Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046619 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wickedsick

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:12:26 AM

Un-Ex ('yoon-ex')
23/08/2014 [Western Australia]

The sell-prices on Cryptsy and Mintpal are almost identical at this second: about 0.00353 per UNO.

I offer to sell 10 UNO for .034 BTC ('Trade X01')

Post 'I accept Trade X01' and your UNO address here, and I will extend trust by sending first.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

can i get 5 for .017 ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:52:37 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 11:41:49 AM by IMZ

@ Wickedsick: yup!! Post your UNO wallet address in my pm. Me go beddy byes now. Coins at dawn, with corrected buy-price.

Mark
wickedsick

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:16:02 PM

@ Wickedsick: yup!! Post your UNO wallet address in my pm. Me go beddy byes now. Coins at dawn, with corrected buy-price.

Mark

sent
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 03:03:44 PM

Mark

Hi Mark. What do you think of the work that has been done at http://www.cryptotc.us/ ?  How close does this match your vision of trust-based p2p crypto exchange?

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:23:34 AM

Guess who is setting up an exchange?
And guess which coin will be there?

Nostr:
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

Un-Ex

24/08/2014 Western Australia

Gettin' It Optimal:

suppose this link is part of the exchange:

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/133

Thus, we can just pop in; check the first (decent) sell-order; and do fresh arithmetic.

Daily volume (CMC, most recent last): 0.15%,

Price this morning (Cryptsy): 1 UNO = .0039

Should have our first Trusted-Trader rating today!

Mark
Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:22:43 AM

But are the transactions themselves -- and the latest balance -- also stored in the wallet?  So that one would have to back it up/make a copy of it after every deposit/transaction so you don't lose coins? Or is the wallet itself merely a "pointer" to the relevant data in the blockchain and once one has a copy of the wallet backed up say on day 1, that's all you need to show your transactions and balance forever into the future?

(newbie to crypto question...)

No, they are stored on the blockchain. Think of the wallet as the key to your vault, the .dat file has your private keys in it and can move around with you. The blockchain keeps track of all your tx's, not the wallet. So when the network synchs up, it simply assigns all tx's in the blockchain that match your keys to you. You can easily export the private key from your wallet, memorize it, come back in 50 years, punch it in to an Un vault and poof all your coins and transactions will be there!

Awesome, got it, and thank you so much!

Also, thank you so much for creating Un/UNO, and then staying on top of it to bootl!

I've now got a little over 1300 UNOs, and have been mining as well (may give up in October, LOL), it's the only "alt-coin" that has excited me to date.

Jelks

You're most welcome, thats a nice stash of Un too! If you feel like sending ol'Blazr2 a couple for the effort, my addy's in my signature Cheesy

Just sent you a nice little chunk.

Jelks
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:31:06 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 02:42:03 AM by IMZ

@ Falling Knife: gee, it's an interesting site. I am gonna spend some time checkin' it out. But my suggestion is much deeper-rooted -- and I will put my cards on the table one by one.

Basically, though, it consciously adds to 'the basic existing Internet model' a range of face-to-face, on da street, merchant-network-developing, long-term-trust-centric, overtly theoretical practices that make the core community of the currency something that anyone can see makes the currency long-term-viable.

So, far, we have identified the following: currencies derive lasting value from:

(a) 'functionality' -- cryptos serve a function (and some have more and different functions). Everyone understands (a)

(b) merchant network -- of course, it's part of functionality, but . . . hmmm . . . not quite. Let's return to this issue.

(c) 'structuralist function' -- people accord values/'significations' to things (Red roses = love). In the case of cryptos, it's a libertarian political leverage/giving the banks competition. (c) confuses the shit out of most people, though that doesn't make it any less real.

(d) a maintenance-cost-free and publicly-verifiable asset that actually 'backs' a currency. Lots of confusion and emotion and scammery goin' on here! Ask me about our Guerilla Fruit Tree Coin. (d) is where some of the triumphs await. You will be blown away when you hear some of the ideas we have on this one!

(f) physical-bullion sales (etc) -- having these 'embedded' in the core community will give a currency a very valuable anti-GFC leverage as the depression really starts gettin' ugly. It's also woven into the face-to-face thing. And it is the price-independence thing. Let's get stuck into this -- 'national chapters'!

(e) community-as-asset -- think historically on this one: when you consider a business deal, you always consider both the product and the guys sellin' it. I envisage the 'core UNO-community' as a respected think-tank to which is attached an array of projects. Five years from now, after the scam coins have all collapsed, those who have worked honestly and diligently, and become publicly recognised as such, will be that 'function.' That will enhance the coin's value, but just as importantly, it will benefit those recognised core-members.

m.  

cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:48:42 AM

Greetings,

A new wallet for Unobtanium, jswallet:

http://cryptap.us/uno/jswallet

A fork of RushWallet, this may work well for iOS/Android/any devices. No hot wallets, this wallet is a random brainwallet stored as a url. Makes for easy disposable wallets. This is beta for now...

Feedback is welcome.

Regards,

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:17:41 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 06:36:45 AM by IMZ

@ Cryptapus, an android wallet?? Wow, android = higher transactional volumes!!

U
n
olives
beer
tune up my computer
a
n
i
u
m

Baby steps, but I used Unobtanium to buy stuff this week.

@ Bitcoin National: your support for the notion of P2P is most encouraging. I read your post. Agree with almost all -- please teach me:

if Cryptsy and Mintpal screw us around, why give them any custom at all? Does a coin-community gain more leverage -- squeaky wheel gets the oil -- the higher its trade-volume is? It makes sense that a coin have two major exchanges (+ significant P2P). Is it risky to only have two?

[And -- s#@t, I have so much to learn -- the bots on Cryptsy? are they responsible for those queues of tiny little sells and buys??]

m.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:27:12 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 02:14:43 PM by BitcoinNational

@ Bitcoin National: your support for the notion of P2P is most encouraging. I read your post. Agree with almost all -- please teach me:

if Cryptsy and Mintpal screw us around, why give them any custom at all? Does a coin-community gain more leverage -- squeaky wheel gets the oil -- the higher its trade-volume is? It makes sense that a coin have two major exchanges (+ significant P2P). Is it risky to only have two?

[And -- s#@t, I have so much to learn -- the bots on Cryptsy? are they responsible for those queues of tiny little sells and buys??]

m.

I like this P2P exchange, and I had to sit on my hands for you generous 10 for 0.034 offer, best others take such a sweet deal.  So yes x1000 lets build up an inner trade network. Just by posting here in the thread at first, but we can come up with a improving system step by step.

Also http://www.cryptotc.us looks to be a good place to post longer term bids so there is less 'maintenance' required.

But I think both should be used.

--

Cryptsy has a history of flooding the books with bot dust (micro bids).  In the long run we can get our own bots into the action and play ping pong all day.  But for the human traders this stuff tends to piss one off.  Add in cry's lack of customer support and I am no great fan of promoting others to use their exchange.  But Mint and Cry are the majors so we have to keep some coins on stock there.  However, my guess is that Arb guys will naturally do that on their own.  

I am in favor of coinbroker or bittrex as the main exchange floor.  And yes I think squeaky wheel gets the oil, so we will need to get squeaky with the staff and see which is willing to be the better service provider.

And there's more!  The NAUT pairing is very interesting, and they have a strong community too!  And Blackcoin looks to be an emerging major pairing. So I have great hopes for moving towards UNO being traded most in ALTS not BTC. the price-independence thing

Speaking of altmarket.com ... hmmm ...  Grin

Last the big goal is to pair UNO with $$$, and eliminate this nasty illusion that it must be tied to BTC/$$$ price.

Baby steps, but I used Unobtanium to buy stuff this week.
U
n
olives
beer
tune up my computer
a
n
i
u
m

(b) merchant network

If you are saying what I think you are saying.  Great idea!  I was of the opinion that UNO can be 'just' a 'store of value' coin but now I think UNO does need some 'buy power utility'.  Every coin does!  So it is a very smart move to identify UNO with a 'product/service' line.  It can be unique stuff Wink  But we need to have a list of stuff you can get with UNO.  So if anyone wants to trade xyz for uno just post it and I will try to get a list going.

@cryptapus for doing what will make UNO a great coin for the 'but I want to buy stuff with it' crowd.  Well there you go, you can spend from your smart phone.  Swweeet!

---
(e) community-as-asset -- think historically on this one: when you consider a business deal, you always consider both the product and the guys sellin' it. I envisage the 'core UNO-community' as a respected think-tank to which is attached an array of projects. Five years from now, after the scam coins have all collapsed, those who have worked honestly and diligently, and become publicly recognised as such, will be that 'function.' That will enhance the coin's value, but just as importantly, it will benefit those recognised core-members.

hands down, without question, BINGO!
bottom line that is what UNO is

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Blazr2

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:47:02 PM

But are the transactions themselves -- and the latest balance -- also stored in the wallet?  So that one would have to back it up/make a copy of it after every deposit/transaction so you don't lose coins? Or is the wallet itself merely a "pointer" to the relevant data in the blockchain and once one has a copy of the wallet backed up say on day 1, that's all you need to show your transactions and balance forever into the future?

(newbie to crypto question...)

No, they are stored on the blockchain. Think of the wallet as the key to your vault, the .dat file has your private keys in it and can move around with you. The blockchain keeps track of all your tx's, not the wallet. So when the network synchs up, it simply assigns all tx's in the blockchain that match your keys to you. You can easily export the private key from your wallet, memorize it, come back in 50 years, punch it in to an Un vault and poof all your coins and transactions will be there!

Awesome, got it, and thank you so much!

Also, thank you so much for creating Un/UNO, and then staying on top of it to bootl!

I've now got a little over 1300 UNOs, and have been mining as well (may give up in October, LOL), it's the only "alt-coin" that has excited me to date.

Jelks

You're most welcome, thats a nice stash of Un too! If you feel like sending ol'Blazr2 a couple for the effort, my addy's in my signature Cheesy

Just sent you a nice little chunk.

Jelks

Yow! Muchas Gracias! Thanks very much Cheesy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

I'm really excited to be holding UNO.
I enjoy this community.

You guys put the UN in fUN.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 09:15:32 PM

I'm inspired by the ALS "cold water" challenge in the USA.  
Let me challenge you and every crypto investor to the 5 Un challenge.

Let's see what will happen if everyone buys just 5 Un before the end of the month. I nominate all of you to buy just 5 more Un before Sept. 1. It'll cost you less than ten bucks.

Nostr:
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 11:22:14 PM

I'm inspired by the ALS "cold water" challenge in the USA.  
Let me challenge you and every crypto investor to the 5 Un challenge.

Let's see what will happen if everyone buys just 5 Un before the end of the month. I nominate all of you to buy just 5 more Un before Sept. 1. It'll cost you less than ten bucks.

Bought a few more than 5, hopefully everyone will participate!

It's amazing how many one can pick up from the bots, just buying up to a ceiling, backing off, letting them reload, repeat... Kiss

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:02:02 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 02:00:57 AM by IMZ

Un-Ex

25/08/2014 Western Australia
Daily volume (CMC, most recent last): .15%,.1%

Suppose these links are part of the exchange:

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/133
https://www.mintpal.com/market/UNO/BTC

Thus, we can just pop in, and do fresh arithmetic.

Price this morning (Mintpal): 1 UNO = .004

First Trusted Traders:
# Wickedsick, one star
# IndiaMikeZulu (Mark), one star

I offer to buy 10 UNO for .04 BTC (Trade Z001)
I offer to sell 10 UNO for .04 BTC (Trade X123)

Don't forget that we must discuss measures to keep trade-volume stats up: in-house trading lowers the volumes on CMC.
And physical-bullion sales to Australians will be available within a month.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:26:10 AM

@ Bitcoin Charlie: as a newcomer, I shall tread carefully. However -- mumbled, with eyes on the ground -- the idea that a coin is 'just' a store of value is a profound tactical error. No corporation in the world says, 'Yeh, well, we could double sales by adding that gizmo -- but let's not bother!!'

@ Edgar (nice avatar photo!!): don't forget, the morning Un-Ex post is not the exchange! The exchange is a community practice!!! So, you just post:

'Trade S001: I will pay .034 for 10 Uno'

@ Falling Knife: your 'call' for concerted buying is a tactic we argued for in the Yacoin community a full year ago. IndiaMikeZulu will conform to calls for concerted action from competent Uno-vians. (We had the idea that everyone simply keep a pinch of Bitcoin to hand to 'buy in' when the price drops. This concerted action will create a remarkable steadiness of price.)

Good news me!!

woo hoo!! I'm a journalist -- gotta figure out how to fit Uno in:

http://bithub.co.kr/n_news/board/view.html?page_code=comu&board_code=20140823234933_9990&no=2

m.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:58:51 AM

So, we are both looking to buy. But check Un-ex right now. I will add an offer to sell 10 UNO for .04.

You then post 'I accept Trade xyx,' and PM me your UNO addie.

Go!

m.
Jelks

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:47:22 AM

So, we are both looking to buy. But check Un-ex right now. I will add an offer to sell 10 UNO for .04.

You then post 'I accept Trade xyx,' and PM me your UNO addie.

Go!

m.

I'm trying to understand exactly what you all are doing.  So if someone agrees to your offer, you send him 10 UNOs and he sends you .04 BTCs?

Jelks
Jelks

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:40:01 AM

What does "Profitability" mean when it comes to mining?

I am currently using Multiminer, which has an option to use Coinwarz to determine profitability.  I am currently mining Bitcoin, Peercoin, and Un (actually, add Namecoin to that since it "comes for free" when you mine Bitcoin). 

According to Coinwarz, BTC is always 100% -- of the SHA-256 coins, it is the most profitable, PPC is at 89%, and UNO is at 45% (the percentages on the latter 2 vary, but BTC is always by definition 100%).

Incidently, I discovered Un by accident.  Multiminer by default uses Coinchoose.com instead of Coinwarz.com to determine profitabilty.  At Coinchoose, it says the most profitable is Un, the second most profitable is something called Zetacoin (which, when I read about it, I didn't like -- it looks like the crypto version of the Fed LOL), and then Bitcoin (again, always at 100% -- everything is measured against Bitcoin no matter which site you're looking at).

So at Coinchoose, Un is by far the most profitable. Whereas Bitcoin is by default 100%, Un has a profitability of 381.43%!  And then, after reading about Un in general, I was completely sold on it.

But in further reading, it looked like Coinchoose was, um, kind of abandoned, it was sold, no captain in charge, etc., etc.  So I switched to Coinwarz, whereupon I got something of a rude kind of awakening (see above).

Ok, I know also that it possibly won't be profitable to mine Un in any way post-October, but I'd like to get a clue on this.  Ain't no way I'm gonna part with my UNOs acquired so far (well, to paraphrase Charlton Heston, "You can have my UNO when you pry them from my cold dead fingers"), but I'd really like to get a grip on the mining situation with "Profitability" -- and what the disparity between Coinchoose and Coinwarz really means.

Interestingly, when I tell Multiminer (using Coinwarz) to choose based on "Difficulty" vs. "Profitability", it picks UNO as the one to go with.  I don't know if that means it's the most difficult or the least difficult, LOL.

Jelks
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: