Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP with 2 T17+ :(  (Read 446 times)
thierry4wd

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2020, 10:34:09 AM

ok, in fact this is normal i have built in a security, if the client kill the develop pool, the miner stop hashing, but normally should restart ... i see where the problem is coming from i will  correct this and update, I would be interested to have your feedback if possible Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 06:21:07 PM

Hi, indeed, some firmware can solve some problem, concerning mine, it ignores some functionality and this content to make the miner work as simple as possible with only useful things. did you use mine?

I know it's unlikely that you are going to do it, but I want to make sure, you have not disabled all 4 temp-sensor check on your firmware right?

ok, in fact this is normal i have built in a security, if the client kill the develop pool, the miner stop hashing, but normally should restart ... i see where the problem is coming from i will  correct this and update, I would be interested to have your feedback if possible Smiley

Does this mean gyw2020 blocked the dev pool on his router? or is it just a bad connection to the pool? Make sure you have a bunch of dev pools located in different areas US/EU/ASIA, also all these pools must support Asicboost.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
favebook

Activity: 604
Merit: 416

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 07:15:45 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2020, 01:12:35 AM by frodocooper

I'd like to know about temp sensors too. As I've seen one of my chips reach 96 C while others were okay and neither hashboard nor whole ASIC stopped mining.

Where on default firmware, as soon as one chip reaches 90/91C, whole unit just stops mining instantly and hashrate of ASIC drops to 0.

Now, this has happened once or twice, other times when overheated, it went to 0 same as default firmware. Is this a bug or something else?
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 10:08:47 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2020, 01:13:10 AM by frodocooper

Chips' temp is a chip reported by the chip itself, while the 4 sensors on the hashboard report the PCB temp, on the T17 they can be found "near chip 9, chip 7, chip 22, chip 24.", their part number is "TMP451AIDQFR" and they look something like this.

I believe that stock firmware requires at least 2 of them to send temp-readings before mining is initialized, Vnish, on the other hand, requires at least 1 out of 4 IIRC, of course, you can get the miner to start without checking them if you would modify that piece of code, while that may be good for testing whether you really have 4 bad temp-sensors or just a loose chip/heatsink, it can set your miner on fire.

Since you mentioned 90c then it's chip temp, I assume if PCB temp is 90c then your chips would have probably melted, and as far as stock firmware, it works exactly like how you explained it, 1 chip out of all the chips across all boards goes above 90 and the miner goes to protection mode until restart, these settings are adjustable, most firmware including Vnish use 90c as a cut-off and honestly speaking even 90c is way too much for these 17 gears so perhaps thierry4wd should reduce it a bit, if it was S9, I am sure it would handle over 100 with no issue.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
favebook

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 05:32:47 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2020, 12:25:50 AM by frodocooper
Merited by mikeywith (1)

Yeah, just ignore me for that part. I was talking totally about chip temps. PCB temps are more than fine and Thierry even has option in his firmware to stop mining if PCB is above 80C (picture below):

I actually think thierry should give us the same option as Vnish to change max chip temp by ourselves. I wouldn't like him changing it to be lower (nor higher for that matter) and not giving us an option.
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 04:50:53 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2020, 12:11:09 AM by frodocooper

Agreed, also the fixed fan speed effect on temp should be modifiable, 80c as a chip temp target for auto-fan is a bit too much, the best option would be setting your desired max chip-temp on which the fans will try to achieve by spinning at faster/slower RPMs, by all means 80c on these 17 series gears is overkill.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
favebook

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 12:49:28 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2020, 12:11:28 AM by frodocooper

True, but I think 80 C chip temp target is default set by Bitmain. Also, I never use chip temp target on my units. As you can see it's on manual 100% like on all my other units.

Yes, that feature where we can change temp target is nice to have, but I am not sure how much Thierry is up to adding features.

There is a lot of things he could add just looking at Vnish's firmware, and many more even.
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 01:49:36 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2020, 12:12:05 AM by frodocooper

... but I think 80 C chip temp target is default set by Bitmain.

Since when did bitmain firmware become the ideal standard?  Grin, their firmware suck big time.

Also, I never use chip temp target on my units. As you can see it's on manual 100% like on all my other units.

I saw that, and I admire, because this is how I treat my gears as well, 90-100% fixed fan speed is the only way I run these miners, fans are dirt cheap and I have a ton of them for spare.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
favebook

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 03:41:19 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2020, 12:12:29 AM by frodocooper

Hahah, I never said it is IDEAL standard, I just said it's default, and Thierry even said that he did not modify the original firmware that much. He literally just opened the options that were already there but Bitmain locked them a bit better than on S9 machines.

However, yes, I would like for Thierry to work a bit more on features on his firmware as his fees are really competitive and firmware works like a charm usually.

I will point him again to check this thread.

Also, yeah, we do think alike, tho I never put them under 100%. I'd rather let them use more W and possibly die on me but they cool better, than to have to deal with other problems.
thierry4wd

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2020, 05:49:52 PM
Merited by mikeywith (1)

Thank you for your interest, let it be clear, in my firwmare, I only modify the configuration page to display all the hidden options, and, concerning bmminer, I ONLY change the boot, it starts in fixed mode and not automatically.

EVERYTHING else remains the same,

Regarding pool security, in fact, the miner ping my pool, so if it is killed, or if the miner loses all internet connection, then it starts again. but contain litle bug, i resolve this problem soon and i release update Wink

mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2020, 08:54:41 PM

Thank you for your interest, let it be clear, in my firwmare, I only modify the configuration page to display all the hidden options, and, concerning bmminer, I ONLY change the boot, it starts in fixed mode and not automatically.

EVERYTHING else remains the same,

Don't temperature security options exist in the stock firmware's options? I remember in the old version of S9 firmware there was an option for that, it says something like "stop mining when chip temp is over xx", have they removed all of these features in the 17 series firmware?

Thanks for being nice enough to answer all of our questions, remember we are doing this to help you improve not to bring you down.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
thierry4wd

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2020, 09:22:47 PM

Absolutely no problem! Wink I must be as transparent as possible about my firmware, and that seems normal to me;)

for temperature protection yes, I just reactivated the option of the original firmware ... even if I think that it does not really make sense to use it ...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: