Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 08:57:52 PM

Just thoughts I'd drop a comment to signal I have the latest run of UNO silver wallets available now here:

Unobtanium Silver Wallet

Thanks to those who have already supported the project Smiley

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:02:59 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 09:37:17 PM by BitcoinNational

Is this Gustav guy one of the developers or just someone with strong opinions? The UNO website still has Bryce as the developer but has not updated his relationship to Blocknet (he's no longer there). It would be nice if the developers would keep the site current.

Here's a couple strong opinions for you.  Grin

1.  We don't really need code.devs ... uno is as fine tuned as bitcoin (seal it up and let copies float online) ... or as we like to call it a work of art in terms of its simplicity.  It was designed to be rare and fair yet mature in inflation in about a year ... done we've arrived to that point in time, now is it (the code) adjusting to an ever increasing Hash rate ... yes.  That said Blazr lurks in the back ground plotting a protection plan just in case being in the top 10 most secure (by Hashes) network is not good enough.  [probably the 5th most powerful network on Earth but that's debate-able]  And we have one very vocal dev who is plotting something but you will have to decipher his tweets just like the rest of us.  Here's a shocker for newbies and lurkers ... the most important DEV is >>> YOU <<< the investor.

2.  UNO should not EVER NEVER try to be 'money' ... BTC is the money, ripple, and litecoin are the nickles and dimes.  And the other coins better find a function and damn fast.   Uno is a store of value (so what many claim that) ... well we show you by fact ... read the chart is all we ask.  Stable Growth.  That and we think up of other layers upon layers of how to protect the value and increase the value.    *but if you want to buy a cup coffee with UNO you can cuz it is 3x faster than BTC ... but we are more focused on using UNO to buy 1 Ton of Coffee for importers/exporters*

3.  Now if merchants want to accept a digital coin that consistently increases in value over TIME, and functions 3x faster than BTC, and provides 'fair' liquidity.   GOOD ... and why not?   Hey Jong Kim Un and Friends have got a coin for'm ... the-coin-formerly-know-as-Un-but-no-long-called-that-because-it-make-Jong-Kim-feel-less-Supreme-like-if-anyone-or-anything-is-called-Un-too ... we'll have to work on the branding some.

REVIEW
devs ... who cares? you're the dev.  Gustav is a dev.  Everybody a dev.
money NO ... commercial store of value YES ... bet my GOLD on it!  

If you like the community funded website updated to include the fact that said dev is no longer at "BlockTech" then I'm pretty sure for a kilo or 2 the webbie will up date the text.  Heck you could even write it up.  I might even match your tip to prominerone Smiley

----
irrelevant side point ... I think BlockTech is has fallen apart ... they no longer indicate supporting coins (and have never released one no?) and you would think a company called Block Tech would have at least some blockchains website up by now.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:26:23 PM

the-coin-formerly-know-as-Un-but-no-long-called-that-because-it-make-Jong-Kim-feel-less-Supreme-like-if-anyone-is-called-un-too ... we'll have to work on the branding some.

work on the rebranding of north korea? The first thing we'll have to do for 'rebranding' is get Kim Jong a new haircut because the one he has now is really looking bad.  Cool
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 09:35:18 PM

Is this Gustav guy one of the developers or just someone with strong opinions? The UNO website still has Bryce as the developer but has not updated his relationship to Blocknet (he's no longer there). It would be nice if the developers would keep the site current.

Here's a strong opinion for you.  Grin

2.  UNO should not EVER NEVER try to be 'money' ... BTC is the money, ripple, and litecoin are the nickles and dimes.  And the other coins better find a function and damn fast.   Uno is a store of value (so what many claim that) ... well we show you by fact ... read the chart is all we ask.  Stable Growth.  That and we think up of other layers upon layers of how to protect the value and increase the value.    *but if you want to by coffee with UNO you can cuz it is 3x faster than BTC*

One point I'd like to chime in on is that as a community I do not think we should constrain in any fashion how UNO is used. Its multifaceted nature is a strong selling point. If someone wants to use it as currency so be it. If another wishes to put life savings into it, so be it as well. If Silkroad 8.3 adopts it as its currency of choice, so be it further...

I for one am currently trying to figure out the logistics of how to accept $UNO as a method of payment at one of my businesses.  Heretofore, my main goal was to collect as much $UNO as possible. Now, I'd like to help the masses see it for what it's worth. If by accepting it as a method of payment brings some positive notoriety, so be it.

I just wanted to make the point of trying not to put constraints on uses for $UNO

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
balu2

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:42:50 PM

One point I'd like to chime in on is that as a community I do not think we should constrain in any fashion how UNO is used. Its multifaceted nature is a strong selling point. If someone wants to use it as currency so be it. If another wishes to put life savings into it, so be it as well. If Silkroad 8.3 adopts it as its currency of choice, so be it further...

I for one am currently trying to figure out the logistics of how to accept $UNO as a method of payment at one of my businesses.  Heretofore, my main goal was to collect as much $UNO as possible. Now, I'd like to help the masses see it for what it's worth. If by accepting it as a method of payment brings some positive notoriety, so be it.

I just wanted to make the point of trying not to put constraints on uses for $UNO

constraining its use is not possible for anyone. That's the beauty of crypto. People can just do with and use it how they want.
No permission needs to be asked or even can be asked.
If i wanted to use uno to timestamp the pictures i paint i could do that too. I do not even need to use it for the money-aspects, i could even only use the blockchain for other things ending up assigning value to the txs and only paying miners the fee for the service. There are a lot of undiscovered prossibilities with the blockchains.
In crypto you hear often talk about 'permissionless innovation'. It's a powerful thing and drives innovation.
Nobody actually can put constraints on the use of the tokens and that's a good thing.  Wink
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:48:09 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 11:12:32 AM by BitcoinNational

@BitcoinCharlie

You are doing exactly what I was trying to get at ... growing a community of business enterprises that collectively use UNO as an alternative to fiat/paypal/international wires/letters-of-credit ... exactly because it is a growing a community of multifaceted nature interested in sound money.

Prime Client:  'early adopter' business that have come to realize that BTC is slow and inflationary. no?
1. MAKE uno=developed 'crypto-commodity' (asset backing / stable floor)
2. FIND investor/merchant to join network
3. LOOP

-----------
@Balu

'permissionless innovation'  Grin  let the opinions of other be no constraint on what you can do ... the promise of block chain tools is just that ... want to create value no permission needed ... Just Do it ... History (in terms of social-political hierarchies) may indeed be over.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:03:41 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 10:18:33 PM by IMZ

I gotta be really careful here:

if you put deodorant Basic Type 'X' in a pink can, and market it to women, you're 'constraining' it. It you put deodorant B.T.X in a blue can, and market it to men, you're constraining it. If you put it in a can with a picture of an alpine glade, you're not constraining it.

There is a coin that has stumbled badly on this issue. (PM me for the name). It also labelled itself as a 'crypto-commodity,' then the community sat about, waiting for The Investors to come.

tl;dr:

to market a crypto-graphic currency as a 'commodity' is a fine tactic, but to not enthusiastically develop that 'commodity's' merchant-network is to constrain it.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:15:41 PM

"Gustav is a dev.  Everybody is a dev."

+1

m
balu2

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:22:57 PM

merchants want it because it's stable.

Analogy: Can't stop people from using gold and silver for payment aswell. Some just store the bullion but others actually use them as money.
"Store of wealth" which is flexible and portable (which crypto is like nothing else) can be used as money too.
It's ment to store value but because it does that it actually has a certain value and so you can use it to pay someone else with it who accepts it.

"Store of wealth" and "currency" have a relation with each other.
I can pay you for Kim Jong Un's haircut in Urea if you would be willing to accept urea as a payment (or cement, gold, silver, corn, cats, dogs, goats, bread) .

You accept my 5 cows and 3 goats as payment for your daughter and the deal is done (this is actually how it goes down in some countries). Goats and cows can be money or store of wealth too.  Wink (just an example, not wanting to buy your daughters with goats  Cheesy )

Saying: if it has value / stores value and is easily portable, and different parties in a trade recognise this in a similar way it can be money - no matter what it is. You only need: someone to accept it, an agreement on its value and it needs to be portable - so there is your theory of money Wink

if it's no store of value it's not money - on the other hand
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:29:34 PM

@BitcoinCharlie

You are doing exactly what I was trying to get at ... growing a community of business enterprises that collectively use UNO as an alternative to fiat/paypal/international wires/letters-of-credit ... exactly because it is a growing a community of multifaceted nature interested in sound money.

The business in which I'm trying to implement it is retail, not business to business. Anyone with ideas on how to accept $UNO / BTC at the point of sale, please PM any ideas. Been involved with a lot of businesses, but I have not done anything like this before.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:07:51 PM

"Gustav is a dev.  Everybody is a dev."

+1

m

woohoo! I'm the uno dev now!  Grin

(no, you wouldn't like it. But i can share some strong opinions when ever is needed Wink - i'm actually only here to look after the kids so they don't burn down the place when left unattended.  Wink )
gustav

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:49:26 PM

“Our complexity is much more likely to lead us astray than any simplicity we may follow.”
—  Roger Kimball
gustav

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:09:05 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/can-bitcoins-price-ever-stable/

coindesk is such a pain to read sometimes. See that article? They are trolling on purpose.

"If Buterin is right, and flexible supply is the only answer to volatility,..."

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:37:04 AM

if you put deodorant Basic Type 'X' in a pink can, and market it to women, you're 'constraining' it. It you put deodorant B.T.X in a blue can, and market it to men, you're constraining it. If you put it in a can with a picture of an alpine glade, you're not constraining it.

There is a coin that has stumbled badly on this issue. (PM me for the name). It also labelled itself as a 'crypto-commodity,' then the community sat about, waiting for The Investors to come.

tl;dr:

to market a crypto-graphic currency as a 'commodity' is a fine tactic, but to not enthusiastically develop that 'commodity's' merchant-network is to constrain it.

I don't disagree at all about being careful about what we choose to use when describing what Uno is. People love to go for the throat.

But why not just put B.T.X in three cans then? We would need to see statistics to make any real determination if differentiation of products does or does not increase use. If it is the same thing, sold three different ways, wouldn't you sell three times as much as if you were to sell the one item, one way?

We can help make Uno appear to be more like a crypto commodity if we are some how able to get more and more metal vendors to accept it. If the exchange between metals and Uno becomes the norm for us, that certainly helps.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:20:23 AM

tl;dr:

I don't disagree at all about being careful about what we choose to use when describing what Uno is. People love to go for the throat.

But why not just put B.T.X in three cans then? We would need to see statistics to make any real determination if differentiation of products does or does not increase use. If it is the same thing, sold three different ways, wouldn't you sell three times as much as if you were to sell the one item, one way?

We can help make Uno appear to be more like a crypto commodity if we are some how able to get more and more metal vendors to accept it. If the exchange between metals and Uno becomes the norm for us, that certainly helps.

i think it will evolve. Right now the coin is (guessing) 50% speculation/trading, 45% store of value (longterm) and 5% currency
Later the picture what amount of coins are held for what purpose can change.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:59:41 AM

' . . . if you want to buy a cup of coffee with UNO you can . . . ;

Bluntly:

CGB is a cryptographic currency that 'markets' itself as a commodity. The consequence was the community conviction that (practically) no merchant-network development is required. I bit my tongue 'til it bled ('cause I was a noobie).

I mean no disrespect, but the community seems to really think that their coin is a commodity not a crypto-graphic currency.

If you found and read my first few dozen posts here, guys, you'd see that I was squirming in my seat to find out whether 'commodity' in this community meant 'no interest in merchant-network development.' To my profound relief, I realised that you've intuited correctly:

you label yourself as a commodity (suitable connotations); but you develop yourself as a currency because the resulting merchant-network provides invaluable volume and investment.

m
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:16:39 AM

some serious lurking going on in these markets  Grin

balu2

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:45:04 AM

coindesk is such a pain to read sometimes. See that article? They are trolling on purpose.

flexible supply denies the free market.
Who let Vitalik out of his cage?
The completely stable coin these people dream up is not worth trading and will have actually no value (lol)
I can't wait for ethereum. That guy needs to see a doctor.

"My view is that no one cares about supply"
Vitalik Butterin

lol WTF?
balu2

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:20:48 AM

bullshit artists doing their very utmost to convince us that we would enjoy being butt fucked...

they think we are as stupid as they are, and 99 times out of a 100 they're right....sadly

+1
but that's because people are more like domesticated animals these days.
Getting buttfucked is the norm and you better comply or be more buttfucked.
just buttfuck them into submission with the bureaucratic apparatus 
lol

in this case it's not so easy so they need to trashtalk everyone into confusion before being able to roll out the bright new future of goldman sachs.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:40:44 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 01:41:26 PM by BitcoinNational

"But bitcoin's algorithm makes the supply of bitcoins constant, meaning that demand fluctuates."

Last i checked 13.5 Million BTC going to 20.9 Million and a supply changing at a rate of 3600/day ... how is that constant?

Bitcoin whales/pundits allow for this public misinformation at great peril ... they seem to live in a bubble where they are the only possible solution to everything and Etherem-Foogazi will be their side project based on the voodoo of central-fiat bankers game of letting nobody know the money supply, they seem to have ignored the last 18 months in crypto.

There are literally 500 viable alternative cryptos ... one of them might just create a fixed supply coin, preferably on the SHA256 network.

---
side note on price stable coins:  

Nubits/Nushares already created this product >> the $1 coin

BTSX has them for $, cny, and bitcoin

UNO might do it for silver 1kilo = 1 UNO  (but then that put constraints on Un)

All the big exchanges allow you to convert/hold $ / CNY on their books (but do you trust them?)

Gustav is right they are trolling anyone who prefers to use words to transmit definite meaning, you know people with a brain.

===

Here's Totem Pole of what gives any crypto/paper value
(start with the least important on top, on bottom the most important holding it all up)

consumers ... they use it cuz everyone is using it (high volume)

merchants ... they accept it cuz it tends to hold value over time and can be converted to a Major currency (predictable market cycles for Exit if needed)

savers ... they use it cuz it holds value over time (Stable & Up, price rise pattern over long market cycles)

the founders ... part saver / part merchant / part speculator / part visionaries ... back the idea with sweat and treasure until it becomes real ... that's the guys who coded, mined, promoted, discuss daily, and HODL, and protect the price with their Au/Ag/BTC

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: