Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046618 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:24:01 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 12:43:31 AM by V500

update: 45 minutes later the withdrawal is still on pending and support has gone silent on me again. I'll probably send another ticket tomorrow (day 5 of cryptsy-odyssee). At this point even if they let you withdraw i'd be ready to pay a few percent more for the coins on another exchange just to avoid this in the future. Withdrawing coins from cryptsy can be real stress and timeconsuming too (lots of tickets, emails, etc).

@IMZ:
interesting idea that would add certainly some benefits. The risk-thing is probably most important. How are you thinking to do that? You'd need a trusted 3rd party to escrow. They would also be charging fees - maybe more than an exchange. Also it only shifts the risk since the escrow can run off too. How you going to make it as risk-free and trustless as possible without driving fees to high?

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:09:56 AM

@IMZ:
interesting idea that would add certainly some benefits. The risk-thing is probably most important. How are you thinking to do that? You'd need a trusted 3rd party to escrow. They would also be charging fees - maybe more than an exchange. Also it only shifts the risk since the escrow can run off too. How you going to make it as risk-free and trustless as possible without driving fees to high?
[/quote]

Couldn't we build up a trust system like the one here on bitcointalk?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:19:51 AM

blood in the streets, UNO just holds its own. Wonder when some others will catch on?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:46:34 AM

blood in the streets, UNO just holds its own. Wonder when some others will catch on?

I don't know but it's looking really bad for all the other alts.  Looking at coinmarketcap it's all blood red with most coins down over 50% just over the past week.  Some people must be feeling some serious pain - I know I am.

Unless you're holding uno that is.  One of very few which stayed up.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Benefactor

Merit: 504

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:35:27 AM

cryptsy - you know what makes sense to me?  They are under some kind of orders to repress UNO as much as possible, even holding an untouchable reserve slated for this purpose, (a large %, remember woo-long's quota?  Not that I'm relating this to him in any way, but there is an evident design pattern for entities to hold a very large percent, almost like a strict rubric from a cabal white paper for repression of cryptos.)

I've seen the patterns in all kinds of cryptos.  Along with these orders might even be instructions on what to say when they get 'hacked'.  ...And just look at those tiny-volume sell bot orders~!

cryptsy is BS, now.  This is not acceptable behavoir from an exchange.  Further, are we back to fractional-reserve cryptocurrency'ing?  Like Gox?  Hmm, smells like a federal agency around there.  (Was that the problem with CoinEx, too?)  If it isn't clear, I think cryptsy is being visited by crime boss henchmen, and are being told what to do.  Crime boss, as in, government associates.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 05:47:39 AM

cryptsy - you know what makes sense to me?  They are under some kind of orders to repress UNO as much as possible, even holding an untouchable reserve slated for this purpose, (a large %, remember woo-long's quota?  Not that I'm relating this to him in any way, but there is an evident design pattern for entities to hold a very large percent, almost like a strict rubric from a cabal white paper for repression of cryptos.)

I've seen the patterns in all kinds of cryptos.  Along with these orders might even be instructions on what to say when they get 'hacked'.  ...And just look at those tiny-volume sell bot orders~!

cryptsy is BS, now.  This is not acceptable behavoir from an exchange.  Further, are we back to fractional-reserve cryptocurrency'ing?  Like Gox?  Hmm, smells like a federal agency around there.  (Was that the problem with CoinEx, too?)  If it isn't clear, I think cryptsy is being visited by crime boss henchmen, and are being told what to do.  Crime boss, as in, government associates.

One would have to be naive to think the government [and banks] are not getting neck deep into all that is crypto - including exchanges.  It is naive to think this thing is gonna remain decentralized in any way or on any level.  Bitcoin has already been centralized nearly on every front and it's not even mainstream yet.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
V500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:17:45 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 08:38:23 AM by V500

withdrawal still on pending - but now the markets reflect the issue with uno at 0.0036 at cryptsy and 0.0046 everywhere else.

Where do we go from here?
I am going to hammer them today with more tickets i guess? I'd recommend you do the same. Use twitter too and maybe Benefactor can make a conspiracy-thread here on btctalk? Let's give them some pressure to fix things. I am tired of it. I'd recommend: get your coins out as long as you still have a remote chance to do so.
It's not acceptable how they handle stuff and they influence things in a negative way. Maybe they are really a gov-operation or god knows what with the goal of holding alts down. Who knows?

Tbh we have some red flags here.

good to see rojan was able to get coins out. I wasn't.

beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:55:49 AM

That dump on Mintpal though, congrats to anyone with low bids down in the 2-3 range. Nice get.

V500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:01:04 AM

That dump on Mintpal though, congrats to anyone with low bids down in the 2-3 range. Nice get.

didn't happen

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:02:48 AM

so now uno is rising on all other exchanges while declining on cryptsy. Interesting.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 11:40:29 AM

Of all the coins on cryptsy, you genuinely think that they would target a specific alt? It makes no sense. Government could care less about small cap cryptos, Bitcoin is essentially centralised now, which means at some point it will be under corporate control of one sort or another (if it becomes that valuable). They are interested in control, which if they truly wanted it would take them no time at all to implement.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
gustav

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:53:02 AM

I don't know but it's looking really bad for all the other alts.  Looking at coinmarketcap it's all blood red with most coins down over 50% just over the past week.  Some people must be feeling some serious pain - I know I am.

Unless you're holding uno that is.  One of very few which stayed up.

uno stayed up because this is obviously rock bottom. Maybe that's why cryptsy is acting stupid? They know it and want to shake out the last ones they can get with this? They are probably looking how far they can go with it. Wouldn't be the first time they screw their customers.  

That last glitch in the book where all buysupport was taken out was also very strange and happend around a low point and i bet some people lost money on it. Maybe we don't need a conspiracy to explain all this?
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 11:55:47 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure that there's a greater conspiracy here. Looking at it, there just doesn't seem to be a market. If anyone here is trading, they're on alert about withdrawals not happening and if anyone did any UNO research, they are as well, so they likely went to the other exchanges...

It's just troubling to see problems not just with UNO, but the other coins listed above. I'm guessing there may be something larger going on with Big Vern and his crew...

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:08:37 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure that there's a greater conspiracy here. Looking at it, there just doesn't seem to be a market. If anyone here is trading, they're on alert about withdrawals not happening and if anyone did any UNO research, they are as well, so they likely went to the other exchanges...

It's just troubling to see problems not just with UNO, but the other coins listed above. I'm guessing there may be something larger going on with Big Vern and his crew...

This I feel is more likely. DMD was having trouble withdrawing too. Don't know about the other alts. My guess is some technical hitches, I have no reason to think it's anything more sinister at this point.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
gustav

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:18:50 PM

just wait when uno is spiking in a few months - cryptsy will have deposit-issues. I can already bet my ass on it. I have been screwed by them many times before by this shutting off deposits/withdraws - tactic. I missed out on HUGE gains with VTC because they were keeping my deposit in limbo for 16h right after they added the market. I will not forget that. These are no technical issues. That shit is on purpose.

They are trading their own markets. Shutting off deposit during spikes and withdrawals during down-times makes perfect sense.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:25:34 PM

just wait when uno is spiking in a few months - cryptsy will have deposit-issues. I can already bet my ass on it. I have been screwed by them many times before by this shutting off deposits/withdraws - tactic. I missed out on HUGE gains with VTC because they were keeping my deposit in limbo for 16h right after they added the market. I will not forget that. These are no technical issues. That shit is on purpose.

They are trading their own markets. Shutting off deposit during spikes and withdrawals during down-times makes perfect sense.

I've had withdrawal issues for weeks. Sometimes it's to withdraw 1 UNO and then withdrawing 25 goes right through. I'm not sure what the dealio is...maybe they are jacking with the good coins...all they are doing is pushing business to the other exchanges...

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:27:14 PM

You could be right. Crypto world is full of chicanery.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:36:45 PM

@ V500 and Bitcoin Charlie:

IndiaMikeZulu loves to put theory into practice.

We've run four such exchanges. Two were flops. One was a service for a project (and we launched a crypto-and-silver-bullion-backed physical alternative currency to raise fiat for that project).

The last was a complete success. It's 99% community consciousness. Give me a coupla weeks to resolve my comms issues. Then I betcha a bottle of beer we can get an in-house exchange going. (I started writing the theoretical essays today, actually.)

Mark, Australia

Google 'indiamikezulu.com.au dokdo community coin exchange 30/05/2014.'
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:56:50 PM

Trouble loggin into Cryptsy... Maybe there is more up there than I thought...

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 01:43:59 PM

@ V500 and Bitcoin Charlie:

IndiaMikeZulu loves to put theory into practice.

We've run four such exchanges. Two were flops. One was a service for a project (and we launched a crypto-and-silver-bullion-backed physical alternative currency to raise fiat for that project).

The last was a complete success. It's 99% community consciousness. Give me a coupla weeks to resolve my comms issues. Then I betcha a bottle of beer we can get an in-house exchange going. (I started writing the theoretical essays today, actually.)

Mark, Australia

Google 'indiamikezulu.com.au dokdo community coin exchange 30/05/2014.'

Sounds awesome! All I can say is what a great community UNO has!

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: