every exchange is a risk, just by virtue of being an exchange.
I like Shapeshift because I only have to trust them for about 1 minute. Smiley

I too have trusted those, but i put a time limit on how long they should be trusted. The longer an exchange is active, the more prone it is to hacking and such. It should become stronger over time as well as they can fix the potential security flaws, but eh. That honey pot sweetens as it grows and crimes of opportunity become more appealing. It becomes a bigger target. Similar concept to "too large to fail" but i think society needs to develop a formula for corruption. Sorta like a half-life on altruism. Things generally start off with the best of intentions but over time the locusts take note and swarm. The locusts are people who stop at nothing to obtain what they want for them selves while using the backs of others to reach their destination. Most americans, not their fault really, how we were raised.

I am still prepping my self for the day cryptsy and btc-e and poloniex go poof. It isn't a matter of if, just when, imo. Running that fine line of how many coins i wanna keep on the books at any given day to mitigate my loses when it does take place. If only there was something like a classifieds page or a craigs list where people could make offers of buying and selling but those coins weren't stored in a centralized locale.. oh wait  Grin Cheesy.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:13:21 PM

Hey, Baars! Please ask me for more complex answers. These are stupidly simplistic.

One: is deflation bad? Keynesians think so, and they are well and truly in charge. But it was Keynesianism that got us into this debt mess.

Two: ‘a low and steady rate of inflation’? Again, a dominant ideology (I was 23 years old before someone dropped on me the bombshell that banks loan money they don’t have. Say what?)

‘Fiat’ currencies – not actually literally redeemable for, say, gold – can be ‘debased’: the Government prints more and more of the units of the currency, so a loaf of bread costs more and more – ‘inflation.’

Inflation is (my position) a smoke-and-mirrors stunt that goes wrong every single time, though that may take decades.

Three: ‘Can a deflationary crypto solve the problem?’

Tl;dr? They’re our best hope!!

Cryptos aren’t deflationary in that sense. They are ‘nil-flationary’ (at least Unobtanium and a number of others).

Deflation is a pickle that an economy gets itself into: prices fall, etc. etc. (But it’s the Keynesians who’d argue it’s a pickle. I’d rather ride it out.)

Here’s my take on our present situation:

three or four years ago, it was touch and go whether we would ‘tip’ towards inflation or deflation. Indeed, some nations presently have inflation even though the global trend is deflationary.

But if you stand back and take a good look, it’s not simply ‘veering too far this way’ or ‘veering too far t’other.’ It’s clear that the entire global economy is in a tail spin because first we ‘invented’ bazillions of dollars that weren't 'backed' by any production (but rather a promise of future production! Or not . . . ); and then, when GFC One happened, instead of biting the bullet, and riding bicycles and growing cabbages ‘til the debt was paid, we went on a money-printing rampage.

m

-i think the current system works for the individual as long as he/she understands that papermoney is no store of value (few do understand but they will start to learn once it hurts)
-the system works collectively as long as hyperinflation can be avoided

bottom line: papermoney is there to be used up not to be stored for decades on a bankaccount or elsewhere (contracts like lifeinsurance and such is stupid too)

Inflation is only bad for those who look at papermoney as a store of value.
People will start to learn that paper is worth nothing and has no intrinsic value, this and next decade. Paper is just a promise and promises are broken, no surprise. Crypto and PMs is the place to be because once the masses learn it, there will be high demand for the real store of value things (like Uno and like silver/gold).

I don't worry so much because in extreme cases people just abandon the banks for parts of their service and just go back to silver and gold as money. Who wants paper anyways? Every papermoney in history failed. Gold and Silver never failed for centuries. Papermoney is a stupid idea - always was and always will be.
Maybe deflation is bad for the "economy" BUT consumerism kills the planet anyways. Maybe we go back to have a healthy economy that just produces what people need for living and not tons of trash like all these cheap china-products.
Maybe we will have to buy more regional products again but will it be that bad?

I think crypto will be in demand in the future for the inflation reasons of papermoney. What puts the breaks on crypto adoption is the mental capacity of the average Joe who does not understand any of that. But once it hurts peoples' savings they will be quick to learn.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: