Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:54:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:41:41 PM

Me back about thirty hours. Computer upgrade (sent from smartphone)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:44:29 PM

I was trying to build a Uno wallet on Ubuntu yesterday, but failed. Would be very cool Siameze if you (or someone) would write a step-by-step instruction, or a script of some sort, that would grab everything, install it and compile. I found a BCT thread that had scripts for many different coins, and I tried to modify for Uno, but didn't succeed on my first try.

I'd love to be one of the elite here who could do what you just taught yourself to do.  Smiley

I will be glad to write a general guide, though I can tell you from many years experience that their unfortunately isn't a one-size-fits-all solution in a lot of cases, depending on your distro. My issue turned out to be  an obscure boost/libx issue I only sorted from hours of poring over the updated code.

On Ubuntu, it should be a pretty simple matter. If you shoot me a PM with your Ubuntu version and the error you have, I will be happy to help. Trust me, it is best to learn the build steps, even if you fail at first, because you will gain a lot of knowledge that helps in future builds. Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:25:25 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 01:33:09 AM by sloopy

Thanks, I have always been interested in the community surrounding UNO but thought the early adopters had the biggest upper hand like so many other coins.

This is pretty much BS to complain like this right now as the coin should have an average price throughout its life of around 0.005 to 0.006 ... Today you can buy coins at 0.009 to 0.01 so instead of complaining how "early adopters" have an "upper hand" one could just go out and buy himself a bunch and call himself an "early adopter" too.
Uno is not a communist project.  Tongue

Do we have an eta for the new wallet yet?

I was not complaining, I was voicing an opinion.
I will help you with an example of a complaint:
How much does the Uno crowd have to listen to this guy pick an argument and wear his feelings on his shoulder? It sure seems as though he enjoys making up stories and putting words in people's mouth when maybe he could spend some time contemplating his own insecurities and at the end of the day go to sleep being a happier little boy rather than a disgruntled, self-defacing baby.

An opinion:
I have always been intrigued by Uno and did spend a couple of hours evaluating the community and coin specifications. It seems to be a good coin with support. Overall I have avoided most coins with any real age on them because of the normal "early adopter" syndrome I see in so many alternative currencies. The only two things which made me take pause during my previous evaluation was the difficulty when mining seemed high and the price. While both point towards a coin with good backing it also seemed there was not a good entrance point at that time.

In summary, but I hope you understand it is still an opinion and not BS. No one, certainly not me anyway was talking BS or bad about Uno. Obviously you have your own opinion and I wish you the best in determining how to cleanse your life of the extreme negativity you bring to yourself. Good Luck:
I caught a post from someone that Uno had implemented merge mining with bitcoin. Since I already have a small farm mining bitcoin and previously vetted Uno and its community for myself I decided to dig a little deeper. At this time I have picked up a few coins along with having a couple of miners pointed to one of the multi pools which is merge mining. I think the 'silver' aspect is fantastic. I also read through some of the Uno forum posts regarding people putting up silver to help fight a price dump. The organization seen thought out. It  may seem more chaotic for one of the long time users, but to me it sure looks scheduled. I think there will be other points of entrance where I may find myself holding more of Uno.

By the way I am not a communist and did not think anyone here is, as a matter of fact nothing negative ever entered my mind when browsing through the Uno pages.
I do wish you the best on your road to mental health and thank the rest of the Uno folks for their team spirit.  

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:26:20 AM

(I hate this device)

Woo hoo!

Thanks to BW
Thanks to 8bitcoder
Thanks to FK

And: outreach to the chinese market is IMHO a v v v good idea.
BlueMan.

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:28:38 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 01:41:13 AM by BlueMan.

Well  Uno is all about patience and security in this and any other moment ! So no rush. the time does not matter. Lets the job be done right way. Don't matter if even take another month. At least we going to shake some pussy hands if they still exist.

Big THANK YOU to FallingKnife and the dev BW.   FK we all know that you do a great job in our community. Thanks brother! And thanks to the others who help here! All good things need some time - don't push it too much. We are here for long ride.

and yes it's time to do something about the Chinese market idea.

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:45:28 AM

Your points are well taken.

As for number five. I have a friend that uses:

www.elance.com

for a bunch of spreadsheet and web stuff. Most of the work is done in SE Asia for very affordable prices.

I'm sure that there's someone on there that could do what you speak of...

1.  Yes, great idea.  Looks like just translating the web page text would be $15-20.  No sweat, but key would be identifying a translator with knowledge of crypto currency, so that words like "hash" don't end up being translated into a symbol for things that SirSmokesAlot and I may or may not have in common....

I will work on this.

2.  I would suggest a few Chinese additions to the webpage before sending the text off for translation.  Most of these could be done now for free (who takes care of the webpage?)

Exchanges:  add BTC38.com, and Bter.com marked "coming soon"

Quotations:  add current quote for CNY/UNO available at http://coinmill.com/CNY_UNO.html and https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/unobtanium/cny

"Talk Uno":  open an Unobtainium account on Weibo and mirror the UNO Twitter feed.  It would be cool if somebody could get a Chinese girlfriend to handle this.  All of mine are Vietnamese.  Add link to Unobtanium Weibo in the "Talk Uno" section.

3.  Once we have a Chinese webpage that mirrors the English one (same site, just choose Union Jack or Chinese Flag?),

---we see about getting a few articles published (in Chinese) that one of us writes (our standard pitch PLUS the potential for owning something so rare and EXCLUSIVE in China...) pointing people to the page.

---Hire Chinese SEO guy (maybe $100) to get our site high on Baidu (Chinese Google).

Write some short sweet emails to the major exchanges mentioned above pointing to all the publicity we just created and ask them to list UNO.

Sounds to me like about $150 could bootstrap the effort.  That's about 60 UNO.

I could pay all the bills, post them here, and collect contributions after I have paid.

Anyone have more to add to this early morning brainstorm?  (6:25 am Hanoi time)

I'll commit 10 $UNO to this project. I think the CNY/UNO pair would be very beneficial.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:56:12 AM

Please advise when Bryce has implemented the fix by mmpool for merge mining to git repo - thanks.

Still waiting for some movement.......

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong please, but wasn't the whole point of having this hardfork to enable merge mining? If so, what is the point of doing so when there are no official wallets that work with merge mining? I've had the latest git repo compiled & running on my Xubuntu p2pool node for weeks now, but it still isn't capable of MM, and there hasn't been any action on git since 9th March. MMpool has submitted a fix that enables it, but it still hasn't been implemented - why not? What's the delay?

I'm a fan of UNO, but I'm sorry - this has been a shoddy implementation of something that doesn't work, & so far is not even officially supported? Surely the wallets for all OS's should have been compiled & tested way before hardforking so that everyone was able to upgrade when needed with the least possible fuss & confusion - hardforking before any wallets are ready is, well, ludicrous. Also, what is the point of compiling a windows wallet from the same code that doesn't work? It's pointless.

Rant over. Please fix the MM code before doing anything else.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
BlueMan.

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:05:35 AM

Please advise when Bryce has implemented the fix by mmpool for merge mining to git repo - thanks.

Still waiting for some movement.......

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong please, but wasn't the whole point of having this hardfork to enable merge mining? If so, what is the point of doing so when there are no official wallets that work with merge mining? I've had the latest git repo compiled & running on my Xubuntu p2pool node for weeks now, but it still isn't capable of MM, and there hasn't been any action on git since 9th March. MMpool has submitted a fix that enables it, but it still hasn't been implemented - why not? What's the delay?

I'm a fan of UNO, but I'm sorry - this has been a shoddy implementation of something that doesn't work, & so far is not even officially supported? Surely the wallets for all OS's should have been compiled & tested way before hardforking so that everyone was able to upgrade when needed with the least possible fuss & confusion - hardforking before any wallets are ready is, well, ludicrous. Also, what is the point of compiling a windows wallet from the same code that doesn't work? It's pointless.

Rant over. Please fix the MM code before doing anything else.

I guess U can ask Bryce this qwestios since he is the only active coder now Cheesy

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 01:17:20 AM

I'm not a miner, but I don't understand. Our hash is through the roof and new blocks are being found all the time. isn't the merge mining active?

PatMan

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 01:23:57 AM

...isn't the merge mining active?

It's active, but faulty:

Is the merge mining code working?

Ok, successfully merge mined a block: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/block.dws?601321.htm

It required this code change:

Code:
diff --git a/src/rpcmining.cpp b/src/rpcmining.cpp
index 20aadfd..52fb24d 100644
--- a/src/rpcmining.cpp
+++ b/src/rpcmining.cpp
@@ -721,8 +721,13 @@ Value getauxblock(const Array& params, bool fHelp)
         uint256 hashTarget = uint256().SetCompact(pblock->nBits);

Object result;
+#if 0
         result.push_back(Pair("target", hashTarget.GetHex()));
         result.push_back(Pair("hash", HexStr(BEGIN(hashTarget), END(hashTarget))));
+#endif
+        result.push_back(Pair("target", HexStr(BEGIN(hashTarget), END(hashTarget))));
+        result.push_back(Pair("hash", pblock->GetHash().GetHex()));
+
         result.push_back(Pair("chainid", pblock->GetChainID()));
         return result;
     }

I'll integrate the coin into the mmpool after some more testing.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:39:30 AM

So it required a slight code change. If one isn't comfortable making a quick code fix, then one shouldn't operate a pool. Small price to pay IMO.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
PatMan

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 01:48:28 AM

So it required a slight code change. If one isn't comfortable making a quick code fix, then one shouldn't operate a pool. Small price to pay IMO.

I am not a coder, so I'm not comfortable making code changes. I also don't operate a pool, I run a private node for my own use, as do 100's of other p2pool users - who are also not coders.

But you highlight my point perfectly. If all that is required is to make a small change to the code on git - why has it not been done so that anyone & everyone, weather they use winblows or NIX, can make use of the MM capability? That was the whole point of having the hardfork wasn't it?

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

I know things are serious around here right now, but in other news...

I've identified POTATO MAN!!!

siameze
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:19:34 AM

Latvian UNO market doing well?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:23:52 AM

100% agree with PatMan!

it should have been a smooth transition, not a mess.

but being a complete codetard, all i can do is wait for official updates.

Also would like to see something basic for other codetards like me to learn from (ala what FK said - a step-by-step instruction, or a script of some sort ) and/or practice with.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:46:54 AM

I can't and won't disagree with Patman and Edgar.

So instead, I'll proudly make my daily 7.5 Uno anti-gravity purchase, and confidently transfer it to my new 0.10 wallet.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BlueMan.

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:53:14 AM

No matter how much  red is the red neck of Potato Man he begins to realize that he going out of bossiness   Grin

BlueMan.

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:12:17 AM

mutation from POTATO MAN to VAMPIRE POTATO MAN is the only option he have lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:17:35 AM

OK, so I'm a Windows user and have been mining UNO on iSpace.  Between halving of the block reward and an above reported increase in hash due to merge mining, I gather mining just UNO anymore is a disaster.  So, I may as well use the time waiting for a new Windows wallet learning about merge mining.

Is merge mining always BTC plus an alt coin or are there other combinations?  Is UNO merge mining with just BTC or are there other combinations?  What pools support UNO merge mining?

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
BlueMan.

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:38:06 AM

The best pool to mine uno is potatoman brain pool.  If he continue to sell Unobtanium like some people sell potatoes - then we going to buy it like potatoes. Un is so cheap that I have the filling it's released yesterday!

Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: