Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:57:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Philogus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:10:06 AM

I really need some money for school, installing CentOS at the moment  Smiley

Woo hoo! Good luck!  This one has been a real ball buster for me.  I am a pretty advanced Linux guy, but I just don't have the free time to really dig down on this one.  

The thing that's weird is that when I try to run the OpenSuse build of FreeFileSync on Centos 7, its says that it cannot find some file related to libpng, but I checked to see that libpng is installed using this from the command line:
yum list installed libpng*

This returns:
Installed Packages
libpng.x86_64                       2:1.5.13-5.el7                     @anaconda
libpng12.x86_64                     1.2.50-6.el7                       @anaconda

The OpenSuse build of FFS works perfectly in Fedora 20, so some libpng files must reside in a different location in Centos 7 than they do in Fedora 20.  What makes this problem even stranger is that Centos 7 is based on Fedora 19!  If you come up with a solution, I'll try to feed it directly back to the developers of FFS....after I send you the bounty! Smiley

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Philogus

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:17:11 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 07:01:10 AM by Philogus

@Philogus sounds like a great idea. 200 Uno is pretty generous too. Could be 1000$ in short/midterm.

Yeah, I held back on my real idea because I knew that the donation that they would want for this would probably break my UNO bank.  What I really wanted was this:
All of the stuff that I mentioned before +
  • Change the name of FreeFileSync to UnoFileSync.
  • Create a new website for it at UnoFileSync.uno.
  • Move the project from SourceForge to Github (I really do not like how spammy SourceForge has become).
  • Make the recommended donation for UnoFileSync 1 UNO the first time you install it. A message could be hard-coded into UFS that would give the UFS user the donation UNO address, and maybe how to buy UNO. As the price of UNO rises above certain threshold levels, the recommended UNO donation would be lowered appropriately.

Maybe the developers of FFS will see this post and hit me up with a PM.  

My instincts are telling me that I probably won't hear from them, even with a 200 UNO bounty.  I get the impression that they are pretty busy, so I'm much more likely to end up paying out the 100 UNO bounty to one of us than a 200 UNO bounty to them.

If I do hear from the developers, and they give me a reasonable bounty amount to make all of this happen, I'll post a message here, and perhaps others can help me with the bounty, if you wish.

V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:20:04 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 06:23:16 AM by V500

bitcoin: leg up now or dump it for uno. My personal opinion.

Bitcoin designed according to society not according to the net. If bitcoin can't carry its own weight because of miners having more pressure than adoption after an epic bubble (which was the internet in action) it's game over. Time to spread the gospel of low inflation.

If that last bubble would have been uno (with 21mil coins) not bitcoin it would still be 800$ ... i'll find a way to calculate that through. Will report back.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
V500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:27:43 AM

very easy. 9months decline. 9(months)*30(days a month)*3600(new coins a day)= a whooping 972.000 new bitcoin since the last peak! That's an insane 8% inflation since the last bubble! Why hold that shitty bitcoin when fiat does not even inflate that fast? It's a scam!  Tongue

pnoch

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:30:49 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 10:27:24 AM by pnoch

@Philogus sounds like a great idea. 200 Uno is pretty generous too. Could be 1000$ in short/midterm.

Yeah, I held back on my real idea because I knew that the donation that they would want for this would probably break my UNO bank.  What I really wanted was this:
All of the stuff that I mentioned before +
  • Change the name of FreeFileSync to UnoFileSync.
  • Create a new website for it at UnoFileSync.uno.
  • Move the project from SourceForge to Github (I really do not like how spammy SourceForge has become).
  • Make the recommended donation for UnoFileSync 1 UNO the first time you install it. A message could be hard-coded into UFS that would give the UFS user the donation UNO address, and maybe how to buy UNO. As the price of UNO rises above certain threshold levels, the recommended UNO donation would be lowered appropriately.

Maybe the developers of FFS will see this post and hit me up with a PM.  

My instincts are telling me that I probably won't hear from them, even with a 200 UNO bounty.  I get the impression that they are pretty busy, so I'm much more likely to end up paying out the 100 UNO bounty to one of us than a 200 UNO bounty to them.

If I do hear from the developers, and they give me a reasonable bounty amount to make all of this happen, I'll post a message here, and perhaps others can help me with the bounty, if you wish.

Good news! I've got it! Cheesy

This is a fresh Centos 7 base desktop install, with EPEL repository installed. The FreeFileSync is the newest version available, version 6.9 as requested.

All you need to do is to follow the following list, carefully copy and paste and simple edit of Makefile should do just fine.

From installing dependencies to working environment shouldn't take more than half an hour (including build time).

Here is the list should be real easy to follow.

//Gain root access
# sudo -s

//install dependencies
# yum install boost-devel gcc-c++
# yum install gtk+-devel gtk3-devel wxGTK3 wxGTK3-devel

//Extra dependencies, might not need in this case but could be handy later
# yum install mysql-devel subversion
# yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

//Create a build folder (e.g. ffs-build)
# mkdir ffs-build
# cd ffs-build

//Download FreeFileSync source file and other needed dependency source files
# wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/files/FreeFileSync/6.9/FreeFileSync_6.9_Source.zip/download
# wget http://softlayer-dal.dl.sourceforge.net/project/zenxml/zenXml_2.0.zip

//Unzip files
# unzip FreeFileSync_6.9_Source.zip
# unzip zenXml_2.0.zip

//Fix some bug in Makefile, replace gtk+-2.0 with gtk+-3.0 (2 total)
# nano FreeFileSync/Source/Makefile
# make
# make install

If you follow this instruction and still can't make it, I'll format and reinstall everything again and try to put it on youtube.

Here is some screenshot

Installing Dependencies

Building FFS

Build Process Completed

Success!

If you really don't want to build on your own, which should be real easy with my provided instruction, let me know so I can provide you the fresh copy of the FFS build from my fresh VM installation.

Here is my UNO address uaCTEckBTnocqfdu2HC7rSW8xYDquMuZL7, your UNO will keep me away from instant noodle for weeks to come! BTW, sorry for my english. I'm a Thai student studying in China Smiley
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:40:59 AM

Wa ha ha:

a hearty cheer for V500 when he turns up. He's over on in the Bitcoin Speculation section, being called a scammer and a troll and a FUDster for pointing out that Unobtanium has solved the inflation problem by not having any. Go, V500!!

Mark
V500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:26:11 AM

Wa ha ha:

a hearty cheer for V500 when he turns up. He's over on in the Bitcoin Speculation section, being called a scammer and a troll and a FUDster for pointing out that Unobtanium has solved the inflation problem by not having any. Go, V500!!

Mark

lol. they are butthurt because of that inflation. I decided to let the thread run and not prove their arguments wrong to not let them get too upset.
All hardcore bitcoiners. Telling them 10% inflation a year for next 2 years and 5% for the 4 years after that is too high won't work. We better concentrate on buying uno before they can :p
Really, look the other thread. People leaving bitcoin. It is about to crash and burn because of the inflation. Uno is going to take over when that happens, no doubt. Paypal doesn't pump, interest in bitcoin is reducing. All the net heard about it and they kill it with 10% inflation.
But dare you to tell them the truth. "Bitcoin forever. Inflation is a must" lmao

People would be ready to adopt btc. They want to buy it but they can't because it is just burning the money away.

There is no need to hurry to bitcoin because until 2020 it has an inflation as high as fiatmoney and higher. They try to sell it as digital gold but in reality it is inflationary. They tell you it's a hedge against inflation, when it isn't. But never confront a bitcoiner with the fact. Too emotionally attached to the coin. They take it personal. Just let them be.  Roll Eyes

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:38:21 AM

Seriously, V, I learned something. They weren't listening. It strengthens my conviction that we should engage The 99%.

And if I had a hundred-thousand bucks, I'd just buy so much Uno that we could indeed just sit and wait for everyone else to figure it out.

M
V500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:47:50 AM

Seriously, V, I learned something. They weren't listening. It strengthens my conviction that we should engage The 99%.

And if I had a hundred-thousand bucks, I'd just buy so much Uno that we could indeed just sit and wait for everyone else to figure it out.

M

i could have expected that. Of course they don't listen because "all alts are shit" and "bitcoin only" ... well, probably was still good to raise some awareness. But currently it's too toxic in 'speculation' to keep having discussion about that. Can't poke in the open wound.  They'll become too aggravated. lol. Maybe later again.

Philogus

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:29:06 AM

Good news! I've got it! Cheesy

Thanks man!!  Fantastic work.

That was an incredibly rapid turnaround.  I'll follow your method when I get home from work and send you your coins tonight! Smiley

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:57:35 AM

M

Someone must have been listening, because Bittrex traded 7 btc of UNO while I slept, and Cryptsy 5 btc.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
V500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:24:21 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 01:20:02 PM by V500

M

Someone must have been listening, because Bittrex traded 7 btc of UNO while I slept, and Cryptsy 5 btc.

well, some people actually can do math. Bitcoin will bubble and crash until 2020. The bearmarkets will be painful. There is no guarantie it'll come back from the lows each time since alts are stepping up the game. Bitcoin won't be able to compete with all the alts till 2020 with that high inflation (maybe).
People like to say bitcoin would be a hedge against inflation but that is wrong before the year 2020. Uno is a hedge against inflation. Bitcoin will be after the year 2020, not now. It is also not digital gold for that reason. Uno is that.
But don't tell that to a bitcoiner :p
shhhht! Don't tell.  Wink

It will be panic when the next bullmarket doesn't strike higher than 2k$ and drops back to 600$. BTC is totally dependant on that adoption.
If the paypal thing doesn't get the ball rolling during next few weeks i will loose faith in btc. It'll pretty sure crash then back to 200$ or lower. That's game over. Uno is pretty much also a bet on slow adoption, which i think will be the case. Everyone who can handle crypto and wants it is already here. In fact the first ones are leaving already. The butthurt will be epic when paypal does nothing. At that point there is the danger of bagholders dumping the amazon-pump even.
Horrorscenario: paypal doesn't do a thing, bitcoin keeps sliding down. Amazon announces in a few months, bitcoin pumps 20% and continues sliding down and stabilizes/stagnates around 200$ to 300$ till 2016
What will happen then?
I think uno is good because if bitcoin fails in that way it will go up, but if bitcoin bubbles again, uno will also go up. So uno goes up one way or another.
Pretty much the only coin around that really can hold value.

But let's not talk bitcoin down too hard for now. Maybe it can still make it. 10% irrosion per annum is still a bit hefty for a crypto that supposedly should hedge against inflation.
Let's be honest: for the fact paypal was announced this looks pretty bearish. More likely to drop to 100$ than breaking the 700$. If the masses don't come to bitcoin soon it'll keep sliding down and we could even see a panic if paypal really does nothing.

inflation. Keeps pushing down. Only 4 days of mining to be sold till 100$ on stamp. Sell 4 days of minig uno on cryptsy, price wouldn't even slip. That's the difference.

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:23:50 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 03:44:33 PM by gustav

update:
"tradevolume devided by coins mined 24h" according to coinmarketcap:

btc: 20
ltc: 16.8
uno: 96 and more

uno beats bitcoin in 'tradevolume devided by inflation' by nearly 5 times. And LTC nealy 6 times today.
Arize! Wink

we had twice the volume of megacoin, more vol than qrk, more than 3 times what naut had, 10 times myriad.
It's picking up.
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:49:32 PM

@v500

excuse me sir but could you please chill out for a sec.

bitcoin is there since a long time. it will not just crash and burn even if you wish so.

paypal doesn't mean a thing in the cryptoworld. isn't it what nobody wants to deal with anymore? the old shit we managed to get rid of?
3rd party ripoff fees and stuff?

i personally ignore their opinion on bitcoin to be honest. and i won't celebrate if they say yes bitcoin is cool.
they are already too late. no piece of the cake left, sorry. f* you paypal.

as far as i understood, paypal did not say they will accept bitcoin YET.
they will "test the waters" and who knows what happens next.
so your predictions make not too much sense to me.

i think many bitcoiners don't care about paypal news or are sceptic - so the price is not going to the moon. and why should it.

you are obviously a UNO fanboy (cool!) Cheesy
but you try to paint a picture i first wanna see finished before i believe it.

Wink

let's just keep trading and see what happens.

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:15:07 PM

As UNO fans, has anyone one here been approached by a crypto-pumper about pumping the coin? I'm talking recently, not the Wolong days...

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:25:50 PM

As UNO fans, has anyone one here been approached by a crypto-pumper about pumping the coin? I'm talking recently, not the Wolong days...

Not yet. That is the hard part with uno, getting enough together to manipulate the markets. Even at this price, it wouldn't be anything crazy to do it, but more than i can dream of having. Now i am curious, has anyone talked to you about a pump BtcCharlie?

I love that V500 is passionate about uno. I fail to see how btc has failed though. Was the objective of bitcoin to be traded at 2k a coin? No, it was not. The issue we are seeing right now is the melt down of the arms race that was at place with mining equipment. There is a flood of coins. People were mining the coins because there were people to buy them at what ever price. Not mining them to hold onto them, or mining them because they wanted to exchange those coins for goods, they wanted to sell them to other people who speculate as much as they do. Now the market is saturated with bitcoins, and it will only get worse. Adoption should climb over time, but i can't imagine it being faster than during the start, for the next few years anyway. Then it will either boom like mad, or something else will be there. Just imo though.

By making statements like "bitcoin failed" i feel it hurts the other arguments he might make by allowing people to dismiss what he has to say based on that absurdity. Bitcoin can only fail of people stop using it. Not being smart or funny, it is just how a currency works. Furthermore, bitcoin is about the chain, the token is just there as a Pavlovian reward for your mining efforts.

I agree with on inflation, but without an objective, failure cannot happen unless it is destroyed?

Don't mistake what i am saying, i bought btc and i thought it would be worth a thousand or so each, because that is what i wanted to believe. There is no reason as to why it should, or shouldn't be that much. I don't think bitcoin failed, i think I failed in my speculations. If an archer misses his mark, does he blame the target for moving?

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:01:20 PM

@ Bitcoin failing: I gotta agree with Sirsmokes and Layer; and I have a related thought: 'the consultancy thing':

if we are the coolest-headed analysts on the scene, people will gravitate here lookin' for advice. Again, it's the 'not-zero-sum' thing: it's not My Coin instead of Your Coin; it's My Coin as well as Your Coin.

I learned in political activism that if, over time time time, you quietly state the minimal case, you don't ever ever ever end up lookin' silly later.

@ Gustav's Law: could we give your Law a natty abbreviation? -- and there's a thing here from theory: the first member of a binary pair ('BTC/UNO') is usually seen as dominant. So, 'TDI'? and 'Uno/Btc TDI 5/1'?

m
V500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:31:35 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 12:53:49 AM by V500

you're right guys. To say 'bitcoin fails' is a bit over board. And it probably won't fail. But to say it suffers from 10% inflation and to state we are in a negative feedbackloop because of that (price goes down, falling price slows down adoption because nobody wants to buy in, leads to further decline) can certainly be said at this point in time. Not saying it will fail entirely, just saying it suffers from too high inflation at least until next halving.
Bitcoin is good and all but it would have been more fun with a little faster halvings Wink

... maybe talking too much ...  Cheesy

i certainly hope it starts to pump a bit soon, although it wasn't constructed to do that right now.

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:53:19 AM

I can't say i ever considered what is taking place with bitcoin currently. Inflation will be an interesting. It can only really be countered by new adoption or destruction of existing coins, in terms of raising each coins individual value. I certainly think bitcoin is often viewed as "too big to fail" to use popular terminology, which we can see isn't really the case, or at least it is subject to the same types of swings many other coins have been.

To keep it related, Uno does seem to fare rather well regardless of how bitcoin seems to be doing. Which is rather refreshing, a lot of coins suffer just as much, if not more.

To say 'bitcoin fails' is a bit over board.

Lol. One day i hope i can say bitcoin tried, but uno did it better Grin

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:06:16 AM

Not yet. That is the hard part with uno, getting enough together to manipulate the markets. Even at this price, it wouldn't be anything crazy to do it, but more than i can dream of having. Now i am curious, has anyone talked to you about a pump BtcCharlie?

Yes, a twitter user who is a pumper with over 10k followers said he would be glad to promote an UNO pump for a "chunk" I do not know what a chunk amounts to as I have not yet replied.

I did not yet reply because I did not want to unilaterally act for the cause without first consulting the community.  I see an opportunity to put forth a "chunk" to help promote UNO to a number of individuals in the twitter feed.  If 1% of his / her followers picked up 100 UNO each, that would really drive some volume, thereby pushing up the market cap stats, ergo potentially drawing further attention of regular crypto watchers...

However, I also see a possibility of hurting UNO by someone running a pump for profit and then dumping thereby sending the value down in panic selling ultimately hurting the coin more than the pump had helped. One of UNO's main virtues is slow growth and stability.

Thoughts?

I should also note that I am in UNO for the long-term...at least until 1 UNO = 10 BTC, then I might have to sell some...

Tongue

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: